With so many options, finding the best mousse for beach waves can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best mousse for beach waves. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Mousses for Beach Waves
- Hair Care
- SOFT WAVES SPRAY FOR TOUSLED HAIR: Hair texturizing spray creates tousled, grit-free beach waves with added hydration for a soft and touchable finish; Tropical banana scent
- MADE WITH DEAD SEA SALT, SEA KELP, AND ALOE: Formulated with dead sea salt, sea kelp, and aloe to help achieve those signature tousled waves that will lead everyone to believe you just spent the day relaxing at the beach
- EASY TO USE: Simply spray onto wet or dry hair from mid-length to ends, scrunch hair, and let air dry or use a diffuser for extra volume; can be sprayed onto dry hair to create style on the go.
- MADE WITH GOOD VIBES ONLY: Sulfate surfactant-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, gluten-free, dye-free, cruelty-free, and vegan; Safe for natural and color-treated hair
- NOT YOUR MOTHER'S BEACH BABE: Try other Not Your Mother's Beach Babe hair products
- "I truly love to play with people’s natural texture. A lot of times we don't even know how much potential our own hair has because we're so quick to blow it out. Air Dry Mousse is my go-to when I want to boost waves and encourage natural texture on fine to medium hair." - Kristin Ess
- Wet Styling: Whether you're looking to create hold, build volume or add texture, this collection will give you all the styling support you need. Each of these are designed to be applied to damp or towel-dried hair.
- Wave encouraging, Texture building, Non-sticky, Time saving, Light hold
- How to: Shampoo + condition in shower as usual. Detangle and towel dry after getting out of the shower. Allow hair to air dry for a few minutes so your natural pattern can start to come through. Scrunch a golf ball-sized amount throughout your hair. Continue to scrunch your hair as it dries. For better results scrunch into damp hair, not dry hair
- Cruelty free, color + keratin safe, vegan, free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates + silicones
- GODDESS VIBES: Part foam, part cream, complete curl heaven. With the hold of a mousse & the hydration of a cream, this styling blend infused with shea butter & coconut oil helps enhance & de-frizz curls.
- TIGHTEN UP TENDRILS with our Locking plus Coconut Curls styling collection. Blended with coconut oil & shea butter for smooth coils that bounce & tendrils that twist without the frizz.
- BEAUTY PURE & SIMPLE: OGX products are inspired by nature. We don’t try to make hair look “perfect” because we’d rather make hair look fuller, smoother, curlier, or bouncier & smell irresistible.
- WHAT HAIR WANTS: Whether you need quenching moisture for curly hair, protection for color treated hair, blowout cream or matte pomade, OGX hair care products are designed to bring out your best.
- REAL QUALITY, REAL BEAUTY: Unattainable looks don't inspire us but originality does. OGX hair & skin care product collections are here to help you look your best. We’re beauty, pure & simple.
- Natural extracts intensely soften and condition dry strands, leaving them silky soft – never sticky
- Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract adds luster and body to hair, while helping fortify strand
- Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract absorbs excess oil on hair and scalp, leaving hair with body and fullness
- OUAI AIR DRY FOAM. Get perfect air-dried waves without extra styling, braids, clips or buns. The lightweight foam is made with protein extracts to help condition and protect. You’ll be left with soft, touchable hair that’s never crunchy.
- YOUR NEW GO-TO. Getting beachy waves has never been easier. Massage the foam into damp hair, then scrunch upwards. Your hair will dry in the shape of soft, smooth waves free from frizz.
- OUAI (or “way”) means yes in that casual, Parisian way. We believe in effortless routines and good for you ingredients. Haircare customized to your hair type to nourish, strengthen and condition. Giving you the confidence to win life your OUAI.
- INGREDIENTS THAT GET THE JOB DONE. All OUAI products are carefully crafted to cut styling time and nourish your hair health. We put the good stuff in and leave the bad stuff out, without ever sacrificing quality. We are always trying to do better for the planet.
- FOR REAL LIFE, FOR REAL PEOPLE. Celebrity stylist Jen Atkin had used every product on the market but couldn’t find a brand she or her friends could relate to. OUAI offers luxury products at affordable prices that are user friendly- no glam squad needed.
- NATURAL WAVES WITHOUT HEAT STYLING - John Frieda Frizz Ease Styling Foam provides lightweight, air dry styling that enhances natural curls and waves without stickiness or stiffness.
- ENHANCES CURLS WITHOUT STICKINESS - Our non-sticky, smooth formula goes on soft and creates a flexible barrier around each curl so that they stay intact as they air-dry and expand.
- RELAXED STYLING FOR RELIABLE FRIZZ CONTROL - Our lightweight styling foam provides a smooth texture and defines your natural shape to leave you with the shape and voluminous waves you desire.
- SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR - Frizz Ease Styling Foam is designed for all frizz levels and safe for color treated hair.
- DEFINED, TOUCHABLE WAVES WITHOUT THE CRUNCH - This air-dry waves formula leaves your hair frizz-free, shiny and soft.
- BODY IN A BOTTLE: This sea salt hair spray beach hair spray is a great dry texturizing spray for fine hair for extra spray texture, beachy waves & volumizing spray! Hair spray to help define waves and curls & is a great mens sea salt spray for hair!
- MENS HAIR SPRAY & WOMENS HAIR TEXTURE SPRAY: This is hair spray for men or sea salt hair spray for hair men that provides a light hold and is great for all hair types. Great mens hair products volumizing hair products with a great ocean breeze scent.
- CURLY AND WAVY HAIR PRODUCTS: If your waves or curls need a little more, we have you covered. It makes a great seasalt hair texturizer spray men & women. Dry texture spray for hair volume & sea salt hair texture spray with the right amount of hold.
- A CLEAN SEA SALT SPRAY FOR HAIR WOMEN & MEN: Made in the USA with organic & natural ingredients, paraben free and color safe. Its a perfect curly hair spray, provides waves hair men, is a sea salt spray for men & texturizing spray for fine hair.
- LOVE IT OR LET US KNOW: We know you will love our hair products for men & women, whether you are looking for curl enhancing hair products or just want a little more body. As a family owned business based in Texas, your satisfaction is our guarantee.
- Year-round beach-inspired waves without salty stiffness
- Adds moisture and shine
- Light hold
- Specially designed nozzle sprays into the hair to create a wavy, piece texture
- Sodium Chloride free
- Paraben-free, sulfate-free (SLS & SLES), gluten-free, crutely-free, vegan.
- The SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Frizz-Free Curl Mousse, blended with Fair Trade Shea Butter, to make your curly hair beautiful and bouncy
- Our volumizing hair mousse enhances natural curl memory and wave pattern, and leaves no residue, creating shiny curls with high impact volume and a soft finish
- Coconut & Hibiscus curl mousse, blended with coconut and neem oil, helps to control frizz while adding a brilliant shine to your curly hair
- The frizz free hair mousse is formulated with no silicone, no sulfates, no parabens, no phthalates, no mineral oil or petrolatum. It's been tested on our family for generations and never on animals
- This hair styling mousse, blended with Silk Protein, leaves your curly hair smooth, soft and silky
- This hair mousse for curls by SheaMoisture has been tested on our family for generations and never on animals
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Mousses for Beach Waves
When it comes to choosing the best mousse for beach waves, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a mousse.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best mousse for beach waves.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best mousse for beach waves, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best mousse for beach waves, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best mousse for beach waves. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the mousse you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which mousse you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best mousse for beach waves. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best mousse for your needs.
Which one of these mousses are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.