With so many options, finding the best moisturizer for sensitive skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best moisturizer for sensitive skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Moisturizers for Sensitive Skin
- 1.7-ounce container of Aveeno Calm + Restore Oat Gel Facial Moisturizer for sensitive and irritated, dry skin to instantly hydrate, soothe and replenish skin's moisture barrier while leaving it resilient
- This product is non-sealed
- Ideal for sensitive skincare, the daily face moisturizer is fragrance-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free, dye-free, phthalate-free, tested on sensitive skin and it's non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores
- Suitable for daily use in a regular skincare routine, the hydrating gel cream comes from Aveeno, a dermatologist recommended brand
- 4-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Oil-Free Facial Moisturizer for sensitive skin featuring a lightweight and ultra-gentle formula that hydrates and nourishes skin
- Oil-free face lotion formula absorbs quickly into skin, eliminating dryness without leaving skin greasy or shiny. It is also non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores or cause breakouts
- Clinically proven to provide gentle yet effective moisturization. The water-based moisturizer formula provides optimal hydration that your skin needs to look and feel soft and smooth
- Gentle daily moisturizer is formulated with glycerin is specially designed for sensitive skin. It features a hypoallergenic formula that is free of fragrances, alcohol, and dyes
- Apply the lightweight and non-greasy moisturizer all over face and neck. Can be used both morning and night, either alone or under makeup as part of a regular skincare or beauty regimen for an at-home self-care experience
- Sensitive moisturizer: Vanicream fragrance-free daily face moisturizer is a lightweight, gluten-free moisturizer for sensitive skin
- Mild formula: This unscented, hydrating moisturizer is formulated with 5 key ceramides, hyaluronic acid, squalane and glycerin; non-comedogenic won’t clog pores
- No common chemical irritants: Our products are free of dyes, fragrance, masking fragrance, lanolin, parabens and formaldehyde releasers
- Dermatologist tested: Dermatologists consider our ingredients to be desirable and not irritating or sensitizing to the skin
- Directions: Apply as needed to face day or night; packaging may vary
- Moisturize and soothe: Use our body cream to hydrate, restore and maintain a normal moisture level for relief from irritated, cracking or itchy skin
- Ingredients for sensitive skin: Free of dyes, fragrance, masking fragrance, lanolin, parabens and formaldehyde releasers; this non-comedogenic skin cream won’t clog pores
- Directions: Apply moisturizer as often as needed to face, hands, feet and body or as directed by a physician. Ideal for the entire family.
- Dermatologist tested: Awarded Seal of Acceptance from the National Eczema Association
- Please note: There are no fragrances or masking fragrances in Vanicream products, but there may be a slightly different aroma to each batch; packaging may vary
- CETAPHIL DAILY HYDRATING LOTION FOR COMBINATION SKIN: Instantly hydrates and locks in moisture for 24 hours to protect skin from dryness
- IMMEDIATE AND INTENSE HYDRATION: Hyaluronic acid and powerful moisturizing agents provide long lasting hydration
- FAST ABSORBING, LIGHTWEIGHT FORMULA: Non-greasy moisturizer won't clog pores
- NO ADDED FRAGRANCE AND HYPOALLERGENIC: Clinically tested to be gentle on combination, sensitive skin
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All CETAPHIL products are effective yet non-irritating
- FROM THE #1 DOCTOR RECOMMENDED SENSITIVE SKINCARE BRAND
- FACE MOISTURIZER: Create a luminous and more hydrated complexion with Burt's Bees sensitive skin face moisturizer cream, perfect for sensitive skin that gently leaves you with your smoothest skin yet; package may vary
- SENSITIVE SKIN: Burt’s Bees sensitive skin face moisturizer cream is clinically shown to provide moisture and hydration without causing redness or irritation, leaving your skin refreshed
- NATURAL FACE LOTION: Infused with rice extracts and aloe vera, Burt’s Bees 98.9% natural origin moisturizing fragrance-free sensitive face lotion provides hydration and won't clog pores for healthy-looking skin
- DERMATOLOGIST TESTED: Burt’s Bees hypoallergenic moisturizer cream for sensitive skin is Dermatologist and allergy tested, and was Awarded National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance
- BURT'S BEES SKIN CARE: Use Burt’s Bees naturally moisturizing face cream as part of your daily Burt's Bees sensitive 5 product face care regimen for a healthier looking complexion
- Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer is formulated with dermatologist-recommended ingredients including ceramide-3, niacinamide, glycerin and La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water
- Double action helps repair skin’s natural protective barrier after 1-hour and provide up to 48-hour hydration. Produces a unique prebiotic action on the skin microbiome and restores healthy-looking skin
- Its lightweight cream texture easily absorbs into the skin to provide immediate comfort
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive. Fragrance free, paraben free, oil free, alcohol free, non comedogenic
- Formulated with Ceramide-3: to help retain moisture and maintain a healthy skin barrier. Niacinamide: helps restore skin's moisture barrier, and visibly fading skin discolorations. Glycerin: hydrates skin
- 18-fluid ounces of Aveeno Skin Relief Fragrance-Free Moisturizing Body Lotion with a soothing triple oat and shea butter formula helps heal very dry skin and provides clinically proven relief for itchy, dry skin with 48-hour moisture
- The dimethicone skin protectant with a soothing triple oat and hydrating shea butter formula, which includes oat flour, oat extract and oat oil, that provides soothing relief for itchy, dry skin and locks in long-lasting moisture
- The non-greasy, non-comedogenic formula of this skin relief moisturizing lotion has been allergy tested and is specially formulated for sensitive skin and is free of fragrances, parabens and dyes
- Gentle enough for use on sensitive skin, this unscented daily lotion is rich, yet fast-absorbing and helps heal itchy, very dry skin with 48-hour moisture
- From the dermatologist-recommended skincare brand for over 70 years, Aveeno uses the goodness of nature and the power of science to keep your skin looking healthy and feeling balanced
- L’Oreal Paris Hydra-Renewal is a day and night facial moisturizer that is helps to hydrate dry sensitive skin
- Hydra-Renewal Continuous face moisturizer is formulated with Pro-Vitamin B5 to help protect against moisture
- Hydra-Renewal Facial moisturizer provides hydration to dry skin and leaves skin softer, healthy looking and radiant
- For best results, use this face moisturizer in the morning and night, alone or under makeup, smooth gently onto face and neck until thoroughly absorbed
- This face moisturizer is Dermatologist tested for gentleness and is non-comedogenic - does not tend to cause blocked pores
- DEEP MOISTURIZING CREAM: This unscented sensitive skin moisturizer helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles for a more youthful complexion as it calms skin discomfort and hydrates dry, dehydrated skin.
- SOOTHE SENSITIVE SKIN: The fragrance free daily facial cream protects skin as it moisturizes, reducing redness and irritation. An ideal face lotion for those with sensitive skin or rosacea.
- ALL NATURAL FORMULA: Packed full of powerful natural ingredients: Pycnogenol reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles; and Vitamins A, C and E replenish, nourish brighten and support collagen health.
- DAILY SKIN CARE: For best results, apply the face cream to the entire face and neck in light upward strokes, morning and evening. The day moisturizer may be used under make-up.
- DERMA E: Clean beauty products that harness nature’s most effective ingredients. 100% vegan and cruelty-free, our eco-ethical skin care products contain no parabens, sulfates, mineral oil, petrolatum, lanolin, gluten, soy or GMOs, and are supplied in recyclable packaging.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Moisturizers for Sensitive Skin
When it comes to choosing the best moisturizer for sensitive skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a moisturizer.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best moisturizer for sensitive skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best moisturizer for sensitive skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best moisturizer for sensitive skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best moisturizer for sensitive skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the moisturizer you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which moisturizer you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best moisturizer for sensitive skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best moisturizer for your needs.
Which one of these moisturizers are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.