With so many options, finding the best oil for dry scalp can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best oil for dry scalp. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Oil for Dry Scalp
- Help remove buildup with a burst of freshness with this tea tree & mint dry scalp treatment Blended with peppermint, tea tree oil & witch hazel, it invigorates the senses while removing residue
- MINTY REFRESH AND RESET: This 4 ounce bottle of OGX Extra Strength Refreshing plus Teatree Mint Dry Scalp Treatment helps remove residue from hair and scalp without stripping strands
- TINGLING SCALP SENSATION: Ideal for all hair texture and moisture types, the nourishing dry scalp treatment features a lightweight blend that removes buildup while leaving the scalp feeling balanced and healthy, and hair looking shiny and hydrated
- HAIR CARE INSPIRED BY NATURE: The unique formula of this non-medicated scalp solution is infused with tea tree oil to invigorate the scalp, peppermint extract to awaken the senses, and the natural astringent witch hazel, which helps remove buildup. Health Concern: Hair, Skin, Nails
- ENGAGE THE SENSES: Experience a burst of freshness and a sweet peppermint, iced vanilla and tea tree scent for hair that smells fresh and invigorated Plus this sulfate-free surfactant hair care system is paraben-free and gentle on your locks
- Soothes Itching and Flaking. Treatment designed for Dry & Itchy Scalp.
- Relieves scalp itch, flaking, and irritation associated with Seborrheic Dermatitis, Dandruff, and Psoriasis.
- Olive & Tea Tree Oil Treatment help nourish and add extra moisture to the scalp..
- Apply to dry and itchy areas as needed. Massage into scalp. Do not rinse.
- Active Ingredient: 1.80% Salicylic Acid
- Hair Oil: Wraps curly hair with moisture to help protect hair from breakage and split ends; Scalp feels moisturized, natural hair is stronger; Treatment blended with castor oil, oilve oil, vitamin e, jojoba oil to hydrate dry, damaged, frizzy hair
- For Weak, Breakage-Prone Hair: Goddess Strength anti-breakage hair products helps support the strength of hair as it grows and gets longer; Delivers 15x stronger hair and 94 percent less breakage in one use* see disclaimer
- Coily, Curly, Wavy Hair Products: Carol’s Daughter Collection created for natural hair with 4C, 4B, 4A, 3C, 3B, 3A, 2C, 2B, 2A curl types; Complete the routine with: Curly Hair Shampoo and Conditioner set, Leave in Conditioner, Hair Mask and Hair Oil
- How To Use: After shampoo and conditioner, on damp or dry hair, use pointed tip applicator to apply directly to scalp; Massage gently into scalp and hair; Do not rinse out and style; Use daily or often; Follow with leave in conditioner spray or cream
- Black Woman Founded: Lisa Price founded Carol's Daughter in her Brooklyn kitchen in 1993 with a mother's love and encouragement; Today we carry a full line of textured hair care products for women and men to care for all waves, curls and coils
- Deeply hydrates to refresh and renew your skin's surface in between washes* (*With regular use)
- Provides a healthy foundation to grow beautiful hair from the scalp
- Add a few drops to your scalp whenever you feel itch or irritation
- This dry scalp treatment is infused with vitamin E and argan oil
- Fresh-smelling formula is crafted to be free of dyes and adds a soothing experience to your day
- ORGANIC DAY & NIGHT MOISTURIZER - Ancient Greek Remedy Oil is a blend of Organic Cold Pressed Olive oil, Sweet Almond oil, Grapeseed oil, Vitamin E oil & Lavender Essential Oil. Vegan, Non-Gmo, Gluten, Paraben & Preservatives Free! 4 OZ. The best moisturizer for your Face, body, Hair, hands, cuticles, nails, legs, feet & heels. Try us Risk-free. Order now, and if you are not 100% satisfied, please email us, and we will send you a full refund of your money. No need to send the bottle back!
- 100% NATURAL FACE CARE - Our blend of 4 anti-aging oils makes it a fantastic face moisturizer that is a superior & safer alternative to face creams & lotions. Use our face oil 2x daily for softer facial skin and to shrink pores, and firm skin, clear up acne & dark spots and minimize the appearance of acne scars for a radiant & glowing appearance.
- SKIN MOISTURIZER THAT WORKS - Body moisturizer for all skin types, including combination skin, Sensitive Skin, uneven dry Skin & oily Skin. Organic body oil for moisturizing dry, sensitive skin and minimizing the appearance of stretch marks & cellulite. Massage oil after a shower to improve your skin tone, or use it as bath oil. 100% natural moisturizer for all your skin needs.
- DRY HAIR MOISTURIZER - Using oil for Hair is a safer natural alternative to hair creams. Perfect for all hair types, including Straight Hair, Wavy Hair, Curly Hair & Afro Hair. Natural hair oil for a softer, longer & richer look. For rejuvenating & thickening weak, thin, brittle, damaged hair, frizzy hair & split end treatment. Hair styling moisturizer that nourishes and protects your Hair. Try using our all-natural blend as a hair moisturizer or hair mask for youthful, full beautiful Hair.
- TREAT DRY HANDS, CUTICLES & NAILS - Natural hand moisturizer is a safe alternative to hand creams & hand lotions. Hand & cuticle oil treats dry, rough, cracked hands caused by weather conditions or excessive work. Natural cuticle moisturizer & cuticle remover. Nails strengthener, hardener & damage nail treatment for nail growth. Try us Risk-free. Order now & if you are not 100% satisfied, please email us, and we will send you a full refund of your money. No need to send the bottle back!
- Relieves scalp irritation, dryness and itchiness. Gently exfoliates to help reduce flakiness.
- KEY BENEFITS & FEATURES: Works as a pre-shampoo treatment to soothe scalp skin and rejuvenate follicles.
- HOW TO USE: Massage into scalp and disperse through ends 15 min. before washing for shinier, healthier-looking strands
- ESPECIALLY GOOD FOR: Dry, itchy and/or flaky scalp, scalp build-up, thinning hair
- KEY INGREDIENTS Hemisqualane - Sustainable silicone alternative derived from sugarcane, - Rosemary Extract: Stimulates scalp and hair follicles that support hair growth, Basil Root Extract – prevents hair loss, Turmeric Extract – anti-inflammatory properties for scalp health, Moringa Seed Oil - Adds softness, shine and luster
- SIZE / SUSTAINABLE PACKAGING: 1.7oz Recyclable glass bottle + dropper cap + FSC-certified carton
- Hair and Scalp Oil: This naturally infused, nourishing oil adds long lasting hydration and shine; Address breakage, damage, and split ends by keeping the hair and scalp moisturized, fortified and healthy for optimum growth potential
- Softness and Shine: Features Cocoa Butter to soften and add healthy shine with rich moisture that shields hair from dryness and over processing; Color safe for all hair colors, curl patterns and textures
- For Optimal Length: Biotin helps optimize the healthy hair growth cycle while strengthening strands and preventing hair from becoming brittle and fragile to reduce breakage for beautiful, long, shiny hair
- Choose What's Real: Our beauty products and hair and skin treatments feature real, plant based ingredients in formulas that really work to hydrate and soften, from lip balm to bar soap to body butter
- Palmer's: Our Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, and Vitamin E product lines include creams, balms, lotions, oils and soaps for hand and body, face, lip, and hair care, pregnancy and stretch mark care
- Made with a blend of more than 10 natural oils to help loosen scaly build-up. Formulated to moisturize, condition, prevent flaking and helps calm and soothe the scalp.
- Apply a thin coating with the easy application spout tip to your problem areas at night and shampoo out in the morning.
- Gentle, steroid free, irritation & fragrance free formula is safe to use on scalp and body.
- Doctor recommended, best when used with Dermasolve Shampoo and Dermasolve Cream.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Oil for Dry Scalp
When it comes to choosing the best oil for dry scalp, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a oil.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best oil for dry scalp.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best oil for dry scalp, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best oil for dry scalp, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best oil for dry scalp. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the oil you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which oil you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best oil for dry scalp. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best oil for your needs.
Which one of these oils are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.