With so many options, finding the best matte moisturizer for oily skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best matte moisturizer for oily skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Matte Moisturizers for Oily Skin
- Toleriane Double Repair Matte Face Moisturizer for oily skin is formulated with a high concentration of La Roche-Posay prebiotic thermal water, ceramide-3, niacinamide, and glycerin to help restore healthy-looking skin
- Lightweight gel face moisturizer texture quickly absorbs into skin, providing a unique double-action: all-day hydration without the shine and skin barrier repair after 1 hour.
- This dermatologist-tested, oil-free moisturizer also helps to improve skin texture, reduce fine lines, and decrease the size of visible pores.
- All day hydration without the shine. Helps repair the skin barrier after 1 hour. Minimizes the size of visible pores. Improves skin texture and reduces fine lines
- Formulated with Niacinamide to help soothe and visibly fade skin discolorations and perite and silica to help absorb oil for matte finish.
- This mattifying moisturizer for oily skin targets excess oil to mattify skin and refine pores. Formulated with micro-exfoliating LHAs lipo-hydroxy acid, this oil-free face moisturizer hydrates skin while leaving it looking and feeling matte
- Mattifying moisturizer visibly reduces the look of pores, pore minimizer. Sebulyse technology provides dual action targeting by reducing shine and large pores
- Face moisturizer for oily skin smooths skin texture. Excellent base for make-up. Dermatologist tested, paraben free, non comedogenic, oil free, and allergy tested
- 4 week consumer test results showed 96% felt skin was immediately mattified and less oily, 94% felt skin texture was refined
- Formulated with Lipo Hydroxy Acid (LHA) with exfoliating and skin renewing properties, Perlite to absorb excess oil for matte finish, Silica for soft focus effect, and glycerin to hydrate
- Helps neutralize shine for lastingly matte, clear and balanced skin
- Pores are tightened and less visible
- Light, oil free formula and leaves skin feeling fresh
- Helps clear sebum clogged pores at the source
- Non comedogenic
- CETAPHIL DERMACONTROL OIL ABSORBING MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 30: Hydrates skin while leaving a matte finish
- 4-IN-1 FORMULA FOR SENSITIVE, OILY SKIN: Helps absorb oil, reduce shine, hydrate and provide sun protection
- RECOMMENDED BY SKIN CANCER FOUNDATION: Broad spectrum SPF 30 protects against UVA and UVB rays
- LIGHTWEIGHT & OIL FREE WITH NO ADDED FRAGRANCE: Absorbs quickly for long lasting hydration without clogging pores
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All CETAPHIL products are effective yet non-irritating
- HYDRATES & CLEARS BREAKOUTS: Shine-free hydration with .5% Salicylic Acid clears and prevents breakouts while improving tone and texture in sensitive skin
- BOTANICAL & PREBIOTIC COMPLEX SOOTHES ACNE REDNESS: Formulated with botanicals and prebiotic complex to help nourish skin and soothe acne redness
- DEFENDS AGAINST FIVE SIGNS OF SKIN SENSITIVITY: Defends against five signs of skin sensitivity including a weakened skin barrier, irritation, roughness, tightness, and dryness
- DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED for Sensitive Skin
- DEFENDS AGAINST 5 SIGNS OF SKIN SENSITIVITY: Dryness, irritation, roughness, tightness and a weakened skin barrier
- Shine Free Matte Finish
- Cruelty Free
- Paraben Free
- 24HR hydration
- 100% Vegan
- Oil free
- Formulated for normal to oily skin
- SUN PROTECTION: Provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 protection as recommended by dermatologists for use with Differin Gel (0.1% Adapalene)
- LIGHTWEIGHT & MATTIFYING: Formulated with Micropearl technology to absorb surface oil for a matte finish
- DERMATOLOGIST-DEVELOPED: Oil-free, non-greasy, non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic and fragrance-free formula that won't clog pores
- NOURISH & MOISTURIZE SKIN: Oleosome technology uses a low concentration of sunscreen filters for minimal irritation while providing significant hydration
- HOW TO USE: Apply liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure and reapply at least every 2 hours
- Made in Korea
- Enriched with Tea Tree Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Extract, and Cica Extract. Kiss New York’s Tea Tree Face Moisturizer provides hydration and won’t clog pores for healthy-looking skin
- This Kiss New York moisturizer is a hydrating facial lotion that spreads easily, is absorbed quickly, and leaves a non-greasy finish
- Recommended for daily use. Suitable for sensitive skin, oily skin, and acne-prone skin
- Youthful skin is always in. This face moisturizer helps renew skin for a beautiful, healthy glow
- MULTI-PURPOSE FORMULA HYDRATES, FIRMS, PROTECTS: This unique formula contains lightly tinted moisturizer with sunscreen and nourishing antioxidants to protect your skin from environmental and sun damage. Evens out skin tone; silky matte finish.
- Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 Tinted Matte Moisturizer with Antioxidants & Resveratrol is formulated to repair & renew sun damaged skin while preventing further damage, minus the white cast associated with most sunscreens.
- Formulated for normal to oily and combination skin this moisturizer with 30 SPF protection visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles, evens out skin tone and with daily use you'll see firmer skin. Works equally beautifully as a base for makeup or worn bare.
- Paula's Choice products are made with YOUR SKIN in mind. Whatever your skincare concern, whether dryness, acne, fine lines, or sensitive skin; we've got a treatment line for you. The search for amazing skin care ends here. Finally, you found it.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
- Daily use moisturizer that mattifies and protects the skin. skin SPF 30 – Broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Matte Moisturizers for Oily Skin
When it comes to choosing the best matte moisturizer for oily skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a matte moisturizer.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best matte moisturizer for oily skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best matte moisturizer for oily skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best matte moisturizer for oily skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best matte moisturizer for oily skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the matte moisturizer you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which matte moisturizer you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best matte moisturizer for oily skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best matte moisturizer for your needs.
Which one of these matte moisturizers are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.