With so many options, finding the best hair color for aging brunettes can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best hair color for aging brunettes. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Hair Colors for Aging Brunettes
- INTENSE CARING COLOR: Your hair is healthy looking and strong in combination with the Pre-Color Serum.
- EVEN COLOR FROM ROOT TO TIP: The protective Pre-Color Serum conditions the hair before coloring for a more even color result from root to tip.
- UP TO 80% LESS HAIR BREAKAGE: Enhanced K·Bond-Plex repairs inner hair structure and coats the hair surface after the coloration process for strong and healthy looking hair.
- 100% GRAY COVERAGE: Gray coverage with long lasting color fidelity giving you fuller hair with up to 80% less hair breakage (vs. untreated hair).
- If your hair is longer than shoulder length, we recommend using 2 boxes of Keratin Color hair dye for the application.
- Clairol Age Defy, 5 Medium Brown, Permanent Hair Color, 1 Kit
- Our most advanced coverage for stubborn grays
- Innovative Tri-Plex Formula helps protect hair structure and reduce hair breakage
- Includes Intensifying Pre-Treat Serum and antioxidant-infused CC plus Color Seal Conditioning Therapy
- 100% advanced gray coverage
- Moisturizing Shampoo: Hydrate vegan shampoo deeply hydrates and moisturizes hair of all types and textures, but ideal for normal to thick, dry, color-treated and natural hair. Leaves dry hair hydrated
- Moisturizing Formula: This creamy, moisturizing formula works into a luxurious lather; emollient Jojoba leaves hair feeling hydrated, Green Tea supports scalp health, and Sage stimulates follicles
- Key Benefits: Moisturizes dry, damaged hair. Not just safe for color-treated hair but actively protects hair color. Hydrates all hair textures. Cleanses hair and scalp, leaving hair soft and touchable
- Suggested Use: Apply a dime-sized amount to wet hair at the scalp, emulsify into a rich lather and work it down to the ends. Repeat for extra cleansing. Follow with Hydrate Conditioner
- Trusted by salons and professionals, Pureology's shampoo formulas are sulfate-free, paraben-free, vegan, and safe for color treated hair. Try the full Hydrate range for maximum moisturizing benefits
- NATURAL HAIR GROWTH: The Phyto Caffeine Shampoo cleanses the scalp to promote natural hair growth with our unique formulation of caffeine, niacin, and zinc
- FOR BROWN HAIR: Regular use helps intensify brown color for amazingly beautiful hair
- HAIR OVER 40: Designed specifically for hair which may have become weakened from the effects of menopause, including fine, brittle hair and a more visible scalp
- VOLUPTUOUS VOLUME: Daily use of our phyto caffeine complex helps give the hair a fuller, thicker look
- SIMPLE STYLING: Added volume and nourishment helps make hair easier to style for an effortless look and feel
- Through interviews, experiments, and surprising personal acounts, Kreamer probes the issues behind two of the biggest fears mature women face: Can I be sexually attractive as a gray-haired middle-aged woman? and Will I be discriminated against in the work world?
- Hardcover Book
- Kreamer, Anne (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 224 Pages - 09/10/2007 (Publication Date) - Little, Brown and Company (Publisher)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Krupp, Charla (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 244 Pages - 01/02/2008 (Publication Date) - Grand Central Life & Style (Publisher)
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY HAIR (1): As is a commonly used vitamin for healthy hair Biotin helps support and maintain healthy beautiful hair (1)
- SKIN & NAIL HEALTH SUPPORT (1): Biotin plays an important role in the health of your skin and also supports healthy nails so you can continue to look and feel your best (1)
- NERVOUS SYSTEM SUPPORT (1): As part of the B Family of vitamins Biotin helps support a healthy nervous system and has other benefits as well (1)
- ENERGY METABOLISM: Your body uses B-Vitamins, like Biotin to help convert foods into cellular energy; (1) Nature’s Bounty Biotin vitamins may play an important role in helping maintain energy metabolism (1)
- FROM THE TRUSTED WELLNESS EXPERTS: Nature’s Bounty Biotin Softgels are a product of nearly 50 years of dedication to quality consistency and scientific research to make vitamins and nutritional supplements of unrivaled excellence
- Feria Is Multi-Faceted Permanent Hair Color: Known for shimmering color and edgy colors, Feria permanent hair dye kits transform hair from blah to brilliant; The Power Shimmer Feria Conditioner seals and smooths for lasting bold color that will turn heads
- Multi-Tonal, Shimmering Feria Hair Color: With 50 plus bold shades ranging from deepest black hair, platinum blonde & smoky silver hair dye, Feria hair color kits are inspired by cutting-edge fashion & the latest trends, no appointment required
- L'Oreal Permanent Hair Color: L'Oreal Paris Hair Color comes in multiple formulations and styles to deliver long-lasting color, from fade-defying Superior Preference, to bold, stylish Feria, and gray-coverage from Excellence Crème
- Long Lasting Hair Color: Get beautiful color from L'Oréal Paris hair color; permanent, semi-permanent, temporary hair color, and root cover up; Cover gray hair, highlight, go bold with bright color, or even try an ombre hair color
- L'Oreal Paris Innovation: We are a total beauty care company that combines the latest in technology with the highest in quality for the ultimate in hair color, hair care, hair style, skin care and cosmetics
- Gently cleanses
- Rejuvenates hair so it appears more youthful and healthy
- Reinforces the inner strength of each strand
- Restores moisture
- Protects hair from damage
- Paraben-free, sulfate-free (SLS & SLES), gluten-free, crutely-free, vegan.
- Pack of 2 Clairol Nice 'n Easy Root Touch Up Kits that matches leading shades of Medium Brown, including salon colors. The Precision Brush makes application easy and fast concealing roots or gray hairs in minutes, with coverage that last up to 3 weeks
- It's only human to want perfect hair you're one step closer with our permanent color that mixes in seamlessly no matter what leading shade you use. Touch up your roots and conceal gray in minutes with the included Precision Brush tool for easy application
- The magic of Nice 'n Easy hair products is in helping you balance a desire for hair color that is perfect, easy and looks natural. Our products won't leave revealing or fake tones, just 100percentage gray coverage that leaves you looking naturally beautiful
- Nice 'n Easy carries superior hair color products from permanent hair color kits and tools, highlights and root touch ups that mix with colors applied by your salon colorist, gray hair concealer, to hair gloss to keep your hair looking natural and radiant
- Our Nice 'n Easy line of hair color products make superior, natural looking color. Our hair coloring products provide beautifully color so natural looking even sunlight won't reveal your secret. Touch up your roots, try a new hair color, or add highlights
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Hair Colors for Aging Brunettes
When it comes to choosing the best hair color for aging brunettes, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a hair color.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best hair color for aging brunettes.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best hair color for aging brunettes, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best hair color for aging brunettes, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best hair color for aging brunettes. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the hair color you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which hair color you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best hair color for aging brunettes. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best hair color for your needs.
Which one of these hair colors are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.