With so many options, finding the best sunscreen for oily skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best sunscreen for oily skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Sunscreens for Oily Skin
- Face sunscreen for oily skin with broad spectrum SPF 60 protection; Sunscreen absorbs pore clogging oil, even in heat and humidity; Formulated with cell Ox shield antioxidant technology; Suitable for sensitive skin
- This oil free sunscreen provides advanced protection while absorbing pore-clogging oil, even in heat and humidity. Our best sunscreen for acne prone skin is formulated with Cell-Ox Shield technology: broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with antioxidants.
- Non-comedogenic sunscreen for oily skin provides broad spectrum SPF 60 protection. Oil-free sunscreen for acne prone skin helps absorb excess oil, reduce shine and won't cause breakouts
- Formulated and rigorously tested for skin tolerance, even on sensitive skin
- OXYBENZONE FREE, fragrance free, allergy tested, oil free, paraben free
- [organic suncreen] Relief Sun is an organic suncreen that applies gently on the skin and by also including skin calming ingredients, it allows sensitive skin types to use it sith ease as weell.
- [UV Protection] SPF50+ PA++++ broad specturm approved by separate labs in South Korea and Spain.
- [Rice Bran Water] During the Joseon Dynasty, rice bran water was called ‘miansu,’ which signifies water that beautifies the skin, and was used like today's toner.
- [Moist daily sunscreen] It absorbs ultraviolet rays into the skin, converts them into harmless heat after chemical reactions with UV energy, and then disappears, so it is moist and has natural application even after applying it several times.
- 1. It was produced in a safe manufacturing facility certified by GMP. 2. All product booking boxes are manufactured using FSC-certified paper. 3. This product is cruelty-free and is against animal experiments. 4. We did not use artificial fragrance and colorants, essential oil, mineral oil, etc., that may irritate sensitive skin.
- 3-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 for acne prone skin. Stabilized with Helioplex technology and featuring an oxybenzone-free formula, it provides superior UVA/UVB protection
- Facial sunscreen lotion from No:1 dermatologist-recommended sun care brand has a water-light texture that leaves a weightless, matte finish and allows skin to breathe while keeping any unwanted skin problems at bay
- Dermatologist-tested formula is lightweight, oil-free and non-comedogenic, so it won't cause breakouts or clog pores. Ideal for individuals with acne prone skin
- Liquid sunscreen lotion formula is fragrance-free and is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes. It helps keep your skin protected from the sun during outdoor activities like hiking, biking, boating gardening or simply going for a walk
- Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 is formulated to prevent sunburns without aggravating or causing breakouts
- 5 AOX Shield Formula: Formulated with 5 antioxidants (Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Licochalcone A, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Oxynex ST) and oil absorbing minerals for oily, acne-prone skin(1)
- Matte Finish: This facial lotion with SPF 50 is lightweight and provides an immediate, long-lasting matte finish
- Dermatologist Developed: Eucerin SPF 50 Oil Control Face Sunscreen Lotion is developed with dermatologists and is non-comedogenic, so it will not clog pores
- Suitable for Sensitive Skin: This facial sunscreen spf 50 is hypoallergenic, suitable for sensitive skin and for daily use under makeup
- Includes one (1) 2.5 fluid ounce bottle of Eucerin Sun Oil Control SPF 50 Face Sunscreen Lotion
- CETAPHIL DERMACONTROL OIL ABSORBING MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 30: Hydrates skin while leaving a matte finish
- 4-IN-1 FORMULA FOR SENSITIVE, OILY SKIN: Helps absorb oil, reduce shine, hydrate and provide sun protection
- RECOMMENDED BY SKIN CANCER FOUNDATION: Broad spectrum SPF 30 protects against UVA and UVB rays
- LIGHTWEIGHT & OIL FREE WITH NO ADDED FRAGRANCE: Absorbs quickly for long lasting hydration without clogging pores
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All CETAPHIL products are effective yet non-irritating
- SUN PROTECTION: Provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 protection as recommended by dermatologists for use with Differin Gel (0.1% Adapalene)
- LIGHTWEIGHT & MATTIFYING: Formulated with Micropearl technology to absorb surface oil for a matte finish
- DERMATOLOGIST-DEVELOPED: Oil-free, non-greasy, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic and fragrance-free formula that won't clog pores
- NOURISH & MOISTURIZE SKIN: Oleosome technology uses a low concentration of sunscreen filters for minimal irritation while providing significant hydration
- HOW TO USE: Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure and reapply at least every 2 hours
- Content: 110g (3.88oz)
- Broad Spectrum SPF50+ PA++++
- [ SHEER TINTED MINERAL SUNSCREEN ] Universal tint for all skin tones that instantly leaves skin with a healthy glow and offsets the white-cast typically associated with mineral sunscreens. Lightweight, non-greasy feel.
- [ HYDRATING FACE SUNSCREEN ] Formulated with Niacinamide to help calm skin and Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skin's natural moisture.
- [ TINTED MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 30 ] Can be worn alone or under makeup as a tinted primer with SPF 30. Suitable for all skin types, including dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, and acne-prone. This skincare product doesn't come with a protective seal.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and can become damaged with sun exposure. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ SAFE AND GENTLE FORMULA ] Oxybenzone free, avobenzone free, and benzene free, this 100% mineral sunscreen contains only physical filters Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide. Formula is paraben free, fragrance free, and noncomedogenic.
- CETAPHIL SHEER MINERAL FACE LIQUID SUNSCREEN SPF 50: Nourishes sensitive skin while providing hydrating, chemical free sun protection
- MICROBIOME GENTLE FORMULA: Locks in moisture to hydrate and protect skin delicate microbiome
- NON-COMEDOGENIC, ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT FORMULA: Blends quickly into the skin without leaving a white cast or greasy residue and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes
- SHEER, COSMETICALLY ELEGANT: Glides effortlessly onto skin leaving a dry, matte finish for daily use alone or under makeup; dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested
- REEF SAFE SUNSCREEN: This product is a reef friendly sunscreen.
- GAME-CHANGING SUNSCREEN - Our most popular SPF, Unseen Sunscreen is a totally invisible, weightless, scentless formula that provides oil-free sunscreen protection for all skin types, tones, & lifestyles.
- COMPREHENSIVE PROTECTION - This feel-good, antioxidant-rich facial sunscreen helps filter blue light (skin-damaging light emitted from your phone, computer, & tablet), UVA, UVB & IRA rays.
- A SUPER-POWERED PRIMER - The unique oil-free formula glides onto skin, providing shine control & leaving a velvety, makeup-gripping finish. Apply generously and evenly as the last step in your skincare routine and before makeup.
- REEF-FRIENDLY SUNSCREEN - Our oxybenzone- & octinoxate-free everyday sunscreen includes clean, powerful ingredients like soothing frankincense & hydrating meadowfoam seed that nourish & protect your skin.
- GREAT FOR GUYS - This beard-friendly, broad spectrum sunscreen’s clear texture truly feels like nothing.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Sunscreens for Oily Skin
When it comes to choosing the best sunscreen for oily skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a sunscreen .
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best sunscreen for oily skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best sunscreen for oily skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best sunscreen for oily skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best sunscreen for oily skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the sunscreen you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which sunscreen you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best sunscreen for oily skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best sunscreen for your needs.
Which one of these sunscreen s are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.