With so many options, finding the best shampoo for red-colored hair can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best shampoo for red-colored hair. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Shampoos for Red-Colored Hair
- CLEANSING SHAMPOO - Gently cleanses while preserving and enhancing the vibrancy of red hair
- HAIR COLOR PROTECTANT - Helps boost softness and shine, this Red Boosting Shampoo with Anti-fade technology protects color and contains pomegranate extract and vitamin E
- FOR ALL SHADES OF RED - Safe for all shades of natural and colour-treated red hair
- SAFE FOR EVERYDAY USE - Use every time you shampoo, whether it’s once a week or once a day
- COMBINE WITH RADIANT RED PRODUCT LINE - For best results, use with John Frieda Radiant Red Red Boosting Conditioner
- DUO SET Shampoo and Conditioner 12.6 Ounce, 1 Each
- Designed for normal color treated hair
- Nourishes and revives shine - Restores color-fade
- Formulated with antioxidants and UV filters plus arginine-k complex for healthier hair
- New packaging - L'Oreal Hair Expert replaces L'Oreal Advanced Haircare
- Gently cleanses color-treated hair Improves elasticity & shine
- Country of Origin United States
- Package Dimensions20.32 H x 5.08 L x5.08 W inches
- IN THE BOX: You will receive a a combo of Zotos Quantum Riveting Reds Color Replenishing Shampoo (33.8 Oz) And Conditioner (10.2 OZ). Zotos' shampoo and conditioner set for color treated hair is specifically formulated to enhance and maintain the natural and treated color of hair.
- VIBRANT AND COLORFUL HAIR: The shampoo for color treated hair maintains the natural/treated hair color by enhancing the shades and providing depth to the strands. Its color depositing formula boosts red highlights, refreshes natural red tones and increases the shimmer and shine.
- ALL IN ONE: The Hair Shampoo for red color treated hair cleanses the scalp deeply and the hair conditioner for color treated hair with moisture lock formula nourishes the strands from within. Non-dry shampoo that makes the hair dye and colors to last longer.
- PERFECT FOR RED: Zotos' Color Safe Shampoo and Conditioner for color treated hair is perfect for all types of red hair color. From auburn hair to ginger hair to crimson red hair to mahogany hair to copper hair to burgundy hair to strawberry blonde hair to raspberry red hair to fire-engine-red hair. You name it, we got it!
- ONLY THE BEST: Zotos' shampoos are 100% sulfate-free, paraben-free, silicones-free. We believe in delivering quality over quantity. Rest assured! This Color Treated Shampoo and Conditioner set is the perfect everyday hair care product for you to get fresher and healthier looking hair in no time.
- Gluten-Free. Sulfate-Free. PPD-Free.
- Not tested on animals
- 100% vegan
- Professional shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair
- Colour shampoo nourishes; smooths and softens coloured hair
- Colour conditioner moisturises; smooths and conditions coloured hair
- Both hair products are colour safe and enhance colour vibrancy
- Bed Head by TIGI Colour Goddess Shampoo and Conditioner Set contains a 25.36 fl oz shampoo and 25.36 fl oz conditioner
- UNIQUE FORMULA: Unlike other color depositing shampoos, Color Mask Red Shampoo deposits pigment while cleansing color-treated hair as gently as possible, increasing shine and effectively removing static.
- RED PIGMENT: Color Mask Red Shampoo deposits red pigment in colored copper, red and brown hair. The lighter your hair is, the more intense the red color will be. Also ideal as a toner for maintaining your red hair dye color! The pigment is semi-permanent.
- VEGAN: Color Masks are 100% vegan and sulfate free, for a non-drying effect. Our packaging is made with sustainable materials.
- CRUELTY-FREE: Four Reasons product line is cruelty-free, and never tested on animals.
- REFRESH HAIR COLOR: Wash hair with Color Mask Red Shampoo and pair with Color Mask Red Treatment, or your favorite conditioner.
- Enrich dark bases with Dark Envy. Neutralizes red undertones in virgin and all-over black to dark brown hair color. This is a green color-depositing toning shampoo that enriches dark bases and neutralizes red
- Benefits: This shampoo enriches and neutralizes red undertones in dark bases while leaving hair with a cool, glossy finish. Along with toning abilities, Dark Envy cleanses from scalp to ends
- Additional Benefits: Stylist favorite trusted by hairdressers to neutralize unwanted red undertones in all dark brunettes in just 1 application, when using the Dark Envy Shampoo and mask. Use as needed
- Dark Envy Collection: Using the Dark Envy Shampoo and Mask- Results may vary depending on the porosity of hair. Always wear gloves & avoid the scalp as it can potentially cause staining. Rinse thoroughly
- Suggested Use: Wearing suitable gloves, apply to wet hair, lather and rinse well. Leave on 3-5 minutes before rinsing. Follow with Dark Envy Conditioner. Use shampoo every other day for neutralization
- UNIQUE FORMULA: Unlike other color depositing conditioners, Color Mask Red Copper Hair Treatment gives your hair strength and nourishment with the help of plant-based proteins and amino acids. The end result is healthy hair with a vibrant blaze of color.
- VIBRANT RED COPPER PIGMENT: Color Mask Red Copper Toning Treatment deposits vibrant red copper / orange pigment in copper, red and brown colored hair. Also ideal as a toner for maintaining copper hair dye color and keeping it from fading! The pigment is semi-permanent.
- VEGAN: Color Masks are 100% vegan and sulfate free, for a non-drying effect. The plant-based proteins and amino acids strengthen your hair and give it a gorgeous shine. Your hair color stays glowingly vibrant and your hair healthy.
- CRUELTY-FREE: The entire Four Reasons product line is cruelty-free, and never tested on animals. Our packaging is made with sustainable materials.
- REFRESH HAIR COLOR: Use instead of a regular conditioner whenever your hair color needs to be refreshed. Note that your hair’s porosity, condition and current shade affect the result’s evenness.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Shampoos for Red-Colored Hair
When it comes to choosing the best shampoo for red-colored hair, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a shampoo.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best shampoo for red-colored hair.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best shampoo for red-colored hair, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best shampoo for red-colored hair, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best shampoo for red-colored hair. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the shampoo you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which shampoo you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best shampoo for red-colored hair. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best shampoo for your needs.
Which one of these shampoos are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.