With so many options, finding the best lactic acid for face can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best lactic acid for face. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Lactic Acids for Face
- A mild lactic acid superficial peeling formulation -- lactic acid is an alpha hydroxyl acid that exfoliates the skin.
- This 5% formulation offers very mild exfoliation and is supported with a purified Tasmanian pepperberry known to reduce signs of inflammation and sensitivity that is often associated with exfoliation.
- This treatment gently resurfaces the skin to promote a bright, even tone and a smooth, soft texture.
- EXFOLIATES SKIN & HYDRATES: Powerful combination of 10% Lactic Acid and Squalane sweeps away dead skin cells, unclogs pores, and keeps the skin hydrated throughout.
- RETAINS SOFTER, BRIGHTER SKIN: This potent resurfacing serum seeps down the skin and draws out the excess oil, keeping you oil-free and fresh.
- REDUCES APPEARANCE OF FINE LINES: The natural formulation of the Lactic Acid Resurfacing Serum seeps down the skins and reduces fine lines and black spots, giving you a naturally glowing skin.
- SKINCARE CONCERNS: Pores, Dullness and Uneven Texture, Acne and Blemishes
- SKIN TYPE: Combination and Oily
- [ NIGHTLY EXFOLIATING TREATMENT ] Consistent, gentle exfoliation can help improve visible signs of aging, including dullness and discoloration. Lactic and Glycolic Acids are chemical exfoliants, which feel less harsh than physical ones like face scrubs.
- [ ANTI AGING SERUM FOR FACE ] With Lactic and Glycolic Acids to help minimize the appearance of fine lines, dark spots and pores. Contains Licorice Root Extract to help visibly brighten skin and Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skin's natural moisture.
- [ GENTLE SKIN CARE ] This hydrating facial serum should be applied in the evening to clean skin. Apply a thin layer and allow to dry before applying CeraVe Night Cream. To protect skin from sun exposure, use CeraVe Face Lotion with SPF 30 during the day.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier
- [ DEVELOPED WITH DERMATOLOGISTS ] Noncomedogenic, paraben free, and fragrance free. CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more
- Naturally Exfoliating Our serum is formulated to both exfoliate and hydrate for double the benefits. It exfoliates by loosening the bonds between dead skin cells to reveal a more radiant complexion.
- Brightening Formula Hydrating Lactic Acid brightens, smooth’s, and evens skin, resulting in a more balanced appearance.
- Smooth Fine Lines And Wrinkles Lactic Acid (AHA) helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots, while making skin appear firmer.
- Perfect For Dry Skin Types While our formula is great for all skin types, it is especially beneficial to those with dry skin. Lactic Acid may cause skin to be more sensitive to the sun, and is recommended for nighttime use.
- Vegan Formula Our plant based formula is 100% vegan, containing no animal products or animal testing of any kind.
- WHY WE LOVE IT: An all-in-one exfoliating and hydrating serum that encourages topical exfoliation from Lactic Acid, debris and decongesting benefits from Salicylic Acid, and hydrating, moisture strengthening Coconut Water.
- ESSENTIAL INGREDIENTS + BENEFITS: LACTIC ACID: A fast moving AHA that helps to even the complexion. SALICYLIC ACID: A BHA that helps to decongest pores from dirt and debris. COCONUT WATER: A soothing hydrator that supports the skins moisture barrier.
- USE FOR: All skin types for concerns with Texture, Fine Lines, Dull Skin
- HOW TO USE: After Cleansing and toning, apply a few drops after cleansing and toning steps before moisturizer as part of your twice daily skincare routine.
- WHAT DOES LACTIC ACID DO FOR SKIN? Lactic acid brightens, smooths, and evens skin, while also making it look firmer. It helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots.
- WHAT IS LACTIC ACID? Lactic acid is a hydrating alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) commonly derived from milk, but there are alternative vegan sources, like fermented corn starch, beets, and other sugar-rich foods.
- ANYTHING I SHOULDN’T PAIR IT WITH? Don’t use it on days you use retinol since both are potent ingredients. Alternate between the two to avoid irritation.
- Spots Issue Targeted Facial Serum : Our dark spot correcting serum is a regimen targeted facial spots issue, including but not limited in sun spots, facial freckles, melasma, brown spots and age spots. Made with the main positive anti-spots ingredients 4-butylresorcinol, kojic Acid, lactic acid and salicylic acid, which restore skin's complexion by blocking tyrosinase to fade pigmentation.
- Effective: Mesandy dark spot corrector for face serum penetrates deeply into the skin to diminish hyperpigmentation, sun spots and freckles. Improves uneven skin tone, brightens and whitens the complexion with α-arbutin, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract and glutathione in a balanced way.
- Developed for Multiple Skin Types and Tones: MESANDY dark spot remover serum works wonderful for both men and women of all skin types. Including normal skin, neutral, oily, dry, combination and sensitive skin.
- Superior Absorption: This age spot remover works for face, hands and body. It is oil-based, it helps super absorption. The oil permeability of this dark spot remover for face is stronger than water-based, and this dark spot corrector for face is not easy to volatilize.
- For Day and Night Use: For Normal Skin: (1) After cleansing the face in the morning, take the appropriate amount of this dark spot remover for face serum and smooth over on scattered spots. After, do the routine maintanence, following the sequence "Toning-Lotion-Essence-Cream-Sunscreen" ; (2) For the night, do same. After, do basic maintanence. For Sensitive Skin: Use this dark spot remover only in the night. The skin is especially sensitive in Spring and Fall, reduce the amount of the serum.
- GENTLE LEAVE ON DAILY CORRECTIVE SERUM. Alpha hydroxy acid (AHA also known as lactic acid) works to remove stubborn pigmentation, smooth wrinkles, and even out skin tone.
- ADVANCED AHA FORMULA. Daily use alternative instead of harsh treatment facial peels or abrasive scrubs. Formulated with high quality ingredients for all skin types, leaving the skin softer and smoother.
- MADE FOR SENSITIVE SKIN. Our products clear dark spots, diminish scars, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage over time unlike harsh peels. Our formulas are fragrance-free and contain skin soothing ingredients.
- SAY HELLO TO SMOOTHER YOUNGER LOOKING SKIN. AHAs are water soluble to target normal to dry skin types due to their ability to enhance natural moisturizing factors. AHA is proven effective in reducing the visible signs of sun damage.
- SAFE & SMART SKINCARE. Made in USA. Sulfate Free. Paraben Free. Fragrance Free. Oil Free. Non-Comedogenic. 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee. No questions asked!
- Clinically tested and proven to improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in just 3 minutes; and dark spots in 8 weeks.
- Deeply exfoliates the dull surface of the skin for instant glow and radiance
- Multi-tasking, targeted lactic acid treatment rapidly exfoliates and boosts naturally youthful radiance, while visibly reducing the look of lines, wrinkles and dark spots
- Cruelty-Free, Sulfate-Free, Paraben-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Phthalate-Free, Fragrance-Free, Vegan
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Lactic Acids for Face
When it comes to choosing the best lactic acid for face, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a lactic acid.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best lactic acid for face.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best lactic acid for face, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best lactic acid for face, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best lactic acid for face. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the lactic acid you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which lactic acid you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best lactic acid for face. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best lactic acid for your needs.
Which one of these lactic acids are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.