With so many options, finding the best toner for sensitive skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best toner for sensitive skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Toners for Sensitive Skin
- [HYALURONIC ACID & NIACINAMIDE TONER] pH balanced toner gently removes impurities after cleansing. With ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide the lightweight toner helps soften and smooth skin while locking in moisture for refreshed, healthy-looking skin.
- [ WITHOUT ALCOHOL] The alcohol free, non-astringent, and non-drying, formula leaves skin feeling balanced, soothed, soft, and clean.
- [ SENSITIVE SKIN TESTED & NON-GREASY FEEL ] Formulated with sensitive skin in mind, the hydrating and soothing formula is fragrance-free, oil-free, allergy-tested, sensitive skin-tested, and non-comedogenic so it will not clog your pores.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
- 8.5-fluid ounce of Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Facial Toner to help purify, cleanse and refresh skin without stripping its natural moisture
- This alcohol-free face toner is contains mild purifiers that work to gently remove impurities and help recondition skin. Plus it is non-comedogenic so it won't clog pores
- The oil-free, hypoallergenic and alcohol-free formula of this gentle toner cleanses and refreshes skin without causing irritation or drying skin and will not strip delicate facial skin of its own natural moisture.Dye free
- Moisten cotton ball with Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner and apply to face with gentle upward strokes to leave skin feeling fresh and clean without any dryness or stinging
- Complete your daily skincare routine with this cleansing face toner for your own at-home self-care experience
- THIS HYDRATING TONER BOTH SOOTHES & NOURISHES dry flaky skin & helps revitalize & moisturize. Fights the signs of aging & calms redness while infusing skin with antioxidants to minimize the effects of free-radical damage & environmental stress.
- Paula's Choice SKIN RECOVERY Calming Toner gently soothes and delivers key ingredients like skin-defending antioxidants, essential lipids and skin-restoring ingredients to help eliminate dry, flaky skin as it hydrates and leaves skin feeling smoother.
- Use this hydrating, soothing toner as part of your skin-calming morning & evening facial skin care, after your favorite Paula's Choice cleanser. Follow with exfoliator, serums, spot treatments & moisturizer. For daytime use an SPF 30+ moisturizer.
- SUSTAINABLE PACKAGING: As part of our pledge to the planet, we’re removing extra plastic from our shipping boxes, like shrink wrap.
- Paula's Choice products are made with YOUR SKIN in mind. Whatever your skincare concern, whether dryness, acne, fine lines, or sensitive skin; we've got a treatment line for you. The search for amazing skin care ends here. Finally, you found it.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
- ALCOHOL-FREE & FRAGRANCE-FREE - Face toner with gentle formula free from alcohol and fragrance and featuring Aloe Vera which calms, soothes, and provides hydrating properties for soft refreshed skin
- SOOTHING & HYDRATING TONER - Gently removes excess dirt, makeup, and impurities left on the skin after cleansing; Non-drying, re-balances skin and hydrates for a soft and comfortable feel
- RICH IN NUTRIENTS - Aloe Vera is a natural plant extract with anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties; Also rich in amino acids, active enzymes, vitamins & minerals that are good for your skin
- HOW TO USE - Use this Mario Badescu Toner twice daily after cleansing; Dampen a cotton pad with skin toner; Wipe toner in sweeping outward motion until no product remains on the skin
- #MBSKINTIP - Use to refresh and soothe skin throughout the day; Dispense pore toner into palms and gently press over the skin
- Gentle Face Toner: Alcohol-free and formulated to soothe, tone, hydrate, and balance the pH level of skin; This face toner helps reduce the look of pores, balance oily skin, and maintain the skin's moisture barrier
- 98 Percent Natural Origin Ingredients: Made with certified organic Witch Hazel grown and harvested exclusively for Thayers on a family farm in Connecticut, and certified organic Aloe Vera
- Unique Formulation: Thayers Witch Hazel extract is farm-to-bottle. It's picked by hand and made the old-fashioned way (via maceration) using water only and NEVER touching alcohol; Dermatologist tested for safety and 100 Percent cruelty free
- Proven Results: In just one use of this face toner, skin feels nourished, healthier, skin tone appears even, and skin is hydrated all day long. After one week of use, pores look reduced, skin looks clarified, and skin texture looks smoother. Non-comedogenic.
- Time Tested Remedies: We're committed to excellence with our formulas, featuring classic ingredients we've used for nearly two centuries; Thayers elixirs have been a fixture in medicine cabinets for generations, once you use them, you'll know why
- Snail Mucin: Touted for boosting skin hydration & reducing skin inflammation, 95% snail mucin concentrate binds moisture to skin while helping naturally exfoliate and target dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Cica & Hyaluronic Acid: Cica can help stimulate collagen production while it also tightens, repairs, fights breakouts, and soothes your skin. Hyaluronic acid is proven to help wounds heal faster, reduce scarring, and allow the skin to stretch and flex.
- Safe for All Skin Types: This gentle formula will not clog pores making it suitable for dry, normal, oily, sensitive, or acne-prone skin. A perfect addition to your skincare routine for both men & women.
- Clean Formula: Revolutionary cruelty-free clean formula is alcohol-free, sulfate-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free, gluten-free, and Leaping Bunny certified.
- Our Take: If you love your K-Beauty ingredients, snail mucin probably tops your list for its powerful-yet-gentle results. Snail mucin is uniquely combined with Cica to hydrate, gently exfoliate, fight blemishes, and target dark spots.
- Helps repair damaged skin barrier, calms skin and helps minimize risk of irritation
- This product is non-sealed
- Gentle essence toner with malachite extract which helps to detox skin
- Delivers essential nutrients while improving skin's ability to absorb and maintain moisture
- This facial toner is pH-balanced and does not clog pores.
- MAINTAINS SKIN'S MOISTURE: Formulated to reduce excess surface oil with less irritation and prep skin for Differin Gel
- PORE CONTROL: Reduces pore-clogging impurities while minimizing the appearance of pores
- KEY INGREDIENTS: Features witch hazel to reduce excess surface oil, vitamin B, rosehip extract and aloe to condition skin, and chamomile to soothe skin
- HOW TO USE: Apply after cleansing to remove any remaining impurities and prepare the skin for Differin Gel
- SOOTHES & CONDITIONS: Suitable for all skin types and gentle enough for daily use, morning and night
- LIGHTWEIGHT HYDRATION FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: This gentle face toner immediately replenishes hydration and nutrients right after cleansing.
- VISIBLY REDUCE REDNESS: A specialized mix of skin-replenishing and calming ingredients work to quickly soothe red, irritated skin.
- SOOTHE & STRENGTHEN: Research-backed plant extracts support skin’s microbiome + barrier to help prevent signs of sensitivity in the future.
- SUITABLE FOR ROSACEA- & ECZEMA-PRONE SKIN: Gentle formula is made for even the most sensitive of skin types.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes science-backed products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, cruelty-free formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
- Milky Hydrating Toner: This facial toner delivers 48 hours of moisture leaving skin feeling soft, cushioned and hydrated. Toner for face helps skin feel hydrated while removing impurities. Alcohol free toner is suitable for sensitive skin
- Finest Natural Ingredients: Thayers facial toner is formulated with snow mushroom, hyaluronic acid and elderflower water. This pH balanced, milky hydrating toner for face helps to tone skin without disrupting its moisture barrier
- Face Skin Care Essential: Gentle on skin, this hydrating toner for sensitive skin is creamy and non-drying. Thayers Milky Toner leaves skin feeling smooth, comforted and prepped for the rest of the facial skin care products in your routine
- Cruelty-Free and Sustainable: Thayers Milky Hydrating Face Toner is 100 percent cruelty-free and free of any animal ingredients, and we aim to reduce waste by offering recyclable packaging. Paraben, phthalate, oil and gluten-free. Non-Comedogenic
- Hydration Infusing: Helps to remove impurities and prep skin. The gentle milky formula redefines toning with boosted hydration levels.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Toners for Sensitive Skin
When it comes to choosing the best toner for sensitive skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a toner.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best toner for sensitive skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best toner for sensitive skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best toner for sensitive skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which toner you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best toner for sensitive skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best toner for your needs.
Which one of these toners are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.