With so many options, finding the best hair mask for curly hair can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best hair mask for curly hair. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Hair Masks for Curly Hair
- SheaMoisture Intensive Hydration Hair Masque infuses hair with a powerful dose of moisture and provides intense conditioning for hair that is thirsty for moisture, especially curly hair
- This deep conditioning hair masque fortifies follicles and smooths over-processed hair, damaged hair or color-treated hair for stronger, healthier and frizz-free hair
- This deep conditioning hair treatment masque blends certified organic Shea Butter, Honey, Mafura and Baobab Oils with antioxidant-rich African Rock Fig to restore and lock in moisture
- Apply this deep hair conditioner generously on clean, wet hair. Use a wide tooth comb to distribute the hair masque evenly from root to ends. Leave in for 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly
- All SheaMoisture hair products, like this deep conditioning masque, are ethically traded, sustainably produced and cruelty-free
- This intensive hydration hair mask is formulated with no sulfates, no parabens, no phthalates, no mineral oil, no animal testing and no petrolatum
- Professional Salon Treatment That Instantly Transforms The Texture of Your Hair Leaving it Soft, Silky, and Easier to Manage
- Repairs, Restores, and Strengthens Weak, Damaged, and Overprocessed Hair To Restore a Healthy Look While Promoting Natural Hair Growth
- Deeply Conditions, Detangles, Hydrates, and Revives Dull and Dry Hair Improving its Manageability and Elasticity and giving it a Beautiful Shine
- Nourishes Hair with the Highest Quality Cosmetic Grade Argan Oil Rich in Essential Vitamins and Nutrients. Highly Effective All Hair Types including Permed, Natural, and Curly Hair. Sulfate Free and Paraben Free
- A Member of the Arvazallia Advanced Hair Repair System and Specially Formulated to Enhance the Texture, Softness, Manageability, Shine, and Provide Additional Damage Restoration When Used Together With Other Arvazallia Professional Series Hair Treatment Products including the Arvazallia Premium Argan Oil Hair Treatment, Ultra Curl Defining Cream with Argan Oil Curl Cream, and the Advanced Hair Repair Moisturizing Shampoo and Daily Repair Conditioner
- Shea butter hair mask & leave-in treatment
- DEEPLY QUENCH and REPAIR CURLS: This 12-ounce container of Maui Moisture Heal and Hydrate and Shea Butter Hair Mask deeply quenches and nourishes dry, damaged hair to help repair and soften curls and mend split ends
- 2-IN-1 COARSE, CURLY HAIR CARE: Ideal for wavy to tight curls and medium to dry moisture levels, the in-shower hair mask doubles as a deeply hydrating leave-in conditioner that is suitable for daily use and safe on color-treated hair
- UNIQUE BLEND WITH ALOE VERA: The rich blend of this restorative vegan hydrating mask treatment contains 100% aloe vera as the first ingredient along with nourishing shea butter, coconut oil and macadamia oil
- NOT ALL MOISTURE IS THE SAME: The gentle and nourishing formula of this sulfated surfactant free haircare system is vegan, free from silicones, parabens and mineral oil, and contains no synthetic dyes
- SheaMoisture's Curl & Shine hydrating hair mask is blended with Fair Trade Organic Shea butter to moisturize and soften naturally curly hair or color treated hair
- SheaMoisture's Curl & Shine hair masks combine Shea Butter with Coconut Oil and Neem Oil to offer shine and definition to naturally curly hair; it's also the best hair mask color treated hair
- SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus hydrating hair mask provides nourishing hydration and instant, brilliant shine while defending against frizzy hair for defined Bouncy curls, instantly
- This deep hair mask treatment by SheaMoisture is a carefully formulated hair mask with coconut oil for dry hair and contains no parabens, no phthalates, no mineral oil and no sulfates
- SheaMoisture's hair masque for curly hair relieves dry hair, thanks to our Shea Butter and moisture-rich oils, with this hydrating hair mask also acting as a deep conditioner for damaged hair
- This deep conditioning hair mask for natural curls or colored hair by SheaMoisture has been tested on our family for generations and never on animals
- Strictly Curls Curl Envy Deep Hydrating Mask: Listen to your curls; This moisturizing hair mask from Marc Anthony defrizzes and gives your curls the softness and shine they crave; Don't be shy, use it weekly; 10 fl oz.
- Essential Ingredients: Crafted with Shea Butter, Avocado Oil and Vitamin E, this mask will go deep when split ends and breakage come your way.
- Curls For Days: Marc Anthony’s Strictly Curls collection is designed with moisturizing ingredients like Silk Proteins and Shea Butter to defrizz, detangle, and tame even the unruliest curls while still letting your natural curls run free.
- How To Use: After shampooing with Strictly Curls Curl Defining Shampoo, apply Mask generously to wet hair working through from roots to ends; Leave on for 3 to 7 minutes for maximum benefits; Rinse hair thoroughly.
- Endless Haircare Innovation: The Marc Anthony team of style-makers and beauty lovers travel the world to bring you the best ingredients to create professional quality products; Our products are paraben-free, SLS-free, sulfate-free, and phthalate-free.
- True Enthusiasts, Experts in Hair: Hair doesn’t need to be complicated; Marc Anthony’s mission is to make your hair play easy with premium, fool-proof products at an affordable price; We do what it takes to make hair play possible.
- Safe for color and chemically treated hair
- Bust Breakage: Add intense moisture and shine to your waves, curls, and coils in as few as five minutes
- Repair & Restore: Repair and restore your waves, curls, and coils from the inside out by using as an overnight treatment mask
- Clinically proven to reduce breakage*
- Repairs dry, damaged hair
- Improves appearance of hair health
- Thoroughly penetrates hair root to tip to treat
- Deeply nourishes hair to improve appearance of hair shine & softness
- Deeply moisturizes hair
- Proven in a third-party lab testing setting after applying to dry, human hair fibers.
- Deep penetrating, intensive, reparative deep conditioning hair mask.
- Guaranteed to prevent breakage, repair damage and enhance growth.
- Formulated with certified organic Blueberry Extract, Aloe Leaf Juice, and Chamomile Extract.
- Clinically proven to REPAIR, PROTECT, RESTORE and GROW your curls.
- Soften, detangle, moisturize, condition and hydrate your curls while repairing damage, protecting against breaking, and encouraging hair growth.
- High performance
- Conditions dryness to improve texture
- Argan oil rich treatment
- Repairing and strengthening hair mask for curly hair blended with Castor Oil, Ginger, Black Cumin Seed and Wheat Protein
- Hydrating hair mask nourishes and helps repair dry, damaged hair while rebuilding and protecting from future hair breakage
- Unique, non-sticky creamy texture effortlessly wraps around curls and coils like a cocoon to lock in moisture
- Cream formula is activated by rubbing palms together and easy slip allows for even application throughout
- Hair treatment helps repair strength in just 5 minutes- 9 out of 10 women with curly hair agree hair is deeply moisturized, nourished and easier to detangle
- This hair treatment for curly and coily hair is a hair mask with 8 Benefits in 1 use: detangles, nourishes, reduces breakage, moisturizes, defines, hydrates, softens, and elongates
- Deep conditioning hair treatment for curly and coily hair made with our exclusive ProteinFusion blend with silk protein, castor oil and shea butter
- This pre-wash deep conditioner hair mask helps to strengthen, moisturize and define curly and coily hair
- Apply this curly hair conditioning treatment to wet hair section by section, leave on hair and scalp for 5-10 minutes before rinsing the hair mask out thoroughly
- Use this deep conditioning treatment as a pre-wash to detangle curly and coily hair prior to shampooing or after washing as a hair mask for extra nourishment
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Hair Masks for Curly Hair
When it comes to choosing the best hair mask for curly hair, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a hair mask.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best hair mask for curly hair.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best hair mask for curly hair, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best hair mask for curly hair, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best hair mask for curly hair. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the hair mask you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which hair mask you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best hair mask for curly hair. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best hair mask for your needs.
Which one of these hair masks are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.