With so many options, finding the best oil for tattoos can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best oil for tattoos. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Oils for Tattoos
- Instantly brightens your tattoos by deeply nourishing and hydrating your skin
- Protects your precious ink from premature fading
- Make your tattoos "POP" with color and brightness!
- Fresh, light, and clean all-natural fragrance. NO SYNTHETIC FRAGRANCE CHEMICALS!
- Proud to be made in the USA in a cGMP established facility
- VALUE PACK: Receive a matching pair of two 2oz clear glass dropper bottles and a small plastic funnel
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Jawbone skull shaped bottle with pipette eye dropper lid
- MULTI-PURPOSE: Use for any liquid like bitters, beard or tattoo oil, essential oil blends for aromatherapy, massage oil and more.
- SIZE: 2.5 x 2 x 4.5 inches, weight 10.3 oz; Max Capacity: 2 fluid ounces but only fill with 3 tbsp to allow for head space and proper lid closure with pipette lid. 2 fluid ounces = 60 ml = 4 tablespoons; COLOR: Clear glass
- CONVENIENT: Portable, refillable; perfect size for the purse, pocket, backpack, handbag or luggage
- Smooth Out Wiry Beard: Woody's Beard & Tattoo Oil has a unique blend of three natural oils to soothe, moisturize and calm the skin beneath. It delivers the nutrients to your skin and facial hair needs for the ultimate control and shines!
- For Tattoos Too: Woody’s Oil combines essential oils in a unique blend for the ultimate control and exceptional shine; it also redefines beard and tattoo care. Achieve a frizz-free beard and let your tats immediately come alive with a trendy intensity!
- All-Natural Ingredients: Infused with super oils such as Moringa, Macadamia, and Kukui, this mixture will hydrate dry skin and hair and promote elasticity without extra residue! Also rich in phytonutrients, this oil will leave you feeling healthy and fresh!
- Easy Way to Hydrate Beard: Woody's Oil beautifully hydrates and styles your beard to stay well-groomed and attractive. Just add a couple of drops to your palms, spread around, and apply to the beard as desired. You can comb it through for even distribution.
- Go-To Brand for Men’s Grooming: Develop with the collaboration of celebrity barbers and stylists. This Woody’s Beard and Tattoo oil is created for the man looking for a simple, daily regimen that offers no-frills products that smell good and get the job done.
- ✅ [Great For Old & New Tattoos] Our tattoo healing oil not only moisturizes your skin, it is perfect for old and new tattoos. It instantly brightens your tattoos by deeply nourishing and hydrating your skin.
- ✅ [Organic Natural tattoo oil moisturizer] Kiwiglow tattoo oil is truly natural and organic, keeps your ink looking bright and new. It is not greasy and absorbs immediately.
- ✅ [Take care of your skin] 100% organic and made with quality sourced oils and essential oils. Packed with nourishing vitamins like A E and B Complex, Includes anti aging properties that will rejuvenate your skin, making it bright and smooth. It does not have any harmful ingredients.
- ✅ [A little goes a long way] This tattoo care oil will last twice as long as any lotion or cream. It smells divine and keeps your ink vibrant and hydrated All day with no oily residue.
- ✅ [SKIN SATISFACTION GUARANTEED] We are confident that your skin will love Kiwi Glow as much as you do. But, if for any reason, Kiwi Glow is not right for you, we're happy to give you a complete refund. Buy with confidence!
- LOOKS LIKE NEW: Our Tattoo Brightener is suitable for fresh and old tattoos. Perfect to use daily on your existing ink to keep your colors vibrant, lines sharp and keep your tattoo like new for long
- DEEP MOISTURE TO SKIN: Enriched with Coconut oil and Shea Butter, rich in fatty acids, this Tattoo Ointment has a moisturizing effect that prevent skin dryness and keeps its natural moisture film
- SHINE & GLOSS: With Grapeseed and Moringa Essential oils, this Tattoo Care Oil delivers unmatched shine and gloss to your ink, enhancing its colors and maintaining your skin firm
- ITCH RELIEF: The soothing power of this Organic Tattoo Oil acts on the typical itchy sensation and irritation that comes with freshly made tattoos. The perfect organic alternative without petroleum
- NATURAL EXTRACTS: The Man Company Tattoo Aftercare products are made with all organic and selected ingredients. Our formulas are petroleum free & paraben free, vegan, with no chemical additives
- PROTECT & SOOTHE YOUR TATTOOS - Condition and protect to keep ink looking bold and vibrant with our soothing and nourishing certified organic tattoo aftercare. Certified Organic - Fair Trade - Gluten Free - Non-GMO - Cruelty Free
- COCONUT & TAMANU OIL - Soothing Tattoo Balm with organic Tamanu Oil (a nourishing skin-restorative) and organic & fair trade Coconut Oil which is rich in Vitamin E and natural antioxidants for moisturizing and nourishing. No added fragrance, it just smells like the wonderful natural ingredients.
- RICH IN ANTIOXIDANTS - Treat your tattoos to the restorative antioxidants naturally found in Organic Sunflower Oil, Beeswax, Olive Oil, Sunflower Vitamin A and extracts of Calendula and Myrrh. Use on new or existing tattoos, or on any parched or sensitive skin.
- BOTANICAL INGREDIENTS - Free-of artificial ingredients, fragrances, dyes, parabens, GMOs, synthetic chemicals, or harsh ingredients. Our philosophy flows from the ground up. We believe in using botanical ingredients that are filled with life force. They make for better products, for healthier people, and for a healthier planet.
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC - Badger Tattoo Balm is USDA Certified Organic and petrolatum-free. The organic certification is an agricultural standard which ensures that ingredients are not genetically modified, and are grown and processed without the use of chemical pesticides, fertilizers, or chemical processing agents. We believe USDA Organic is the gold standard for personal care ingredients.
- EFFECTIVE FORMULA: This tattoo oil is professionally crafted with rich, natural components that keep skin moisturized and hydrated, there every step of the way of your tattooing process reducing redness.
- QUALITY INGREDIENTS: All-natural blend of therapeutic grade essential oils that reduce pain, diminish the incidence of scabbing, and shorten healing time.
- HYDRATING AND HEALING INTENSELY: Our products aid in the speeding up of the tattoo healing process and ensure that your tattoo heals as quickly as possible. Keeping the color from fading. With our tattoo oil, you can heal quickly.
- SUBTLE SMELL: A few drops will refresh even ten-year-old tattoos. Our aftercare oil is chemical-free and smells fantastic!
- SUSTAINABLE & ECO FRIENDLY: We are dedicated to providing the most environmentally friendly tattoo aftercare products possible. Ink Oil will ensure that any tattoo bandage, ointment, salve, goo, or other product is ethical and sustainable. We shall always source in a responsible manner. On this wonderful globe, we coexist not just with other humans, but also with plants and animals. As a result, we pledge to only use cruelty-free and ethically sourced oils and packaging.
- All in 1 Aftercare: stretched ear lobe care, ear lubricant for gauges, piercing aftercare, piercing bumps, tattoo, tattoos, body art, color loss, fading. Stretching oil for gauges alternative: holey moisturizer, reduces pain, fights infection, less chapping, insertion of tapers and oversized plugs go in easier
- Tattoo Aftercare Product: moisturizing ointment, tattoo butter, non comedogenic, does not clog pores, allowing new ink, dyes, pigments of tattoos to be more vibrant, pronounced skin
- Stops itching in seconds, soothes cracked, parched lips, cold sores, dry skin, acne, bruises, and more.
- Nutri Care Plus Tattoo You Emu Oil penetrates 7 layers of skin: reduces swelling, redness, heals tissue, and fights infection
- Piercing Aftercare: If applied often after initial piercing; Emu Oil decreases redness and swelling that causes piercing bumps and prevent further damage to the cartilage and surrounding tissue
- Tattoo machine maintenance oil, suitable for motors, increases the service life of the machine.
- When the machine makes noise or gets stuck, you can use oil to repair it to ensure the smooth daily use of the machine.
- The machine can be repaired with just one drop, rust and dust can also be removed, and the machine can be maintained normally.
- The compact size is easy to store, 10 grams per time is enough.
- Very suitable for professional tattoo artists or beginners.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Oils for Tattoos
When it comes to choosing the best oil for tattoos, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a oil.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best oil for tattoos.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best oil for tattoos, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best oil for tattoos, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best oil for tattoos. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the oil you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which oil you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best oil for tattoos. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best oil for your needs.
Which one of these oils are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.