With so many options, finding the best moisturizer for dry scalp can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best moisturizer for dry scalp. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Moisturizers for Dry Scalp
- Help remove buildup with a burst of freshness with this tea tree & mint dry scalp treatment Blended with peppermint, tea tree oil & witch hazel, it invigorates the senses while removing residue
- MINTY REFRESH AND RESET: This 4 ounce bottle of OGX Extra Strength Refreshing plus Teatree Mint Dry Scalp Treatment helps remove residue from hair and scalp without stripping strands
- TINGLING SCALP SENSATION: Ideal for all hair texture and moisture types, the nourishing dry scalp treatment features a lightweight blend that removes buildup while leaving the scalp feeling balanced and healthy, and hair looking shiny and hydrated
- HAIR CARE INSPIRED BY NATURE: The unique formula of this non-medicated scalp solution is infused with tea tree oil to invigorate the scalp, peppermint extract to awaken the senses, and the natural astringent witch hazel, which helps remove buildup. Health Concern: Hair, Skin, Nails
- ENGAGE THE SENSES: Experience a burst of freshness and a sweet peppermint, iced vanilla and tea tree scent for hair that smells fresh and invigorated Plus this sulfate-free surfactant hair care system is paraben-free and gentle on your locks
- ✅ Lightweight hydration formula for the scalp – deeply conditions dry scalp & strengthens hair – use after shampooing & conditioning hair & before drying & styling – and/or use separately as a moisturizer several times – daily during the week, non-greasy, absorbs nicely – helps protect your hair & promotes healthier, fuller hair
- ✅ Nutrient-rich formula – packed with natural ingredients – formulated for the modern, health-conscious woman: Willow Bark Extract – powerful exfoliant, eliminates flakes & dandruff, clears excess oil out of skin pores, has anti-inflammatory properties, helps stop itching & maintain healthy oil balance; Coconut Oil – nourishes scalp, adds natural, protective moisture to the scalp & hair, reduces hair breakage & split ends, promotes softness, contains antioxidants & healthy fatty acids
- ✅ Ceramides – natural lipid fats, enhance shine, promote elasticity & moisture retention, help smooth textured hair, strengthen hair, very beneficial to chemically treated hair; Other natural ingredients – shea butter, aloe vera, German chamomile flower, soybean seed & honey extracts
- ✅ Proven effective – independent study found: 97% of participants who used LivSo treatment for 12 weeks preferred it to other dry hair & scalp products; 91% showed improvement in scalp condition after just 4 weeks; 78% average scalp improvement among all study participants
- ✅ LivSo Moisturizing Scalp Lotion – not medication or treatment for medical disorder; contains alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) – to exfoliate & soothe inflamed skin – AHA may increase your skin’s sun sensitivity – best to use sunscreen & limit exposure to direct sun over long periods of time
- HAIR GREASE: This citrus scented shine pomade moisturizes frizzy and dull hair, hydrates scalp, smoothes edges and controls hair waves; It’s sure to become a part of your daily maintenance for beautiful, healthy hair
- MOISTURIZE AND DEFINE: The lightweight formula enhances thick curly hair that adds shine and sheen; start seeing results that go a long way after using product after just a couple weeks; Great for dry and brittle hair providing softness
- NOURISH NATURALLY CURLY HAIR: From the short-cropped 4c curly hairstyle to 1c waves, we use the ingredients your curls crave, leaving little residue and a soft finish; contains no parabens, silicones, petrolatum, mineral oil, or artificial colors
- HOW TO USE: Place a small amount into the palm of your hands and rub together. Gently work into your damp or dry hair and scalp. Can be used as a moisturizer (itch relief), a heat-styling aid, or great for daily maintenance on children’s hair
- COILY, CURLY, WAVY HAIR PRODUCTS: Carol’s Daughter Collection created for natural hair with 4C, 4B, 4A, 3C, 3B, 3A, 2C, 2B, 2A curl types; Complete the routine with: Curly Hair Shampoo and Conditioner set, Leave in Conditioner, Hair Mask and Hair Oil
- BLACK WOMAN FOUNDED: Lisa Price founded Carol's Daughter in her Brooklyn kitchen in 1993 with a mother's love and encouragement; Today we carry a full line of textured hair care products for women and men to care for all waves, curls and coils
- 【ESSENTIAL FOR SKIN CARE】 Our multipurpose pure jojoba oil are what will keep you in a healthy state including your Hair, Face, & Skin. Powerfully pure natural makeup remover oil, dirt and remained makeup, fade dull and yellowish tone, inhibit melanin deposit. Importantly, it’s gentle enough to be used on the most sensitive skin.
- 【HAIR CARE】 1.Makes the hair grow longer & thicker in short time, also prevents hair loss. 2. Our jojoba oil for hair growth is rich in multivitamins, E and B complexes and minerals strengthening proteins to help improve texture and prevent splitting, do help to hydrate & soften hair, give deep nourishment to hair, control sebum, maintain healthy scalp, strengthen hair shine and moisturize dry hair with less frizz,hair loss and breakage. 3. Stop itches & control the dandruff produces.
- 【MAKEUP REMOVER & CUTICLES MOISTURIZER】1. Our pure jojoba oil hydrates nail beds, cuticles, and the surrounding skin, which promotes healthy nail growth. As a result, nails are less likely to break and peel, resulting in longer, healthier nails. Also soften dry hands and hard skin on the feet. 2. An excellent makeup remover, just put it on a cotton pad and you can use. What's more, it can moisturize skin. What's more, it can help reduce wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, and other aging spots.
- 【BODY MOISTURIZER】 1.Our purify essential oil is a fantastic choice for an all-over body moisturizer. The nourishing ingredients make the skin smooth and supple. Just apply after a shower or bath to lock in moisture. 2.Improving skin conditions, fighting breakouts, acne& pimples, reducing facial oiliness, and being an amazing natural beauty product for men and women. 3.Promotes skin hydration & elasticity, tone skin&soothe skin dryness.Can be your massage daily skin care routine!
- 【EASY TO USE】 Take a small amount of 100% Pure Moisturizing Oil to the scalp，hair, body，beard，eyebrows or eyelashes，massage with fingers for 2-3 minutes until absorbed.You will feel it can nourish and repair damaged hair and remove excess oil. What's more, your skin will get better and better after using it for two weeks.
- WHO IT’S FOR: Those with a dry, flaky, itchy scalp. For men and women. For all hair types.
- WHAT IT IS: A scalp treatment mask that nourishes and soothes an itchy, irritated, flaky scalp.
- WHAT IT DOES: Increases scalp hydration and restores vital moisture post-exfoliation.
- HIGHLIGHTED INGREDIENTS: Binchotan charcoal detoxifies and aloe vera and hyaluronic acid hydrates.
- SAFE FOR: Color treated, keratin treated, chemically-treated, and relaxed hair.
- Dry Scalp Treatment - Try our dry scalp care shampoo and scalp cleanser for build up with tea tree oil that deeply cleanses and hydrates to wash away impurities for cleaner looking vibrant hair
- Dandruff Tip - One of the best ways to avoid flaking and itchy scalp is to ditch your artificial dandruff shampoo with damaging sulfates and choose one with gentler more hydrating natural ingredients
- Essential Oils for Hair Care - Go clean with our purifying shampoo with cedarwood essential oil and tea tree oil for hair that naturally nourishes the hair for hair that looks and feels amazing
- Hair Clarifying Treatment - Meet our popular clarifying shampoo sulfate free formula for a tea tree hair and scalp treatment with cedarwood that can help give your hair the boost it needs
- Maple Holistics Quality - We know that real ingredients is the best way to get real results which is why we infuse high quality natural ingredients without sulfates parabens and other icky additives
- A LUXURIOUS TREATMENT OIL: This natural multi-use oil can be used on your body, hair, face, hands and nails. An organic blend this oil delivers firming, smoothing and brightening effects while supporting the skin's natural cell metabolism and helps revitalize skin from beneath the surface. Improving the appearance of uneven skin tones, dry and aging skin. Our long lasting formula is safe and gentle enough for all skin types.
- REJUVENATE YOUR FINGERTIPS: With our effective moisturizing treatment oil treat your dry cracked hands caused by weather or excessive work. Our treatment provides your hands with extra nourishment with the power of Vitamin E strengthening your nails and cuticles. Apply to your cuticles once a day and watch as it repairs and protects providing long-lasting comfort.
- POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS: Proven to moisturize, nourish and soothe skin. Vitamin E strengthens skin cells while moisturizing and promoting the skin's natural elasticity all while acting as a natural anti-aging nutrient within your body. Vitamin E is packed with potent antioxidants that help to reverse the signs of aging, scarring, dark sun spots, and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles giving your skin a radiant and glowing look.
- FORMULATED with 100% PURE PLANT EXTRACTS: By opting for natural and organic skincare, you are choosing to nourish your skin with the healthiest available ingredients free of toxins. Our plant-based ingredients are rich in phytonutrients and are associated with an array of health benefits. Our versatile oil made from natural, organic and vegan ingredients is a safe yet effective addition to your skin care regimen. Cruelty-Free, Free of parabens, phthalates, alcohol, and other harmful chemicals.
- MADE IN THE USA: Adopting practices and selecting products that emphasize the preservation of natural resources fosters a sustainable mindset. Here at Provence Beauty we don't compromise ingredients to save money. We are hands-on and will stay true to our ethos. Our products are designed, tested, and made in the United States.
- DAILY PROTECTION: Common toxins such as pollution or sun exposure can cause further damage to skin and hair. Argan Oil adds an extra layer of protection against environmental factors.
- SALON-LIKE TREATMENT: Argan Oil for hair locks in natural moisture by boosting superior hydration levels. Its penetrating vitamins tame frizzy, brittle hair from roots to ends, and balances hair oil production.
- SKIN NOURISHMENT: Helps reduce redness and skin irritation with its anti-aging properties. A non-comedogenic facial oil that is not too oily on the skin.
- VERSATILE MOISTURIZER: It's not just Argan Oil for face but it works for your body too. The only and best moisturizer to treat your skin, face, hair and nails to its softest and supplest conditions the way nature intended.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: We offer a satisfaction guarantee.
- A multitasking hair treatment infused with argan oil to promote a healthier look and feel. Use as a styling routine foundation or to refresh second-day strands
- Conditions, smooths frizz and flyaways, detangles, and boosts shine by up to 118%.*
- Maximum hydration for natural hair: get the beautiful hair you desire with our butter cream Daily Moisturizer uses shea butter to lock in moisture from the root to the tip of every strand of hair
- Promotes hair growth: This everyday moisturizer has Vitamin E Oil to encourage hair growth while preventing hair loss It does this by enabling better blood flow to the scalp
- Improves shine and softness: due to the vitamin E Oil and cocoa butter being used directly on the hair It begins to condition the hair making it more lustrous and stronger than ever
- Reduces frizz and fly aways: our butter cream reduces frizz by smoothing the hair's cuticle, adding natural shine and softness without leaving the hair greasy or heavy
- Great for styling: can also be used as a setting cream to create soft, smooth and shiny two strand twist and twist-outs
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Moisturizers for Dry Scalp
When it comes to choosing the best moisturizer for dry scalp, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a moisturizer.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best moisturizer for dry scalp.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best moisturizer for dry scalp, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best moisturizer for dry scalp, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best moisturizer for dry scalp. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the moisturizer you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which moisturizer you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best moisturizer for dry scalp. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best moisturizer for your needs.
Which one of these moisturizers are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.