With so many options, finding the best leave in conditioner for curly hair can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best leave in conditioner for curly hair. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Leave-In Conditioners for Curly Hair
- VITAMIN E MOISTURIZER: Jamaican Black Castor Oil is a rich source of Vitamin E, known for its benefits as a hair moisturizer and supporting lush, healthy hair growth for all hair types including curly hair.
- SMOOTHER HAIR WITH APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: Apple cider vinegar is in this leave in conditioner to help make hair smoother, easier to detangle, and reduce any scalp itchiness by lowering the pH of the hair and scalp.
- DEEP CONDITIONER WITH ORGANIC SHEA BUTTER: Organic Shea Butter deeply conditions dry hair and scalp, seals in moisture, and leaves hair softer without clogging pores.
- PEPPERMINT MAY PREVENT HAIR LOSS: Peppermint can help improve hair growth and may prevent hair loss. It also provides a refreshing, invigorating scalp experience.
- LEAVE IN CONDITIONER INSTRUCTIONS: For best results, apply a generous amount of product to clean, towel-dried hair. Gently comb through for even distribution. Apply more leave in conditioner as needed before styling.
- Strictly Curls Curl Envy Leave-In Conditioner: Hydration is your curls’ best friend. This leave-in conditioner from Marc Anthony is formulated to ease frizz and bring your curls back to their natural shine and touchable glory. 8.4 fl oz.
- Essential Ingredients: Crafted with Shea Butter, Avocado Oil and Vitamin E, this leave-in will have your curls feeling soft, detangled and oh-so smooth.
- Curls For Days: Marc Anthony’s Strictly Curls collection is designed with moisturizing ingredients like Silk Proteins and Shea Butter to defrizz, detangle, and tame even the unruliest curls while still letting your natural curls run free.
- How To Use: Spray onto damp hair, from roots to ends. Do not rinse. Comb through and style as usual. For extra styling control and hold follow with your favorite Strictly Curls styling products.
- Endless Haircare Innovation: The Marc Anthony team of style-makers and beauty lovers travel the world to bring you the best ingredients to create professional quality products. Our products are paraben-free, SLS-free, sulfate-free, and phthalate-free.
- True Enthusiasts. Experts in Hair: Hair doesn’t need to be complicated. Marc Anthony’s mission is to make your hair play easy with premium, fool-proof products at an affordable price. We do what it takes to make hair play possible.
- NEW & IMPROVED FORMULA: more moisturizing formula with pure argan oil, natural oils, and no drying alcohol or silicones
- STRENGTHEN OVER-HEATED/STYLED HAIR: add elasticity to relaxed, natural, and color treated hair
- PROTECT & ENHANCE: protect damaged hair and reveal natural shine
- HYDRATE 3 WAYS: daily use on damaged areas, rinse-out conditioner, or absorbing leave-in treatment
- CRUELTY-FREE: absolutely no testing on animals
- Curly Hair Leave-In Cream: This rich, quenching air dry leave-in cream with Coconut Oil replenishes for long lasting moisture and 24 hour frizz control, leaving hair stronger, shinier and softer, with more defined curls
- For Stronger, Healthier Hair: This paraben-free formula features our Active Fruit Protein, an exclusive combination of citrus protein, Vitamins B3 and B6, fruit & plant-derived extracts and strengthening conditioners
- Nourish and Style with Garnier Fructis: From Mega Full to Anti Frizz hair products Garnier has shampoos, leave-in conditioners, hair masks, texturizing sprays and more to help you care for your hair your way
- Over 100 Years of Pioneering in Hair Care: Since 1904 Garnier has blended naturally inspired and derived ingredients into breakthrough formulas; Nourish your hair with hair color and care from Garnier
- Inspired By Nature: Garnier carries an array of products for your hair and skin care needs, from shampoos, color care and styling products to formulas that cleanse, moisturize and repair skin
- CONDITIONS + CLEANSES: Restores curls natural balance, reduces breakage and improves elasticity
- KEY INGREDIENTS: Keratin, Plum Seed Oil, Olive Oil
- SALON FORMULA: SoCozy has over 20 years of experience and expertise about kid's hair.
- NO NASTY INGREDIENTS: Free from Parabens, Sulfates, Phthalates, Formaldehyde, Synthetic Colors or Dyes, Propylene Glycol, Gluten, Wheat, and Nuts
- Grow Long Super-Fast Strength Leave-In Conditioner: With Caffeine, Ginseng, and Vitamin E, this Leave-In Conditioner from Marc Anthony detangles, smooths frizz, and gives hair the strength it needs to help reduce split ends and breakage. 8.4 fl oz.
- Long Hair, Don’t Care: Achieve perfect lengths without limits with Marc Anthony’s Grow Long collection. Moisturizing, anti-breakage formulas blended with Caffeine and Ginseng. For stronger, longer, healthier looking hair, go strong and Grow Long.
- How To Use: Spray onto wet or damp hair from roots to ends, comb through and leave in; do not rinse. Style as desired. For the best results, nourish your hair with the entire Grow Long collection. Perfect for all hair types.
- Endless Haircare Innovation: Marc Anthony’s team of style-makers and beauty lovers never sit still, traveling the world to bring you the best ingredients to create professional quality products. Paraben-free, SLS-free, sulfate-free, and phthalate-free.
- True Experts in Hair: Hair doesn’t need to be complicated. Marc Anthony’s mission is to make your hair play easy with premium, fool-proof products at an affordable price. All the styles. All the fun. We do what it takes to make hair play possible.
- Condition All Day: Keep curls hydrated and healthy looking with Maui Moisture Frizz-Free plus Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Mist
- Soft, Care-Free Curls: This hydrating, frizz-free blend helps block out humidity and detangle and protect strands from heat for defined curls that shine
- Made With 100 Percent Aloe Vera as the First Ingredient: Quench your curls to make them look and feel hydrated, healthy and frizz-free with the help of shea butter, coconut oil and macadamia oil
- Simple Styling: Spray evenly on damp hair and style. It's that easy
- Free of Harsh Additives: Love the natural goodness of a hair product free of parabens, silicones, sulfated surfactants, synthetic dye, mineral oil
- Moisturized Curly Hair- Dream Lengths Curls Non-Stop Dreamy Curls leave-in conditioner moisturizes and defines by day with a silk pillowcase effect by night. Say goodbye to frizzy curls. Best for wavy hair to coily hair
- Curly Hair Care- Dream Lengths Curls paraben-free nourishing formulas help achieve hydrated, defined, bouncy, soft curly hair without the weigh down
- Formulated for Curls- with hyaluronic acid and castor oil, Elvive Dream Lengths Curls regimen helps locks in long-lasting moisture for deeply hydrated curls from scalp to tip and defines curls by sculpting and retaining shape
- Dreamy Curl Routine- Moisture Push Shampoo and Moisture Seal Conditioner hydrate, No-Build Up Micellar Shampoo removes build-up, Non-Stop Dreamy Curls leave-in conditioner defines and Refresh and Reshape Curl spray refreshes
- Irresistible Fragrance- Dream Lengths Curls has a sweet candy fragrance with notes of pomegranate, caramel orchid and milk sorbet, making it indulgent
- NATURAL & ORGANIC TREATMENT: Mielle Organics Pomegranate & Honey Leave-In Conditioner fuses pomegranate extract, honey, babassu oil, citrus extracts, and other natural, restorative ingredients to moisturize and strengthen thick, curly hair
- LIGHTWEIGHT LEAVE-IN FORMULA: Our weightless, nutrient-rich leave-in conditioner smoothes and soothes dry, damaged, and dull hair instantly without weighing it down or leaving behind a greasy or sticky residue
- FRIZZ-FREE SHINE: This daily replenishing protectant quenches even the unruliest Type 4 hair, taming stubborn frizz and flyaways while defining coily or curly hair for bouncy, shiny locks and long-lasting hydration
- EASY TO USE: Our deep moisture serum is gentle enough for daily use, deeply penetrating damaged hair for visibly improved texture; Apply from root to tip and style as usual for soft, manageable hair and powerful damage repair
- BY WOMEN FOR WOMEN: Mielle Organics aims to empower women of all hair types and styles with powerful products and gentle, organic ingredients that amplify your natural beauty and are the “root to results” that leave you looking and feeling your best
- GOODBYE DRY, TANGLED & UNRULY CURLS: Benefit from adding the best leave in treatment to your haircare regimen. Mixed Chicks Leave-in conditioner will hydrate and condition your curls into perfection with its proprietary formulation and premium ingredients. Adds shine, softness and manageability.
- PROTECT FROM DAILY DAMAGE: Hair is continuously exposed to conditions and substances that dry it out and make it more susceptible to damage. Coloring, chemical treatments, styling tools, sun exposure, and low humidity are among the common factors that open up hair cuticles to make way for damage. Our Leave-in Conditioner will replenish while it protects.
- Premium Ingredients: Jojoba Oil, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, non-toxic and comedogenic, adds shine, conditions, promotes hair growth and helps maintain color. Evening Primrose Oil with LA and GLA, nourishes, strengthens and promotes a healthy scalp. Silk Amino Acids with Silk protein bond with the Keratin in hair to repair damage due to environmental factors or over-processing. This bonding process creates a protective layer that helps retain moisture, adding luster to your locks.
- ADDED CONDITIONIG: Using our Leave-in, in addition to the Mixed Chicks daily conditioner will provide additional and ongoing benefits to your hair and scalp. It also keeps the hair sealed and set the stage for healthy styling. Think of it as your frizz-hero, the detangler of your dreams, your styling prince in shining armor with the added benefits of bouncy, healthy hair.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Leave-In Conditioners for Curly Hair
When it comes to choosing the best leave in conditioner for curly hair, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a leave in conditioner.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best leave in conditioner for curly hair.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best leave in conditioner for curly hair, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best leave in conditioner for curly hair, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best leave in conditioner for curly hair. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the leave in conditioner you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which leave in conditioner you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best leave in conditioner for curly hair. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best leave in conditioner for your needs.
Which one of these leave in conditioners are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.