With so many options, finding the best spot treatment for acne can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best spot treatment for acne. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Spot Treatments for Acne
- 1-ounce tube of Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne Spot Treatment Gel with maximum-strength 10% benzoyl peroxide acne medication to help fight acne and prevent future breakouts for clearer looking skin
- This effective acne-fighting spot gel is clinically proven to rapidly reduce the size and redness of stubborn acne in just 2 hours and actively fights breakouts, for continuous improvement in skin's appearance throughout the day
- Its maximum strength formula contains 10% benzoyl peroxide, the acne medication dermatologists recommend most for clearer skin without a prescription
- From a dermatologist recommended brand, this maximum-strength daily stubborn acne treatment is specially formulated for acne-prone skin to help manage acne and clear breakouts
- Cleanse skin thoroughly before applying acne pimple spot treatment gel then proceed to cover affected area with a thin layer of acne gel 1 to 3 times daily
- EMERGENCY RELIEF: This invisible benzoyl peroxide spot treatment contains a powerful dose of microcrystal benzoyl peroxide to target acne-causing bacteria inside pores to clear up acne blemishes.
- YOU NEED MORE THAN A PIMPLE CREAM: Proactiv's benzoyl peroxide acne treatment is designed to unclog pores and is specially formulated to help absorb excess oil and clear emergency blemishes fast.
- PERFECT FOR ON THE GO: Unexpected blemishes can happen any time, so this pocket-sized spot treatment can go wherever you do.
- SAFE FOR ALL AGES: Proactiv's acne skin care treatment provides the same powerful skin care for teens and adults.
- MADE FOR YOUR SKIN: Proactiv Solution delivers benzoyl peroxide microcrystals deep into your pores to help stop acne-causing bacteria in its tracks and prevent new breakouts from forming.
- [ACNE TREATMENT FOR FACE WITH BHA/AHA EXFOLIANT] Formulated with Salicylic acid, a beta-hydroxy acid (BHA), to help clear acne & prevent new breakouts and alpha hydroxy acids (AHA), a blend of Lactic and Glycolic Acids, to help smooth and soften skin
- [PORE MINIMIZER] Helps to minimize the appearance of pores & reduce blackheads. Also formulated with Niacinamide to help soothe skin and Hyaluronic Acid to help maintain skins natural moisture
- [ ALCOHOL FREE & HYDRATING GEL ] fragrance free, paraben free, oil free, and non-comedogenic skin care. Formulated without drying alcohols like denatured alcohol, commonly found in acne spot treatments, which can cause excessive dryness.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products, formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II)to help maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ DEVELOPED WITH DERMATOLOGISTS ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
- RAPID BLEMISH CONTROL: Murad's Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment fights blemishes, breakouts, and pimples at the source with 2% Salicylic Acid. This is the highest concentration of acne fighting solution in the Murad Acne Control Collection that led 97% of study participants to agree that blemish appearance improved after just 1 day in a Murad sponsored study.
- FORMULATED TO DELIVER RELIEF: This solution is formulated to reduce blemish size and redness within 4 hours of application. The Salicylic Acid works to exfoliate and clear pores, while smoothing the skin, returning it’s natural glow. Inspired by natural Pine and Thyme Extracts, the patented complex fights irritants while preserving the skin's healthy balance.
- WORKS SEAMLESSLY WITH YOUR MAKEUP: This clear gel formula layers under your concealer of choice without peeling or flaking for flawless treatment even on the toughest acne flares. It won't pile or peel under your makeup, so you can conceal your acne spots and go on with your day, confidently.
- WHAT ELSE DO I NEED?: Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment works as a treatment solution in any Murad Acne regimen as part of Dr. Murad's inclusive health system of care. Pair with Murad's Clarifying Cleanser, Acne Clearing Solution, and Oil-Control Mattifier for optimal results.
- IT'S NOT SKINCARE, IT'S MURAD: Murad is founded on the simple truth that living younger is a choice you can make every day. 25 years ago Dr. Howard Murad founded the first modern doctor brand of clinical skincare products, with a goal of making beautiful, healthy skin attainable for everyone. He has changed how the world sees skincare through his pioneering research and a Connected Beauty philosophy.
- [CLARIFYING, BI-PHASE NIGHTTIME SOLUTION] for all skin types
- [DRIES SURFACE BLEMISHES] by drawing out impurities from targeted spots
- [VISIBLY REDUCES] The Look Of surface blemishes the next day
- [FORMULATED] With SALICYLIC ACID, SULFUR and zinc oxide, absorb excess oil and unclogs pores
- [FREE FROM] sulfates, phthalates, parabens and gluten, as well as vegan, cruelty-free and made in the USA
- GENTLE NON-ABRASIVE LEAVE-ON EXFOLIATOR: with 2% BHA (Beta hydroxy acid) to unclog & diminish enlarged pores, exfoliate dead skin cells, smooth wrinkles & brighten & even out skin tone. Combats redness, wrinkles, aging, enlarged pores, & blackheads. PACKAGING MAY VARY.
- Dramatically improves skin's texture for radiant youthful even-toned skin. Beta hydroxy acid (BHA also known as salicylic acid) mimics the natural exfoliation process of younger skin by helping it shed extra layers while unclogging and clearing pores.
- HYDRATE, BRIGHTEN & SMOOTH FINE LINES: Our unique, non-abrasive, leave-on exfoliant is gentle enough for daily use on all skin types. Exfoliates dead skin cells while clearing pores for a more even tone, plus it visibly reduces fine lines & wrinkles.
- Paula's Choice facial exfoliants are gentler on delicate skin of the face & neck than an abrasive face scrub, which can cause micro-tears. A BHA leave-on exfoliator delivers hydration & can exfoliate directly inside the pore & improve how the pore works.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
- TACKLES CYSTIC ACNE--This cystic acne spot treatment effectively tackles cystic, hormonal, and severe acne. It's also a hormonal acne treatment cream, acne cream and pimple cream.
- IMPROVED BOTTLE--Solution to the disadvantage of the traditional bottle, which caused the cream to dry out and harden. The new bottle design allows the cream to be used for an extended period of time without drying out.
- NATURAL AND GENTLE FORMULA--containing salicylic acid, tea tree oil, aloe vera, and a variety of other natural active ingredients, gently works on acne and offers antibacterial as well as oil-control effects.
- PRECAUTION OF ACNE REGROWTH-- preventing the new acne while treating the existing one(s).
- HOW TO USE--After cleansing and toning, apply an appropriate amount of this Cystic Acne Treatment Cream thickly to the acne and leave it on overnight to wash off. Do not apply it over a large area and avoid the area around your eyes. Use 1-2 times a day ( with at least 4 hours between applications), 2-3 times for severe acne for 4 weeks at least. Continue to apply the cream even after the acne is no longer visible until there is no sign of regrowth.
- POWERFUL ACNE SPOT TREATMENT with maximum strength salicylic acid & Bliss’ CLARITY 5 Complex
- VISIBLY SHRINKS BLEMISHES OVERNIGHT, plus reduces acne redness, size and swelling in 1 use
- CLINICALLY PROVEN to reduce acne severity by 50% in 7 days
- NO IRRITATION, flaking, or over-drying
- 100% FREE FROM fragrance, alcohol, parabens, phthalates, SLS and more, plus cruelty-free, PETA-certified and vegan
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Joy, Vicki (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 45 Pages - 07/14/2016 (Publication Date)
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Spot Treatments for Acne
When it comes to choosing the best spot treatment for acne, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a spot treatment.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best spot treatment for acne.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best spot treatment for acne, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best spot treatment for acne, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best spot treatment for acne. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the spot treatment you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which spot treatment you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best spot treatment for acne. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best spot treatment for your needs.
Which one of these spot treatments are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.