With so many options, finding the best tinted sunscreen for face can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best tinted sunscreen for face. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Tinted Sunscreens for Face
- [ SHEER TINTED MINERAL SUNSCREEN ] Universal tint for all skin tones that instantly leaves skin with a healthy glow and offsets the white-cast typically associated with mineral sunscreens. Lightweight, non-greasy feel.
- [ HYDRATING FACE SUNSCREEN ] Formulated with Niacinamide to help calm skin and Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skin's natural moisture.
- [ TINTED MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 30 ] Can be worn alone or under makeup as a tinted primer with SPF 30. Suitable for all skin types, including dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, and acne-prone. This skincare product doesn't come with a protective seal.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and can become damaged with sun exposure. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ SAFE AND GENTLE FORMULA ] Oxybenzone free, avobenzone free, and benzene free, this 100% mineral sunscreen contains only physical filters Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide. Formula is paraben free, fragrance free, and noncomedogenic.
- MINERAL SUNSCREEN - Non-chemical SPF 50 formula with Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide offers broad-spectrum sun protection that blocks and deflects harmful UVA & UVB rays off your face, leaving a refreshingly luxurious powdery-clean feel
- SEAMLESSLY BLENDS INTO MEDIUM TO TAN SKIN TONES - This weightless tinted sunscreen lotion blends perfectly and provides an improved complexion appearance by minimizing uneven color, fine lines & wrinkles; Perfect for everyday use even on sensitive skin
- OIL-FREE MATTE FINISH FOR A NATURAL LOOK - This Mattifying Suncreen doubles as a BB Cream or foundation; It does not clog pores and provides light coverage that acts as a base for a natural make-up look
- AUSTRALIAN BOTANICALS - Formulated with soothing ingredients like Kakadu Plum, with the highest Vitamin C content, Eucalyptus & Red Algae, which form a unique blend of antioxidant-rich botanicals that fight free radicals and nourish the skin
- ECO CONSCIOUS FORMULA - Designed to be Non-Nano and free of Oxybenzone, Alcohol, Dye, Oil, Phthalate, PABA, Petrolatum & Sulfate with no added parabens; It is Hypoallergenic, Dermatologist and Pediatrician Tested, Vegan, Gluten free and Cruelty Free
- This lightweight 100% mineral tinted face sunscreen with titanium dioxide was developed for sensitive skin and provides broad spectrum SPF 50 protection
- The fast-absorbing texture leaves a tinted matte finish on skin for a healthy glow
- It is formulated with Cell-Ox Shield technology: broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with antioxidants
- Non-greasy, fast absorbing texture with a matte finish and universal tint for all skin types. Lightly tinted sunscreen with iron oxides to provide a healthy glow
- The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends this product as an effective aid in the prevention of sun-induced damage to the skin, including sunburn and possibly premature aging
- SPF 50 broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection
- Universal tint for instant healthy glow
- Ultra light texture
- Fragrance free, paraben free and water resistant (40 minutes)
- Recommended for sensitive skin
- 1.1-fluid ounces of Neutrogena Purescreen+ Mineral UV Tint Face Liquid with Vitamin E and broad spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen in shade Medium blends into skin and helps protect from sun-induced UV damage
- This lightweight sunscreen for face is formulated to easily layer under makeup and helps protect against sun-induced aging including wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines and discoloration
- The flexible shade is uniquely designed with neutral undertones for ease of blending and to complement your natural skin tone for flexible coverage. Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth with no white cast
- From a dermatologist recommended brand, this daily tinted sunscreen is formulated with 100% mineral actives plus the antioxidant vitamin E to nourish and condition the skin. Free of parabens, oxybenzone, and fragrances
- For use, shake well and then apply the water-resistant sunscreen generously 15 minutes before sun exposure to look great while you protect your skin from the sun
- Apply this tinted face sunscreen daily to help soothe sensitive skin types prone to acne, rosacea and hyperpigmentation
- This product is non-sealed
- Broad-spectrum SPF 46 coverage ensures this tinted sensitive skin sunscreen helps protect you from the sun and is a great daily face sunscreen for your everyday skincare needs
- Easily pack this 1.7 oz travel size sunscreen on the go when you need a lightweight, tinted, oil free sunscreen to help protect you from damaging UVA and UVB rays
- EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 Tinted Face Sunscreen is a Dermatologist recommended fragrance free sunscreen that is paraben-free, sensitivity-free, and noncomedogenic
- This clear Zinc Oxide sunscreen lotion contains 9.0% Zinc Oxide and key ingredients to promote healthy skin while blocking harmful UVA and UVB rays from the sun
- MULTI-PURPOSE FORMULA HYDRATES, FIRMS, PROTECTS: This unique formula contains lightly tinted moisturizer with sunscreen and nourishing antioxidants to protect your skin from environmental and sun damage. Evens out skin tone; silky matte finish.
- Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 Tinted Matte Moisturizer with Antioxidants & Resveratrol is formulated to repair & renew sun damaged skin while preventing further damage, minus the white cast associated with most sunscreens.
- Formulated for normal to oily and combination skin this moisturizer with 30 SPF protection visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles, evens out skin tone and with daily use you'll see firmer skin. Works equally beautifully as a base for makeup or worn bare.
- Paula's Choice products are made with YOUR SKIN in mind. Whatever your skincare concern, whether dryness, acne, fine lines, or sensitive skin; we've got a treatment line for you. The search for amazing skin care ends here. Finally, you found it.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
- Apply this tinted face sunscreen for sensitive skin daily to help soothe sensitive, dry, and post-procedure skin
- This product is non-sealed
- Key hydrating sunscreen ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid provide instant hydration to your dry skin and help keep your skin soft by retaining moisture for a smoother feel
- This tinted sunscreen with Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide is formulated for strong protection against UVA and UVB rays
- EltaMD UV Elements SPF 44 Tinted Moisturizer for Face with SPF is a Dermatologist recommended daily moisturizing sunscreen face lotion
- The water resistant sunscreen formula contains key ingredients like Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide ensure EltaMD moisturizing face sunscreen provides safe sun protection
- EltaMD UV Physical SPF 41 Tinted Mineral Sunscreen is a chemical-free actives physical sunscreen that helps calm and protect sensitive skin and post-procedure skin
- This product is non-sealed
- This Titanium Dioxide sunscreen lotion contains 9.0% Zinc Oxide and 7.0% Titanium Dioxide which promotes healthy-looking skin by protecting against harmful UVA and UVB rays for broad-spectrum sun protection
- The oil free sunscreen has just a touch of color and leaves your skin with a matte finish
- This EltaMD physical sunscreen is a water resistant sunscreen that protects you in the water for up to 40 minutes so it won’t sting when you sweat or rinse off in the water
- Help reduce the visible signs of aging on your skin by using this non-greasy face sunscreen daily
- MINERAL SPF 30 TINTED SUNCREEN FACE LOTION. Some of us like to go au naturel. Our tinted, zinc-based Mineral sunscreen face lotion glides on like butter and acts as a primer, leaving a matte finish with Broad Spectrum SPF 30 protection.
- CHEMICAL FREE SUNSCREEN. Our zinc-based Mineral collection was created for your lounging and earth loving pleasure. Lightweight and silky, this Sun Bum collection is sure to leave your skin feeling clean, natural and protected.
- HOW TO USE. Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating and every 2 hours. Sonny’s Tip: A white tint is normal, as this rad screen sits on top of your skin as opposed to absorbing into your skin.
- PROTECT YOUR SKIN. The key to safe sun is to protect and moisturize your skin. Our Mineral Sunscreen line is enriched with Zinc Oxide, and is Hypoallergenic, Gluten and Cruelty and Free to ensure a fun, clean day in the sun.
- TRUST THE BUM. What does that mean. It means trust us, the ones who live on the beach and need products that work on the most intense days in the sun. The simple truth is, when you make products to protect the ones you love, you make ‘em better.
- LIGHTWEIGHT MYCHELLE SUNSCREEN, FULL SUN PROTECTION: A mineral sunscreen that blends in with your skin tone; Also suitable for use as a primer under your regular foundation
- OIL-FREE FACE SUNSCREEN FORMULA: Bentonite clay helps absorb excess oil and smooth out skin; The oil-free MyCHELLE sunscreen formula is ideal for all skin types; Great for sensitive skin
- CLEAN INGREDIENTS: Does not contain retinyl palmitate or chemical UV absorbers including octinoxate, octisalate, oxybenzone, or PABA; Made without parabens, petroleum, phthalates, silicones, sulfates, ureas, artificial fragrances, and artificial colors
- USE DAILY: Shake well before use; Apply to clean, dry skin and allow sunscreen to absorb completely before applying makeup; Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure, reapply about every 2 hours; Use water resistant sunscreen if swimming or sweating
- MYCHELLE PROTECT: Our suncare collection is designed to protect your skin against premature aging symptoms through a broad-spectrum formula; This reef safe zinc sunscreen keeps you sun-safe year round
- Item Form: Cream
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Tinted Sunscreens for Face
When it comes to choosing the best tinted sunscreen for face, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a tinted sunscreen.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best tinted sunscreen for face.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best tinted sunscreen for face, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best tinted sunscreen for face, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best tinted sunscreen for face. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the tinted sunscreen you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which tinted sunscreen you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best tinted sunscreen for face. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best tinted sunscreen for your needs.
Which one of these tinted sunscreens are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.