With so many options, finding the best soap for folliculitis can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best soap for folliculitis. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Soaps for Folliculitis
- HELPS REDUCE INFLAMMATION and swelling related to folliculitis skin symptoms and hair follicles rash
- NATURAL, ORGANIC INGREDIENTS featuring Calendula mean that you don't need to worry about harsh chemicals irritating your skin
- GENTLE SOOTHING CLEANSING FORMULA is safe to be used daily for even the most sensitive skin for babies, children and adults of all ages
- Terrasil Folliculitis Soap is good for cleaning skin areas with boils, cellulitis, folliculitis, impetigo, ingrown hairs, lichen sclerosus, razor burn, saddles sores, angular cheilitis, scalp folliculitis, inflammation of hair follicles and more.
- NATURAL, ORGANIC INGREDIENTS mean that you don’t have to worry about harsh chemicals irritating your skin or slowing down healing. All-natural, deep moisturizing formula that is homeopathic, paraben-free, alcohol-free, dye-free, fragrance-free, non-irritating, soothing, and safe for sensitive skin
- 3X FASTER than leading brands, putting you on the road to recovery sooner.
- Calendula has been used for centuries to treat inflammation as well as the natural healing of skin irritations.
- Dermatologist formulated
- Made with ultra fine sulfur and glycerin, making it the mildest and most effective sulfur soap available
- Ideal because the sulfur actually kills acne and has a mild exfoliating effect on the top layer of the skin which helps to keep the pores open, also flushing them free of sticky skin cells within the follicle
- Free of harmful sensitizers, chemicals, and preservatives and contains no oils or lanolin which, when applied to your face, will make your acne or skin issue worse
- Meets all FDA standards for safety and efficacy, is made in the U.S.A. and is safe for all ages
- FREE YOUR SKIN WITH MANDELIC (ALMOND) ACID: We created Almond Clear because when you free your skin, you free yourself, so you can live your fullest life without being preoccupied by the appearance of your skin.
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH FORMULA: Combats stubborn body acne and folliculitis. Level 2 is designed to penetrate the thick skin of the body and shrink away blemishes. For use on the face or for sensitive or dry skin, choose Level 1.
- REVOLUTIONARY FORMULA: Almond Clear is the only body skincare product powered by mandelic acid, a natural product of bitter almonds. Mandelic acid dissolves excess dead skin cells and oil, fights bacteria and fungus, fades acne scars, and brightens skin.
- UNIQUELY TARGETED FOR THE BODY: Level 2 is formulated to treat the thick, hard to penetrate skin of the body. Acne and folliculitis products meant for thinner face skin often don’t work on the body, but this formula gets real results.
- PERFECT FOR DARKER SKIN TONES & SENSITIVE SKIN: Fights body bumps and breakouts without causing hyperpigmentation, irritation or excessive drying.
- GENTLE NON-ABRASIVE LEAVE-ON EXFOLIATOR: with 2% BHA (Beta hydroxy acid) to unclog & diminish enlarged pores, exfoliate dead skin cells, smooth wrinkles & brighten & even out skin tone. Combats redness, wrinkles, aging, enlarged pores, & blackheads. PACKAGING MAY VARY.
- Dramatically improves skin's texture for radiant youthful even-toned skin. Beta hydroxy acid (BHA also known as salicylic acid) mimics the natural exfoliation process of younger skin by helping it shed extra layers while unclogging and clearing pores.
- HYDRATE, BRIGHTEN & SMOOTH FINE LINES: Our unique, non-abrasive, leave-on exfoliant is gentle enough for daily use on all skin types. Exfoliates dead skin cells while clearing pores for a more even tone, plus it visibly reduces fine lines & wrinkles.
- Paula's Choice facial exfoliants are gentler on delicate skin of the face & neck than an abrasive face scrub, which can cause micro-tears. A BHA leave-on exfoliator delivers hydration & can exfoliate directly inside the pore & improve how the pore works.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
- We favor ingredients derived from nature. We don’t use artificial fragrances or colors. Nothing is tested on animals. Free from sulfates, MPG, parabens, edetate disodium (ETDA), and PEG.
- Safe for daily cleansing of Seborrheic Dermatitis, Dandruff, Acne, Fungal Conditions, Psoriasis, Diaper Rash, Cradle Cap
- 2% Pyrithione Zinc (ZNP) - for use by both Adults and Children
- For stubborn SD, follow with an application of DermaHarmony Seborrheic Dermatitis Cream (ASIN: B07VNT2ZLL)
- Made in the USA. We support the use of sustainable growing and harvesting practices. We source from suppliers that value human & labor rights and believe in livable wages.
- Acne, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Clogged Pores, Pimples, Zits, Blackheads,
- Rosacea, Tinea Versicolor, Fungus, Bacteria, Dermatitis, Vulgaris,
- Oily Skin, Whiteheads, Blemishes,
- Formulated and Developed by Dermatologists
- CLINICALLY STUDIED AND PROVEN: Efficacy proven in two clinical studies conducted by leading dermatologists. CLn BodyWash is proven to reduce the appearance of skin redness, drying, and flakiness seen with eczema to promote healthy skin. Safe for children 6 months and older; results can be seen in as little as 2 weeks. Effective alternative to steroids and antibiotics.
- STRONG YET GENTLE: This innovative cleanser is preserved with sodium hypochlorite and can be used daily from head to toe for an extended period of time. Free of steroids, antibiotics, parabens, triclosan, and fragrances; hypoallergenic, non-drying, non-irritating, and not tested on animals. Awarded the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance.
- HOW TO USE: Wet the affected area and, using hands to lather, massage into skin for 1-2 minutes before rinsing thoroughly. Moisturizers can be applied after as needed. This wash is gentle enough to be used daily, or as directed by your physician.
- CLn Skin Care is the manufacturer of CLn products - buy direct from seller CLn Skin Care.
- Trusted by Healthcare: Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser has been a trusted product among many hospitals and care centers for over 40 years as a skin cleanser in pre-operative patient bathing, and for help in reducing the risk of surgical site infections
- Protect against germs, even between washes: The average person comes in contact with 300 surfaces every 30 minutes. Hibiclens is antibacterial, antiseptic and antimicrobial; Its active ingredient chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG) begins killing a variety of germs, bacteria and fungi on contact and continues working even after rinsing
- Recommended by professionals: Hibiclens is the Number 1 recommended antibacterial soap by pharmacists and dermatologists
- World-leading provider: Mölnlycke Health Care is a world-leading provider of advanced surgical and wound care products for customers, healthcare professionals, and patients
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Soaps for Folliculitis
When it comes to choosing the best soap for folliculitis, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a soap.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best soap for folliculitis.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best soap for folliculitis, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best soap for folliculitis, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best soap for folliculitis. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the soap you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which soap you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best soap for folliculitis. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best soap for your needs.
Which one of these soaps are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.