With so many options, finding the best treatment for dry scalp can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best treatment for dry scalp. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Treatments for Dry Scalp
- Help remove buildup with a burst of freshness with this tea tree & mint dry scalp treatment Blended with peppermint, tea tree oil & witch hazel, it invigorates the senses while removing residue
- MINTY REFRESH AND RESET: This 4 ounce bottle of OGX Extra Strength Refreshing plus Teatree Mint Dry Scalp Treatment helps remove residue from hair and scalp without stripping strands
- TINGLING SCALP SENSATION: Ideal for all hair texture and moisture types, the nourishing dry scalp treatment features a lightweight blend that removes buildup while leaving the scalp feeling balanced and healthy, and hair looking shiny and hydrated
- HAIR CARE INSPIRED BY NATURE: The unique formula of this non-medicated scalp solution is infused with tea tree oil to invigorate the scalp, peppermint extract to awaken the senses, and the natural astringent witch hazel, which helps remove buildup. Health Concern: Hair, Skin, Nails
- ENGAGE THE SENSES: Experience a burst of freshness and a sweet peppermint, iced vanilla and tea tree scent for hair that smells fresh and invigorated Plus this sulfate-free surfactant hair care system is paraben-free and gentle on your locks
- Relieves scalp irritation, dryness and itchiness. Gently exfoliates to help reduce flakiness.
- DERMATOLIGIST TESTED TO RELIEVE YOUR SCALP this formula repairs and moisturizes damaged, dry hair while soothing your scalp.
- DESIGNED FOR DRY, ITCHY SCALPS to calm and clarify prior to shampooing. This treatment relives itchiness and balances even the most delicate scalp
- FORMULATED WITH TEA TREE OIL to help nourish and cleanse, Sage Oil to help balance, Witch Hazel to soothe and Apple Cider Vinegar to help clarify and remove build up from the scalp.
- HOW TO USE: Use 1-3 times per week as a pre-shampoo treatment. Comb through hair, applying directly to roots. Leave treatment on for 5-10 minutes to maximize soothing benefits. Rinse out in the shower before proceeding.
- OVER 95% NATURAL INGREDIENTS of consciously created skincare made just for you. Formulated without Parabens, SLS and Silicones! Cruelty-Free & Leaping bunny certified which means no testing on animals leaving you confident in your trusted beauty brand.
- Head and Shoulders Royal Oils Instant Soothe Scalp Elixir helps balance and restore scalp health* (*with regular use)
- Fresh, cooling leave-in formula invigorates scalp and soothes to provide instant scalp relief, no rinsing required!
- Great for protective styles, twists and locs
- 24-hour scalp protection* (*when used as directed)
- Free of alcohol
- , sulfates, parabens and dyes (
- contains no ethanol)
- Hydrate and Cleanse in 1 simple step with Neutrogena Healthy Scalp Hydro Boost Moisturizing Conditioner
- Ideal for Dry Hair and Scalp: This conditioner helps add moisture to boost long lasting hydration
- With Hyaluronic Acid: A hydrator found naturally in the skin that attracts moisture and locks it in
- Gentle, Non Medicated Conditioner: Free from parabens, phthalates, sulfated surfactants, SLS and SLES
- Helps Maintain Scalp's Natural Barrier: This nourishing pH balanced conditioner helps maintain scalp's natural barrier with regular use
- Joico for the love of beauty
- Scalp treatment
- Not tested on animals
- Product Type:Luxury Beauty
- Item Package Dimension:2.0 cm L X3.0 " W X4.0 "h
- Item Package Weight:5.0 g
- Country Of Origin: United States
- CONTAINS: 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐝? 𝐖𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝! 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐮𝐥𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬! One (1) 200 ml bottle of Medicated Anti-Dandruff Shampoo + One (1) Ergonomically Designed Scalp Massager Brush
- SELF-CARE SOLUTIONS: At Rida Hair Research Institute we focus on consumer needs to help provide innovative solutions to everyday healthcare problems. Fight dandruff and flakiness with our medicated dandruff shampoo for dandruff treatment and psoriasis treatment.
- HIGHLY EFFECTIVE MEDICATED FORMULA: This dandruff relief shampoo is made with proprietary formula of ingredients that binds to your hair's natural protein to kill dandruff. Shampoo by Rida Hair Research Institute has shown to be 10X more effective* at fighting fungus, the primary cause of dandruff, than the active ingredient in the leading anti dandruff shampoo brand based on testing. Your scalp remains flake-free with the shampoo's thick lather & leaves hair manageable & shiny.
- BIOTIN: Based on Biotin (Vitamin B7 or also called Vitamin H), hair loss shampoo solution brings you a herbal biotin formula enhanced with zinc collagen peptides and spirulina extract for a fuller, thicker and longer hair.
- SALICYLIC ACID + ZINC : Dermatologist recommended maximum over-the-counter strength for fast-acting relief from dandruff , psoriasis shampoo and seborrheic dermatitis flare-ups. Gentle and clean on your scalp and hair.Our new Zinc & SALICYLIC ACID Shampoo not only removes dirt, it also treats the underlying dryness for dry scalp treatment, making this Dandruff Scalp Treatment also an effective hair loss and dandruff preventing system.
- You will receive one 118 fluid ounce bottle of Shampoo and one 94 fluid ounce tube of Conditioner
- Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Shampoo and Conditioner control frizz for up to 24 hours
- From the #1 dermatologist recommended brand
- Smooth & Silky Shampoo and Conditioner have the vibrant scent of fresh fruit and elegant florals
- pH BALANCED: pH balanced to be gentle enough for everyday use
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Treatments for Dry Scalp
When it comes to choosing the best treatment for dry scalp, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a treatment.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best treatment for dry scalp.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best treatment for dry scalp, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best treatment for dry scalp, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best treatment for dry scalp. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the treatment you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which treatment you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best treatment for dry scalp. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best treatment for your needs.
Which one of these treatments are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.