With so many options, finding the best shampoo for colored hair can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best shampoo for colored hair. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Shampoos for Colored Hair
- Shampoo for normal, color treated hair
- Helps Protect Against Color Fade
- Up to 60 days sealed-in color vibrancy based on 4 washings per week
- Formulated with anti-oxidants and UV filters to help restore hair
- L'Oreal Paris Hair Expert is now L'Oreal Paris Elvive - new look, same amazing formula
- Color Safe Shampoo: Low pH shampoo for color-treated hair helps prolong color vibrancy. Gently cleanses to prevent unnecessary stripping of color. Suitable for color-treated or natural hair. Paraben free
- Benefits: Inspired by nature's orchid, Color Last helps maintain the color, depth, tone and shine for vivid color-treated hair. Gives hair salon-vibrant color for up to 9 weeks when using the system
- Additional Benefits: A professional inspired hair treatment to help protect hair balance moisture and even out the hairs surface for saturated shiny vibrant color that stays radiant for weeks
- Suggested Use: Apply to wet hair and lather with a massaging motion. We recommend that you pair Color Last Shampoo with Color Last Conditioner to help maintain your color-treated hair.
- Color Last Collection: Color Last system of Shampoo and Conditioner, nourishes and protects to help maintain the shine of color-treated hair. Color last Shampoo with low pH prolongs color vibrancy.
- STRENGTHENING COLOR CARE: Oat is the first ingredient in this scalp-soothing farm-fresh inspired shampoo blend infused with blackberry & quinoa protein to help preserve color & protect against heat styling
- PREVENT FADING: Infused with protein, this shampoo helps prevent fading & strengthens strands. It's free of sulfates, dyes & parabens, good for all hair types & ideal for color treated hair.
- FARM FRESH INSPIRED: We make hair care products that promote healthy hair & scalp, from shampoo & conditioner to hair masks, leave-in milks, mists & oils.
- SOOTHING PROPERTIES: We've been a trusted household brand since 1945. We're best known for our skin & hair care products, where oat's soothing properties are put to work on body, face and scalp
- BEAUTIFUL HAIR FROM ROOT TO TIP: Our hair care products are blended in perfect balance with wholesome ingredients to help soothe your scalp and nourish your strands for beautiful hair from root to tip
- Professional shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair
- Colour shampoo nourishes; smooths and softens coloured hair
- Colour conditioner moisturises; smooths and conditions coloured hair
- Both hair products are colour safe and enhance colour vibrancy
- Bed Head by TIGI Colour Goddess Shampoo and Conditioner Set contains a 25.36 fl oz shampoo and 25.36 fl oz conditioner
- Color Protecting Shampoo: Get up to 8 weeks of color vibrancy with Garnier Fructis Color Shield Shampoo. Helps resist wash-out, fade-out and dry-out so fresh vibrant color lasts longer. Vegan, with no parabens, and gentle enough for everyday use
- Color Safe Formula: Garnier's Color Shield formula with acai berry antioxidant, vitamin B6, vitamin B3, and UV filters helps keep color looking and feeling fresher for longer. Perfect to protect your favorite Garnier Fructis Hair Color shade
- Gentle Hair Care Solutions for Your Color Treated Hair: Our shampoo is gentle, lathers well and leaves your hair and scalp feeling and smelling great. Follow it up with the Color Shield Conditioner and hair mask for best results
- Over 100 years of pioneering in hair care: Since 1904, Garnier has blended naturally inspired and derived ingredients into breakthrough formulas for hair products and skin care. Garnier products are cruelty free and commited to greener beauty
- Inspired By Nature: Garnier Whole Blends carries an array of products for your hair with crafted select ingredients, lush formulas, and unique fragrances to restore the natural beauty of hair
- Sunflower extract helps protect against sun damage, while conditioning agents and extracts hydrate and add shine.
- Helps color last longer by shielding it from the sun.
- Gently cleanses while adding strength, elasticity and body
- Sunflower extract protects the structure of the hair, provides UVA and UVB protection
- Helps prevent hair color fade
- Provides ample moisture and intensified shine
- Award Winning | Allure Magazine 2019 Best of Beauty Award Winner
- Fresh & Vibrant | Protective blend of organic rose oil and juicy peach nourishes and revives color-treated hair, restoring vital moisture to help keep strands feeling strong and shades brilliant
- Color Perfecting Complex | Offers color-treated hair an extra layer of defense by sealing in the color to help maintain vibrancy, enhance shine and fight color-fade
- Benefits | Reduce frizz, add shine, prevent color from fading, hydrating and moisturizing
- Free Of | Sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten & drying alcohol. Not tested on animals
- 🌸 REPAIR DAMAGED HAIR: Shampoo and conditioner set use keratin to rejuvenate weak, thin, damaged hair or dry scalp. The smoothing and nourishing formula keeps hair strong, shiny and healthy
- 🌸 THICKEN AND VOLUMIZE THIN HAIR: Scalp stimulating shampoo and volumizing conditioner set increase hair elasticity to reduce hair breakage
- 🌸 SULFATE FREE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER: Our hair care is made without any harsh chemicals added, including parabens. Our products have been tested through various meticulous certification tests. Cruelty-free with no animal testing
- 🌸 CLARIFYING HEALTHY HAIR: Our Keratin shampoo and conditioner help remove buildups and are great for keeping your hair and scalp clean on a daily basis. Rich in necessary protection to support healthier hair growth for men and women
- 🌸 OUR PROMISE: We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with our product, let us know and we will issue you a FULL refund
- HARD WORKING: Fuels hair with a potent blend of Pro-V nutrients and antioxidants so hair is shiny and hydrated
- LONG LASTING: Gently cleanses and conditions with a vitamin-rich formula with 2x more nutrients, with results that last 72+ hours
- SHINE WITH EVERY WASH: Nourish color treated hair to fight fade and restore shine with every wash
- ROOT TO TIP NOURISHMENT: These powerful Radiant Color Shine formulas work together to hydrate colored hair, helping to protect color and reveal shiny, vibrant hair
- Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner Set: This set infused with rosemary deeply replenishes dry hair with moisture, softness and luminous shine, perfect for color treated hair
- Lasting Moisture: Color treated hair requires special care, and this formula is especially gentle, keeping color pure for up to 4 weeks with no weigh down and featuring the delicate scent of rosemary
- The Ever Collection: With our shampoos, conditioners, and hair treatments you can have a sulfate free hair care routine that’s tailor made for your specific needs, even if you have color treated hair
- Custom Hair Solutions: From treatments, masks and serums to leave in conditioners and frizz defying shampoos and conditioners, we've got what you need; Try our thickening, moisturizing and volumizing products
- L'Oreal Paris Beauty: A leading total beauty care company based in Paris, we offer innovative products and unique expertise from beauty experts in makeup, skin care, hair care, styling and hair color
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Shampoos for Colored Hair
When it comes to choosing the best shampoo for colored hair, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a shampoo.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best shampoo for colored hair.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best shampoo for colored hair, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best shampoo for colored hair, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best shampoo for colored hair. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the shampoo you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which shampoo you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best shampoo for colored hair. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best shampoo for your needs.
Which one of these shampoos are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.