With so many options, finding the best moisturizer for oily skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best moisturizer for oily skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Moisturizers for Oily Skin
- CETAPHIL DERMACONTROL OIL ABSORBING MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 30: Hydrates skin while leaving a matte finish
- 4-IN-1 FORMULA FOR SENSITIVE, OILY SKIN: Helps absorb oil, reduce shine, hydrate and provide sun protection
- RECOMMENDED BY SKIN CANCER FOUNDATION: Broad spectrum SPF 30 protects against UVA and UVB rays
- LIGHTWEIGHT & OIL FREE WITH NO ADDED FRAGRANCE: Absorbs quickly for long lasting hydration without clogging pores
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All CETAPHIL products are effective yet non-irritating
- Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer is formulated with dermatologist-recommended ingredients including ceramide-3, niacinamide, glycerin and La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water
- Double action helps repair skin’s natural protective barrier after 1-hour and provide up to 48-hour hydration. Produces a unique prebiotic action on the skin microbiome and restores healthy-looking skin
- Its lightweight cream texture easily absorbs into the skin to provide immediate comfort
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive. Fragrance free, paraben free, oil free, alcohol free, non comedogenic
- Formulated with Ceramide-3: to help retain moisture and maintain a healthy skin barrier. Niacinamide: helps restore skin's moisture barrier, and visibly fading skin discolorations. Glycerin: hydrates skin
- HYDRATES & CLEARS BREAKOUTS: Shine-free hydration with .5% Salicylic Acid clears and prevents breakouts while improving tone and texture in sensitive skin
- BOTANICAL & PREBIOTIC COMPLEX SOOTHES ACNE REDNESS: Formulated with botanicals and prebiotic complex to help nourish skin and soothe acne redness
- DEFENDS AGAINST FIVE SIGNS OF SKIN SENSITIVITY: Defends against five signs of skin sensitivity including a weakened skin barrier, irritation, roughness, tightness, and dryness
- FROM THE #1 Doctor Recommended Sensitive Skincare Brand FACIAL SKINCARE BRAND
- DEFENDS AGAINST 5 SIGNS OF SKIN SENSITIVITY: Dryness, irritation, roughness, tightness and a weakened skin barrier
- This mattifying moisturizer for oily skin targets excess oil to mattify skin and refine pores. Formulated with micro-exfoliating LHAs lipo-hydroxy acid, this oil-free face moisturizer hydrates skin while leaving it looking and feeling matte
- Mattifying moisturizer visibly reduces the look of pores, pore minimizer. Sebulyse technology provides dual action targeting by reducing shine and large pores
- Face moisturizer for oily skin smooths skin texture. Excellent base for make-up. Dermatologist tested, paraben free, non comedogenic, oil free, and allergy tested
- 4 week consumer test results showed 96% felt skin was immediately mattified and less oily, 94% felt skin texture was refined
- Formulated with Lipo Hydroxy Acid (LHA) with exfoliating and skin renewing properties, Perlite to absorb excess oil for matte finish, Silica for soft focus effect, and glycerin to hydrate
- Helps neutralize shine for lastingly matte, clear and balanced skin
- Pores are tightened and less visible
- Light, oil free formula and leaves skin feeling fresh
- Helps clear sebum clogged pores at the source
- Non comedogenic
- Toleriane Double Repair Matte Face Moisturizer for oily skin is formulated with a high concentration of La Roche-Posay prebiotic thermal water, ceramide-3, niacinamide, and glycerin to help restore healthy-looking skin
- Lightweight gel face moisturizer texture quickly absorbs into skin, providing a unique double-action: all-day hydration without the shine and skin barrier repair after 1 hour.
- This dermatologist-tested, oil-free moisturizer also helps to improve skin texture, reduce fine lines, and decrease the size of visible pores.
- All day hydration without the shine. Helps repair the skin barrier after 1 hour. Minimizes the size of visible pores. Improves skin texture and reduces fine lines
- Formulated with Niacinamide to help soothe and visibly fade skin discolorations and perite and silica to help absorb oil for matte finish.
- Made in Korea
- Enriched with Tea Tree Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Extract, and Cica Extract. Kiss New York’s Tea Tree Face Moisturizer provides hydration and won’t clog pores for healthy-looking skin
- This Kiss New York moisturizer is a hydrating facial lotion that spreads easily, is absorbed quickly, and leaves a non-greasy finish
- Recommended for daily use. Suitable for sensitive skin, oily skin, and acne-prone skin
- Youthful skin is always in. This face moisturizer helps renew skin for a beautiful, healthy glow
- Dermatologist recommended brand – From the makers of the dermatologist-recommended PanOxyl Acne Wash
- Oil and Shine Control –Absorbs excess oil for a matte finish
- Daily moisturizer – Locks in hydration with hyaluronic acid
- Mineral broad spectrum UVA / UVB sunscreen – Contains no chemical active sunscreen ingredients for UV protection that’s gentle on skin
- Antioxidants super blend – Nourishes skin with green tea extract and caffeine
- 4-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Facial Moisturizer with a light pink grapefruit scent. It is formulated with 0.5% salicylic acid acne medication to clear breakouts
- This facial moisturizer has a lightweight texture that absorbs quickly to moisturize skin and prevents emerging breakouts without a greasy feel
- Face moisturizer is infused with pink grapefruit scent and includes naturally derived grapefruit extract and is suitable for daily use in a regular acne skincare routine
- Moisturizer is especially formulated for acne-prone skin and contains salicylic acid acne medication, proven acne-fighting ingredient to help treat acne. Its water-based formula is oil-free, non-greasy, and non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores
- For best use, clean skin thoroughly before applying a thin layer of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Facial Moisturizer one to three times daily to moisturize skin and treat breakouts in one step
- 4-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Oil-Free Facial Moisturizer for sensitive skin featuring a lightweight and ultra-gentle formula that hydrates and nourishes skin
- Oil-free face lotion formula absorbs quickly into skin, eliminating dryness without leaving skin greasy or shiny. It is also non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores or cause breakouts
- Clinically proven to provide gentle yet effective moisturization. The water-based moisturizer formula provides optimal hydration that your skin needs to look and feel soft and smooth
- Gentle daily moisturizer is formulated with glycerin is specially designed for sensitive skin. It features a hypoallergenic formula that is free of fragrances, alcohol, and dyes
- Apply the lightweight and non-greasy moisturizer all over face and neck. Can be used both morning and night, either alone or under makeup as part of a regular skincare or beauty regimen for an at-home self-care experience
- Micropearl technology absorbs surface oil for a matte finish
- Oleosome technology uses a low concentration of sunscreen filters for minimal irritation while providing significant hydration
- Broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 protection in an oil-free and lightweight, formula that won't clog pores
- Dermatologist-developed for people with oily skin to be non-greasy, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, fragrance free
- Provides the broad spectrum SPF protection as recommended by dermatologists for use with Differin Gel (0.1% Adapalene)
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Moisturizers for Oily Skin
When it comes to choosing the best moisturizer for oily skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a moisturizer.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best moisturizer for oily skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best moisturizer for oily skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best moisturizer for oily skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best moisturizer for oily skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the moisturizer you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which moisturizer you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best moisturizer for oily skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best moisturizer for your needs.
Which one of these moisturizers are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.