With so many options, finding the best sunscreen for acne prone skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best sunscreen for acne prone skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Sunscreens for Acne-Prone Skin
- Face sunscreen for oily skin with broad spectrum SPF 60 protection; Sunscreen absorbs pore clogging oil, even in heat and humidity; Formulated with cell Ox shield antioxidant technology; Suitable for sensitive skin
- This oil free sunscreen provides advanced protection while absorbing pore-clogging oil, even in heat and humidity. Our best sunscreen for acne prone skin is formulated with Cell-Ox Shield technology: broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with antioxidants.
- Non-comedogenic sunscreen for oily skin provides broad spectrum SPF 60 protection. Oil-free sunscreen for acne prone skin helps absorb excess oil, reduce shine and won't cause breakouts
- Formulated and rigorously tested for skin tolerance, even on sensitive skin
- OXYBENZONE FREE, fragrance free, allergy tested, oil free, paraben free
- EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 face sunscreen for oily skin contains 9.0% Zinc Oxide, Niacinamide and an antioxidant to promote healthy skin while blocking harmful UVA and UVB rays from the sun
- This product is non-sealed
- Apply this face sunscreen for sensitive skin daily to help soothe sensitive skin types prone to acne, rosacea and hyperpigmentation
- EltaMD UV Clear oil free sunscreen protects against breakouts and is an essential acne sunscreen for those with acne prone skin care concerns
- Broad-spectrum SPF 46 coverage ensures this sensitive skin sunscreen helps protect you from the sun and is a daily face sunscreen for your everyday skin care needs
- This Zinc Oxide sunscreen is a non greasy sunscreen sensitive skin lotion recommended by Dermatologists that is fragrance-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free, and noncomedogenic
- SUN PROTECTION: Provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 protection as recommended by dermatologists for use with Differin Gel (0.1% Adapalene)
- LIGHTWEIGHT & MATTIFYING: Formulated with Micropearl technology to absorb surface oil for a matte finish
- DERMATOLOGIST-DEVELOPED: Oil-free, non-greasy, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic and fragrance-free formula that won't clog pores
- NOURISH & MOISTURIZE SKIN: Oleosome technology uses a low concentration of sunscreen filters for minimal irritation while providing significant hydration
- HOW TO USE: Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure and reapply at least every 2 hours
- FOR BREAKOUT-PRONE SKIN: Dermatologically formulated to be non-irritating for sensitive skin. 100% non-comedogenic (won't block pores), so it's completely safe for acne-prone skin!
- BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 50: Exemplary protection from UVA and UVB rays. A chemical-mineral hybrid that can both deflect and absorb harmful rays, keeping them from entering skin.
- BRIGHTENS & FIGHTS DARK SPOTS: Sun and dark spots don’t mix! Potent brightening agents like Vitamin C protect the appearance of dark spots from worsening, while shielding new ones from forming.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, DEWY FINISH: A lightweight formula with a serum finish sinks easily into skin and blends sheer-to-clear. This means no white cast or greasiness and makes it a perfect makeup primer.
- FIGHTS SKIN DEGRADATION: Barrier-boosting ceramides deter skin degradation, promote plump suppleness and encourage youthful, bouncy skin.
- ☀️ Meet Your Dream Sunscreen: Serving SPF 30 with a smooth, skin-like finish that won't clog pores.
- 🌟 Protects and Primes: Superlight zinc oxide physically blocks UVA/UVB rays to protect your skin on the daily. Absorbs quick with a weightless gel-cream formula that’s hydrating – but not greasy.
- 🙌 Fits Any Skin Routine: Makes sun protection a breeze with a makeup-gripping formula that won’t clog pores. Broad spectrum, reef safe, clinically tested, and non-irritating – even on sensitive skin.
- 🌿 Clean and Conscious: The everyday, clinically-tested SPF 30 is reef safe, fragrance-free, silicone-free and non-irritating.
- ✍️ How to Use: Smooth on skin in the AM as the last step of your skincare routine. Reapply every 2 hours (or after swimming or sweating).
- 3-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 for acne prone skin. Stabilized with Helioplex technology and featuring an oxybenzone-free formula, it provides superior UVA/UVB protection
- Facial sunscreen lotion from No:1 dermatologist-recommended sun care brand has a water-light texture that leaves a weightless, matte finish and allows skin to breathe while keeping any unwanted skin problems at bay
- Dermatologist-tested formula is lightweight, oil-free and non-comedogenic, so it won't cause breakouts or clog pores. Ideal for individuals with acne prone skin
- Liquid sunscreen lotion formula is fragrance-free and is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes. It helps keep your skin protected from the sun during outdoor activities like hiking, biking, boating gardening or simply going for a walk
- Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 is formulated to prevent sunburns without aggravating or causing breakouts
- Apply this tinted face sunscreen daily to help soothe sensitive skin types prone to acne, rosacea and hyperpigmentation
- This product is non-sealed
- Broad-spectrum SPF 46 coverage ensures this tinted sensitive skin sunscreen helps protect you from the sun and is a great daily face sunscreen for your everyday skincare needs
- Easily pack this 1.7 oz travel size sunscreen on the go when you need a lightweight, tinted, oil free sunscreen to help protect you from damaging UVA and UVB rays
- EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 Tinted Face Sunscreen is a Dermatologist recommended fragrance free sunscreen that is paraben-free, sensitivity-free, and noncomedogenic
- This clear Zinc Oxide sunscreen lotion contains 9.0% Zinc Oxide and key ingredients to promote healthy skin while blocking harmful UVA and UVB rays from the sun
- IDEAL FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: oily, combination, dry, normal, and sensitive skin. This formula is fragrance free, non-greasy, oil-free, paraben-free, and leaves no white residue. Provides advanced protection for every skin tone.
- MULTI-USE ANTI-AGING FORMULA. Hyaluronic Acid and Niacinimade visibly improve the skin's overall appearance, while Zinc Oxide sun block offers broad spectrum protection against UVA and UVB radiation.
- HYALURONIC ACID AND NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3) plumps the skin to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, reduces pore size, corrects uneven skin tone, and hydrates the skin.
- DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED FORMULA that will not clog pores, or cause breakouts. Provides antioxidant protection that combats skin-aging free radicals associated with ultraviolet (UV) and infrared radiation.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Join thousands of satisfied customers who have discovered the exceptional value and quality of DRMTLGY’s skin care products. We invite you to visit our Amazon storefront and discover the beauty that awaits you. DRMTLGY’s products work and they work extremely well. We stand behind our products 100%, with a guarantee of significantly transforming and improving your skin. Order now, 60 Day Money Back Guarantee.
- 🌤️ AWARD-WINNING SUNSCREEN GEL: Clear as Day SPF 46 is a powerful sunscreen gel that protects, hydrates, and smooths acne-prone skin.
- ✨ INVISIBLE PROTECTION: Made to protect skin without clogging pores or leaving a white cast. With a lightweight, silky texture, Clear as Day is an easy addition to your routine.
- 💦 WATER RESISTANT 80 MINS: Keeps skin protected while you're swimming and sweating. Plus, it's recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as a safe and effective UV protectant.
- 🚀 EASY TO USE: Smooth Clear as Day SPF 46 evenly over your face as the last step in your skincare routine (after Hydro-stars or moisturizer, and before makeup). Reapply at least every two hours, or after 80 minutes of swimming and sweating.
- ⭐ STARFACE SKINCARE: Complete your routine with Space Wash cleanser, Hydro-Star pimple patches, and Moisture on Mars face cream.
- 5-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Clear Body Breakout-Free Liquid Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 30 for acne prone skin. The oxybenzone-free sunscreen is developed with Helioplex technology to provide superior defense against harmful UVA/UVB rays
- Sunscreen lotion from the #1 dermatologist recommended suncare brand has a water-light texture that leaves a weightless, matte finish and allows skin to breathe while keeping any unwanted skin problems at bay
- Dermatologist tested sunscreen formula is oil-free and non-comedogenic, so it won't cause breakouts or clog pores. Ideal for individuals with acne prone skin
- Liquid sunscreen lotion formula is fragrance-free and is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes. It helps keep your skin protected from the sun during outdoor activities
- Clear Body Liquid Lotion Sunscreen with SPF 30 is formulated to help prevent sunburns without aggravating or causing breakouts and, when used as directed, may help prevent skin cancer caused by the sun. Stay safe in the sun with superior protection
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Sunscreens for Acne-Prone Skin
When it comes to choosing the best sunscreen for acne prone skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a sunscreen.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best sunscreen for acne prone skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best sunscreen for acne prone skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best sunscreen for acne prone skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best sunscreen for acne prone skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the sunscreen you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which sunscreen you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best sunscreen for acne prone skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best sunscreen for your needs.
Which one of these sunscreens are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.