With so many options, finding the best makeup for sensitive skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best makeup for sensitive skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Makeup for Sensitive Skin
- 1-oz of Neutrogena Healthy Skin Sensitive Skin Serum Foundation with Pro-Vitamin B5 in shade Light/Medium 02, to help keep skin healthy looking, blur imperfections and designed to minimize the look of fine lines and cover pores
- Sheer buildable coverage foundation is infused with multitasking serum to care for your skin. This color correcting liquid makeup sensitive skin foundation is designed to reduce the look of redness
- With Pro Vitamin B5, a dermatologist-recognized ingredient known to help maintain skin's moisture barrier for healthy-looking skin, the face serum is also a pore blurring foundation that offers buildable coverage for a natural makeup look
- Non-comedogenic, imperfection-blurring serum foundation is free of fragrances, dyes, parabens, phthalates, alcohol, and sulfates. This sheer-to-light, liquid foundation doubles as equal parts skincare and makeup, and is great for sensitive skin
- To use the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Facial Serum Foundation, first, gently shake the bottle. Then, use clean fingers, sponge, or foundation brush to blend skin blurring makeup into skin as part of your daily skincare and beauty routine
- CETAPHIL GENTLE OIL-FREE MAKEUP REMOVER: Gently removes waterproof and long-wear makeup to leave skin feeling clean and refreshed
- DERMATOLOGIST- & OPHTHALMOLOGIST-TESTED: Effectively removes waterproof mascara from delicate eye area without irritation or oily residue
- SOOTHING BOTANICALS: Formulated with aloe vera, ginseng and green tea
- SUITABLE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Fragrance free, oil free, non-irritating & noncomedogenic
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All CETAPHIL products are effective yet non-irritating
- This product is non-sealed
- 🌙 Rescue Retinol is a gentle, nighttime cream that helps with the look of uneven texture.
- 💪 Blemishes like to leave their mark. Rescue Retinol can help fade the look of those, too.
- 🌟 Starring a retinol blend, squalane, and Rescue Balm Complex, it supports smooth, bouncy skin.
- 😌 The nourishing formula leaves skin feeling calm, making it an easy introduction to retinol (and safe for sensitive skin).
- 🧴 Looking to level up your skin regimen? Rescue Retinol is the perfect addition to your nightly routine (just be sure to use SPF the next day).
- A liquid foundation rich in texture with medium, buildable coverage blends effortlessly smoothly onto skin, delivering instant hydration and a naturally dewy finish that feels lightweight
- Enriched with an Prebiotic Complex designed to reinforce skin's healthy barrier; also has antioxidant vitamin E, and broad spectrum SPF 25 sunscreen to protect against harmful UV rays
- Sustainable packaging: Tube made from 27% PCR materials, cap made from 43% PCR materials
- Formulated without added parabens, phthalates, SLS, mineral oil, DMDM Hydantoin, formaldehydes, and Triclosan
- Suitable for sensitive skin and as always, hypoallergenic; Dermatologist tested, clean, cruelty free, fragrance free
- FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: Made for sensitive skin, the cleansing power of Burt's Bees facial cleansing wipes will gently revitalize and rejuvenate your skin to remove excess dirt, oil and makeup.
- ONE STEP CLEANSER: Pamper and cleanse your skin in one easy step with Burt's Bees facial cleansing towelette wipes that are rinse-free and disposable. Perfect for when you are on the go or need a quick refresh!
- TOTAL HYDRATION: Infused with extracts from aloe, cotton and rice, Burt's Bees cleansing facial towelette wipes for sensitive skin will leave your skin feeling soft, clean, and nourished.
- FRAGRANCE FREE: Crafted for sensitive skin, our cleansing wipes are fragrance free, hypoallergenic, and Dermatologist tested to gently cleanse, tone and remove dirt, oil, and makeup without harmful additives leaving you glowing on the inside and outside.
- VALUE 2 PACK: A cleansing face wipe pack for you everywhere you go. Keep one at home and take one on the go, so you can freshen and hydrate your skin at any moment.
- 【Perfect Christmas Gifts】A great Christmas Gifts and starter makeup kit for girls and wemen, very suitable for daily makeup and holiday parties, it can also be used as a Christmas gift, wedding gift, birthday gift, Valentine's Day present suitable for mother, daughter, girlfriend or wife.
- 【All In One Makeup Kit】 The All-in-One Makeup Kit is designed for the bold and the beautiful. The All-in-one Christmas makeup Gift Set including Eyeshadow Palette, Cream Concealer, Pressed powder, Lipsticks, Lipgloss, Concealer stick, Makeup brush, Face Makeup,Eyebrow pencil, Lip Balm, Eyebrow cream, Primer, Powder puff, Mascara and Travel Bag, making it easy for a beginner as well as a pro to enjoy.
- 【High Quality Makeup】 Individual container for each color. Suitable for a variety of skin tones.Powder is very delicate and soft with good color. Different colors for different looks. Smooth Texture Powder with Waterproof Feature, make your eye shadow makeup last longer.
- 【Wide Application】Perfect for party makeup/ casual makeup/ wedding makeup etc.This holiday gift set could satisfy all the needs, especially for Winter and Christmas.It contains all the necessary and basic makeup tools that every girls and women need. This is a beautifully makeup kit for beginners and teen girls.
- 【Convenient to Carry】 Our makeup kit is easy to carry, there will be a cosmetic bag, you can put all the kits inside and take away together, convenient and complete.
- Our oil-free liquid foundation formula evens out your skin tone, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and blurs the look of imperfections
- The lightweight matte foundation feels incredibly comfortable on your skin—and wears for up to 16 hours
- Skin feels smooth and moisturized, and looks naturally shine free
- Formulated without adding parabens, phthalates, SLS, Mineral oil, DMDM Hydantoin, formaldehydes, Triclosan, and palm oils
- As always, Hypoallergenic. Dermatologist tested. Clean. Cruelty Free. Fragrance Free. Oil-Free.
- Shake foundation well. Smooth over clean skin, working from the center of your face outward.
- Medium, buildable coverage with a natural finish
- Broad spectrum SPF 25 for easy sun protection
- All day hydration for healthy-looking skin
- Smooth coverage with up to 16 hr wear.
- ACNE TARGETING CONCEALER: Ideal for acne prone skin, oily skin, combination skin, and sensitive skin, this full coverage spot treatment concealer seamlessly covers and fights acne, supports skin’s healthy appearance, and leaves skin looking flawless with a soft matte finish that lasts all day
- NEW SKIN BALANCING FORMULA: Reformulated with acne specific ingredients including 2% salicylic acid, and now prebiotics plus aloe vera for skin that looks clarified, healthier, and calm
- SUSTAINABLE PACKAGING: The cap is made with 29.7% PCR material and the card the product is packaged in is made of 100% sustainably sourced FSI paperboard
- FORMULATED WITHOUT: Formulated without added parabens, phthalates, SLS, mineral oil, DMDM Hydantoin, formaldehydes, Triclosan, and palm oils
- SUITABLE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: As part of the Almay promise, this product is hypoallergenic as well as dermatologist tested, clean, cruelty free, and fragrance free
- New skin-enhancing liquid makeup foundation infused with prickly pear oil for a hydrated, glowy finish, and vitamin E to help block environmental aggressors
- What’s In: anti-pollution, antioxidant, anti-blue light ingredients. What’s Out: oils, parabens, phthalates, synthetic dyes, and fragrances
- A lotion texture that goes on like a moisturizer, and finishes like a lightweight liquid foundation
- Comes in a premium pump packaging
- Available in 16 skin tone matching shades with light, buildable coverage
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Makeup for Sensitive Skin
When it comes to choosing the best makeup for sensitive skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a makeup.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best makeup for sensitive skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best makeup for sensitive skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best makeup for sensitive skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best makeup for sensitive skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the makeup you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which makeup you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best makeup for sensitive skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best makeup for your needs.
Which one of these makeups are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.