With so many options, finding the best lice shampoo can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best lice shampoo. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Lice Shampoos Reviews
- Daily Lice Killing Power - Vamousse Head Lice Defense Daily Shampoo is a super effective head lice treatment follow-up and for anyone exposed to head lice. It is designed to start killing head lice that may have been contracted and not yet detected to help avoid an infestation. And because it’s pesticide-free, it has no pesticide- resistance issues.
- Powerful Ingredients - The two active ingredients - natrum muriaticum (sodium chloride) and eucalyptus globulus work as pediculicides to kill super lice on contact. It’s a shampoo that kills lice with repeated, routine use for 10 to 14 days.
- Proactive Solution– Did you get a dreaded Lice Letter? Lice are hard to find. Don’t wait for the itch! It can take 4-6 weeks for itching symptoms to start or to confirm exposure. By the time a head lice infestation is identified, others (siblings, parents, friends) have likely been exposed for weeks and may have contracted the infestation themselves.
- Safe to Use – Vamousse Lice Defense Shampoo is tough on lice, but gentle on hair. Apply generously to wet hair, work into a lather, and massage into the scalp. Leave in hair for at least 3 minutes before rinsing with warm water. Vamousse Lice Defense Daily Shampoo offers ongoing daily protection and it’s designed to be a swap in for your normal routine without adding any bathing or grooming steps.
- Designed for the Whole Family - For adults to children over the age of 2 years. Perfect for back to school, summer camp or sleepovers, the shampoo protects the whole family from a possible lice outbreak.
- Nix Ultra All-in-1 Super Lice Shampoo kills head lice and eggs (nits), including hard-to-kill Super Lice
- Cleans hair with no additional shampoo step needed
- Nix Ultra All-in-1 Super Lice Shampoo is for use on head hair, is pesticide-free, non-toxic and safe for use on children 1 year and older
- Nix Ultra All-in-1 Super Lice Shampoo does not contain parabens, phthalates, colorants or dyes
- Nix Professional Lice Removal Comb assists in removing lice and eggs (nits) from hair after treatment
- Nix is the No.1 pediatrician-recommended lice removal brand. Pediatrician survey data on file
- Contains 1 bottle of Nix Ultra All-in-1 Super Lice Shampoo, 4 fl oz and 1 Nix Professional Lice Removal Comb
- The Only 5 in 1 Lice Complete Lice Treatment Kit: 1) Kills Lice Fast 2) Even Kills Hard-to-Kill Super Lice 3) Kills Eggs 4) Blocks New Lice 5) Plus provides ongoing 24/7 lice defense upon return to school or camp
- Kills Lice Better than the Leading Pesticide: Clinical testing shows that Rid Super Max is more effective at killing head lice than the leading pesticide ingredient
- The advanced treatment solution is enhanced with lice defense ingredients to not only kill super lice and eggs but also to help keep new lice away from treated hair
- Plus includes RID Daily Defense Shampoo and Conditioner to help keep lice away 24/7 upon return to school or camp (with daily use); No Harsh Chemicals and No Pesticides, It is tough on lice but gentle on kids
- 100 percent effective at keeping lice away when Daily Defense Shampoo and Conditioner is used daily; 3 Piece Kit contains: Dual-action Lice Treatment Solution, 100 percent Effective Nit Removal Comb, and Daily Defense Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Kills Lice on Contact: Licefreee Spray effectively kills lice, eggs and nits on contact, so you can be lice free, effortlessly; 100 Percent Satisfaction Guaranteed, and safe on kids six months and older
- Kills Super Lice and Eggs: Instead of using harsh chemicals and pesticides, Licefreee contains the naturally occurring mineral, sodium chloride, to kill super lice, eggs and nits
- Easy to Use: Hold the bottle 4-6 inches away from the head; Spray on dry hair and cover the entire scalp until all of the hair is thoroughly saturated; Allow product to air dry; That's it
- Includes Lice Comb: After applying the spray, comb through hair with the included patented metal lice and nit comb to remove the dead lice, nits and eggs
- More from Lifefreee: Licefreee is the original non-toxic lice brand, introduced in 1999; We have a full line of products to kill and remove lice from hair, body, furniture and bedding
- Rosemary Repel Kids Conditioner with Rosemary Repel Lice Shampoo is a must have for all families for lice. Made with natural ingredients so it is gentle enough in being a everyday conditioner for kids and adults.
- Harnessing the power of natural ingredients, Rosemary Repel is clinically proven effective to help prevent head lice without the use of harmful ingredients.
- We are a preferred head lice prevention for kids due to our proprietary blend of organic Rosemary, Citronella, Tea Tree, and Geranium oils. All of which are clinically proven effective to help prevent lice.
- Jojoba and Chamomile are also hydrating, moisturizing, and soothing for the scalp making it a great conditioner.
- Last by not least, we are a paraben free shampoo! We are also a sulfate free shampoo- no harsh chemicals and toxins added. Also no added Gluten, soy, dairy and nut!
- BOTANICAL TEATREE SHAMPOO: It gently washes away impurities. Great for all hair types, this invigorating cleanser leaves strands refreshingly clean and full of shine. Natural Tea Tree oil and peppermint soothes the scalp, and leaves the hair smelling fresh. Natural Tea Tree oil and peppermint oil invigorates the scalp and leave hair smelling great.
- PREMIUM DANDRUFF FIGHTER DUO: Our Tea Tree Oil Shampoo and conditioner are a dandruff fighting pair that contains an abundance of natural essential oils; Tingles away dry flaky irritating scalp and dandruff while stimulates new hair growth
- SULFATE FREE & PARABEN FREE: Our Tea Tree Scalp Oil Clarifying Shampoo and Conditioner products are Sulfate and Paraben Free. It is good for all hair types including Curly hair and Colored Hair. Not Tested on Animals
- DEEP CONDITIONING: Our Conditioner with Argan Oil, Keratin, Silk Amino Acids and Collagen is anti frizz and locks in moisture leaving hair soft, smooth, and shiny. For all hair types. Detangles and leaves hair shiny, glossy and more manageable
- SPECIAL SCENT & SENSATION: The fresh scent of tea tree oil and peppermint leaves hair smelling great & leaves a cooling, tingling sensation on the scalp.
- Friendly to hair, Unfriendly to Lice: RID Daily Defense Shampoo and Conditioner cleans, conditions and smells like a regular, everyday shampoo and conditioner while also being 100 Percent effective at keeping lice away
- 24/7 Lice Defense with Daily Use: Contains the Lice Defense Factor (LDF) to defend against head lice all day long
- Safe for the Whole Family: Contains no harsh chemicals, pesticides or alcohol
- Use if there is a lice concern in your child's school or camp, after treating for lice to keep lice from returning, or to help prevent the spread of lice to siblings or other family members when there is a case of lice in the home
- While some lice defense shampoos work only via scented oils, Rid Daily Defense works in 4 ways to keeps lice away; 1) Neutralizes the static charge in hair that attracts lice 2) Makes lice avoid hair 3) Impedes attachment 4) Stop lice from laying eggs
- You can get rid of lice with this Mata Piojos Shampoo. It helps prevent and kill head lice, tiny, wingless insects that can infest the human scalp.
- LICE FREE LICE TREATMENT GUARANTEE — We guarantee your satisfaction or your money back! Please contact Lice Clinics of America with any questions or concerns - or if we can help! We care that your head lice treatment is successful and your family is lice free.
- EFFECTIVE AGAINST LICE & SUPER LICE – The included liquid gel kills lice AND super lice, and it’s more effective than traditional head lice shampoo treatments.
- NON-TOXIC FORMULA — Our liquid gel is harsh on head lice, yet doesn't contain any harmful chemicals so it’s a safe & effective lice treatment for kids & adults.
- COMPLETE KIT — Includes everything needed for effective head lice treatment and lice removal: easy-to-use no-mess applicator, 5.25 oz. liquid gel, and premium metal head lice comb.
- PLEASANT SCENT — The included liquid gel has a great fresh pear blossom scent that mom and kids will love.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Lice Shampoos
When it comes to choosing the best lice shampoo, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a lice shampoo.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best lice shampoo.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best lice shampoo, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best lice shampoo, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best Lice Shampoos. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the lice shampoo you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which product you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best lice shampoo. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best product for your needs.
Which one of these Lice Shampoos are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.