With so many options, finding the best lip balm for sun protection can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best lip balm for sun protection. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Lip Balms for Sun Protection
- MULTI-ACTION FORMULA: Our Panama Jack Lip Balm flavors are so good that it can be hard to choose just one. Now, you wont have to with our new Lip Balm Flavor Pack! Each Flavor Pack includes all four of our incredible flavors: 1 Vanilla, 1 Mango, 1 Dreamsicle and 1 Tropical. Made with Love, Care and Pride since 1974, our Panama Jack SPF 45 sunscreen lip balms are non-waxy/sticky, goes on smooth, offer broad spectrum UVA-UVB sun protection, and tastes amazing!
- SOOTHES DRY, CHAPPED LIPS: Helping to prevent sunburn, our lip balms are perfect for sensitive skin or those that have a tendency to get fever or sun blisters. Designed in a Cruelty Free with NO animal testing formula, our lip balms DO NOT contain: Gluten, Parabens, PABA, Oxybenzone, Propylene, Glycol, Retinyl, Palmitate, BHT, PBA, or harmful Synthetic Preservatives.
- BROAD SPECTRUM SUNSCREEN: With SPF 45 (Sun Protection Factor), this Panama Jack UVA-UVB sunscreen lip balm is the ultimate all season chapped lip stick.
- 0.15 OZ (4.25g) easy-to-grip consumer-friendly bottle with adjustable dispensing knob. Use often and reapply after toweling dry, prolonged swimming, or excessive perspiration.
- SUN PROTECTION MEASURES: Spending time in the sun increases your risk of cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including wearing hats and sunglasses.
- SPF 30 SUNSCREEN LIP BALM - VARIETY PACK. Our fav SPF lip balm trio with Aloe and Vitamin E to protect and moisturize your kisser all day long. Our smooth and hydrating formula with Aloe and Vitamin E is great for everyday lip protection.
- LASTING LIP PROTECTION. Our unique SPF lip balm is not just for a day at the beach. This triple action formula will protect, heal and moisturize your lips, whether you’re hitting the beach, slopes or just cruising around town. We’ve got you covered.
- HOW TO USE. Apply liberally on lips to keep them safe and soft. Reapply frequently on sun-centric days and adventures. Sonny’s Tip: Try to not lick it off, even though it smells like a tasty treat.
- PROTECT YOUR LIPS. The key to safe sun is to protect and moisturize your skin. Our Sun and Lip Products are enriched with Vitamin E, and are Hypoallergenic, Gluten, Cruelty and Paraben Free to ensure a fun, active day in the sun.
- TRUST THE BUM. What does that mean. It means trust us, the ones who live on the beach and need products that work on the most intense days in the sun. The simple truth is, when you make products to protect the ones you love, you make ‘em better.
- MINERAL SPF 30 SUNSCREEN LIP BALM. Some of us like to go au naturel. Our natural, zinc-based Mineral sunscreen lip balm sits on top of your kisser to block sun, leaving a matte finish with Broad Spectrum SPF 30 protection from UVA/UVB rays.
- CHEMICAL FREE SUNSCREEN. Our zinc-based Mineral collection was created for your lounging and earth loving pleasure. Lightweight and silky, this Sun Bum collection is sure to leave your skin feeling clean, natural and protected!
- HOW TO USE. Apply liberally to lips for broad spectrum protection. Reapply as needed throughout the day. Sonny’s Tip: Pair with our CocoBalm after sun exposure for creamy, moisturized lips!
- PROTECT YOUR SKIN. The key to safe sun is to protect and moisturize your skin. Our Mineral Sunscreen line is enriched with Zinc Oxide, and is Hypoallergenic, Gluten and Cruelty and Free to ensure a fun, clean day in the sun.
- TRUST THE BUM. What does that mean? It means trust us, the ones who live on the beach and need products that work on the most intense days in the sun. The simple truth is, when you make products to protect the ones you love, you make ‘em better.
- Sun Bum sunscreen tinted lip balm, Raisin Hell, SPF 15, 0.15 oz
- Adds a subtle, natural color to your lips while also moisturizing and protecting them
- Broad spectrum UVA/ UVB protection/ Water & Sweat Resistant 80 minutes
- Hypoallergenic & free of harmful ingredients that will irritate your lips - Paraben Free, Silicone Free, Ozybenzone Free
- Kindly made in the USA with ingredients. Cruelty free & Reef.
- Protects Lips: This Coppertone Sport lip balm provides sun protection and protects your lips from chapping
- Keeps Lips Soft: Broad Spectrum sunscreen offers UVA/UVB protection with Aloe to help keep your lips soft and feeling moisturized
- Water Resistant: Water resistant sunscreen (80 minutes) lip balm is great for any outdoor activities
- Free Of: Coppertone Sport SPF 50 Sunscreen Lip Balm is free from dyes, PABA, Octinoxate and Oxybenzone
- Includes one 0.13 ounce tube of Coppertone Sport SPF 50 Sunscreen Lip Balm
- RELIEVE DRY & CHAPPED LIPS: The Blistex Five Star Lip Protection Lip Balm uses five specialized ingredients to deliver the defense you need against nature’s harshest conditions of dryness, sun, heat, cold, and wind.
- WATER & WIND RESISTANT SHIELD: This lip treatment includes Candelilla to help form an effective wind barrier. It is also constructed with water resistant properties for up to 80 minutes at a time.
- SPF SUN PROTECTION: This lip moisturizer uses broad spectrum SPF 30 to provide UVA/UVB sun protection to help prevent sun burn while outdoors for an extended period.
- GREAT INGREDIENTS FOR MOISTURE RELIEF: This SPF lip balm uses Panthenol and Wheat Germ Oil which holds in moisture in dry air for ideal moisture relief for heat-stressed lips. The perfect daily care for healthier lips during hot summers and bitter winters.
- SIMPLE TO USE: Apply this hydrating lip balm liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure and reapply at least every 2 hours or 80 minutes of swimming or sweating. For external use only. Do not use on damaged or broken skin. Keep out of reach of children.
- MEDICATED LIP BALM: Prevent dryness, cracking, and chapping with this lip care product that has an easy glide formula to provide complete coverage and will help avoid further irritation of chapped lips.
- SEALS IN MOISTURE: Ideal for both men and women, this hydrating lip balm seals in moisture to alleviate dryness and prevent drying of the lip tissue and reoccurrence.
- SPF SUN PROTECTION: This lip moisturizer uses SPF 15 to provide sun protection to help prevent sun burn while outdoors for an extended period.
- IDEAL DAILY LIP CARE: Crafted with three long-lasting protectants, this lip treatment is the perfect daily care for your lips to feel and look healthier during both hot summers and bitter winters.
- SIMPLE TO USE: Apply this hydrating lip balm liberally 15 minutes before sun exposure and reapply at least every 2 hours.
- SPF Lip Balm: With notes of cracked-open coconut with a fruity dash of pineapple, our Coconut SPF Lip Balm is like a mocktail for your mouth.
- 24 Hour Hydration: Hydrate lips in nourishing moisture and delicious flavor that will make you want to swipe again and again!
- Smooth Application: Swipe on this conditioning, moisturizing lip balm with Shea Butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, and beeswax leave lips feeling smooth
- Sustainably Sourced Shea: Packed with wild grown, sustainably sourced 100% natural shea butter to make your lips feel moisturized, protected and soft
- All Natural Lip Care: We are paraben, phthalate and gluten free; PETA certified; No products tested on animals
- .35 ounces of Neutrogena MoistureShine Tinted Lip Soother Gloss with SPF 20 to help hydrate lips and leave them with a glossy finish
- This lip moisturizer gloss provides instant relief on contact and protects dry, chapped lips with a soothing and cooling hydrogel formula that helps lock in moisture
- The sun protective gloss is formulated with a broad spectrum SPF 20 sunscreen for optimal lip care as well as glycerin, cucumber, and chamomile for intense moisturization
- This soothing tinted lip shine is long lasting and easy to use while providing a beautiful high-gloss sheen. It also comes in several shades to add a lightly colorful glow to your pout
- The portable travel-size makes it easy to carry this hydrating lip gloss in a purse or pocket for on-the-go dry lip care and relief
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Lip Balms for Sun Protection
When it comes to choosing the best lip balm for sun protection, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a lip balm.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best lip balm for sun protection.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best lip balm for sun protection, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best lip balm for sun protection, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best lip balm for sun protection. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the lip balm you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which lip balm you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best lip balm for sun protection. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best lip balm for your needs.
Which one of these lip balms are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.