With so many options, finding the best setting powder for dry skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best setting powder for dry skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Setting Powders for Dry Skin
- Translucent, loose, silky setting powder provides a touch of coverage to lock in makeup for long lasting wear and a flawless end result
- Minimizes the look of pores and skin imperfections for a super smooth makeup result with a modern matte finish
- Applicator puff included for easy application press the puff into loose powder, then gently press the puff onto skin, using rolling motions to set powder into makeup
- Use all over face after makeup application to perfect and set makeup look ; Focus on oil prone areas forehead, nose and chin as well as under the eyes
- Formulated with special moisturizers that nourish and protect skin : In three lightweight shades translucent, light and medium
- Filter finish: The silky, weightless texture of this setting powder Drapes the skin for a dreamy, blurring, soft-focus finish.
- How to wear: swirl brush over powder and tap off excess. Apply to the face and neck to set makeup. Lightly dust on bare skin and apply a layer of foundation on top. This will help with oil control and provide a subtle shimmer under foundation.
- 100% cruelty-free & Vegan: proud to be 100% vegan and cruelty-free, worldwide. Because kindness is chic.
- Free from: all E.L.F. Products are 100% free from phthalates, parabens, nonylphenol, Ethoxylates, triclosan, triclocarban, and hydroquinone.
- Beauty for all: e.l.f. Cosmetics provides professional-quality products at get-real prices, because we believe beauty should be accessible to every eye, lip, and face.
- Hide lines & wrinkles: Coty Airspun face powder in translucent extra coverage is a loose face & setting powder that helps to minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne, scars & other blemishes, giving your facial skin a smoother, softer look
- Foundation or setting powder: Coty Airspun face powder can be used to help smooth & soften the appearance of your skin as a foundation coverage, or use the loose powder on top of your makeup as a setting powder so you can get that flawless, smooth look
- Lightweight long lasting coverage: Airspun Loose Face Powder is long lasting & helps give full coverage that feels lightweight enough to wear all day. This face powder can be used as a foundation or setting powder & helps your face look smooth & flawless
- Flawless finish: Get the flawless finish you want with the help of Airspun loose face powder. Use to set contouring and highlights, or to help conceal and reduce the look of rough skin, fine lines, wrinkles, skin blemishes & help correct uneven skin tones
- Baking powder makeup for all skin tones.
- Fragrance-free and oil-free
- lightweight powder for oily skin and dry skin
- 16 hours of smudge and transfer-resistant wear
- BYE BYE PORES - Instantly erase the appearance of imperfections with Bye Bye Pores translucent powder. Developed with plastic surgeons, this anti-aging, skin-perfecting powder acts like airbrushing in a jar!
- SKIN-LOVING INGREDIENTS - This loose airbrush powder utilizes real silk to make your pores disappear from view, hydrolyzed collagen to smooth away the look of wrinkles, plus antioxidants & peptides for a shine-free, airbrushed finish.
- UNIVERSAL SHADE - Our translucent powder goes on completely clear and works on all skin tones. Can be worn over makeup or on bare skin to minimize the appearance of large pores and create an airbrushed finish.
- BEAUTY TIP - Using your IT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Dual Airbrush Concealer Brush #2, blend Bye Bye Under Eye concealer around your eyes, nose and lips. Then, use Bye Bye Pores to set for a pore-blurring, shine-free finish that lasts!
- HOW TO APPLY - Sweep a small amount of loose translucent powder onto skin using your favorite IT Cosmetics makeup brush.
- An ultra-translucent setting powder that sets makeup for extended wear with a revitalizing, mist-like effect on skin
- Ultra-fine, light-reflecting powders float over skin to smooth and blur the look of fine lines and imperfections
- This weightless powder sets and refreshes makeup for a silky smooth
- Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder is a mineral-based formula designed to help control shine and smooth skin texture with a hint of color; This mineral powder provides the perfect finishing touch to your makeup base
- A Shade That Fits Me: Maybelline Fit Me finishing powder provides coverage for a wide array of skin tones, from Ivory to Mocha; Use as a setting powder or to control shine for a flawless, natural-looking, "I woke up like this" finish
- Best Face Forward: Maybelline has sheer, medium, and full coverage foundation in liquid, stick, and cushion foundation formulas, and a range of concealers, face primers, contour, highlighter, and pressed powders to help you create a perfect canvas
- Maybelline Has What You Need: To create any look foundation, BB creams, concealers, and highlighters for the perfect canvas, eye shadows, brow pencils, and eyeliners for any eye look and lip products, from showstopping matte lipstick to a natural lip balm
- Remove Maybelline Makeup With Micellar Water: Use Garnier Micellar Water as a gentle makeup remover at night, and as a facial cleanser in the morning to prep skin for Maybelline makeup
- looks luminous in any light
- Light Reflecting Complex
- Soft, silky, and luxurious to the touch and undetectable
- Country of origin is United States
- Light-Coverage Matte Finishing Powder: Complete your look while adding a matte finish with this light-coverage finishing powder.
- Clarifies and Refines: Ingredients like Tea Tree Extract and Witch Hazel help to clarify the skin while reducing redness and the appearance of pores, as it leaves your face feeling fresh and toned.
- Skin-Loving Ingredients: Formulated with a nourishing blend of soothing ingredients like Chamomile Extract, Seabuckthorn, Oatmeal, Vegetable Collagen, Eucalyptus Oil, and Vitamin E, this finishing powder helps to soften and condition the skin, while leaving it more hydrated, and looking plumper and more elastic.
- For All Skin Types: Whether you have naturally dry, oily, or combination skin, this powder works wonders on any skin type.
- Cruelty-Free and Vegan: Wet n Wild makeup products are never tested on animals and are always cruelty-free.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Setting Powders for Dry Skin
When it comes to choosing the best setting powder for dry skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a setting powder.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best setting powder for dry skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best setting powder for dry skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best setting powder for dry skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best setting powder for dry skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the setting powder you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which setting powder you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best setting powder for dry skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best setting powder for your needs.
Which one of these setting powders are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.