With so many options, finding the best moisturizer for acne prone skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best moisturizer for acne prone skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Moisturizers for Acne-Prone Skin
- HYDRATES & CLEARS BREAKOUTS: Shine-free hydration with .5% Salicylic Acid clears and prevents breakouts while improving tone and texture in sensitive skin
- BOTANICAL & PREBIOTIC COMPLEX SOOTHES ACNE REDNESS: Formulated with botanicals and prebiotic complex to help nourish skin and soothe acne redness
- DEFENDS AGAINST FIVE SIGNS OF SKIN SENSITIVITY: Defends against five signs of skin sensitivity including a weakened skin barrier, irritation, roughness, tightness, and dryness
- FROM THE #1 Doctor Recommended Sensitive Skincare Brand FACIAL SKINCARE BRAND
- DEFENDS AGAINST 5 SIGNS OF SKIN SENSITIVITY: Dryness, irritation, roughness, tightness and a weakened skin barrier
- 4-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Facial Moisturizer with a light pink grapefruit scent. It is formulated with 0.5% salicylic acid acne medication to clear breakouts
- This facial moisturizer has a lightweight texture that absorbs quickly to moisturize skin and prevents emerging breakouts without a greasy feel
- Face moisturizer is infused with pink grapefruit scent and includes naturally derived grapefruit extract and is suitable for daily use in a regular acne skincare routine
- Moisturizer is especially formulated for acne-prone skin and contains salicylic acid acne medication, proven acne-fighting ingredient to help treat acne. Its water-based formula is oil-free, non-greasy, and non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores
- For best use, clean skin thoroughly before applying a thin layer of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Facial Moisturizer one to three times daily to moisturize skin and treat breakouts in one step
- CETAPHIL DAILY HYDRATING LOTION FOR COMBINATION SKIN: Instantly hydrates and locks in moisture for 24 hours to protect skin from dryness
- IMMEDIATE AND INTENSE HYDRATION: Hyaluronic acid and powerful moisturizing agents provide long lasting hydration
- FAST ABSORBING, LIGHTWEIGHT FORMULA: Non-greasy moisturizer won't clog pores
- NO ADDED FRAGRANCE AND HYPOALLERGENIC: Clinically tested to be gentle on combination, sensitive skin
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All CETAPHIL products are effective yet non-irritating
- FROM THE #1 DOCTOR RECOMMENDED SENSITIVE SKINCARE BRAND
- WEIGHTLESS MOISTURIZER FOR ACNE-PRONE SKIN: Formulated to deliver moisture and hydration without adding oil or shine, CLEAR Oil-Free Moisturizer is an innovative night cream for blemish-prone skin. Finally, a non-greasy moisturizer for nighttime use.
- OIL-FREE NIGHT MOISTURIZER: Infused with moisture barrier-repairing ceramides, pore-minimizing niacinamide, and antioxidant-rich blueberry & pumpkin extracts, this face moisturizer hydrates dry, flaky patches while visibly reducing redness - all without clogging pores.
- Use Paula's Choice CLEAR Oil-Free Moisturizer once or twice daily as the last step in your skin care routine. For daytime use, always follow with SPF 30 or greater.
- Paula's Choice products are made with YOUR SKIN in mind. Whatever your skincare concern, whether dryness, acne, fine lines, or sensitive skin; we've got a treatment line for you. The search for amazing skin care ends here. Finally, you found it.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
- Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer is formulated with dermatologist-recommended ingredients including ceramide-3, niacinamide, glycerin and La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water
- Double action helps repair skin’s natural protective barrier after 1-hour and provide up to 48-hour hydration. Produces a unique prebiotic action on the skin microbiome and restores healthy-looking skin
- Its lightweight cream texture easily absorbs into the skin to provide immediate comfort
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive. Fragrance free, paraben free, oil free, alcohol free, non comedogenic
- Formulated with Ceramide-3: to help retain moisture and maintain a healthy skin barrier. Niacinamide: helps restore skin's moisture barrier, and visibly fading skin discolorations. Glycerin: hydrates skin
- Majestic Pure Therapeutic Grade Tea Tree Oil Cream for face, body and foot; with 5% Tea Tree Oil, Infused with Ceramide, for Acne Prone Skin, Natural Anti; made in the USA
- Carefully crafted with the finest and 100% pure tea tree oil from Australia and other wonderful ingredients to purify skin for clear, supple, and youthful look
- Safety Warning: Intended for EXTERNAL USE ONLY. Rub a very small amount on the inside of your elbow area to test for any allergic reaction before use. Avoid contact with eyes, keep out of the reach of children. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. If pregnant, consult with your health care provider before use.
- Contain 5% concentration of tea tree oil; non-greasy, easily applied and rapidly absorbed multi-purpose cream is suitable for face and neck
- Majestic Pure Tea Tree Oil Face Cream is cruelty free and not tested on animals
- Hydrating formula with hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and allantoin to visibly improve skin texture by hydrating dry skin overnight
- Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in skin and binds to water to help retain natural moisture and keep skin looking plump
- Ceramides help maintain and restore the skin barrier to lock in moisture for a full 24 hours
- Allantoin soothes dry, flaky skin
- Dermatologist developed and tested formula that is non irritating, fragrance free, and non comedogenic
- 4-fluid ounce bottle of Aveeno Clear Complexion acne-fighting daily facial moisturizer with 0.5% salicylic acid for breakout-prone skin helps prevent breakouts and visibly even skin tone
- Features the dermatologist recommended acne-fighting ingredient of salicylic acid acne medication to clear up existing blemishes and help prevent future breakouts
- Daily face moisturizer features Total Soy Complex to improve the overall look of your complexion by visibly evening skin tone and smoothing texture, leaving skin feeling soft and smooth
- The unique acne moisturizing lotion formula is oil-free, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic, so it won't clog pores. It is fast-absorbing and is gentle for sensitive skin
- The Aveeno Clear Complexion collection is designed to clear skin without dulling your natural glow. Each exclusive soy-enriched skincare product, with clinically proven acne medication, clears blemishes and helps reveal your skin's true radiance
- Helps prevent breakouts
- Evens out skin tone and improves skin clarity
- 4.9-ounces of Clean & Clear Aloe Vera Calming Gel Facial Moisturizer to comfort and calm sensitive, acne-prone skin
- This daily oil-free face moisturizer soothes and nourishes skin while providing moisture for calm, clear, stress-free skin
- Formulated with aloe vera, the gentle moisturizing gel is suitable for sensitive skin with a gentle aloe vera scent
- This sensitive skin moisturizer is free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, oils and dyes. It is also vegan and not tested on animals
- For a more complete sensitive skincare routine, use this gentle aloe vera face gel with other products from the Clean & Clear Aloe Vera line, including the Gentle Facial Cleanser
- Lightweight yet effective oil-free moisturizer with hyaluronic acid provides deep hydration for visibly clear, smooth and calm skin
- Rapid-action 0.5% salicylic acid formula helps to clear and prevent breakouts
- Niacinamide and acerola help visibly even skin while cica and allantoin soothe skin and reduce signs of redness
- Skin looks shine-free and balanced with a satin-matte finish
- Revolutionary clean formula is oil-free, silicone-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free, gluten-free, vegan, cruelty-free, and Leaping Bunny certified
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Moisturizers for Acne-Prone Skin
When it comes to choosing the best moisturizer for acne prone skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a moisturizer.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best moisturizer for acne prone skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best moisturizer for acne prone skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best moisturizer for acne prone skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best moisturizer for acne prone skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the moisturizer you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which moisturizer you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best moisturizer for acne prone skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best moisturizer for your needs.
Which one of these moisturizers are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.