With so many options, finding the best serum for face can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best serum for face. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Serums for Face
- [ HYALURONIC ACID SERUM ] CeraVe Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Face is formulated with our highest concentration of hyaluronic acid, an ingredient that helps retain skin’s natural moisture. Helps skin appear more hydrated and smoother.
- [ SMOOTH TEXTURE ] Lightweight, hydrating serum with a smooth, gel texture. If layering with an eye cream or facial moisturizer, apply HA Serum in a thin layer to slightly damp skin and allow to fully absorb into skin before applying additional products.
- [ ALL DAY HYDRATION ] With Vitamin B5 to help soothe skin. Features CeraVe's patented MVE ingredient-delivery technology to continually release moisturizing ingredients and provide 24-hour lasting hydration.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ DEVELOPED WITH DERMATOLOGISTS ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
- VITAMIN C IN ITS MOST STABLE FORM: Most brands formulate vitamin C serums with ascorbic acid, which is too unstable to be effective. We use THE MOST POTENT PURE VITAMIN C, sodium ascorbyl phosphate. In a study of 47 users, 94% said dark spots had faded, and 91% saw more radiance in just 2 weeks.
- SCIENTIFICALLY OPTIMAL 20% CONCENTRATION: Many serums either contain too little (<15%) or too much (22%+) vitamin C. Our skin brightening serum has an optimal 20% concentration. It RESURFACES & REJUVENATES WITHOUT DRYING SKIN. Higher concentrations can be irritating, especially on sensitive skin.
- 6X FASTER RESULTS WITH C-BOOST: Our anti aging serum with 5 SYNERGISTIC INGREDIENTS – retinol, jojoba oil, vitamin E, aloe vera & MSM – DOUBLES VITAMIN C’S PHOTOPROTECTIVE QUALITIES. It also accelerates skin renewal and new cell turnover, so you see results 6x faster than with vitamin C alone.
- COLD PROCESSED FOR 4X MORE STABILITY: Other serums are produced at 90°C, which depletes 31% of vitamin C’s antioxidant activity in 48 hours. For FULL POTENCY PRESERVATION, our antioxidant serum is COLD PROCESSED at 1-4°C, then packaged in FrostProtect glass that blocks destabilising light & oxygen.
- DERMATOLOGIST-DEVELOPED FORMULA: Instead of synthetics, our pure vit C serum features vitamin C from Floridian oranges. Our brightening face serum is VEGAN & CRUELTY FREE, and is made without parabens & silicones. 92% of users surveyed would repurchase it to TACKLE DARK SPOTS, FINE LINES & BREAKOUTS.
- SKIN BRIGHTENING SERUM: Our most popular facial serum uses vitamin C to even skin tone, neutralize free radicals and boost collagen, thus improving radiance and reducing dark spots, fine lines and wrinkles
- PLANT-BASED, SKIN-FRIENDLY FORMULATIONS: Our anti aging serum is a purposefully balanced blend for skin nutrition, harnessing support from botanical hyaluronic acid, vitamin E, aloe vera, jojoba oil and MSM to help brighten, calm and protect skin
- PURE & POTENT SKIN CARE: Vegan and cruelty-free skin nourishment using antioxidants, nutrients and botanical actives to improve skin wellness, all in a fragrance free formula without parabens and other harmful chemicals you don’t want
- DIRECTIONS: TruSkin Vitamin C Serum for face with hyaluronic acid can be used morning and/or night. Apply 3-5 drops of serum to clean fingertips, palm or back of hand and use fingertips to gently smooth onto face and under eyes
- EXTENDED MANUFACTURER GUARANTEE: Love it or your money back! If for any reason you decide this product isn't a fit for your skin, we offer a 90-day money-back refund. The expiration date is printed on the barcode sticker attached to the packaging
- A power trio for your best skin yet. Use the Vitamin C Serum followed by the Hyaluronic Acid Serum in the morning to visibly brighten, reduce dark spots, smooth, and hydrate the skin. Reach for the Retinol Serum followed by the Hyaluronic Acid Serum in the evening to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, fade the look of age spots, support elasticity, and soothe the skin.
- All of our products are cruelty-free, dermatologist-tested, and made for all skin types and tones. Plus, they're packed with thoughtfully-chosen ingredients you can feel good about.
- Directions: Apply Vitamin C Serum in the morning followed by Hyaluronic Acid Serum. Apply Retinol Serum in the evening followed by Hyaluronic Acid Serum. Apply 3-5 drops to clean, dry skin on face, neck, and décolleté. Use sunscreen daily, as retinol increases sun sensitivity. For best results, follow serums with a moisturizer.
- True radiance for the taking. Tree of Life is all about clean, effective, attainable skincare — and we won't give you anything less.
- Quality at the core. We're so sure you'll love our products that we offer a 30-day money back guarantee. If you're not fully satisfied, you can return it for a full refund.
- Intensive hydrating 1.5 percent Pure Hyaluronic Acid Serum for face with Vitamin C moisturizes skin instantly for dewy glow and visibly plumped skin; Reduces wrinkles and boosts skin's radiance; Effective for all skin tones
- Instant relief for dry skin; This hyaluronic acid moisturizer for face deeply hydrates skin immediately; In 1 week, visibly plumps for younger looking skin that feels firmer, more elastic and radiant; Skin looks and feels dewy instantly and overtime
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a potent hydration-attracting molecule naturally found in the skin; This formulation combines low-molecular and high-molecular weight for multi-depth hydration; Vitamin C is a vital antioxidant known to boost skin's radiance
- Lightweight gel serum absorbs fast with no tacky feel or leftover residue; Sheer finish on skin and wears well under makeup as a primer; for a dewy boost of hydration; #1 Serum in The World *Based on NielsenIQ RMS data. 12M Period Ending August 2022
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum with Vitamin C for face and neck; Fragrance free, paraben free, mineral oil free, no synthetic dyes; Dermatologist tested; Suitable for every skin type: dry skin, oily skin, combination skin, sensitive skin and mature skin
- BEST ANTI AGING SERUM - Loaded with antioxidants, our Vitamin C Serum for face with hyaluronic acid helps boost collagen production and reduce fine lines and wrinkles! Hyaluronic Acid provides incredible hydration by holding up to 1000 times its weight in water!
- GLOWING COMPLEXION - Acne and other skin conditions leave your complexion looking red and uneven. The Niacinamide and Retinol serum found in our formula supports healthy skin by naturally reducing inflammation, correcting dark spots, and soothing troubled skin.
- BEST ACNE TREATMENT - When pores are clogged with dirt and oil, they become larger and more visible. Retinol works to cleanse the pores, thereby making them appear smaller. Add to that the exfoliating effects of Salicylic Acid, and our face serum is ready to fight blemishes and improve acne prone skin.
- DARK SPOT CORRECTOR - Our Vitamin C Serum face serum is crafted to attack the most important skin issues like wrinkles, fine lines, dry skin, acne, or uneven skin. Loaded with natural ingredients, this antioxidant serum can tackle any problem you have while diminishing dark spots.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - With so many skincare products promising amazing results, it’s hard to know which brands you can trust. We’re so confident that you’ll love our skin serum, we’re offering a 90-day money-back refund. You can try it risk free today!
- This anti-aging ultra hydrating pure hyaluronic acid face and neck serum leaves skin feeling plump to the touch and helps repair skin by replenishing the natural moisture barrier.
- This serum combines concentrated pure hyaluronic acid, madecassoside and vitamin B5 for optimal effectiveness while also being suitable for sensitive skin.
- Pure hyaluronic acid serum hydrates and visibly plumps skin. Rich serum texture leaves skin feeling supple and hydrated to the touch.
- Use alone or as an added boost to your favorite moisturizer. Formula with fragrance
- Skin Concern: Fine lines, Loss of volume, Elasticity, Dehydrated skin, and Sensitive skin
- GIVE YOUR SKIN A HYDRATION BOOST with this concentrated bioactive serum that moisturizes and relieves dull, dry skin for improved texture and brightness
- FORMULATED FOR ALL SKIN TYPES our Glow Baby booster serum can be used on its own or for prepping your skin before applying makeup to keep skin looking soft while minimizing shininess
- MADE WITH NATURAL AND VEGAN INGREDIENTS including vitamin C and glycolic acid, a combination of a powerhouse antioxidant and an AHA that bring back your skin's youthful glow
- CAN BE USED DAY AND NIGHT and reapplied to clean skin whenever extra hydration is needed, or added to your favorite moisturizer for an extra boost
- FREE OF HARSH CHEMICALS including parabens, phthalates, SLS, mineral oil and petrolatum, as well as sulfate-free and silicone-free
- 1-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Fragrance-Free Facial Serum deeply quenches for extra-smooth, supple skin as part of your at-home skincare routine
- Daily lightweight face & neck serum suitable for all skin types as well as sensitive skin is formulated with two sizes of hyaluronic acid & a unique blend of water magnets to instantly quench & infuse moisture deep within skin's surface
- Daily face serum is made with purified hyaluronic acid, an essential hydrator recognized by dermatologists naturally found in skin, that binds to water & holds it within skin's surface for more supple, smooth skin
- The ultra-light hydrating serum contains the skin-mimicking water-magnet trehalose & dermatologist-recommended glycerin & leaves skin feeling supple & smooth
- This serum is the perfect addition to your hydrating skincare routine. Every morning & evening, apply 4-5 drops of hyaluronic acid serum to your face & neck after cleansing with Hydro Boost Cleanser & before moisturizing with Hydro Boost Water Gel
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Serums for Face
When it comes to choosing the best serum for face, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a serum.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best serum for face.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best serum for face, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best serum for face, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best serum for face. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the serum you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which serum you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best serum for face. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best serum for your needs.
Which one of these serums are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.