With so many options, finding the best shampoo for oily hair can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best shampoo for oily hair. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Shampoos for Oily Hair
- SHINE & VOLUME: Oat is the first ingredient in this scalp-soothing, farm-fresh inspired shampoo infused with apple cider vinegar to clarify the scalp and add high shine and volume to dull hair.
- CLARIFYING BLEND: Infused with apple cider vinegar, this shampoo cleanses and reinforces shine from root to tip. It's free of sulfates, dyes & parabens & safe for all hair types & color treated hair.
- FARM FRESH INSPIRED: We make hair care products that promote healthy hair & scalp, from shampoo & conditioner to hair masks, leave-in milks, mists & oils.
- SOOTHING PROPERTIES: We've been a trusted household brand since 1945. We're best known for our skin & hair care products, where oat's soothing properties are put to work on body, face and scalp
- BEAUTIFUL HAIR FROM ROOT TO TIP: Our hair care products are blended in perfect balance with wholesome ingredients to help soothe your scalp and nourish your strands for beautiful hair from root to tip
- Oily Hair Shampoo - Degrease is one the most popular purifying shampoo oily hair formulas that can tackle some of the most common hair concerns making it a top greasy hair shampoo for oily scalp care
- Dandruff Tip - One of the best ways to combat flaking and itchy scalp is to ditch your artificial dandruff shampoo with damaging sulfates and choose one with gentler more hydrating natural ingredients
- Sulfate Free Clarifying Shampoo for Build Up - Say goodbye to tricky buildup in your hair and scalp with our Degrease formula featuring natural hair care products like rosemary oil for hair care
- Oily Scalp Shampoo - Better hair begins at the scalp and our oily and dry scalp shampoo for men and women features some of the finest natural hair products like cleansing cypress basil and lemon oils
- Maple Holistics Quality - We believe in using real ingredients for real results that is why we created our sulfate and paraben free shampoo for men and women with cleansing pure essential oils
- CLARIFY AND EXFOLIATE scalp & hair with Neutrogena Healthy Scalp Clarify & Shine Grapefruit Shampoo
- Color Safe Shampoo: Low pH shampoo for color-treated hair helps prolong color vibrancy. Gently cleanses to prevent unnecessary stripping of color. Suitable for color-treated or natural hair. Paraben free
- Benefits: Inspired by nature's orchid, Color Last helps maintain the color, depth, tone and shine for vivid color-treated hair. Gives hair salon-vibrant color for up to 9 weeks when using the system
- Additional Benefits: A professional inspired hair treatment to help protect hair balance moisture and even out the hairs surface for saturated shiny vibrant color that stays radiant for weeks
- Suggested Use: Apply to wet hair and lather with a massaging motion. We recommend that you pair Color Last Shampoo with Color Last Conditioner to help maintain your color-treated hair.
- Color Last Collection: Color Last system of Shampoo and Conditioner, nourishes and protects to help maintain the shine of color-treated hair. Color last Shampoo with low pH prolongs color vibrancy.
- VOLUME SHAMPOO: This award-winning formula helps invigorate and deeply cleanse thin, fine and oily hair types. It contains Ginger Extract, Vitamin E and Coconut Oil to leave hair feeling full and balanced.
- SALON-QUALITY: Our modern formulas are dermatologically tested, PH-balanced, and free from SLS, parabens and phthalates. We instead use natural ingredients such as shea butter, coconut oil, rice protein and vitamin E to nourish and restore.
- AWARD-WINNING: Our range of Shampoo and Conditioner has 11 major beauty awards and counting, including a Cosmopolitan 2021 Holy Grail Beauty Award, Glamour 2021 Beauty Award, Cosmopolitan 2021 Beauty Award, and an InStyle 2022 Best Beauty Buy Award.
- CERTIFIED CRUELTY-FREE: All of MONDAY’s products are approved as cruelty-free under the Leaping Bunny programme by Cruelty Free International. We’re also proud to be recognised by PETA as a brand that does not test on animals.
- 100% RECYCLABLE BOTTLES: Not only do our little pink bottles look great in your shower, they’re made from 100% recyclable plastic to help minimise carbon footprint and reduce landfill. A win for your hair and for the environment.
- It shampoo is special ingredients and tea tree oil hair of impurities and leave hair full of vitality and luster
- All hair types
- It is recommended for daily use
- For Oily hair
- Lemon Fresh Scent
- Not tested on Animals
- Item Package Dimension: 6.604cm L x 6.604cm W x 22.352cm H
- Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Shampoo: This paraben and silicone free formula with Aloe Extract and Vitamin E cleans your hair with the goodness your hair wants for beautiful, healthier hair at every wash
- Garnier Fructis Shampoo and Conditioner formulas are paraben free, vegan, and gentle enough for everyday use to clean and fortify hair
- Nourish and Style with Garnier Fructis: From Mega Full to Anti Frizz hair products Garnier has shampoos, leave in conditioners, hair masks, texturizing sprays and more to help you care for your hair your way
- Over 100 Years of Pioneering in Hair Care: Since 1904 Garnier has blended naturally inspired and derived ingredients into breakthrough formulas; Nourish your hair with hair color and care from Garnier
- Inspired By Nature: Garnier carries an array of products for your hair and skin care needs, from shampoos, color care and styling products to formulas that cleanse, moisturize and repair skin
- Soothing Shampoo: Deep cleansing shampoo that relieves oily scalp and hair from irritation and awakens the scalp providing a refreshing sensation that keeps hair looking and feeling healthier
- Benefits: Formulated with mint leaf for a cooling and refreshing sensation, excess oil and buildup is absorbed from the scalp and hair leaving scalp balanced and hair clean and strong. For all hair types
- Additional Benefits: Professional salon product with deep cleaning properties leaving a refreshing sensation that revives and relieves the scalp of irritation while strengthening hair. For men and women
- Suggested Use: Apply to wet hair and massage into hair forming a rich lather. Rinse and repeat if desired. For best results and enhanced cooling properties, follow with Scalp Sync Conditioner
- Scalp Sync Collection: Formulated for all hair types including straight curly, wavy and fine, this haircare system works to revive dry, irritated, flaky scalp and help relieve and prevent dandruff
- Clarify and Exfoliate scalp and hair with Neutrogena Healthy Scalp Clarify and Shine Grapefruit Conditioner
- Ideal for oily hair and scalp: This clarifying conditioner helps bust through residue and build up
- With Refreshing Pink Grapefruit: This blend acts as a natural exfoliant and adds shine to hair
- Gentle, Non Medicated Conditioner: Free from parabens, phthalates, sulfated surfactants, SLS and SLES
- Helps Maintain Scalp's Natural Barrier: This nourishing pH balanced conditioner helps maintain scalp's natural barrier with regular use
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Shampoos for Oily Hair
When it comes to choosing the best shampoo for oily hair, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a shampoo.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best shampoo for oily hair.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best shampoo for oily hair, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best shampoo for oily hair, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best shampoo for oily hair. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the shampoo you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which shampoo you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best shampoo for oily hair. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best shampoo for your needs.
Which one of these shampoos are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.