With so many options, finding the best oil for dry scalp can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best oil for dry scalp. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Oil for Dry Scalp
- Help remove buildup with a burst of freshness with this tea tree & mint dry scalp treatment Blended with peppermint, tea tree oil & witch hazel, it invigorates the senses while removing residue
- MINTY REFRESH AND RESET: This 4 ounce bottle of OGX Extra Strength Refreshing plus Teatree Mint Dry Scalp Treatment helps remove residue from hair and scalp without stripping strands
- TINGLING SCALP SENSATION: Ideal for all hair texture and moisture types, the nourishing dry scalp treatment features a lightweight blend that removes buildup while leaving the scalp feeling balanced and healthy, and hair looking shiny and hydrated
- HAIR CARE INSPIRED BY NATURE: The unique formula of this non-medicated scalp solution is infused with tea tree oil to invigorate the scalp, peppermint extract to awaken the senses, and the natural astringent witch hazel, which helps remove buildup. Health Concern: Hair, Skin, Nails
- ENGAGE THE SENSES: Experience a burst of freshness and a sweet peppermint, iced vanilla and tea tree scent for hair that smells fresh and invigorated Plus this sulfate-free surfactant hair care system is paraben-free and gentle on your locks
- A multitasking hair treatment infused with argan oil to promote a healthier look and feel. Use as a styling routine foundation or to refresh second-day strands
- Conditions, smooths frizz and flyaways, detangles, and boosts shine by up to 118%.*
- Soothes Itching and Flaking. Treatment designed for Dry & Itchy Scalp.
- Relieves scalp itch, flaking, and irritation associated with Seborrheic Dermatitis, Dandruff, and Psoriasis.
- Olive & Tea Tree Oil Treatment help nourish and add extra moisture to the scalp..
- Apply to dry and itchy areas as needed. Massage into scalp. Do not rinse.
- Active Ingredient: 1.80% Salicylic Acid
- Relieves scalp irritation, dryness and itchiness. Gently exfoliates to help reduce flakiness.
- Hair and Scalp Oil: This naturally infused, nourishing oil adds long lasting hydration and shine; Address breakage, damage, and split ends by keeping the hair and scalp moisturized, fortified and healthy for optimum growth potential
- Softness and Shine: Features Cocoa Butter to soften and add healthy shine with rich moisture that shields hair from dryness and over processing; Color safe for all hair colors, curl patterns and textures
- For Optimal Length: Biotin helps optimize the healthy hair growth cycle while strengthening strands and preventing hair from becoming brittle and fragile to reduce breakage for beautiful, long, shiny hair
- Choose What's Real: Our beauty products and hair and skin treatments feature real, plant based ingredients in formulas that really work to hydrate and soften, from lip balm to bar soap to body butter
- Palmer's: Our Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, and Vitamin E product lines include creams, balms, lotions, oils and soaps for hand and body, face, lip, and hair care, pregnancy and stretch mark care
- MOISTURIZING HAIR SCALP TREATMENT – Head & Shoulders Royal Oils Daily Moisture Scalp Cream is a leave-in, daily hair treatment to seal in moisture and prevent flakes and itch*. Use it to wash less, extend the life of your style and have healthy hair and scalp.
- PREVENT DRYNESS AND ITCH – Use as a hair moisturizer and dry scalp treatment to prevent dryness and itch associated with dandruff. The light, absorbing no-rinse formula helps restore scalp health and provides 24-hour scalp protection*.
- SULFATE FREE – Expertly designed specifically for natural, relaxed, kinky, and coily hair types, this itchy scalp treatment is made with coconut oil, is dye and sulfate free, and free of mineral oils. Great for protective styles, twists and locs.
- RESPECT THE CROWN – Anoint your crown with nothing but the best scalp care. Developed for Black hair by Black scientists, the entire Head and Shoulders Royal Oils line helps balance natural moisture levels for healthy hair and a healthy scalp.
- FOR BEST RESULTS – Use daily to nourish and protect scalp. Place the tip directly on scalp and squeeze bottle, moving from front of scalp to back, ensuring the entire scalp is treated. Use fingers to massage into scalp. Can be used up to four times daily.
- Hair Treatment Oil: Wraps curly hair with moisture to help protect hair from breakage and split ends; Scalp feels moisturized, natural hair is stronger; A great stocking stuffer gift blended with oils and vitamin E to hydrate and style curls
- For Weak, Breakage-Prone Hair: Goddess Strength anti-breakage hair products helps support the strength of hair as it grows and gets longer; Delivers 15x stronger hair and 94 percent less breakage in one use* see disclaimer
- Coily, Curly, Wavy Hair Products: Carol’s Daughter Collection created for natural hair with 4C, 4B, 4A, 3C, 3B, 3A, 2C, 2B, 2A curl types; Complete the routine with: Curly Hair Shampoo and Conditioner set, Leave in Conditioner, Hair Mask and Hair Oil
- How To Use: After shampoo and conditioner, on damp or dry hair, use pointed tip applicator to apply directly to scalp; Massage gently into your scalp and hair; Do not rinse out and style; Use daily or often; Follow with leave in conditioner
- Black Woman Founded: Lisa Price founded Carol's Daughter in her Brooklyn kitchen in 1993 with a mother's love and encouragement; Today we carry a full line of textured hair care products for women and men to care for all waves, curls and coils
- Head and Shoulders Royal Oils Instant Soothe Scalp Elixir helps balance and restore scalp health* (*with regular use)
- Fresh, cooling leave-in formula invigorates scalp and soothes to provide instant scalp relief, no rinsing required!
- Great for protective styles, twists and locs
- 24-hour scalp protection* (*when used as directed)
- Free of alcohol
- , sulfates, parabens and dyes (
- contains no ethanol)
- HELP DETOX AND LOOSEN BUILDUP while soothing and hydrating your scalp with our gentle yet effective scalp serum
- SMELL AND FEEL REFRESH without that unwanted oily feeling with our rosemary mint scented serum to help soothe dry and flaky scalps
- HOW TO USE: Apply 2 to 4 droppers and massage into scalp. Shampoo after use or can be used as an overnight treatment. Use one time per week.
- MADE WITH INGREDIENTS WE LOVE like rosemary, witch hazel, sage and thyme, all 100% vegan and cruelty free
- FREE OF HARSH CHEMICALS including parabens, phthalates, SLS, mineral oil and petrolatum, as well as sulfate-free, cruelty free and 100% vegan
- Scalp Serum: The perfect partner to our scalp scrub, this scalp serum uses plant based conditioning nutrients to give your scalp a fresh finish; Tea tree oil and ginger mint cool and invigorate
- Invigorating Nutrients: Our Tea Tree and Lemon Sage collection is formulated with eucalyptus and peppermint extract to awaken the senses, leaving your scalp feeling clean, fresh, and ready to style
- The Renpure Collection: Try our full collection of responsibly sourced and ethically produced products for gentle cleansing from head to toe, from nourishing conditioners to dry shampoos to body washes
- Gentle and Nourishing: We use gentle, plant based cleansers with carefully chosen ingredients like tea tree oil, argan oil, shea butter and coconut to create nourishing, safe formulas for our products
- Plant Based Beauty: We’ve been making plant based beauty products since day one; Our hair and body care products are free from sulfates, parabens, dyes, gluten, phthalates, propylene glycol and bad vibes
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Oil for Dry Scalp
When it comes to choosing the best oil for dry scalp, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a oil.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best oil for dry scalp.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best oil for dry scalp, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best oil for dry scalp, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best oil for dry scalp. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the oil you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which oil you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best oil for dry scalp. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best oil for your needs.
Which one of these oils are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.