With so many options, finding the best makeup remover for sensitive skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best makeup remover for sensitive skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Makeup Removers for Sensitive Skin
- CETAPHIL GENTLE OIL-FREE MAKEUP REMOVER: Gently removes waterproof and long-wear makeup to leave skin feeling clean and refreshed
- DERMATOLOGIST- & OPHTHALMOLOGIST-TESTED: Effectively removes waterproof mascara from delicate eye area without irritation or oily residue
- SOOTHING BOTANICALS: Formulated with aloe vera, ginseng and green tea
- SUITABLE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Fragrance free, oil free, non-irritating & noncomedogenic
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All CETAPHIL products are effective yet non-irritating
- Twin pack with 25-count each of ultra-soft, pre-moistened Neutrogena Fragrance-Free Makeup Remover Face Wipes with a micellar-infused, triple emollient formula remove makeup and cleanse skin while leaving it feeling refreshed, smooth and conditioned
- Makeup remover facial cleansing towelettes work to dissolve all traces of dirt, removes bacteria, impurities, oil and makeup on skin while also removing pollution, sweat and sunscreen, for superior cleansing and makeup removing power at your fingertips
- Facial cleansing wet wipes are ophthalmologist-, dermatologist-, and allergy-tested and gentle on the eyes, so they're suitable for contact lens wearers. The effective formula removes up to 99% of makeup--even stubborn waterproof mascara--without tugging
- Our Clean Promise to you and the Planet. These facial cleansing wipes are made with 100% plant-based fibers, biodegrade in 35 days in home compost, and are formulated without phthalates, parabens, sulfates, alcohols, soaps, or dyes
- These unscented makeup wipes are disposable and thoroughly cleanse skin, leaving behind no heavy residue so there's no need to rinse. Plus, they're great to use in a daily beauty or skincare routine for a refreshing self-care experience at-home
- [ HYDRATING MAKEUP REMOVER FACE WIPES ] These pH balanced rinse-free face cleansing wipes remove dirt, oil, and makeup, including waterproof mascara. With ceramides and glycerin, the gentle cleansing wipes help lock in moisture.
- [ PLANT BASED FACE CLOTH ] The 100% plant based face cloth, infused with gentle makeup remover, is biodegradable in home compost.
- [ SENSITIVE SKIN TESTED & NON-GREASY FEEL] Formulated with sensitive skin in mind, the hydrating formula is fragrance-free, oil-free, allergy-tested, ophthalmologist-tested, sensitive skin-tested, and non-comedogenic so it will not clog your pores.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
- 25-count pack of Aveeno Calm + Restore Nourishing Makeup Remover Face Wipes with oat extract & feverfew to nourish skin and remove makeup in one easy step
- Suitable for daily use, these gentle & fragrance-free facial cleansing towelettes effortlessly remove all makeup, even waterproof mascara, without skin feeling stripped. Plus, 92% agree that they feel gentle on skin
- Made with 100% plant-based cloth fibers, the pre-moistened disposable face wipes are formulated with oat extract and calming feverfew and calm skin by leaving it feeling balanced and comfortable
- The formula of these nourishing makeup wipes is fragrance-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free, dye-free, sulfate-free, phthalate-free, hypoallergenic, and ophthalmologist tested
- Gentle and soothing face and neck wipes come from Aveeno, a dermatologist-recommended brand. For a complete at-home self-care routine that helps leave skin healthy looking, try our other Aveeno Calm + Restore products
- Non-rinse , Paraben-free
- Produces a feeling of instant freshness
- Deep moisturizing
- Good for daily use
- Removes dirt, impurities, excess oil, and makeup without irritation
- Contains no dyes, alcohol, artificial perfumes, or harsh chemicals
- Removes waterproof mascara
- Aqua-lock keeps every wipe fresh even softer
- Non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, opthalmologist tested, safe for sensitive eyes
- 6-fluid ounce bottle of Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Facial Cleanser and Makeup Remover to help cleanse and calm dry, sensitive skin
- This gentle foaming facial cleanser from a dermatologist-recommended brand works as both a face wash and makeup remover to lift away dirt, oil, bacteria and makeup without over drying the skin
- Our exclusive foaming formula with Calming Feverfew extract, an ingredient related to Chamomile to help visibly reduce the appearance of redness & calm irritated, sensitive skin
- Daily facial cleanser for sensitive skin is fragrance-free, soap-free, hypoallergenic & non-comedogenic, gentle enough for everyday use in a regular skincare routine or beauty regimen
- For use in both AM & PM, pump foaming cleanser into your hand or cloth and massage lather over wet face, leaving skin looking and feeling healthy. For best results use along with other skincare products from the Aveeno Ultra-Calming line
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water: Use as a facial cleanser in the AM and as a makeup remover at night; Garnier Micellar Water is a multitasking skin care must have; Gentle enough for everyday use, micellar water removes makeup and dirt without drying
- Micellar Water s effective yet gentle; It's simple, micellar cleansing water lifts away dirt, makeup, and excess oil, all in just a few swipes; No rinsing, no harsh rubbing just refreshed skin, and a face washed clean and cleared of impurities
- Our Best Micellar Water For You: You've seen Garnier micellar waters on the Best Drugstore Makeup Remover lists; Which Micellar Water is best for your skin type; All in 1 Micellar Cleansing water or Waterproof Micellar Water
- Garnier SkinActive was developed with gentle formulas and naturally derived ingredients to leave your skin looking fresh and healthy, no matter your skin type, Find the face wash, moisturizer, makeup remover, or mask for you
- Commited to making Garnier a greener beauty brand: As a leading global beauty brand, we aspire to create a positive impact by paving the way towards more sustainable beauty. Approved by Cruelty Free International under the Leaping Bunny Program.
- FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Made for sensitive skin, the cleansing power of Burt's Bees facial cleansing wipes will gently revitalize and rejuvenate your skin to remove excess dirt, oil and makeup.
- ONE STEP CLEANSER: Pamper and cleanse your skin in one easy step with Burt's Bees facial cleansing towelette wipes that are rinse-free and disposable. Perfect for when you are on the go or need a quick refresh!
- TOTAL HYDRATION: Infused with extracts from aloe, cotton and rice, Burt's Bees cleansing facial towelette wipes for sensitive skin will leave your skin feeling soft, clean, and nourished.
- FRAGRANCE FREE: Crafted for sensitive skin, our cleansing wipes are fragrance free, hypoallergenic, and Dermatologist tested to gently cleanse, tone and remove dirt, oil, and makeup without harmful additives leaving you glowing on the inside and outside.
- VALUE 2 PACK: A cleansing face wipe pack for you everywhere you go. Keep one at home and take one on the go, so you can freshen and hydrate your skin at any moment.
- Daily facial wipes to lift away makeup, dirt and excess oil
- Infused with grape seed and olive oils
- Good for all skin types, even sensitive skin
- Travel-friendly, clean beauty on the go
- MADE WITHOUT: Parabens, Phthalates, Silicones, Synthetic fragrances
- Cruelty Free
- Dermatologist Tested and Hypoallergenic
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Makeup Removers for Sensitive Skin
When it comes to choosing the best makeup remover for sensitive skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a makeup remover.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best makeup remover for sensitive skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best makeup remover for sensitive skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best makeup remover for sensitive skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best makeup remover for sensitive skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the makeup remover you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which makeup remover you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best makeup remover for sensitive skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best makeup remover for your needs.
Which one of these makeup removers are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.