With so many options, finding the best natural shampoo for dandruff can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best natural shampoo for dandruff. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Natural Shampoos for Dandruff
- Contains Organic Ingredients
- No Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate
- No GMOs
- No Synthetic Colors or Fragrances
- Oily Hair Shampoo for Greasy Hair - Give your hair the care it needs with our clarifying shampoo for build up made with pure tea tree oil for hair that cleanses the scalp for more beautiful locks
- Dandruff Tip - One of the best ways to combat itchy scalp and flaking is to ditch that artificial dandruff shampoo with damaging sulfates and choose one with more hydrating natural ingredients
- Cleansing Shampoo for Dry Scalp - Try our scalp care shampoo for that works by acting as a tea tree moisturizing shampoo for dry hair and scalp hydrating thirsty scalps for better-looking hair
- Featuring Natural Oils - We hope you love our paraben and sulfate free shampoo safe for color treated hair and all hair types because we use potent natural essential oils for hair and scalp care
- Maple Holistics Quality - We believe in using real ingredients for real results that is why we created our sulfate free purifying shampoo for men and women featuring cleansing natural essential oils
- Packaging May Vary***
- Sold as "Jason Dandruff Relief Treatment Shampoo, 12 Fl. Oz (Pack of 1)"
- Gently cleanses and nourishes hair while controlling scalp dermatitis and mild psoriasis
- Crafted with a wholesome blend of sulfur, salicylic acid and jojoba, olive and rosemary oils
- A formula inspired by nature's best, free from parabens, sulfates, phthalates and petrolatum
- Always cruelty-free, never tested on animals
- Majestic Pure Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo and Virgin Coconut Avocado Conditioner Set; for healthy hydrated hair and scalp; sulfate free; made in USA
- Perfect daily dry scalp shampoo and conditioner combo to remove buildups while nourish and hydrate hair and scalp
- Gentle enough for daily use and for all hair types, color safe shampoo and conditioner set; restores shine; reduces itchy scalp, dandruff and frizz
- Safety Warning Intended for External Use Only: Rub a very small amount on the inside of your elbow area to test for any allergic reaction before use. Avoid contact with eyes, keep out of the reach of children. If pregnant, consult with your health care provider before use.
- Cruelty-Free, Made in USA - At Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals, we are proud to provide you with all-natural and naturally-based cruelty-free products made right here in the United States of America
- We formulated Kick Active Peppermint and Tea Tree Shampoo for movers, shakers, and athletes! 11 powerful, pure, ultra-potent botanical ingredients (Tea Tree leaf, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Aloe Vera and more!) restore optimal scalp balance to relieve itch and support healthy looking hair. 100% irritant-free.
- Hair strengthening shampoo and moisturizing shampoo in one: Did you know sweat-induced dandruff and dry scalp can lead to hair loss? Kick Active's Anti Hairloss Shampoo contains Aloe at just the right potency to reduce the dandruff and dry scalp that cause hair loss when left untreated.
- Lifetime Satisfaction: After just 1 treatment with Kick Active, you’ll never want your old, ineffective Men’s Hair Shampoo back! Users say our dandruff shampoo for men is the best shampoo for thin hair and itchy scalp. Go ahead and click add to cart now to experience strong, soft, dandruff-free hair - or get your money back, no questions asked.
- Empower better hair days - won't feel heavy or dry the scalp: Unmanageable, dried out hair? While many hair care products leave you feeling dry, frizzy, or like your head's covered in cooking oil, Kick Active Peppermint & Tea Tree Oil Shampoo leaves hair soft and light with an invigorating clean scent that lasts all day.
- Natural Formula, no harsh chemicals. Because irritating surfactants frequently cause skin dryness, flaking, itching and redness - which often causes hair loss - we created our natural dandruff shampoo without the naughty stuff! It’s 100% free of SLS/sulfates, parabens and harsh chemicals - plus cruelty-free and color safe.
- Dr. Eddie’s Happy Cappy Medicated Shampoo and Body Wash, known as "A Pediatrician’s Solution," fights flaking, redness, itching, scaling, and irritation on the scalp and skin for children of all ages. These bothersome symptoms are known as dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. 1 in 3 children under the age of 5 are affected by this condition.
- Many people refer to seborrheic dermatitis as “cradle cap.” Pediatricians regularly recommend adult dandruff shampoos for this condition because they contain an active ingredient to control seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff. Until now there was no children’s seborrheic dermatitis shampoo and body wash.
- Happy Cappy is the first OTC (Over The Counter) shampoo and body wash made specifically for children of all ages with active ingredient, pyrithione zinc, which has been proven safe and effective for many decades for relief of dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. It also contains the natural ingredient Licorice Root Extract to help soothe redness behind ears, under armpits, and in neck folds.
- Happy Cappy’s gentle, fragrance free, dermatologist tested, dye free, alcohol free, paraben free, sulfate free, BPA free, and gluten free formula eliminates flaking while still leaving the skin and hair soft and smooth. Happy Cappy is cruelty free and vegan.
- Some people may see results in as few as one or two washes. However, most will see significant improvement after 1 to 2 weeks of use. People with thick scale build up, should consider leaving the shampoo on for 1-2 minutes before rinsing. People in this latter category should start to see results in 2-3 weeks. Once the scaling and flaking is under control, we suggest tapering use to 2-3 times per week. Use of a cradle cap brush is unnecessary.
- DOCTOR FORMULATED SHAMPOO: This doctor developed Scalp Relief Shampoo soothes, calms and nourishes an itchy scalp and promotes scalp repair as it cleanses, all with a prescription-free formula.
- MULTI-ACTION SCALP CARE: The scalp treatment shampoo with Therapeutic Psorzema Herbal Blend relieves a scaly, flaky and dry scalp, and the gentle Tea Tree Oil shampoo supports future scalp health.
- ALL NATURAL FORMULA: Tea Tree and Menthol help calm and cool itch for on-contact scalp relief; Salicylic Acid lifts away excess flakes and surface buildup; Aloe Vera Extract soothes irritation; and Provitamin B5 deeply hydrates and nourishes.
- DAILY HAIR CARE: This DERMA E scalp shampoo is gentle enough for daily use. For best results, massage the scalp health shampoo into wet hair and allow to penetrate for up to 5 minutes. Rinse and follow with DERMA E Scalp Relief Conditioner.
- DERMA E: Clean beauty products that harness nature’s most effective ingredients. 100% vegan and cruelty-free, our eco-ethical hair care products contain no parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, petrolatum, lanolin, gluten, soy or GMOs, and are supplied in recyclable packaging.
- Infused with Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar
- For Curly & Coily Crowns
- Balances and restores scalp health* (*with regular use)
- Sulfate-free, Paraben-free, and Dye-free *Free of SLS / SLES Sulfates and Parabens
- Healthier Scalp, Healthier Hair in 3 weeks!
- Fights microbial attacks for healthier scalp
- Purifies and detoxes oily scalp
- Combats dandruff, the cause and effect
- Meet our zinc pyrithione shampoo scalp treatment, one of Vogue's "Best Dandruff Shampoos." This soothing cleanser gets to the root of dandruff (flaking, irritation, dry scalp, itchy scalp), thanks to the active ingredient, Zinc Pyrithione. Follow with our Nourishing Conditioner to leave your hair moisturized scalp refreshed.
- Sulfate, paraben, phthalate and dye free, this clean dandruff shampoo will remove flakes from your head and shoulders, control dandruff irritation, minimize excess sebum, clear buildup, & calm the scalp.
- Jupiter products are safe for all hair types and rigorously tested to be safe for color and chemically-treated hair. Proven through clinical tests to reduce hair breakage by 30%.
- Formulated with vegan, cruelty free, innovative, & natural ingredients including Zinc Pyrithione (dermatologist-tested and FDA-listed active ingredient designed specifically to address flaking and scalp irritation), Coconut Oil (acts as a barrier to help protect your scalp from dryness while moisturizing the hair and scalp), Decylene Glycol (helps control oil production), and Algae Extract (hydrates the scalp with anti-aging properties).
- Natural Fragrance - Formulated with mint, vanilla, rosemary, sage, tangerine, and lavender essential oils, it’s spa-like scent is not of this world.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Natural Shampoos for Dandruff
When it comes to choosing the best natural shampoo for dandruff, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a natural shampoo.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best natural shampoo for dandruff.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best natural shampoo for dandruff, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best natural shampoo for dandruff, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best natural shampoo for dandruff. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the natural shampoo you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which natural shampoo you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best natural shampoo for dandruff. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best natural shampoo for your needs.
Which one of these natural shampoos are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.