With so many options, finding the best moisturizer for sensitive skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best moisturizer for sensitive skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Moisturizers for Sensitive Skin
- 4-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Oil-Free Facial Moisturizer for sensitive skin featuring a lightweight and ultra-gentle formula that hydrates and nourishes skin
- Oil-free face lotion formula absorbs quickly into skin, eliminating dryness without leaving skin greasy or shiny. It is also non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores or cause breakouts
- Clinically proven to provide gentle yet effective moisturization. The water-based face moisturizer formula provides optimal hydration that your skin needs to look and feel soft and smooth
- Gentle hydrating moisturizer is formulated with glycerin is specially designed for sensitive skin. It features a hypoallergenic formula that is free of fragrances, alcohol, and dyes
- Apply the lightweight and non-greasy daily moisturizer all over face and neck. Can be used both morning and night, either alone or under makeup as part of a regular skincare or beauty regimen for an at-home self-care experience
- This product is non-sealed
- 1.7-ounce container of Aveeno Calm plus Restore Oat Gel Facial Moisturizer for sensitive and irritated, dry skin to instantly hydrate, soothe and replenish skin's moisture barrier while leaving it resilient
- This product is non-sealed
- Ideal for sensitive skincare, the daily face moisturizer is fragrance-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free, dye-free, phthalate-free, tested on sensitive skin and it's non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores
- Suitable for daily use in a regular skincare routine, the hydrating gel cream comes from Aveeno, a dermatologist recommended brand
- Sensitive moisturizer: Vanicream fragrance-free daily face moisturizer is a lightweight, gluten-free moisturizer for sensitive skin
- Mild formula: This unscented, hydrating moisturizer is formulated with 5 key ceramides, hyaluronic acid, squalane and glycerin; non-comedogenic won’t clog pores
- No common chemical irritants: Our products are free of dyes, fragrance, masking fragrance, lanolin, parabens and formaldehyde releasers
- Dermatologist tested: Dermatologists consider our ingredients to be desirable and not irritating or sensitizing to the skin
- Directions: Apply as needed to face day or night; packaging may vary
- CETAPHIL DAILY HYDRATING LOTION FOR COMBINATION SKIN: Instantly hydrates and locks in moisture for 24 hours to protect skin from dryness
- IMMEDIATE AND INTENSE HYDRATION: Hyaluronic acid and powerful moisturizing agents provide long lasting hydration
- FAST ABSORBING, LIGHTWEIGHT FORMULA: Non-greasy moisturizer won't clog pores
- NO ADDED FRAGRANCE AND HYPOALLERGENIC: Clinically tested to be gentle on combination, sensitive skin
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All CETAPHIL products are effective yet non-irritating
- FACE MOISTURIZER: Create a luminous and more hydrated complexion with Burt's Bees sensitive skin face moisturizer cream, perfect for sensitive skin that gently leaves you with your smoothest skin yet; package may vary
- SENSITIVE SKIN: Burt’s Bees sensitive skin face moisturizer cream is clinically shown to provide moisture and hydration without causing redness or irritation, leaving your skin refreshed
- NATURAL FACE LOTION: Infused with rice extracts and aloe vera, Burt’s Bees 98.9% natural origin moisturizing fragrance-free sensitive face lotion provides hydration and won't clog pores for healthy-looking skin
- DERMATOLOGIST TESTED: Burt’s Bees hypoallergenic moisturizer cream for sensitive skin is Dermatologist and allergy tested, and was Awarded National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance
- BURT'S BEES SKIN CARE: Use Burt’s Bees naturally moisturizing face cream as part of your daily Burt's Bees sensitive 5 product face care regimen for a healthier looking complexion
- Based on a September 2021 NielsenIQ national survey of U.S. Dermatologists
- Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 35: Three-in-one facial moisturizer hydrates, nourishes and protects sensitive, combination skin
- Daily SPF Protection: Broad spectrum SPF 35 protects against damaging UVA and UVB rays
- Long Lasting Hydration: Edelweiss flower extract nourishes to repair the skin barrier
- Fast Absorbing, Lightweight Formula: Non-greasy, fragrance free and paraben free formula will no't clog pores
- Designed for Sensitive Skin: All Cetaphil products are effective yet non-irritating
- CETAPHIL BODY MOISTURIZING CREAM FOR DRY TO VERY DRY SKIN: Instantly replenishes, intensely nourishes and soothes skin dryness for 48 hours
- CLINICALLY PROVEN TO RESTORE SKIN'S MOISTURE BARRIER IN 1 WEEK: Binds water to the skin, preventing moisture loss to hydrate and protect skin from dryness
- NEW AND IMPROVED INGREDIENT BLEND: Now with hydrating glycerin and skin essential vitamins B5 (panthenol) and B3 (niacinamide)
- DEVELOPED FOR EVEN THE MOST SENSITIVE SKIN: The hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic formula is free of fragrances, parabens and sulfates
- DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED for Sensitive Skin
- MOISTURIZING CREAM is enriched with Jellyfish Extract, Hydrolyzed Sponges, and Pearls. Its delightfully soft texture and outstanding moisturizing effects make skin firmer while fine lines and wrinkles less visible. Hence, it gives skin a more vibrant and radiant appearance.
- MADE WITH PREMIUM INGREDIENTS: Sodium Hyaluronate - helps attract moisture in skin cells as well as reduce dryness and flaking by increasing skin hydration. Beta-Glucan - helps lock in hydration and prevents moisture loss, resulting in smoother and more supple skin, a strengthened skin barrier, and neutralized free radicals. Allantoin - moisturizes skin to prevent dryness and irritation while being suitable for sensitive skin. Arginine - keeps your skin firm, plump, and smooth.
- VISIBLE RESULTS: moisturized skin; reduced dryness and sensitivity; less visible fine lines and wrinkles; plumping effect; healthy and radiant skin.
- HOW TO USE: Put some cream on the back of your hand. Then, use your ring finger to make small dots all over your face, avoiding the under-eye area. Gently smooth out the product until absorbed.
- WARNING: This product contains sponge spicules, which make numerous tiny punctures to stimulate collagen and elastin production. Therefore, a tingling sensation during product application is a normal reaction.
- This face and body lotion applies easily and gently to moisturize dry, compromised skin.
- This waterless, non-sensitizing moisturizer is suitable for dry skin, which may be typical after cosmetic and medical treatments.
- EltaMD Intense Moisturizer melts into skin and retains 90% of moisture for at least 12 hours.
- Helps in 5 Weeks: This Eucerin moisturizer helps to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles in as little as 5 weeks (after twice daily usage)
- Free Of: Eucerin Q10 face cream for wrinkles is fragrance, alcohol and dye free, and can be used alone or under make-up
- Enriched Face Cream: This Eucerin Anti Wrinkle Face Cream is enriched with Vitamin E, Beta-Carotene, and Coenzyme Q10
- Gentle On Skin: Eucerin Q10 Anti Wrinkle non-comedogenic skin care cream is gentle and non-irritating
- Includes one (1) 1.7 ounce jar of Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Cream for Face
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Moisturizers for Sensitive Skin
When it comes to choosing the best moisturizer for sensitive skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a moisturizer.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best moisturizer for sensitive skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best moisturizer for sensitive skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best moisturizer for sensitive skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best moisturizer for sensitive skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the moisturizer you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which moisturizer you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best moisturizer for sensitive skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best moisturizer for your needs.
Which one of these moisturizers are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.