With so many options, finding the best shampoo for hard water can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best shampoo for hard water. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Shampoos for Hard Water
- Contains 9 oz Malibu C Hard Water Wellness Shampoo, 9 oz Conditioner, 4 Hard Water Treatments.
- The only system that detoxes and defends hair against hard water minerals found in the water we use to shower.
- Naturally eliminates hard-to-budge mineral deposits while locking in moisture.
- Hair instantly goes from dry and dull to soft and shiny.
- Malibu C Hard Water Wellness Shampoo, 9 fl. oz.
- Helps eliminate mineral build-up from hard and well water
- Reduces dryness, damage, dullness and discoloration
- Leaves hair soft, shiny and manageable
- Safe for color-treated hair
- Safe for daily use
- Hard Water Shampoo (33.8oz) helps prevent the build-up of minerals in your hair (Iron, Magnesium, Copper) that can cause dryness, damage, and discoloration
- Purifying solution that reduces dryness and damage while adding shine and moisture
- Helps to increase hair manageability and to prevent and help to reverse discoloration
- Deep, gentle cleansing shampoo that is safe for all hair types, including chemically-treated hair
- Hard water shampoo can be used daily
- Product Type:Luxury Beauty
- Item Package Dimension:2.0 " L X2.0 " W X2.0 "h
- Item Package Weight:2.0 ozs
- Country Of Origin: United States
- 100% Vegan, Cruelty-Free
- Product Type:Luxury Beauty
- Item Package Dimension:9.0 " L X6.0 " W X3.0 "h
- Item Package Weight:4.9 lbs
- Country Of Origin: United States
- CONVENIENCE: This convenient set includes ion Hard Water Shampoo and Conditioner, plus a small lotion.
- BENEFITS: Reduces dryness and damage while adding shine and moisture
- RESULTS: Increases manageability and helps reverse and prevent discoloration
- SPECIALTY: Deep yet gentle cleansing safe for all hair types, including chemically-treated hair and can be used daily
- THE GOOD STUFF: 100% Vegan
- OUAI DETOX SHAMPOO. Move over juice cleanse, it’s time for a hair cleanse. Get rid of product and hard water buildup, dirt and oil with this 1-2x a week clarifying treatment. Here’s your fresh start, see you next week.
- YOUR HAIR’S HOLY GRAIL. This concentrated shampoo with apple cider vinegar gets you back on good terms with overworked tresses. Wet hair, lather up and rinse clean. Follow up with any OUAI conditioner to soften your squeaky clean strands.
- OUAI (or “way”) means yes in that casual, Parisian way. We believe in effortless routines and good for you ingredients. Haircare customized to your hair type to nourish, strengthen and condition. Giving you the confidence to win life your OUAI.
- INGREDIENTS THAT GET THE JOB DONE. All OUAI products are carefully crafted to cut styling time and nourish your hair health. We put the good stuff in and leave the bad stuff out, without ever sacrificing quality. We are always trying to do better for the planet.
- FOR REAL LIFE, FOR REAL PEOPLE. Celebrity stylist Jen Atkin had used every product on the market but couldn’t find a brand she or her friends could relate to. OUAI offers luxury products at affordable prices that are user friendly- no glam squad needed.
- Redken Hair Cleansing Cream is a professional clarifying shampoo for all hair types and textures. Removes dry shampoo, product build up, hard water minerals, excess oil and pollution residue from hair.
- Clarifying shampoo purifies, refreshes, and leaves hair shiny. Instantly removes residue. Strengthens hair cuticle and pairs with any Redken conditioner. Suitable for color and non-color treated hair
- Hair cleansing cream clarifying shampoo. With alpha hydroxy acid, fruit acid, and cleansing complex. Deeply purifies hair build up and pollution. Removes copper, iron, magnesium, and calcium minerals.
- Clarifying cleansing cream. Strengthens and adds shine to hair. Deeply cleanses oily and greasy hair instantly. Formulated with AHA fruit acid and cleansing complex. Deep clean professional solution
- Leaves hair feeling thoroughly cleansed. Purifies hair and helps eliminate product build up from dirt, grease, grime, hard water, tap water and styling residues. Helps prepare hair for in-salon services
- Malibu C Hard Water Wellness Conditioner
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Shampoos for Hard Water
When it comes to choosing the best shampoo for hard water, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a shampoo.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best shampoo for hard water.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best shampoo for hard water, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best shampoo for hard water, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best shampoo for hard water. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the shampoo you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which shampoo you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best shampoo for hard water. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best shampoo for your needs.
Which one of these shampoos are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.