With so many options, finding the best moisturizer for black skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best moisturizer for black skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Moisturizers for Black Skin
- SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer is a face lotion, dry skin moisturizer and cream that keeps skin hydrated while balancing oily to combination skin
- This lightweight lotion for dry skin is a paraben free travel size lotion that combines ethically sourced Shea Butter with moisture-rich oils to use as a moisturizing cream or hand lotion
- Blended with Black soap and fair trade Shea Butter, this moisturizing lotion and hand lotion creates a rich dry skin lotion and moisturizer
- Meet SheaMoisture's carefully formulated dry skin cream, moisturizing lotion and hand care that contains no parabens, no phthalates and no mineral oil
- You can also use this skin moisturizer by SheaMoisture as a hand therapy dry skin moisturizer or moisturizing lotion for dry skin or as a sensitive skin lotion every day
- Enjoy our shea butter moisturizing cream and skin moisturizer for dry skin that's a paraben free lotion by SheaMoisture that has been tested on our family for generations and never on animals
- Cool moisture body lotion with special cooling ingredients calm and refresh overheated skin
- Skin feels restored without stickiness or greasiness
- For normal to all skin types
- Special cooling ingredients calm and refresh overheated skin, making it perfect for application after shower, sports or workout; skin feels restored without stickiness or greasiness
- Macadamia Nut Oil hydrates skin and slows moisture loss
- Vitamin E, a potent antioxidant, helps protect cells from free radical damage
- Jojoba Oil penetrates below the surface to keep skin supple and hydrated
- Glycerin maintains skin's natural moisture balance
- Bursting with goodness of natural extracts that help leave the skin lighter, firmer, and smoother.
- Essential Black Seed Oil deeply absorbs into your skin, providing the required nutrients and moisture.
- Reduces and controls excess oil to ensure the correct moisture balance.
- This product is non-sealed
- Packaging may vary: 1.7-ounce jar of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Daily gel-cream face moisturizer with hyaluronic acid instantly quenches extra-dry skin and keeps it looking smooth, supple and hydrated day after day
- The unique facial moisturizing gel-cream absorbs quickly, like a gel, but has the long-lasting, intense moisturizing power of a cream, for even extra dry skin. It boosts skin's hydration and locks it in all day
- Gel cream for dry skin is formulated with hyaluronic acid, a hydrator recognized by dermatologists found naturally in the skin that binds to water and holds it within skin's surface for more supple, smooth skin
- From a dermatologist-recommended brand, daily hydrating face moisturizer features a non-comedogenic formula that won't clog pores. Its oil-free, dye-free and fragrance-free formula relieves intense dryness and provides long-lasting moisturizing power
- Designed with the Earth in mind. We've removed the window and plastic tray from this carton for easier recycling.
- A comforting moisturizing cream that provides skin with intense hydration, leaving it supple, smooth, and deeply nourished.
- Provides dry, flaky, and dull skin with intense 26-hour hydration, leaving it supple, smooth, and deeply nourished.
- Apply as needed to face and neck. Can be used morning and night. For a midday moisture boost, tap gently onto skin.
- In this Shea Moisture Hydrating Gelee face moisturizer, African Black Soap and Bamboo Charcoal clarifies and infuses lightweight moisture; use as and anti aging moisturizer and moisturizing cream.
- Made with Shea Butter and a moisture-rich blend, this face moisturizer creates an acne face moisturizer, gel skin cream and facial lotion that gives oily, blemish-prone skin clarifying balance.
- Also made with Cooling Aloe, this face lotion and moisturizer for oily skin, moisturizing cream or gel face serum soothes and nourishes, leaving skin feeling hydrated, smooth and refreshed.
- After cleansing and toning, apply this hydrating face cream, night face cream and sensitive skin moisturizer onto face and neck with upward motions; make it your daily face moisturizer.
- This gel face cream has no Parabens, Phthalates, Mineral Oil, Sulfates, plus our face lotion and anti-aging cream moisturizer has no Animal Testing.
- Ideal for daily use, this lightweight moisturizer is an advanced facial treatment product with a built in broad spectrum sunscreen, SPF 20
- Advanced moisturizing complex locks moisture into the skin and forms a protective barrier to retain moisture
- Blue algae extract, a rich source of vitamin E, helps keep skin supple and reduce inflammation and redness
- Sea parsley, a potent anti-irritant, contains a combination of naturally occurring vitamins (A & C) and minerals which work together to improve skin appearance
- Phospholipids bind moisture to the skin and support the natural skin barrier
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Moisturizers for Black Skin
When it comes to choosing the best moisturizer for black skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a moisturizer.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best moisturizer for black skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best moisturizer for black skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best moisturizer for black skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which moisturizer you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best moisturizer for black skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best moisturizer for your needs.
Which one of these moisturizers are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.