With so many options, finding the best treatment for menopausal acne can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best treatment for menopausal acne. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Treatments for Menopausal Acne
- SETTING THE STANDARD: DIM 200 plus BioPerine is SMNutrition's signature DIM formulation. Hundreds of thousands of customers rely on DIM for daily hormone balance support.
- A REVOLUTION IN HORMONE BALANCE: DIM supplements aid in hormone balance by supporting the body’s metabolism of excess estrogen; For women, Diindolylmethane offers support for menopause, mild night sweats, mild hot flashes, weight loss and hormonal acne.*
- DIM IS A MUST HAVE FOR MEN TOO: For men, DIM may help reduce excess estrogen and aid with physical fitness, prostate health support, energy, and weight loss.* As an estrogen blocker, DIM is a powerful aromatase inhibitor.*
- EVERYTHING IN ONE SMALL CAPSULE: A single bottle of DIM contains 2 months of once-a-day servings in small vegetable capsules. Other DIM products require multiple capsules; not ours. Each capsule contains 200mg of DIM plus 2.5mg of BioPerine. Plus, every bottle contains a 2-month supply.
- UNQUESTIONED QUALITY: DIM 200 is Third-Party Tested, Non-GMO Project Verified, Vegan.org Certified, HALAL Certified, Gluten Intolerance Group Certified, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Titanium Dioxide-Free, Silicon Dioxide Free, and formulated without the top 8 allergens. Active ingredients are verified by third-party testing. It is manufactured in a facility that is certified GMP compliant with NSF standards.
- GENTLE NON-ABRASIVE LEAVE-ON EXFOLIATOR: with 2% BHA (Beta hydroxy acid) to unclog & diminish enlarged pores, exfoliate dead skin cells, smooth wrinkles & brighten & even out skin tone. Combats redness, wrinkles, aging, enlarged pores, & blackheads. PACKAGING MAY VARY.
- Dramatically improves skin's texture for radiant youthful even-toned skin. Beta hydroxy acid (BHA also known as salicylic acid) mimics the natural exfoliation process of younger skin by helping it shed extra layers while unclogging and clearing pores.
- HYDRATE, BRIGHTEN & SMOOTH FINE LINES: Our unique, non-abrasive, leave-on exfoliant is gentle enough for daily use on all skin types. Exfoliates dead skin cells while clearing pores for a more even tone, plus it visibly reduces fine lines & wrinkles.
- Paula's Choice facial exfoliants are gentler on delicate skin of the face & neck than an abrasive face scrub, which can cause micro-tears. A BHA leave-on exfoliator delivers hydration & can exfoliate directly inside the pore & improve how the pore works.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
- 2-ounces of Neutrogena Stubborn Acne AM Treatment with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide, a dermatologist proven ingredient, works all day to help eliminate stubborn breakouts and reduce redness
- With a vanishing formula, this daytime acne face treatment reduces size and redness of acne in just 4 hours with a dermatologist-recommended approach. The oil-free treatment is suitable for daily use on full face, not just breakouts
- The clinically proven formula contains 2.5% micronized benzoyl peroxide, a powerful acne medication that is a dermatologist recommended OTC acne ingredient, that penetrates deep into pores to help kill acne-causing bacteria at the source
- Formula is free of parabens, oil, phthalates, dyes & fragrances, this acne skincare treatment is part of a dermatologist-recommended regimen for clear skin. For best results, use this acne treatment with Neutrogena Stubborn Marks PM Treatment
- Our recommended skincare regimen for stubborn acne & post-acne marks, when used together, the retinol in the PM formula helps release pore-clogging dead skin, giving benzoyl peroxide a clear path to effectively target acne-causing bacteria
- THE ORIGINAL ACNE KIT THAT STARTED A SKINCARE REVOLUTION - Designed specifically for acne-prone skin, Proactiv Solution delivers finely-milled benzoyl peroxide deep into your pores to help stop acne-causing bacteria in its tracks and prevent breakouts.
- YOU NEED MORE THAN A PIMPLE CREAM - Proactiv Solution is a powerful, comprehensive acne treatment system that goes deep into your pores, removes impurities and helps prevent future flare ups.
- YOUR SKIN ROUTINE, MADE EASY - Just 3 steps a day gets you on your way to clear, radiant skin.
- SAFE FOR DIFFERENT AGES AND SKIN TYPES - Proactiv's 3-Step Kit provides the same powerful skin care for teens and adults, and is great for sensitive skin.
- A WIN FOR YOUR SKIN - Our complete treatment system can clear existing acne blemishes and prevent new breakouts from occurring. What's not to love.
- This kit includes: Proactiv Solution Renewing Cleanser, 2 FL. OZ. ; Proactiv Solution Revitalizing Toner, 2 FL. OZ. ; Proactiv Solution Repairing Treatment, 1 FL. OZ.
- BE KIND TO YOUR SKIN - Formulated with green tea, this face wash is gentle enough for sensitive skin.
- RESTORING MOISTURIZER - Our Ultra-Hydrating Moisturizer for acne-prone skin restores the skin's moisture barrier and helps reduce the appearance of redness, perfect for even a sensitive skin care routine.
- YOU NEED MORE THAN A PIMPLE CREAM - Adapalene Gel treats and prevents against blackheads, whiteheads, clogged pores, acne, pimples, and blemishes.
- YOU'RE COVERED - This 30-Day acne kit includes a face cleanser, moisturizer, and adapalene acne treatment to complete your daily routine with healthy skin
- A WIN FOR YOUR SKIN - Our complete treatment system can clear skin of existing acne blemishes and prevent new breakouts from occurring. What's not to love
- Clears breakouts where they start (Deep in pores) and prevents new acne from forming, which ultimately restores skin's texture and tone
- Differin works differently than other Acne treatments by normalizing skin cell turnover and effectively targets two primary causes of Acne, clogged pores and inflammation
- Adapalene was created for superior tolerability compared to other prescription retinoid products not containing Adapalene; It is suitable for use as part of your morning or evening regimen
- Water based formula, oil free, alcohol free, fragrance free, non comedogenic; Helps reduce the risk of scarring and Hyperpigmentation by treating Acne
- In a clinical study, Differin gel provided up to 87 percent reduction in acne breakouts after 12 weeks, which will continue to improve with further use
- A Little Goes a Long Way: Our Warrior One Cystic Acne Treatment provides over 150 uses in an easy to carry travel sized container; The invisible formula can be worn with or without makeup; Perfect for giving your skin some love when you're out and about and at home
- Harnessing the Power Of Nature: Our Salicylic Acid Spot Treatment is packed with the goodness of Tea Tree, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Aloe Vera, Tamanu, Grapefruit Seed, Menthol, Clove, Lemon, Orange, and Lemongrass; Our freshly scented clear spot treatment works on zit marks, dark spots, whiteheads, blackheads, and acne scars
- Safe for Sensitive Skin: Achieve clear and moisturized skin without dryness and irritation; Apply 1 to 3 times daily over the affected areas after cleansing; Absorbs quickly with no oily finish; For best results, use with Ayadara Breakout Warrior, Warrior Two Overnight Spot Treatment, and Scars No More
- Experience Ayadara's Third Eye Chakra Collection: The Chakra of wisdom and vision is located on the forehead between the eyebrows; Keep your Third Eye balanced for clarity; Emanate radiance and bring back the true vision of what’s beautiful: You
- Better for You, Better for Mother Earth: No toxins, harsh chemicals, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, palm oil, or controversial synthetics; We are dedicated advocates of natural ingredients because we care not only for our customers, but everything else on the planet: animals, plants, and nature itself
- EFFECTIVE CARE - Gently draws out pus and impurities straight from the source. Made with medical-grade, highly absorbent hydrocolloid. Non-drying and hypoallergenic. Comes in 2 sizes (10mm and 12mm)
- INVISIBLE COVERAGE - Clear, matte finish and extra thin outer edge seamlessly blends in with all skin tones.
- STAYS ON SKIN ALL DAY, NIGHT - Tapered edges keep patches adhered to skin, while effectively covering spots.
- PROTECTS SKIN - Provides a protective barrier against irritants.
- VEGAN AND CRUELTY-FREE - No animal-derived ingredients. No animal testing.
- The only acne kit with Effaclar Duo, recommended by dermatologists, to reduce up to 60% of acne in just 10 days with visible results starting day 1. Reduces upto 60 percent of acne in 10 days
- Formulated with dermatological acne treatment ingredients to reduce blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples.
- Oil free formula that targets the major causes of acne as observed by dermatologists. 3-time winner of Allure’s Best of Beauty Award for Best Acne Treatment.
- Formulated with Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide (BPO)
- Contains: Acne wash/acne cleanser, acne facial toner, acne spot treatment cream
- NATURAL HAIR GROWTH: 4 capsules per day of this clinically effective hair supplement promotes visibly thicker hair growth and more scalp coverage using 23 medical-grade, natural ingredients.
- SUPPORTS HORMONE HEALTH: Improves hair growth by targeting root causes of thinning hair for women in peri- and postmenopause–like hormone shifts and metabolism. With natural ingredients that support better sleep, energy, mood, and healthy aging.
- CLINICALLY PROVEN TO IMPROVE HAIR GROWTH: 100% of women showed improved hair growth after 9 months, 93% saw less dryness and brittleness, and 93% felt their hair looked healthier after 6 months. Results may vary.
- THE #1 DERMATOLOGIST-RECOMMENDED HAIR GROWTH SUPPLEMENT BRAND*: Grow with the brand trusted by leading dermatologists to improve hair growth naturally. *According to IQVIA Provoice survey for 12 months ending March 31, 2022.
- AWARD-WINNING FORMULA: Winner of the Best Anti-Aging Hair Supplement of 2021 Award from Harper’s Bazaar.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Treatments for Menopausal Acne
When it comes to choosing the best treatment for menopausal acne, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a treatment.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best treatment for menopausal acne.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best treatment for menopausal acne, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best treatment for menopausal acne, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best treatment for menopausal acne. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the treatment you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which treatment you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best treatment for menopausal acne. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best treatment for your needs.
Which one of these treatments are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.