With so many options, finding the best hair relaxer for black hair can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best hair relaxer for black hair. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Hair Relaxers for Black Hair
- Maximum straightness, fabulous color and conditioning
- Gives your hair a healthy, beautiful shine and body
- Strength for all hair types
- Product Type:Beauty
- Item Package Dimension:4.0 " L X4.0 " W X 8.0 " H
- Item Package Weight:0.13 lbs
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Duke Is One Of The Oldest Black Hair Care Brands Still In Existence, With Roots Dating Back To The 1950'S
- Quality You Can Trust from Sunny Isle
- Great Value!
- Best Beauty product
- Repairs damaged and compromised hair, strengthens and protects hair structure, restores healthy appearance and texture
- Apply a generous amount from roots to ends on unwashed towel-dried hair.
- Comb through once and leave on for a minimum of 10 minutes or more. Rinse from hair, shampoo, and condition.Healthy hair
- Use by date: This product’s use by date is determined by the Period After Opening symbol. The Period After Opening symbol is marked by a box with a numerical number (X) followed by letter M for months. The symbol denotes that the product is recommended to be used within X months of opening
- Leave-In Conditioning Treatment for all hair textures and types - For dry brittle, stressed and damaged hair, breakage, tangles, frizz, elasticity restoration, hair loss prevention and hair growth
- Nourishes and replenishes the scalps natural oils and strengthens, moisturizes, and structures the roots and the hair follicles to make your hair thicker, fuller, shinier and more manageable
- Black Jamaican Castor Oil is rich in Vitamin E and Omega 6 & 9 Fatty Acids that can improve blood circulation to the scalp which helps nutrients reach your hair and encourages hair growth
- Formulated with Shea Butter and Argan Oil two of nature's renowned hydrating agents rich in emollients and fatty acids
- This Leave-In Conditioning Treatment is Paraben, Silicone, Sulfate, and Cruelty Free - Made in the USA and Safe for the entire family
- Davis-Sivasothy, Audrey (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 258 Pages - 04/11/2011 (Publication Date) - Saja Publishing Company, LLC (Publisher)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- English (Publication Language)
- 04/13/2017 (Publication Date) - Hawker Publications Ltd (Publisher)
- HAIR GREASE: This citrus scented shine pomade moisturizes frizzy and dull hair, hydrates scalp, smoothes edges and controls hair waves; It’s sure to become a part of your daily maintenance for beautiful, healthy hair
- MOISTURIZE AND DEFINE: The lightweight formula enhances thick curly hair that adds shine and sheen; start seeing results that go a long way after using product after just a couple weeks; Great for dry and brittle hair providing softness
- NOURISH NATURALLY CURLY HAIR: From the short-cropped 4c curly hairstyle to 1c waves, we use the ingredients your curls crave, leaving little residue and a soft finish; contains no parabens, silicones, petrolatum, mineral oil, or artificial colors
- HOW TO USE: Place a small amount into the palm of your hands and rub together. Gently work into your damp or dry hair and scalp. Can be used as a moisturizer (itch relief), a heat-styling aid, or great for daily maintenance on children’s hair
- COILY, CURLY, WAVY HAIR PRODUCTS: Carol’s Daughter Collection created for natural hair with 4C, 4B, 4A, 3C, 3B, 3A, 2C, 2B, 2A curl types; Complete the routine with: Curly Hair Shampoo and Conditioner set, Leave in Conditioner, Hair Mask and Hair Oil
- BLACK WOMAN FOUNDED: Lisa Price founded Carol's Daughter in her Brooklyn kitchen in 1993 with a mother's love and encouragement; Today we carry a full line of textured hair care products for women and men to care for all waves, curls and coils
- Shea Moisture No-Lye Relaxer: The next generation in hair relaxing, this Relaxer kit helps preserve the 5 signs of healthy hair: Moisture, Shine, Strength, Softness and Body. Perfect for coarse hair.
- Straight, Sleek and Shiny Hair: Now featuring 3 new components including Healthy-Gloss 5 Moisture Conditioner, Healthy-Gloss 5 Moisture Hair Crème and our exclusive Silk Keratin Serum for softness and body.
- Relax at Home: This at-home no-lye relaxer kit is available in Normal and Super strength, depending on hair type. Easy to use, follow instruction sheet for optimal results.
- Unique Looks: We help people of color celebrate Unique Looks and styles with an array of treatments, colors and styling products for all hair types: curly, wavy, natural, relaxed, transitioning and more.
- Softsheen-Carson: For over 110 years we have provided beauty to all consumers of African descent with our innovative, tailor-made, superior products and services specially designed for their needs.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Hair Relaxers for Black Hair
When it comes to choosing the best hair relaxer for black hair, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a hair relaxer .
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best hair relaxer for black hair.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best hair relaxer for black hair, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best hair relaxer for black hair, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which hair relaxer you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best hair relaxer for black hair. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best hair relaxer for your needs.
Which one of these hair relaxer s are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.