With so many options, finding the best sunscreen for black people can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best sunscreen for black people. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Sunscreens for Black People
- Stay Fabulous While Protecting Your Face From Harmful Uva/Uvb Rays With Make It Matte. Black Girl Sunscreen’S Lightweight, Gel Formula That Protects Against Sun Damage Leaving No White Residue And A Matte Finish.
- Make It Matte Is A Broad-Spectrum Spf 45 Specifically Crafted For Women Of Color With A Formula Infused With Natural Ingredients Such As Aloe, Squalene, And Shea Butter That Help Moisturize, Soothe And Heal Your Skin.
- Broad Spectrum Spf 45 Helps Prevent Sun Damage Such As Premature Aging, Fine Lines, Hyperpigmentation And Dark Spots
- Infused With Natural Ingredients Such As Shea Butter And Coconut Oil. Great For Wearing Under Make-Up.
- Free From - Parabens, Fragrance, Oxybenzone And Octinoxate
- Age Range Description : Kid
- STAY BEAUTIFUL: Enjoy the rays without the worry of sunburn with our protector solar Sunscreen lotion. For skin of color no matter what treatment or procedure you use your pigmentation problems without using sunscreen will NEVER get better. Control your hyperpigmentation and prevent dark spots from getting worst
- OCTISALATE Absorbs UVB rays.It also helps make the product more water-resistant, OCTINOXAT Prevents sunburn, decreases the risk of skin cancer and doesn't leave a white cast. OXYBENZONE Protects from UVA & UVB damage, This prevents UV from reaching the skin cells,
- EXPERTLY FORMULATED - This sunscreen natural formula has been thoughtfully created to offer amazing skin-health benefits for richer complexions! Including passion flower, coconut, hyaluronic acid, pomegranate, and vitamins A, C, and E to deliver a revitalized look and provide sun protection.
- GORGEOUS SKIN - Give your skin the love it deserves with EXTRASHADE sunscreen for face and body. Nourish dry and sensitive skin with 8 botanical extracts to enrich your outer radiance. Experience an immediate well-hydrated glow, no one will even know you have it on!
- NO CHALKY RESIDUE - Our sunscreen protector for face and body doesn't leave the nasty greasy white residue you're used to! By using a completely non-toxic, oil-free, and highly absorbent formula, we ensured that this unscented sunscreen blends well and goes on clear.
- Offers superior broad-spectrum uva/uvb protection and absorbs quickly without greasy or heavy residue
- Perfect for all skin tones
- Leaves skin soft and fresh with uv rays protection
- Absorbs quickly without any greasy or heavy residue
- Formulated for extreme conditions, Sun Guard forms a barrier of protection and stays on during intense physical activity in and out of the water; won't run or drip into eyes
- Octinoxate, Octisalate and Zinc Oxide serve as UVA and UVB absorbers and screen harmful rays
- Vitamin C works as effective antioxidant and free radical scavenging agent
- 80% of sun damage comes from incidental sun exposure, like driving your car or walking your dog; use Sun Guard any time you are exposed to the sun, as well as for outdoor workouts and sporting events
- Biossance Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen. A super sheer, super safe 100% non-nano, SPF 30 zinc mineral sunscreen in travel size that provides invisible, broad-spectrum coverage and high UVA protection.
- Protects and Hydrates Sensitive Skin. This lightweight, deeply hydrating clear sunscreen lotion is blendable on all skin tones without leaving a trace. It calms and cools sun-stressed skin and leaves a soft, dewy finish.
- EWG Verified and Safe, Effective Ingredients. Zinc oxide protects the skin’s outer barrier to reflect damaging UVA/UVB rays. Squalane provides deep and fast-absorbing moisture while water lily cools and calms skin.
- Part of Your Sun-Safe Skincare Routine. For maximum protection, apply the sunscreen 15 minutes before sun exposure. Wear it alone or apply after moisturizer. It also serves as a great base layer under makeup.
- Committed to Clean Beauty. Biossance is committed to the highest standards of safety for your skin and the environment. The sunscreen is sustainably packaged with a secure cap that does not use foil. All products are vegan and free from parabens.
- 3-fluid ounce bottles of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Non-Greasy Sunscreen with SPF 70 that helps defend against the signs of sun and decrease the risk of skin cancer when used as directed
- This lightweight sunscreen is fast-absorbing with Dry-Touch technology for a non-greasy, matte finish and is formulated with Helioplex for superior sun protection for your skin
- From the dermatologist-recommended suncare brand, this sunscreen is also available in both spray and stick form and can be used at the pool or in the ocean for up to 80 minutes of water-resistance
- Sunscreen lotion formula uses Avobenzone for optimal broad-spectrum protection from skin-aging UVA rays and skin-burning UVB rays for both your body and face
- Both PABA-free and non-comedogenic, this lightweight sunscreen is suitable for all skin types and provides powerful face and body sun protection without the heavy finish
- Reef safe Sunscreen, made without oxybenzone and octinoxate
- Broad spectrum UVA UVB
- Dermatologist tested
- Oil free and non greasy
- Skin Nourishing Antioxidants Including Vitamins C and E
- Tropical Fragrance
- 6.7-ounce bottle of Neutrogena Beach Defense Water Resistant Sunscreen Lotion with SPF 70 that helps prevent sunburn and decrease the risk of skin cancer caused by the sun when used as directed
- Stabilized with Helioplex sunscreen technology that provides superior broad spectrum protection against skin-aging UVA rays and skin-burning UVB rays
- Fast-absorbing SPF 70 sunscreen lotion is designed for your active family's outdoors activities and features a lightweight, oil-free, and PABA-free formula
- Beach-strength sunscreen lotion formula with SPF 70 can stand up to any outdoor activity and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes
- Superior sun protection from the dermatologist recommended suncare brand in a lightweight sunscreen lotion formula that absorbs quickly and is easy to apply
- 100% naturally sourced sunscreen ingredients
- Fragrance Free for sensitive skin
- Sweat and water resistant, dermatologist recommended
- Lightweight, Fast Absorbing
- No1 Dermatologist Recommended Suncare
- 3.0-fluid ounces of Neutrogena Invisible Daily Defense Sunscreen Lotion with SPF 60+ to help protect skin against the sun and environmental aggressors while boosting skin's natural moisture barrier and leaving it looking radiant and renewed
- With Helioplex Technology, this hydrating face and body sunscreen helps prevent sunburn and provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection to help fight against signs of skin aging caused by UVA rays, such as wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines and sagging
- Formulated with antioxidants, the quick-drying SPF 60+ lotion also helps fight environmental aggressors such as cold, ozone and pollution that can damage skin and lead to premature skin aging
- Free from oxybenzone, parabens and mineral oil, this gentle lotion provides long-lasting hydration while protecting skin from both the sun and environment. Plus, the sunscreen rubs in invisible on all skin tones with no white marks
- From the #1 dermatologist recommended sun care brand, this non-comedogenic sunscreen lotion is water- and sweat-resistant for up to 80 minutes, making it great to use during outdoor activities like walking, biking, hiking, gardening and more +
- ORIGINAL SPF 50 SUNSCREEN LOTION . This is the stuff we use every day. It’s the formula that started it all. People say it smells like summer. We like that. Whether we’re spending a lazy day at the beach or just hangin’ out, our Original formula is definitely our fav.
- MOISTURIZING SUN PROTECTION. Dermatologist and Sonny approved, this non-comedogenic sunscreen delivers UVA/UVB protection and is packed with Vitamin E. Our oil-free, water-resistant and reef friendly SPF 50 Lotion is great for all skin types.
- HOW TO USE. 15 minutes before sun exposure, apply liberally to all areas of the skin and avoid the eye area. For best results, reapply after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating. Sonny’s Tip: Apply every 2 hours for maximum sun protection.
- PROTECT YOUR SKIN. The key to practicing safe sun is to protect and moisturize your skin. Our Original Sunscreen line is Hypoallergenic and Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Gluten, Cruelty and Paraben Free to ensure a fun day in the sun.
- TRUST THE BUM. What does that mean? It means trust us, the ones who live on the beach and need products that work on the most intense days in the sun. The simple truth is, when you make products to protect the ones you love, you make ‘em better.
- 3-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Non-Greasy Sunscreen with SPF 55 that helps defend against the signs of sun and decrease the risk of skin cancer when used as directed
- This lightweight & sheer sunscreen is fast-absorbing with Dry-Touch technology for a non-greasy, matte finish and is formulated with Helioplex for superior sun protection for your skin
- Packaging and formulation may vary. New formula features an oxybenzone-free formula, this sunscreen lotion helps prevent sunburn and when used as directed, may help decrease the risk of skin cancer
- Both PABA-free and non-comedogenic, this lightweight sunscreen provides powerful face and body sun protection without the heavy finish, making it great to use for daily sun protection to keep skin protected during outdoor activities
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Sunscreens for Black People
When it comes to choosing the best sunscreen for black people, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a sunscreen.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best sunscreen for black people.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best sunscreen for black people, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best sunscreen for black people, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best sunscreen for black people. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the sunscreen you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which sunscreen you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best sunscreen for black people. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best sunscreen for your needs.
Which one of these sunscreens are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.