With so many options, finding the best shampoo for scalp acne can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best shampoo for scalp acne. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Shampoos for Scalp Acne
- Oily Hair Shampoo for Greasy Hair - Give your hair the care it needs with our clarifying shampoo for build up made with pure tea tree oil for hair that cleanses the scalp for more beautiful locks
- Dandruff Tip - One of the best ways to combat itchy scalp and flaking is to ditch that artificial dandruff shampoo with damaging sulfates and choose one with more hydrating natural ingredients
- Cleansing Shampoo for Dry Scalp - Try our scalp care shampoo for that works by acting as a tea tree moisturizing shampoo for dry hair and scalp hydrating thirsty scalps for better-looking hair
- Featuring Natural Oils - We hope you love our paraben and sulfate free shampoo safe for color treated hair and all hair types because we use potent natural essential oils for hair and scalp care
- Maple Holistics Quality - We believe in using real ingredients for real results that is why we created our sulfate free purifying shampoo for men and women featuring cleansing natural essential oils
- Scalp acne fighting formula
- Gentle on skin aggressive on acne
- Premium quality product
- Safe for entire family
- Made in the USA
- Super-effective shampoo. Excellent for scalp folliculitis, irritated and inflamed scalp, flaking and acne-prone scalp
- FLAKE-FREE HAIR. The formula was developed by the laboratory in Germany. The Formula was designed specifically with solid and natural based ingredients.
- Loaded with proteins, amino acids, and vitamins
- Deep penetrating with added Panthenol for fullness
- No DEA, TEA, Paraben-free, Made in the USA
- CLEANSING SHAMPOO FOR SCALP ACNE: Destressed over prone to acne itchy scalp? Pamper your scalp like you take care of your face! Pimples on the scalp are caused by dead skin cells or oil clogged follicles. Our Rx2 scalp cleanser helps reduce excess oil production and dead skin cells to prevent breakouts.
- HEALTHY SCALP LEADS TO HEALTHY HAIR: The best solution for scalp problems such as breakages, dandruff, thinning, itching, flakiness, irritation, or hair loss! Anti-residue shampoo hydrates and nourishes the scalp and helps to produce healthy hairs!
- HYPOALLERGENIC SCALP CARE: Dermatologically tested and proven to be hypoallergenic. This non-irritating shampoo helps get rid of residue, grease, and impurities in your hair. Treat your scalp skin problems with our gentle scalp cleansing care shampoo. This clarifying shampoo cleanses your hair buildup and residue.
- MADE WITH EWG GREEN GRADED INGREDIENTS: Capryloyl Salicylic Acid (Nature-derived hypoallergenic ingredient for cleansing scalp), Niacinamide (Reducing excess sebum and acne), 10 different fermented plant extract (Sebum control, relaxing), Teflose (Anti-acne agent, soothing)
- TIPS: Dry scalp - Use once a week | Normal scalp - Use 2~3 times a week | Oily and acne scalp - Use more than 3 times a week. This clarifying shampoo cleanses your hair buildup and residue.
- ✔️ AVOID ACNE CAUSED BY OTHER PRODUCTS: Sulfates, parabens, and pore-clogging oils are common ingredients in many other hair and body care products. These harmful ingredients seep into your skin, attract bacteria, block pores, and cause “pomade” acne on your forehead, shoulders, back, and chest. TEENOLOGY is different! Our breakthrough formula helps you “Be in the Clear” by promoting healthy hair and skin -- all without nasty ingredients, like sulfates or parabens!
- ✔️ HEALTHY HAIR: There’s no ifs, ands, or buts about it – our delectable sweet mint shampoo will have you reaching for the bottle everyday! Aloe vera, natural peppermint extract and vitamin B5 in our oil-free shampoo encourages hair growth, soothes scalp irritation for dandruff relief, and easily breaks down oils for hydrated, clean hair.
- ✔️ CLEAR SKIN: Refreshing blend of peppermint, comfrey, and hibiscus extracts cleanse acne-prone skin by unblocking pores, clearing away dead skin cells, and brightening your skin tone for a revitalized look. Additionally, the antioxidant zinc pyrithione in our shampoo is recommended by dermatologists to help avoid back, face and scalp acne breakouts.
- ✔️ STIMULATE YOUR SENSES: Natural sweet mint extract doesn’t just stimulate your scalp and benefit your skin. It’s deliciously invigorating aroma also wakes up your senses, may clear congestion, may relieve muscle tension, and helps you move through your day with improved energy and concentration!
- ✔️ OUR PROMISE: We are committed to providing you with premium products that are silicone-free, gluten-free, cruelty-free (Leaping Bunny certified), soy-free, phthalate-free, color safe, and for all hair types. Our products are great for teens, tweens, and adults who want clean hair and clear skin! Don’t settle for one-dimensional products. Use TEENOLOGY for a three-dimensional approach to personal care: clear skin, clean hair, and clear mind. Be in the Clear.
- This effective dandruff shampoo contains 3% salicylic acid, a clinically proven active ingredient and treats symptoms caused by scalp psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis & dandruff
- This therapeutic shampoo continues to work for hours even after shampoo is rinsed off with a conditioning formula free of added color, preservatives & fragrance
- Dermatologist-recommended dandruff shampoo provides maximum relief for dry, itchy, flaky scalps
- After just one use, this effective salicylic acid shampoo starts clearing crusty scalp build-up while relieving itching and flaking associated with severe scalp conditions
- Treat scalp build-up with Neutrogena T/Sal Therapeutic Shampoo Scalp Build-Up Control.
- Natural tea tree oil, peppermint and lavender invigorate the scalp and leave hair smelling great
- Special shampoo
- Invigorating cleanser
- For all hair types
- CLINICALLY PROVEN: Dandruff stays off your head & shoulders with this dandruff treatment shampoo that helps relieve itchy & flaky scalps. When using your regular shampoo and conditioner use twice a week between washes. Works on all hair types & gray hair.
- KETOCONAZOLE: This dandruff relief shampoo is made with ketoconazole 1%, an effective ingredient that binds to your hair's natural protein to kill dandruff. Your scalp remains flake-free with the shampoo's thick lather & leaves hair manageable & shiny.
- ITCHY SCALP: Dandruff is caused when scalp-cells regenerate at an accelerated rate faster than scalps can handle. With hormones, diet, stress & genes, dandruff can be fought with the clinically proven anti-dandruff shampoo Nizoral, with ketoconazole 1%.
- DANDRUFF TREATMENT: Clinically proven Nizoral helps maintain a healthy scalp with the anti-dandruff shampoo that kills dandruff & controls itchiness & flaking. A soft shampoo with ketoconazole, use it twice a week between shampoos for a flake-free scalp.
- SELF-CARE SOLUTIONS: At Kramer Laboratories we focus on consumer needs to help provide innovative solutions to everyday healthcare problems. Fight dandruff and flakiness with Nizoral anti dandruff shampoo
- Hair type: All hair types,Thick
- Sooth and Moisturize hair from root to tip with Neutrogena Healthy Scalp Soothe and Calm Shampoo and Conditioner
- Ideal for Dry, Uncomfortable Scalp and Hair: Our soothing shampoo and conditioner help calm dry scalp and cleanse strands
- Formulated with Tea Tree Oil: A natural conditioning agent that helps refresh and revive the scalp
- Gentle, Non Medicated Shampoo and Conditioner: Free from parabens, phthalates, sulfated surfactants, SLS and SLES
- Helps Maintain Scalp's Natural Barrier: This nourishing pH balanced shampoo and conditioner help maintain scalp's natural barrier with regular use
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Shampoos for Scalp Acne
When it comes to choosing the best shampoo for scalp acne, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a shampoo.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best shampoo for scalp acne.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best shampoo for scalp acne, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best shampoo for scalp acne, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best shampoo for scalp acne. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the shampoo you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which shampoo you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best shampoo for scalp acne. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best shampoo for your needs.
Which one of these shampoos are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.