With so many options, finding the best sunscreen for oily skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best sunscreen for oily skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Sunscreens for Oily Skin
- Face sunscreen for oily skin with broad spectrum SPF 60 protection; Sunscreen absorbs pore clogging oil, even in heat and humidity; Formulated with cell Ox shield antioxidant technology; Suitable for sensitive skin
- This oil free sunscreen provides advanced protection while absorbing pore-clogging oil, even in heat and humidity. Our best sunscreen for acne prone skin is formulated with Cell-Ox Shield technology: broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with antioxidants.
- Non-comedogenic sunscreen for oily skin provides broad spectrum SPF 60 protection. Oil-free sunscreen for acne prone skin helps absorb excess oil, reduce shine and won't cause breakouts
- Formulated and rigorously tested for skin tolerance, even on sensitive skin
- OXYBENZONE FREE, fragrance free, allergy tested, oil free, paraben free
- CETAPHIL DERMACONTROL OIL ABSORBING MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 30: Hydrates skin while leaving a matte finish
- 4-IN-1 FORMULA FOR SENSITIVE, OILY SKIN: Helps absorb oil, reduce shine, hydrate and provide sun protection
- RECOMMENDED BY SKIN CANCER FOUNDATION: Broad spectrum SPF 30 protects against UVA and UVB rays
- LIGHTWEIGHT & OIL FREE WITH NO ADDED FRAGRANCE: Absorbs quickly for long lasting hydration without clogging pores
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All CETAPHIL products are effective yet non-irritating
- EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 face sunscreen for oily skin contains 9.0% Zinc Oxide, Niacinamide and an antioxidant to promote healthy skin while blocking harmful UVA and UVB rays from the sun
- Apply this face sunscreen for sensitive skin daily to help soothe sensitive skin types prone to acne, rosacea and hyperpigmentation
- EltaMD UV Clear oil free sunscreen protects against breakouts and is an essential acne sunscreen for those with acne prone skin care concerns
- Broad-spectrum SPF 46 coverage ensures this sensitive skin sunscreen helps protect you from the sun and is a daily face sunscreen for your everyday skin care needs
- This Zinc Oxide sunscreen is a non greasy sunscreen sensitive skin lotion recommended by Dermatologists that is fragrance-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free, and noncomedogenic
- 5 AOX Shield Formula: Formulated with 5 antioxidants (Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Licochalcone A, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Oxynex ST) and oil absorbing minerals for oily, acne-prone skin(1)
- Matte Finish: This facial lotion with SPF 50 is lightweight and provides an immediate, long-lasting matte finish
- Dermatologist Developed: Eucerin SPF 50 Oil Control Face Sunscreen Lotion is developed with dermatologists and is non-comedogenic, so it will not clog pores
- Suitable for Sensitive Skin: This facial sunscreen spf 50 is hypoallergenic, suitable for sensitive skin and for daily use under makeup
- Includes one (1) 2.5 fluid ounce bottle of Eucerin Sun Oil Control SPF 50 Face Sunscreen Lotion
- 3-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 for acne prone skin. Stabilized with Helioplex technology and featuring an oxybenzone-free formula, it provides superior UVA/UVB protection
- Facial sunscreen lotion from No:1 dermatologist-recommended sun care brand has a water-light texture that leaves a weightless, matte finish and allows skin to breathe while keeping any unwanted skin problems at bay
- Dermatologist-tested formula is lightweight, oil-free and non-comedogenic, so it won't cause breakouts or clog pores. Ideal for individuals with acne prone skin
- Liquid sunscreen lotion formula is fragrance-free and is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes. It helps keep your skin protected from the sun during outdoor activities like hiking, biking, boating gardening or simply going for a walk
- Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 is formulated to prevent sunburns without aggravating or causing breakouts
- Micropearl technology absorbs surface oil for a matte finish
- Oleosome technology uses a low concentration of sunscreen filters for minimal irritation while providing significant hydration
- Broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 protection in an oil-free and lightweight, formula that won't clog pores
- Dermatologist-developed for people with oily skin to be non-greasy, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, fragrance free
- Provides the broad spectrum SPF protection as recommended by dermatologists for use with Differin Gel (0.1% Adapalene)
- MULTI-PURPOSE FORMULA HYDRATES, FIRMS, PROTECTS: This unique formula contains lightly tinted moisturizer with sunscreen and nourishing antioxidants to protect your skin from environmental and sun damage. Evens out skin tone; silky matte finish.
- Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 Tinted Matte Moisturizer with Antioxidants & Resveratrol is formulated to repair & renew sun damaged skin while preventing further damage, minus the white cast associated with most sunscreens.
- Formulated for normal to oily and combination skin this moisturizer with 30 SPF protection visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles, evens out skin tone and with daily use you'll see firmer skin. Works equally beautifully as a base for makeup or worn bare.
- Paula's Choice products are made with YOUR SKIN in mind. Whatever your skincare concern, whether dryness, acne, fine lines, or sensitive skin; we've got a treatment line for you. The search for amazing skin care ends here. Finally, you found it.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
- SEBUM-FREE, NON-STICKY SUNSCREEN. This is a sun milk that softly blocks the ultraviolet rays without worrying about white cast for a long time
- MILD AND SAFE. Contains 100% mineral ingredients for gentle use on sensitive skin
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS TO MAKE YOUR SKIN HEALTHIER (LESS SUSCEPTIBLE TO SUNLIGHT): Sunprise Mild Airy Finish contains 20 plant ingredients: Carex Humillis Root Extract & Sunflower seeds for UV protection effect, Acerola (Barbados Cherry) + Acai Berry for strengthening skin vitality + Portulaca Oleracea & Centella Asiatica & Mistletoe leaves for soothing skin + Aloe Vera & Hyaluronic Acid for hydration
- INORGANIC UV PROTECTION COMPONENTS: Reflect UV rays on the outer surface of the skin to block UV rays from the skin
- ORGANIC SUN PROTECTION INGREDIENTS: Transparent and small particles that are widely applied to the skin without any white cast and absorb. Please check the expiration date in format MM-YYYY on the Product Label
- We thank our customers for their trust The delivery 10-15 days
- 3-fluid ounce bottles of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Non-Greasy Sunscreen with SPF 70 that helps defend against the signs of sun and decrease the risk of skin cancer when used as directed
- This lightweight sunscreen is fast-absorbing with Dry-Touch technology for a non-greasy, matte finish and is formulated with Helioplex for superior sun protection for your skin
- From the dermatologist-recommended suncare brand, this sunscreen is also available in both spray and stick form and can be used at the pool or in the ocean for up to 80 minutes of water-resistance
- Sunscreen lotion formula uses Avobenzone for optimal broad-spectrum protection from skin-aging UVA rays and skin-burning UVB rays for both your body and face
- Both PABA-free and non-comedogenic, this lightweight sunscreen is suitable for all skin types and provides powerful face and body sun protection without the heavy finish
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Sunscreens for Oily Skin
When it comes to choosing the best sunscreen for oily skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a sunscreen.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best sunscreen for oily skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best sunscreen for oily skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best sunscreen for oily skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best sunscreen for oily skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the sunscreen you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which sunscreen you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best sunscreen for oily skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best sunscreen for your needs.
Which one of these sunscreens are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.