With so many options, finding the best makeup for melasma can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best makeup for melasma. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Makeup for Melasma
- Ultimate Color Correcting Concealer Palette: This palette features 6 color correcting concealers expertly chosen to work together to conceal problem areas
- Correct and Conceal: Our palette helps conceal trouble spots and visibly correct discolorations; Light and medium camouflage imperfections, yellow and peach conceal dullness and dark circles, green covers redness, purple and pink brighten
- Face From Foundation To Finish: Complete your makeup look with our full line of face products to aid in color correction and coverage from concealer, blush, bronzer, foundations and contouring to palettes and powders
- Cruelty Free Cosmetics: We believe animals belong in our arms, not in a lab; All of our makeup is certified and acknowledged by PETA as a cruelty free brand; We don't test any of our products on animals
- Discover NYX Professional Makeup: Try all of our professional makeup products today from eyeshadow, eyeliner, and false lashes to liquid lipstick, lip gloss, primer, concealer, setting sprays and eyebrow makeup
- GENTLE NON-ABRASIVE LEAVE-ON EXFOLIATOR: with 2% BHA (Beta hydroxy acid) to unclog & diminish enlarged pores, exfoliate dead skin cells, smooth wrinkles & brighten & even out skin tone. Combats redness, wrinkles, aging, enlarged pores, & blackheads. PACKAGING MAY VARY.
- Dramatically improves skin's texture for radiant youthful even-toned skin. Beta hydroxy acid (BHA also known as salicylic acid) mimics the natural exfoliation process of younger skin by helping it shed extra layers while unclogging and clearing pores.
- HYDRATE, BRIGHTEN & SMOOTH FINE LINES: Our unique, non-abrasive, leave-on exfoliant is gentle enough for daily use on all skin types. Exfoliates dead skin cells while clearing pores for a more even tone, plus it visibly reduces fine lines & wrinkles.
- Paula's Choice facial exfoliants are gentler on delicate skin of the face & neck than an abrasive face scrub, which can cause micro-tears. A BHA leave-on exfoliator delivers hydration & can exfoliate directly inside the pore & improve how the pore works.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
- Full coverage, natural finish
- Creamy texture, never cakey or masky
- Smudge and transfer-resistant wear for up to 16 hours when set with Dermablend Setting Powder
- Repairs & strengthens the skin barrier
- Protective Foundation: Our first protective foundation makeup is formulated to shield skin from harmful environmental aggressors with broad-spectrum SPF 50 and antioxidants to protect against pollution
- Light And Natural: This lightweight liquid foundation leaves a natural-looking finish and protects skin day after day; Apply it and blend with fingertips, beauty sponge or makeup brush; Dermatologist tested
- Find Your Foundation: We've got something for every skin tone and texture, now in more shades than ever; Discover the perfect shade and finish of foundation in liquid or powder, matte or illuminating
- Flawless Looks Made Possible: Use our fabulous foundations, powders, concealers, primers, blushes, highlighters and face contouring makeup to help you effortlessly achieve any look You're going for
- Create Any Look: Our foundations, bb creams, concealers and highlighters create a perfect canvas; Make eye looks with eyeshadows, brow pencils and eyeliners, and perfect your pout with lipsticks and lip balms
- CONCEAL & PERFECT: Meet the hardest working multi-tasker in your cosmetics bag! Combat under eye circles, redness and other skin imperfections with our water-resistant, foundation + concealer in one perfecting step.
- AVAILABLE IN 45 SHADES: Choose from 45 different long-lasting shades to find the one that best matches your skin tone and helps create a naturally flawless complexion.
- CRUELTY-FREE BEAUTY: This lush, creamy rich formula applies evenly to perfect and conceal imperfections with a natural looking finish. Lightweight full coverage and all-day wear for a beautiful, even skin tone.
- TIPS & TRICKS: One to two pumps is all you need to create a flawless canvas. Apply to clean, dry skin with even strokes and blend seamlessly into skin. This foundation can also be used with your favorite beauty blender or foundation brush for a silky-smooth finish.
- WE ARE MILANI: Born in East LA, we've always been connected to the rich diversity of our neighborhood, because it’s a place that truly embodies the melting pot of Los Angeles. We're not inspired by couture and top models. Our passion is real people, living real lives. Beauty is for everyone. No matter who you are or where you come from, we're here to fuel your self-expression with makeup for every shade, attitude, and ethnicity. No judgment. No exceptions.
- NATURAL & SAFE---Contains KOJIC ACID, Camella Japonica Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cystoseira Tamariscifolia Extract, Honey Extract, Verbascum Thapsus Extract. Paradise Emerald Dark Spot Remover provides an effective and safe solution for the annoying dark spots on your face.
- DIFFERENT TYPES OF DARK SPOTS---Formulated with various natural extracts and essential oils, our Dark Spot Corrector is the perfect Skin Hyperpigmentation Treatment. for your face. It is designed to treat Sun Spots, Face Melasma, Pregnancy Freckles, and Freckles (everything except age spots).
- ALL SKIN TYPES---Paradise Emerald Dark Spot Remover Cream is designed to be a solution for both men and women of every skin type. You can apply it to your whole body-even the sensitive parts. It is non-invasive but effective skincare you can afford.
- DAY AND NIGHT APPLICATION---After cleansing and toning, apply a proper amount of dark spot corrector on your dark spots, and gently massage until fully absorbed. Apply twice daily - one in the morning and once in the evening.
- HOW LONG TO SEE RESULTS?--- 1. In about 2 weeks the deeper skin of the dark spots will begin to fade. In 5-6 weeks, the melanin will begin to dissolve, and you will see noticeable spot reductions. Obvious results can usually be seen in 6-8 weeks; 2. It takes longer (around 2-3 months) for people with thick stratum corneum to see obvious results.
- MULTITASKING SUNSCREEN - Supergoop! Glowscreen is a broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF 40 that helps filter blue light andt doubles as a makeup-gripping primer for dewy, glowing skin that isn’t greasy or oily.
- YOUR NEW GLOW-TO - Glowscreen’s hydrating formula perfects skin, giving it a healthy dose of pearlescence and creating a totally dewy base layer for your look.
- GOOD TO GLOW - With hyaluronic acid, vitamin B5, and niacinamide, this face sunscreen leaves skin naturally supple and dewy from the inside out. One step, and you’re good to glow.
- POWERFUL INGREDIENTS - Our hydration blend helps boost moisture in the skin, leaving it feeling soft and nourished. Sea lavender provides antioxidant protection, while supporting long-lasting hydration.
- HOW TO APPLY - Apply generously and evenly as the last step in your skincare routine and before makeup.
- LIKE BLOTTING PAPERS, BUT BETTER: This face roller is made of real volcanic stone, which soaks up excess oil instantly. It’s our secret for fresh, shine-free skin any time. Use it on a clean or finished face—it won’t mess up your makeup
- MASSAGES AND MATTIFIES FACE: Rolling the stone roller across your skin feels heavenly, like a mini facial massage. Ditch your jade roller and use our 2-in-1 Mattifying face roller for oily and acne prone skin
- EASY TO USE: Gently roll the face roller ball over your T-zone or anywhere skin is shiny. That’s it
- LESS WASTE THAN BLOTTING PAPER: Unlike blotting papers for oily skin that are used once and thrown out, this oil-absorbing roller is reusable. To clean, twist the roller’s ring to unlock, and pull out the stone. Wash with a gentle cleanser, rinse, and air-dry before locking it back in
- LIVE BOLDLY WITH REVLON MAKEUP: Revlon has the quality beauty tools and high-pigment, the bold color makeup you need to be yourself. Our tools for the face, eyes, and nails are everyday essentials elevated through function, form, or and material (but still amazingly affordable)
- Camouflages the appearance of skin imperfections
- Evens out skin tone
- Covers dark circles
- Minimizes fine lines
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer: America's Number 1 Concealer; Erase the look of dark circles, correct the appearance of redness and brighten the look of dull skin with Instant Age Rewind Eraser multi-use concealer
- Anti-Aging Concealer: Turn back time with this anti-aging under eye treatment concealer infused with Haloxyl; Say bye bye to the look of fine lines, blemishes, redness, and dark circles, and hello to a radiant, well rested, refreshed looking eye area
- Best Face Forward: Maybelline has sheer, medium, and full coverage foundation in liquid, stick, and cushion foundation formulas, and a range of concealers, plus face primers, contour, highlighter, and pressed powder to help you create a perfect canvas
- Maybelline Has What You Need: To create any look foundation, BB creams, concealers, and highlighters for the perfect canvas, eye shadows, brow pencils, and eyeliners for any eye look and lip products, from showstopping matte lipstick to a natural lip balm
- Remove Maybelline Makeup With Micellar Water: Use Garnier Micellar Water as a gentle makeup remover at night, and as a facial cleanser in the morning to prep skin for Maybelline makeup
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Makeup for Melasma
When it comes to choosing the best makeup for melasma, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a makeup .
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best makeup for melasma.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best makeup for melasma, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best makeup for melasma, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best makeup for melasma. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the makeup you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which makeup you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best makeup for melasma. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best makeup for your needs.
Which one of these makeup s are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.