With so many options, finding the best moisturizer for winter dry skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best moisturizer for winter dry skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Moisturizers for Winter Dry Skin
- [ DAILY MOISTURIZING LOTION ] Smooth, light-weight texture that is absorbed quickly, leaving skin feeling smooth and hydrated, never greasy
- [ LONG-LASTING HYDRATION ] Contains Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skins natural moisture and MVE technology to provide 24 hour hydration
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more
- [ GENTLE ON SKIN ] Holds National Eczema Association (NEA) Seal of Acceptance. Fragrance free, allergy-tested, non-comedogenic, and suitable for use as a body lotion, face moisturizing lotion, and/or hand lotion
- L’Oreal Paris Hydra-Renewal is a day and night facial moisturizer that is helps to hydrate dry sensitive skin
- Hydra-Renewal Continuous face moisturizer is formulated with Pro-Vitamin B5 to help protect against moisture
- Hydra-Renewal Facial moisturizer provides hydration to dry skin and leaves skin softer, healthy looking and radiant
- For best results, use this face moisturizer in the morning and night, alone or under makeup, smooth gently onto face and neck until thoroughly absorbed
- This face moisturizer is Dermatologist tested for gentleness and is non-comedogenic - does not tend to cause blocked pores
- WON’T CLOG PORES - Safe, soothing natural ingredients perfect for your baby’s gentle skin. SLS/SLES Free, Mineral oil Free, Paraben Free, and Petrochemical Free.
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENTS - Calendula, Olive Oil, Jojoba, Chamomile and Sunflower Oil, all infused to create the safest and best organic Protective Baby Balm.
- FOR DAILY USE - Our light, non-greasy and gentle texture will allow you to treat your baby with a soft cold protective balm to help protect your baby’s skin from dryness caused by wind and effects of the weather.
- ABSORBS EASILY - Baby Protective Balm is easily absorbed without clogging pores providing maximum soothing and strong protective barrier.
- USAGE INSTRUCTIONS - Apply a small amount to your baby's face and massage gently before every outing. Avoid eyes and mouth.
- This face and body lotion applies easily and gently to moisturize dry, compromised skin.
- This waterless, non-sensitizing moisturizer is suitable for dry skin, which may be typical after cosmetic and medical treatments.
- EltaMD Intense Moisturizer melts into skin and retains 90% of moisture for at least 12 hours.
- Our best-selling hyaluronic acid serum is formulated with Pure Hyaluronic Acid and 15 Mineral-Rich Vichy Volcanic Water to strengthen & repair your skin barrier
- This daily hydrating and plumping booster has been clinically tested by 175 dermatologists on 1600 women worldwide
- Safe and effective for all skin types, in a minimalist, fragrance free formula with only 11 ingredients. Alcohol free. Silicone Free
- Lightweight, fast-absorbing translucent booster
- Accepted by the National Eczema Association
- Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer is formulated with dermatologist-recommended ingredients including ceramide-3, niacinamide, glycerin and La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water
- Double action helps repair skin’s natural protective barrier after 1-hour and provide up to 48-hour hydration. Produces a unique prebiotic action on the skin microbiome and restores healthy-looking skin
- Its lightweight cream texture easily absorbs into the skin to provide immediate comfort
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive. Fragrance free, paraben free, oil free, alcohol free, non comedogenic
- Formulated with Ceramide-3: to help retain moisture and maintain a healthy skin barrier. Niacinamide: helps restore skin's moisture barrier, and visibly fading skin discolorations. Glycerin: hydrates skin
- Lightweight Moisturizer For Face: This oil free moisturizer instantly locks in moisture; With Vitamin C and Fruit Water Antioxidant Complex, this face lotion is suitable for all skin types, but is ideal for dry skin types
- Gel Texture Face Cream with Brightening Vitamin C: This face moisturizer delivers deep hydration, with a light texture that leaves skin feeling hydrated, soft, fresh and smooth
- Garnier SkinActive Moisturizer: Whether you need intense hydration to quench thirsty, dry skin, brightening Vitamin C, anti aging moisturizer with hyaluronic acid, or a moisturizer with spf, there's a Garnier SkinActive moisturizer for you
- Garnier Skin Care: We developed Garnier SkinActive with gentle formulas to leave your skin looking fresh and healthy, no matter your skin type; Find the face wash, moisturizer, bb cream, makeup remover, eye cream, serum, or mask for you
- Commited to making Garnier a greener beauty brand: As a leading global beauty brand, we aspire to create a positive impact by paving the way towards more sustainable beauty. Approved by Cruelty Free International under the Leaping Bunny Program.
- [ HYALURONIC ACID MOISTURIZER ] With hyaluronic acid, ceramides and MVE technology for 24 hour hydration. Rich, velvety texture that leaves skin feeling smooth, it is absorbed quickly for softened skin without greasy, sticky, feel.
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ DRY SKIN RELIEF ] A deficiency of ceramides in skin can often be associated with dry skin, which can feel itchy and look flaky. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream was shown to increase the skin's level of ceramides after 4 weeks.
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more. This skin care product comes with a lid seal
- [ GENTLE DAILY MOISTURIZER ] For face and body or can be used as a hand cream for dry skin relief. Holds National Eczema Association (NEA) Seal of Acceptance. Fragrance free, paraben free, allergy-tested, and non-comedogenic.
- 48 Hour Deep Nourishing: This NIVEA body lotion for dry skin and very dry skin provides 48 hours of deep nourishing moisture
- Smoother Skin: Infused with Deep Nourishing Serum and Almond Oil for skin, it reduces roughness after just one application
- Tested & Trusted: NIVEA Essentially Enriched lotion is dermatologically tested, and is ideal for those looking for a daily lotion for very dry skin
- Convenient Pump Bottle: NIVEA dry skin lotion pump bottle is a convenient option for home or office use
- Includes one (1) 16.9 fluid ounce pump bottle of NIVEA Essentially Enriched Body Lotion
- DRY SKIN NOURISHMENT - Our Curél Hydra Therapy moisturizer is activated by water on freshly-showered skin. It penetrates into the skin surface helping to repair the moisture barrier.
- LIGHTWEIGHT MOISTURIZATION - With daily shower application, your skin will feel 3 times more hydrated.
- HYDRATE DRY, ITCHY SKIN WITH NO HEAVY RESIDUE - Curél fast absorbing lotion allows for wet, in-shower application and immediate absorption so you can towel off and go.
- HELP REPAIR YOUR MOISTURE BARRIER - Curél moisturizers, with Advanced Ceramide Complex, help replenish the moisture barrier. With better moisture retention, you can help dryness.
- INTENSE MOISTURE FOR DRY, ITCHY SKIN RELIEF – Unique moisturization formulas with a long history of success, Curél Hydra Therapy moisturizers have been granted the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Moisturizers for Winter Dry Skin
When it comes to choosing the best moisturizer for winter dry skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a moisturizer.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best moisturizer for winter dry skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best moisturizer for winter dry skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best moisturizer for winter dry skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best moisturizer for winter dry skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the moisturizer you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which moisturizer you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best moisturizer for winter dry skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best moisturizer for your needs.
Which one of these moisturizers are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.