With so many options, finding the best shampoo for Indian hair can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best shampoo for Indian hair. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Shampoos for Indian Hair
- Hair Growth Shampoo : This is an AYURVEDASHREE hair growth shampoo for thinning hair with thickening natural oils to increase volume and texture while strengthening hair fibers and stimulating hair follicles.
- CLARIFYING CLEANSER : Detox your hair & scalp - cleaning the buildups caused by dirt, dust, filth, dead scalp cells and styling product. Red Onion Oil ensures removal of toxin in damaged hair. Helps rejuvenate & refresh for men and women.
- Boost Hair Strength : Our AYURVEDASHREE shampoo for men and women not only boosts hair density but contains antioxidant rich hair moisturizers that protect hairs and prevent breakage.
- No SLS, Paraben or Other Harmful Chemicals : Super Enriched with 14 Botanicals. This special purifying and repairing formula has been designed using nature's cleansing plants to clean and protect your hair and scalp, leaving you with a zingy astringent sensation to invigorate your senses.
- HEALING HERBS AND NATURAL OILS : With natural ingredients such as Caffeine, Curry leaf, Onion oil, Indian Alkanet Root, Glycerine, Aloe Vera Extract, Amla Extract, Bhringraj Extract, Hibiscus Extract, Methi Extract, Ginger Extract, Brahmi Extract, Basil Essential Oil, Neem Oil & Red Onion Hair Shampoo refresh, nourish, and stimulate follicles, so your hair feels thicker and fuller.
- Our gentle, color-safe hair Shampoo infused with Tamanu oils and fortifying bamboo extract cleanses hair from root to tip!
- Restore your crowning glory with a full spectrum of moisture-rich all-stars in our Indian Hemp shampoo.
- When your locks lack luster, you need to try a little tenderness - like fair Trade Shea butter and the Tamanu and coconut oils in this Nubian Heritage Shampoo.
- While everyday dirt and grime are gently washed away by our shampoo, coconut oil and shea butter make sure the natural emollients on your scalp are protected and Tamanu Oil soothes stressed tresses.
- The fresh, earthy aroma of our Indian Hemp shampoo that elevates your everyday routine to a mindful experience of self-care.
- ♻ REDUCES HAIR FALL : Onion Oil stimulates the scalp, promoting blood circulation and hair regrowth. Plant Keratin strengthens hair, and makes it frizz-free.
- ♻ MAKES HAIR SOFT : Gentle surfactants cleanse hair & scalp without stripping. Leaving Hair Soft & Smooth
- ♻ STRENGTHENS HAIR : Loaded with Plant Keratin, this Shampoo gently cleanses hair & repair damage caused due to washing.
- ♻ SAFE FOR CHEMICALLY TREATED HAIR : Made from all natural ingredients, the Shampoo does not do any harm & is suitable for all hair types. It is safe for coloured or chemically treated hair.
- ♻ The Shampoo is completely free of Sulfates, Silicones, Parabens, Mineral Oil & Dyes.
- Natural Herbal extracts clean the scalp, retaining its natural oils. * Stimulates the scalp, strengthens the hair, roots and prevents thinning of hair * Ayur Herbal Shampoo contains Indian Herbs like Amla & Shikaka * Size 1 Liter - 33.8 Ounces
- ORGANIC SHAMPOO AYURVEDIC HAIR GROWTH: The secret formula with AMLA, an Indian plant used since ancient times for its incredible benefits for hair care, promotes hair growth, strengthens and moisturizes follicles to prevent hair loss. Does not contain sulfates or parabens.
- AYURVEDIC FORMULA: is one of the world’s oldest natural treatments. It originated in India more than 3,000 years ago and promotes the use of herbal and natural compounds such as AMLA, the main ingredient of this amazing Hair Oil
- MOISTURIZES AND HYDRATES DAMAGED HAIR: Manufactured with high quality botanical ingredients from India, this hair oil softens and detangles hair and keeps hair shiny, strong and healthy.
- HOW TO USE: Apply to wet or dry hair, gently massage and leave for at least 10 minutes. For best results, leave applied at night.
- SAFETY WARNING: For external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes, in case of accidental contact, rinse eyes with cool tap water. You can experience mild scratch on the scalp because its herbal formula is acting directly on the follicles
- RESULTS: For best results, use the product every day along with Naturindia Shampoo and Conditioner, results may occur at 1 month of daily For some people, you may need to use this product for at least 4 months before you see results. The amount of hair regrowth is different for each person. This product will not work for all people.
- AMLA POWDER: Indian gooseberry, produced from dried amlaki . Amla powder is enriched with high anti-oxidants and vitamin C . It helps to control cholesterol. It is rich in fiber so helpful in digestion and constipation. It damages the production of the free radicals and thus protects skin and hair.
- SHIKAKAI POWDER: It is well known vitalizer for rough hair. It is a natural conditioner with vitamins and anti-oxidants. It nourishes hair strand, Promotes hair growth, Reduce dandruff.
- REETHA POWDER: It is made from dried reetha or soapnut fruits on grinding. It helps to get a fiar skin complexion. It is allergic free. It contains natural cleansing agent properties hence; it is perfect for washing clothes.
- HIBISCUS POWDER: It is made from dry hibiscus flower and had multiple uses regarding health and beauty purpose. It reduces bad cholesterol, make your hair natural black and reduces hair fall. It is very beneficial to stop sneezing and cold.
- METHIDANA: Fenugreek, also known as methidana has benefits for lowering blood sugar levels, reduce cholesterol, control diabetes etc.
- PREMIUM BLACK SEED OIL SHAMPOO - Extracted from black cumin seeds (Nigella Sativa), this exotic shampoo has antioxidant properties that destroy free radicals which can damage your hair. The shampoo is packed with nutrients like Vitamin B, Iron, Phosphorus and Zinc that help fortify and strengthen hair.
- INCLUDES CITRUS FRUIT EXTRACTS - Revitalizes from the root to the tip, leaving just the right amount of oil to avoid dryness which causes flakes and dandruff. The Amla oil, lemon and orange complex soothes and rejuvenates the scalp.
- GENTLE CLEANSING FOR YOUR HAIR – The black seed oil shampoo nourishes the hair and scalp, tightens brittle strands to prevent breakage, and provides softness making it easy to brush, manage, and style. It eliminates coarseness and frizz with moisturizing compounds that hydrate for extra shine. For best results, use with Amla Mera Black Seed Oil Conditioner.
- BOOST VOLUME AND VITALITY – The hydrating wash gently removes excess sebum to give your hair a lightweight feel while preventing that flat, limp look. It stimulates your roots to promote thicker, stronger hair and better hair growth, while working deep into the follicles to ward off thinning and hair loss.
- 100% RISK FREE GUARANTEE – Your satisfaction is our utmost priority. So in the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with our black seed oil shampoo, send us a message and we will either replace your product, or give you a full refund, no questions asked!
- ✔The Indie Earth Red Onion Shampoo. Red Onion, Curry Leaf & Alkanet Root are traditionally known ingredients used to encourage hair growth and stop hair loss. Onion is a natural source of quercetin, a powerful anti-oxidant that protects the health of our hair, and is also rich in sulphur, known as the beauty mineral, with all properties that are important for encouraging healthy hair growth and stimulating blood flow.
- ✔Curry Leaf: A rich source of beta-carotene and proteins. Beta carotene limits hair loss while presence of proteins prevents hair thinning.
- ✔Indian Alkanet Root (Ratan jot): It is a natural hair conditioner and helps arrest hair loss. Oil infused with this herb promotes hair growth.
- ✔Contains powerful caffeine compounds which have been shown to reduce hair loss, stimulate hair growth and block effects of testosterone within the skin. ✔ Tip: For Best Result, Use The Indie Earth Red Onion Hair Mask After Wash Once in a Week. This product is also safe for daily use and for color treated hair.
- ✔BEST LUXURY HAIR CARE WITHOUT SACRIFICING YOUR HEALTH: Contains NO Sulfates, Parabens, Sodium Chloride, Gluten. Researchers have found that shampoos containing sulfates and other harmful ingredients can cause itchy scalp, serious skin irritation and disease, hair loss and damage. The Indie Earth contains NONE of these harsh chemicals. SUITABLE FOR ALL HAIR TYPES AND SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR.
- ✅ Amla works as a natural conditioner due to:
- ✅ High contents of amino acids, tannin and vitamin C
- ✅ It smoothes the damaged structure of the hair
- ✅ 100% natural and vegan, silicone, paraben and soap free
- ✅ Even though the bar is only 2.12 oz big, it lasts more than 50 washes thanks to special granular particles
- Indian Hemp Vegan Co-Wash from Nubian Heritage helps you rediscover the majesty of your crowning glory. Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp Vegan Co-Wash with authentic hemp seed oil treats your hair to a kinder, gentler clean.
- The idea behind co-washing - aka conditioner washing - is that regular shampoos strip away all your scalp's natural emollients with the dirt, leaving your hair dry, brittle and out of control.
- Using a specially formulated conditioner instead of shampoo, like Indian Hemp Vegan Co-Wash from Nubian Heritage, cleans away the dirt without all that drama.
- If your hair is damaged or over-processed, ditch the shampoo habit and opt for softer, healthier, tangle-free tresses with our organic co-wash.
- We've infused our low-lather organic co-wash with tamanu oil and bamboo extract to fortify hair follicles and nourish your mane.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Shampoos for Indian Hair
When it comes to choosing the best shampoo for Indian hair, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a shampoo.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best shampoo for Indian hair.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best shampoo for Indian hair, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best shampoo for Indian hair, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best shampoo for Indian hair. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the shampoo you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which shampoo you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best shampoo for Indian hair. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best shampoo for your needs.
Which one of these shampoos are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.