With so many options, finding the best moisturizer for black skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best moisturizer for black skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Moisturizers for Black Skin
- In this Shea Moisture Hydrating Gelee face moisturizer, African Black Soap and Bamboo Charcoal clarifies and infuses lightweight moisture; use as and anti aging moisturizer and moisturizing cream.
- Made with Shea Butter and a moisture-rich blend, this face moisturizer creates an acne face moisturizer, gel skin cream and facial lotion that gives oily, blemish-prone skin clarifying balance.
- Also made with Cooling Aloe, this face lotion and moisturizer for oily skin, moisturizing cream or gel face serum soothes and nourishes, leaving skin feeling hydrated, smooth and refreshed.
- After cleansing and toning, apply this hydrating face cream, night face cream and sensitive skin moisturizer onto face and neck with upward motions; make it your daily face moisturizer.
- This gel face cream has no Parabens, Phthalates, Mineral Oil, Sulfates, plus our face lotion and anti-aging cream moisturizer has no Animal Testing.
- SheaMoisture African Black Soap Balancing Moisturizer is a face lotion, dry skin moisturizer and cream that keeps skin hydrated while balancing oily to combination skin
- This lightweight lotion for dry skin is a paraben free travel size lotion that combines ethically sourced Shea Butter with moisture-rich oils to use as a moisturizing cream or hand lotion
- Blended with Black soap and fair trade Shea Butter, this moisturizing lotion and hand lotion creates a rich dry skin lotion and moisturizer
- Meet SheaMoisture's carefully formulated dry skin cream, moisturizing lotion and hand care that contains no parabens, no phthalates and no mineral oil
- You can also use this skin moisturizer by SheaMoisture as a hand therapy dry skin moisturizer or moisturizing lotion for dry skin or as a sensitive skin lotion every day
- Enjoy our shea butter moisturizing cream and skin moisturizer for dry skin that's a paraben free lotion by SheaMoisture that has been tested on our family for generations and never on animals
- 1.7-ounce jar of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Daily gel-cream face moisturizer with hyaluronic acid quenches extra-dry skin
- The moisturizing gel formula provides rapid hydration to skin, leaving it looking smooth and supple by restoring skin's natural barrier against moisture loss
- Hyaluronic acid, a hydrator found naturally in the skin, attracts moisture and locks it in
- Daily hydrating face moisturizer features a non-comedogenic formula that is oil-free, dye-free, and fragrance-free and is from a dermatologist-recommended brand
- The rich face lotion relieves intense dryness by providing long-lasting moisturizing power. This hyaluronic acid moisturizer is the perfect addition to your at-home hydrating self-care routine
- Instantly quenches skin
- Clinically proven to keep skin hydrated for 48 hours
- Fragrance-free, Oil-Free, Dye-free, Non-Comedogenic
- Ideal for extra-dry skin types
- Macadamia nut oil, Jojoba oil and Glycerin provide a lubricating, protective cushion
- Phospholipids bind moisture to the skin and support the natural skin barrier
- Peppermint, Eucalyptus and Menthol refresh and revitalize skin
- Heather helps calm and soothe skin
- Moisturize Your Skin: Keep your skin moisturized with Black Wolf Moisturizing Gel for men. Water-based and formulated to hydrate with hyaluronic acid. Trust us, you will want this one on hand wherever you go. For guys with oily skin. Each bottle contains 1.7 fl oz.
- Hyaluronic Acid and Collagen: Our moisturizing gel is about all about promoting the appearance of youthfulness... Hyaluronic acid, an ultra-premium ingredient found in our moisturizer, keeps skin hydrated and looking fresh. It helps with the look of elasticity reducing the appearance of aging. Get this stuff on you, stat!
- Water-Based Formula: Our restorative water-based moisturizing gel allows your skin to breathe and feels light. Air flows freely while your skin gets clean. Our oil-free moisturizing gel is the finishing move to your daily skincare routine. Apply to freshly washed and towel-dried skin after any lighter creams or ointments.
- Ingredients that Work: We designed our Moisturizing Gel with powerful, high-quality ingredients that are sulfate- and paraben-free. From aloe to caffeine, you’ll find only the good stuff here
- Extra Effective Skincare for Guys: At Black Wolf, we’re reinventing the men’s grooming category, one product at a time. We provide extra effective skincare for guys -- without the extra. A simple formula for better skin, created specifically for guys. Black Wolf is made with the best possible ingredients to clean, soothe, and hydrate your skin. And it’s reasonably priced, meaning that any guy can look and feel his best. Any guy can be a Black Wolf Guy.
- Sheamoisture overnight resurfacing serum is a nighttime face serum made to help blemish prone skin transform into glowing skin
- This serum, with a blend of african black soap and clarifying aha and bha, helps to resurface dull skin and reveals healthy, smooth skin
- Sleep off dull skin and wake up to glowing skin with sheamoisture's natural skin care that works as a dry skin treatment
- Skin is left clarified and feeling refreshed by morning with this pore minimizing serum that leaves behind radiant skin
- Apply one to two drops of face serum to clean skin in the evening, avoiding sensitive skin around eye. Gently pat cheeks, forehead and chin with skin care before massaging into skin
- Discover sheamoisture's skin care products formulated with no parabens, no phthalates, no mineral oil, no sulfates and no animal testing
- Skincare Perfection: This tinted moisturizer takes the place of both your color corrected and moisturizer all in one skin-loving beauty balm.
- Hydrating Formula: Enriched with hyaluronic acid, this moisturizes not only hydrates the skin, but also helps to keep it soft, smooth, and supple.
- Color Correction: Apply this multi-purpose balm to the desired coverage and watch as it smooths away and blurs lines, blemishes, and other imperfections.
- SPF Protection: Keep your skin healthy long-term thanks to the added broad-spectrum SPF 15.
- Cruelty-Free: Black Radiance makeup and cosmetics are never tested on animals and are always cruelty-free.
- Bursting with goodness of natural extracts that help leave the skin lighter, firmer, and smoother.
- Essential Black Seed Oil deeply absorbs into your skin, providing the required nutrients and moisture.
- Reduces and controls excess oil to ensure the correct moisture balance.
- Pore-purifying Daily Moisturizer – The Clear Collective Clarifying Prebiotic Moisturizer fuels skin to keep it feeling clear, smooth and balanced.
- The Hero Difference – From the brand that brought you the award-winning Mighty Patch, our lightweight face cream is the final step in your daily routine for clear skin.
- Handles 3 Common Acne-prone Skin Issues – Facial moisturizer purifies skin, fuels good bacteria, and smooths and softens texture.
- Zero Fragrance Or Irritating Ingredients – Free of petrolatum, parabens, fragrance, artificial colors, silicones and mineral oils, this moisturizer is safe for all skin types.
- Feeds Skin’s Good Bacteria – The unique probiotic formula supports skin’s healthy bacteria balance for skin that looks smooth and luminous all day long.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Moisturizers for Black Skin
When it comes to choosing the best moisturizer for black skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a moisturizer.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best moisturizer for black skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best moisturizer for black skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best moisturizer for black skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which moisturizer you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best moisturizer for black skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best moisturizer for your needs.
Which one of these moisturizers are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.