With so many options, finding the best leave in conditioner for natural hair can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best leave in conditioner for natural hair. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Leave-In Conditioners for Natural Hair
- NATURAL & ORGANIC TREATMENT: Mielle Organics Pomegranate & Honey Leave-In Conditioner fuses pomegranate extract, honey, babassu oil, citrus extracts, and other natural, restorative ingredients to moisturize and strengthen thick, curly hair
- LIGHTWEIGHT LEAVE-IN FORMULA: Our weightless, nutrient-rich leave-in conditioner smoothes and soothes dry, damaged, and dull hair instantly without weighing it down or leaving behind a greasy or sticky residue
- FRIZZ-FREE SHINE: This daily replenishing protectant quenches even the unruliest Type 4 hair, taming stubborn frizz and flyaways while defining coily or curly hair for bouncy, shiny locks and long-lasting hydration
- EASY TO USE: Our deep moisture serum is gentle enough for daily use, deeply penetrating damaged hair for visibly improved texture; Apply from root to tip and style as usual for soft, manageable hair and powerful damage repair
- BY WOMEN FOR WOMEN: Mielle Organics aims to empower women of all hair types and styles with powerful products and gentle, organic ingredients that amplify your natural beauty and are the “root to results” that leave you looking and feeling your best
- RESTORES: Miracle RepaiRx Leave In Conditioner adds definition while replenishing moisture to hair, restoring softness and shine. Uses Black Castor Oil and Biotin to treat hair, reducing split ends, promoting hair growth and length retention.
- SOFT AND MANAGEABLE: Our Miracle RepaiRx Protective Leave in conditioner is a lightweight formula with no build -up that leaves hair feeling soft and manageable. It penetrates hair’s cuticle to allow for thorough conditioning
- PROTECTS AND REPAIRS: The Miracle Collection focuses on preventing hair breakage and repairing and restoring strength to damaged hair, which has been compromised due to excessive styling, weaves and extensions, heat, color, or environmental factors.
- PROMOTES GROWTH: This line is the perfect combination of products and ingredients to assist the hair in restoring to its optimal state. Also aids in repairing color or heat damaged hair and works perfectly with protective styling.
- BLACK, WOMEN OWNED: Our team at tgin is 96% women and 100% Black-owned. Our products do not contain sulfates, parabens, petrolatum, lanolin, artificial colors, safe for color treated hair, and we do not test on animals.
- NEW & IMPROVED FORMULA: more moisturizing formula with pure argan oil, natural oils, and no drying alcohol or silicones
- STRENGTHEN OVER-HEATED/STYLED HAIR: add elasticity to relaxed, natural, and color treated hair
- PROTECT & ENHANCE: protect damaged hair and reveal natural shine
- HYDRATE 3 WAYS: daily use on damaged areas, rinse-out conditioner, or absorbing leave-in treatment
- CRUELTY-FREE: absolutely no testing on animals
- SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave In Conditioner is a reparative leave-in conditioner that softens and detangles hair while controlling frizz
- Leave in conditioner that is perfect for those who regularly straighten, perm or heat style their hair, as well as kinky hair, curly or wavy natural styles. Also, works great on color treated hair
- SheaMoisture leave-in conditioner, formulated with Jamaican Black Castor Oil and fair trade Shea Butter, helps to nourish, moisturize and support elasticity to resist breakage when detangling
- This conditioner for damaged hair, kinky hair and straight hair, provides a protective layer that improves the appearance of dry split ends
- All SheaMoisture hair products, including this paraben-free conditioner and leave in conditioner, are sustainably produced and cruelty-free
- This leave in conditioner and cruelty-free conditioner is formulated with no silicones, no sulfates, no parabens, no phthalates, no mineral oil or petrolatum
- LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER SPRAY: This weightless leave-in conditioner for curly hair and detangler restores moisture and shine to thick or thin natural hair with a blend of Castor Oil, Rosemary and Aloe
- FOR DRY, DAMAGED HAIR: Transforms unmanageable, frizzy hair into incredibly moisturized and soft feeling hair; Textured hair looks healthy, and detangling is easier; Made with moisturizing ingredients for hydration and no weigh down
- COILY, CURLY, WAVY HAIR PRODUCTS: Carol’s Daughter Set created for natural hair with 4C, 4B, 4A, 3C, 3B, 3A, 2C, 2B, 2A curl types; Complete the routine with: Curly Hair Shampoo Conditioner set, Leave in Conditioner, Hair Smoothie, Hair Oil, Edge Control
- HOW TO USE: After shampoo and conditioner, hold 6-8 inches from hair and spray all over; Use on dry hair or wet hair to help detangle; Use on dry hair to refresh hair style
- BLACK WOMAN FOUNDED: Lisa Price founded Carol's Daughter in her Brooklyn kitchen in 1993 with a mother's love and encouragement; Today we carry a full line of textured hair care products for women and men to care for all waves, curls and coils
- Maximum Moisture: Featuring moisturizing and hydrating almond and avocado oils, this go to leave in conditioner for women, men, and kids acts as last layer of moisture that eases detangling by smoothing the cuticle for healthier hair
- Detangle with Ease: Almond and Avocado provides intense moisture while strengthening from the inside out leaving a beautiful natural shine while coconut milk replenishes moisture and aids as a natural detangler saving 30 minutes of detangling time
- For Healthy Hair: Features a gentle formula with hydrating Almond and Avocado, shea butter and coconut milk, Free of parabens, paraffins, petrolatum and contains no mineral oils to help promote healthy hair growth
- Great for Dry Hair: Specifically formulated for wavy, curly, coily and kinky textured hair from normal to dry, and color treated hair or chemically relaxed textures to revitalize the hair's natural luster
- Design Essentials: Everyone deserves to feel beautiful and confident; With over 30 years experience, trust Design Essentials to empower you to look and feel your best; Every purchase is backed by the Design Essentials guarantee
- ARGAN OIL : Argan oil is known for its ability to help hair restore, enhance and grow. The natural moisturizer will help repair, dry, brittle and damaged hair from blow drying, flat ironing and sun exposure
- FOR ALL HAIR TYPES : artnaturals leave in conditioner is for both men and women, straight or curly hair, blondes or brunettes. This Leave in conditioner is the ultimate experience.
- RESTORATIVE FORMULA : Our natural and organic ingredients help repair hair damage and prevent any effects from heat and excess styling. The hydrating minerals and oils work to hydrate the hair and scalp. Leaving hair feeling soft and refreshed.
- DEEP CONDITIONING AND MOISTURIZING : This powerful moisturizer will wash away all of the excess oils and dirt from your hair to get that beautiful shiny hair. This leave in condiitioner will leave you with no grease and no residue.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED : ArtNaturals offers a 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. Try it risk free with no questions asked and top customer service. You have nothing to lose and your health to gain.
- SOFT, SHINY AND MANAGEABLE HAIR: Our Green Tea Super Moist Leave in Conditioner contains Argan oil which penetrates the scalp to nourish the roots of your hair, facilitating hair growth.
- EFFECTIVELY DETANGLES KNOTS: Tangles are caused when the outer layer of your hair (the cuticle) becomes damaged and ruptured. Our leave in conditioner tackles this by repairing the cuticle.
- REDUCES FRIZZ, FLYAWAYS AND BREAKAGE: One unique ingredient in this leave in conditioner, Argan oil, not only heals hair, but prevents future damage, does away with split ends, and diminishes dryness.
- REPLENISHES HAIRS NATURAL OILS: This lightweight formula restores your hair’s natural oils without excessive build-up, leaving your hair smooth and lustrous and easing scalp inflammation.
- PROMOTES HAIR GROWTH: This leave in conditioner contains Green Tea and Argan oil to encourage hair growth while preventing hair loss. It does this by enabling better blood flow to the scalp.
- 16 fl oz of Aunt Jackie's Quench Moisture Intensive Leave-In Conditioner
- Gives great slip and just enough moisture to keep the thristiest hair refreshed
- Helps eliminate dryness, without a heavy feel
- Enriched with shea butter, extra virgin olive oil and marshmallow root
- For natural hair curls, coils and waves
- Detangle, Moisturize And Protect: This leave in conditioner helps address breakage, damage, and split ends by keeping the hair and scalp moisturized, fortified and healthy for optimum growth potential
- Softness And Shine: Features Cocoa Butter to soften and add healthy shine with rich moisture that shields hair from dryness and over processing; Color safe for all hair colors, curl patterns and textures
- For Optimal Length: Biotin supports healthy hair growth, and Quinoa Protein protects the hair shaft from heat damage that can cause breakage; This expert blend retains length for beautiful, long, shiny hair
- Choose What's Real: Our beauty products and hair and skin treatments feature real, plant based ingredients in formulas that really work to hydrate and soften, from lip balm to bar soap to body butter
- Palmer's: Our Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, and Vitamin E product lines include creams, balms, lotions, oils and soaps plus face, lip, and hair care, pregnancy and stretch mark care
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Leave-In Conditioners for Natural Hair
When it comes to choosing the best leave in conditioner for natural hair, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a leave in conditioner.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best leave in conditioner for natural hair.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best leave in conditioner for natural hair, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best leave in conditioner for natural hair, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best leave in conditioner for natural hair. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the leave in conditioner you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which leave in conditioner you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best leave in conditioner for natural hair. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best leave in conditioner for your needs.
Which one of these leave in conditioners are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.