With so many options, finding the best leave in conditioner for black hair can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best leave in conditioner for black hair. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Leave-In Conditioners for Black Hair
- SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave In Conditioner is a reparative leave-in conditioner that softens and detangles hair while controlling frizz
- Leave in conditioner that is perfect for those who regularly straighten, perm or heat style their hair, as well as kinky hair, curly or wavy natural styles. Also, works great on color treated hair
- SheaMoisture leave-in conditioner, formulated with Jamaican Black Castor Oil and fair trade Shea Butter, helps to nourish, moisturize and support elasticity to resist breakage when detangling
- This conditioner for damaged hair, kinky hair and straight hair, provides a protective layer that improves the appearance of dry split ends
- All SheaMoisture hair products, including this paraben-free conditioner and leave in conditioner, are sustainably produced and cruelty-free
- This leave in conditioner and cruelty-free conditioner is formulated with no silicones, no sulfates, no parabens, no phthalates, no mineral oil or petrolatum
- LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER SPRAY: This weightless leave-in conditioner for curly hair and detangler restores moisture and shine to thick or thin natural hair with a blend of Castor Oil, Rosemary and Aloe
- FOR DRY, DAMAGED HAIR: Transforms unmanageable, frizzy hair into incredibly moisturized and soft feeling hair; Textured hair looks healthy, and detangling is easier; Made with moisturizing ingredients for hydration and no weigh down
- COILY, CURLY, WAVY HAIR PRODUCTS: Carol’s Daughter Set created for natural hair with 4C, 4B, 4A, 3C, 3B, 3A, 2C, 2B, 2A curl types; Complete the routine with: Curly Hair Shampoo Conditioner set, Leave in Conditioner, Hair Smoothie, Hair Oil, Edge Control
- HOW TO USE: After shampoo and conditioner, hold 6-8 inches from hair and spray all over; Use on dry hair or wet hair to help detangle; Use on dry hair to refresh hair style
- BLACK WOMAN FOUNDED: Lisa Price founded Carol's Daughter in her Brooklyn kitchen in 1993 with a mother's love and encouragement; Today we carry a full line of textured hair care products for women and men to care for all waves, curls and coils
- VITAMIN E MOISTURIZER: Jamaican Black Castor Oil is a rich source of Vitamin E, known for its benefits as a hair moisturizer and supporting lush, healthy hair growth for all hair types including curly hair.
- SMOOTHER HAIR WITH APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: Apple cider vinegar is in this leave in conditioner to help make hair smoother, easier to detangle, and reduce any scalp itchiness by lowering the pH of the hair and scalp.
- DEEP CONDITIONER WITH ORGANIC SHEA BUTTER: Organic Shea Butter deeply conditions dry hair and scalp, seals in moisture, and leaves hair softer without clogging pores.
- PEPPERMINT MAY PREVENT HAIR LOSS: Peppermint can help improve hair growth and may prevent hair loss. It also provides a refreshing, invigorating scalp experience.
- LEAVE IN CONDITIONER INSTRUCTIONS: For best results, apply a generous amount of product to clean, towel-dried hair. Gently comb through for even distribution. Apply more leave in conditioner as needed before styling.
- Leave-In Conditioning Treatment for all hair textures and types - For dry brittle, stressed and damaged hair, breakage, tangles, frizz, elasticity restoration, hair loss prevention and hair growth
- Nourishes and replenishes the scalps natural oils and strengthens, moisturizes, and structures the roots and the hair follicles to make your hair thicker, fuller, shinier and more manageable
- Black Jamaican Castor Oil is rich in Vitamin E and Omega 6 & 9 Fatty Acids that can improve blood circulation to the scalp which helps nutrients reach your hair and encourages hair growth
- Formulated with Shea Butter and Argan Oil two of nature's renowned hydrating agents rich in emollients and fatty acids
- This Leave-In Conditioning Treatment is Paraben, Silicone, Sulfate, and Cruelty Free - Made in the USA and Safe for the entire family
- NEW & IMPROVED FORMULA: more moisturizing formula with pure argan oil, natural oils, and no drying alcohol or silicones
- STRENGTHEN OVER-HEATED/STYLED HAIR: add elasticity to relaxed, natural, and color treated hair
- PROTECT & ENHANCE: protect damaged hair and reveal natural shine
- HYDRATE 3 WAYS: daily use on damaged areas, rinse-out conditioner, or absorbing leave-in treatment
- CRUELTY-FREE: absolutely no testing on animals
- RESTORES: Miracle RepaiRx Leave In Conditioner adds definition while replenishing moisture to hair, restoring softness and shine. Uses Black Castor Oil and Biotin to treat hair, reducing split ends, promoting hair growth and length retention.
- SOFT AND MANAGEABLE: Our Miracle RepaiRx Protective Leave in conditioner is a lightweight formula with no build -up that leaves hair feeling soft and manageable. It penetrates hair’s cuticle to allow for thorough conditioning
- PROTECTS AND REPAIRS: The Miracle Collection focuses on preventing hair breakage and repairing and restoring strength to damaged hair, which has been compromised due to excessive styling, weaves and extensions, heat, color, or environmental factors.
- PROMOTES GROWTH: This line is the perfect combination of products and ingredients to assist the hair in restoring to its optimal state. Also aids in repairing color or heat damaged hair and works perfectly with protective styling.
- BLACK, WOMEN OWNED: Our team at tgin is 96% women and 100% Black-owned. Our products do not contain sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, lanolin, artificial colors, safe for color treated hair, and we do not test on animals.
- The rich leave-in conditioning cream cuts detangling time in half and maximizes slip, while smoothing and elongating curls.
- The Tangle Slayer Type 3 leave in conditioner is specially designed for medium, curly, type 3 hair. Use gentle pressure when massaging the scalp and roots of your hair for several minutes to promote hair growth.
- For best results, use on damp hair. Section hair and apply a generous amount of MBIB Tangle Slayer Conditioning Cream to your palms. Emulsify, and gently massage into hair. Finger detangle, and distribute evenly throughout hair. If desired, follow with a wide tooth comb to ensure hair is fully detangled. Follow with any of the MBIB styling products.
- Made with Golden Milk, a crafted blend of Coconut Milk, Turmeric, Ginger, Honey and Coconut Oil, the Tangle Slayer leave in conditioning cream has a soothing scent that is perfect for a Self Care, Wash Day.
- Created by Black women, for Black women, this reach leave in conditioning cream formula is Sulfate free and Paraben free and designed for curly, coily, natural and transitioning, textured hair.
- Our Rose Water Smoothing Leave In Conditioner adds shine and body to dull hair while providing all day moisture. This sulfate and paraben free moisturizer seals in moisture while protecting hair from free radicals and stabilizing hair’s pH balance.
- Rose Water contains vitamin A, C, D, E, and B3, all of which strengthen the hair. Loaded with antioxidants that combat aging of the scalp. No sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, lanolin, artificial colors, or animal testing
- Curls N Roses is formulated for anyone looking for lightweight moisture that defines their kinks, curls, and waves. Great for low porosity hair.
- Our new line of lightweight formulas utilizes powerful natural rose water to create frizz-free volume and define curls without weighing down your natural hair. Curls, kinks and waves are left hydrated and well nourished.
- Black, Women Owned: Our team at tgin is 96% women and 100% Black-owned. Thank you for supporting our small business.
- SheaMoisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Leave-In is a sulfate free conditioner that softens hair and improves styling manageability.
- This leave-in conditioner is great to detangle, protect and control frizz. It leaves natural hair wrapped in a light coastal coconut breeze.
- All SheaMoisture hair products including this leave in hair conditioner are sustainably produced and cruelty-free.
- This SheaMoisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Leave-In, blended with Coconut Oil, Coconut Milk and Acacia Senegal, can be used as a daily conditioner.
- Generously spray this daily conditioner on clean damp hair focusing on mid-lengths to ends of the hair. Blow or air-dry.
- SheaMoisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Leave-In is formulated with no silicones, no sulfates, no parabens, no phthalates, no mineral oil or petrolatum.
- GOODBYE DRY, TANGLED & UNRULY CURLS: Benefit from adding the best leave in treatment to your haircare regimen. Mixed Chicks Leave-in conditioner will hydrate and condition your curls into perfection with its proprietary formulation and premium ingredients. Adds shine, softness and manageability.
- PROTECT FROM DAILY DAMAGE: Hair is continuously exposed to conditions and substances that dry it out and make it more susceptible to damage. Coloring, chemical treatments, styling tools, sun exposure, and low humidity are among the common factors that open up hair cuticles to make way for damage. Our Leave-in Conditioner will replenish while it protects.
- Premium Ingredients: Jojoba Oil, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, non-toxic and comedogenic, adds shine, conditions, promotes hair growth and helps maintain color. Evening Primrose Oil with LA and GLA, nourishes, strengthens and promotes a healthy scalp. Silk Amino Acids with Silk protein bond with the Keratin in hair to repair damage due to environmental factors or over-processing. This bonding process creates a protective layer that helps retain moisture, adding luster to your locks.
- ADDED CONDITIONIG: Using our Leave-in, in addition to the Mixed Chicks daily conditioner will provide additional and ongoing benefits to your hair and scalp. It also keeps the hair sealed and set the stage for healthy styling. Think of it as your frizz-hero, the detangler of your dreams, your styling prince in shining armor with the added benefits of bouncy, healthy hair.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Leave-In Conditioners for Black Hair
When it comes to choosing the best leave in conditioner for black hair, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a leave in conditioner .
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best leave in conditioner for black hair.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best leave in conditioner for black hair, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best leave in conditioner for black hair, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best leave in conditioner for black hair. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the leave in conditioner you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which leave in conditioner you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best leave in conditioner for black hair. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best leave in conditioner for your needs.
Which one of these leave in conditioner s are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.