With so many options, finding the best primer for under eyes can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best primer for under eyes. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Primers for Under Eyes
- Maximizes color vibrancy
- Prevents fading or smudging
- Crease-resistant formula
- Photo chromatic pigments bend and reflect light to minimize flaws
- Lightweight gel smoothes and perfects the eye area, reducing the appearance of lines and creases on lids and under eyes, while brightening all over eye area
- Oil free, talc free, fragrance free and paraben free
- Country of origin is United States
- Invisible eye primer that can be worn under eyeshadows and concealers for a smooth base that locks down color for up to 8 hours
- Helps create smooth, even canvas for powder and cream makeup application and prevents creasing, fading, and smudging
- Can be applied under eyes or on eyelids using angled doe foot applicator or fingertips
- Helps blur fine lines and wrinkles around eyes for a youthful appearance
- Milk Makeup has one simple product philosophy - Use good, effective ingredients. Products are made to be easy-to-use and 100% vegan, cruelty-free, and paraben-free always.
- This priming balm smooths and blurs the look of fine lines while reducing puffiness
- Infused with cucumber, matcha green tea, and caffeine
- The sheer and velvety texture effortlessly melts into the skin to condition the eye area
- Limited Edition Three Piece Kit Includes the Following
- The Original Photo Finish Smooth and Blur Primer 0.41 oz
- Photo Finish 24 Hour Shadow Primer 0.14 oz
- Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer 0.33 oz
- Winky Lux Peeper Perfect Concealer is a full coverage, creamy formula that is perfect for the delicate skin around the eyes. This concealer diffuses the look of uneven skin tone, blemishes and other imperfections without creasing.
- Peeper Perfect is an under eye brightener containing collagen, hyaluronic acid and vitamin E to moisturize while neutralizing uneven skin tone, resulting in a brighter more awake under eye.
- How to Use: Warm a small amount with fingers, tap onto skin to blend. A little Peeper Perfect goes a long way! Peeper Perfect can also be used as a full coverage foundation.
- Pro Tip: Pair Peeper Perfect with our Wakey Wakey Eye Cream for bright eyes day and night. During the day, pair with your shade of White Tea Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 for the perfect makeup base.
- The Winky Lux Promise: Winky Lux is plastic neutral, thoughtfully sourced, clean and cruelty-free. Because we're here to be fabulous, not harmful. Peeper Perfect is ophthalmologist tested and gluten free.
- Vegan Eye Primer: Infused with vitamin E to extend makeup wear, use this primer under eyeshadow and eyeliner for more vibrant, saturated color and no-smudge, no-crease, longwearing eye looks
- Lightweight Formula: This formula is super creamy with a soft blurring effect; Wear it on its own for a lightweight, flawless natural look; Features a unique doe foot applicator for easy, smooth application
- All Eyes On Eye Makeup: Complete your look with our full range of eye makeup products ranging from eyeshadow palettes to false eyelashes, eyeliners, concealers, setting sprays, eyebrow makeup, eyeshadow primer and more
- Cruelty Free Cosmetics: We believe animals belong in our arms, not in a lab; All of our makeup is certified and acknowledged by PETA as a cruelty free brand; We don't test any of our products on animals
- Discover NYX Professional Makeup: Try all of our professional makeup products today from eyeshadow, eyeliner, and false lashes to liquid lipstick, lip gloss, primer, concealer, setting sprays and eyebrow makeup
- VELVETY SMOOTH BASE: Sorme Treatment Cosmetics Under Shadow Primer is a creamy and lightweight eyeshadow base. It helps neutralize dark circles and red spots and gives you an evenly smooth canvas for your eye looks.
- MAKES COLORS POP: Our eyeshadow primer dries to a matte finish and minimizes fall-out. It helps to intensify the color of your eyeshadows for easy-to-blend richly colored hues that can last all day without creasing.
- EASY TO USE: Acing your base is easy with our eye shadow primer. Just dab on a small amount and blend it out with a small dense brush or your fingers. You can use it on your eyelids or as an under eye primer.
- CARES FOR YOUR SKIN: Our hydrating eye primer is infused with vitamins and antioxidants to help freshen and protect the sensitive skin around your eyes.
- MAKE UP YOU CAN FEEL GOOD ABOUT: Radiate beauty with our cruelty-free eyelid primer. Our makeup enhances how naturally stunning you are and is gentle enough for sensitive skin.
- SMOOTH EYELIDS. The perfect canvas for your eyeshadow art as it smoothes your eyelids for a crease-free makeup finish. This concealer minimizes the appearance of eyelid lines and increases the wear time of any eyeshadow.
- CREASE-FREE BASE TO PRIME AND BRIGHTEN. This eyeshadow applies better, wears longer and blends seamlessly. It can be worn alone to minimize eyelid lines or use as a concealer to brighten under eyes for an impeccable finish.
- EVENS SKIN TONE. Keep your eyeshadow true to color for a flawless finish and simply blend over eyelids to create an even canvas. This concealer blends with your complexion to ensure a uniform makeup application.
- OUR COMMITMENT. We offer cutting-edge, animal-free formulas that emphasize color, vibrancy and performance in each product. Meticulously developed to boost the glam factor in your makeup regimen, for all ages, skin tones and demographics.
- MADE IN THE USA. Gerard Cosmetics is an LA based cosmetics brand that is always pushing makeup norms with innovative formulas and beloved colors that have attracted a cult following. The brand blossomed in 2014 into a full range of color cosmetics.
- Accommodates Buff Beige/Natural Ivory skin tones
- Your secret to long-lasting eye makeup! This waterproof eye primer enhances the vibrancy and longevity of your shadow, while preventing creasing. Comfortable and lightweight.
- Apply to clean, dry lids to correct discoloration, can be used for dark under eye circles as well.
- “Think of this waterproof primer like an insurance policy for any eye look.”
- Renowned makeup artist, Laura Geller, created a modern makeup brand that empowers, delights and brings out the best in women’s beauty, through delicious textures, amazing colors and the most innovative formulas.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Primers for Under Eyes
When it comes to choosing the best primer for under eyes, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a primer.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best primer for under eyes.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best primer for under eyes, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best primer for under eyes, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best primer for under eyes. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the primer you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which primer you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best primer for under eyes. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best primer for your needs.
Which one of these primers are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.