With so many options, finding the best glycerin for skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best glycerin for skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Glycerins for Skin
- MULTI-PURPOSE AND VERSATILE SKIN CARE: Pure vegetable glycerin is an outstanding moisturizer and skin cleanser that also provides softening and lubricating benefits
- SOFTENS AND MOISTURIZES: It’s easily soluble in water, making it suitable for use in all of your favorite cosmetic applications
- SINGLE INGREDIENT: Pure vegetable glycerin has a long shelf life and does not easily oxidize
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the now manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation)
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968
- During the summer months products may arrive warm, but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.
- 100% Pure Versatile Skin Care
- Multi-Purpose That Softens & Moisturizes
- Rough or dry skin in need of softening and moisturization.
- For soft, luxurious skin simply massage a few drops of pure organic vegetable glycerine on the desired area as needed. Store tightly closed in a cool, dry environment.
- Organic, Paraben Free, non-GMO, Vegan / Vegetarian, Made w/o Gluten
- Benefits: Soothing
- Certified Organic
- Pure Liquid VG, derived from 100 % food grade vegetable based palm oil, our fine quality of glycerin is USP food grade humectant / moisturizer for hair, body, skin. Naturally viscous, colorless, odorless. 99.7% glycerin content, 0.3% water content. Kosher certified. Halal certified. HACCP & GMP certified.
- Glycerin promotes cell development and retains moisture for overall skin health. It is an all-purpose component in beauty products, including hair and skin care to treat areas suffering from itchiness and dryness. A wonderful natural additive to cosmetics.
- Perfect for art crafts, including restoring moisture in art supplies such as paint brushes, ink pads, and dried out paints.
- Natural sweetening alternative for those with diabetes
- 32 fl oz filled in a plastic container with heat sealed foil and resealable cap for leak-proof closure. Ergonomic design handle allows easy grip and carrying convenience.
- VEGETABLE GLYCERIN - Sourced from non-GMO seeds (primarily soy), vegetable glycerin is the non-fatty component of vegetable oils. It is a clear, odorless liquid with powerful moisture-attracting properties.
- VERSATILE USES - Vegetable glycerin attracts and holds moisture to the skin, and is commonly blended into body care products such as soaps, creams and lotions to boost moisture attracting properties.
- ETHICALLY MADE - We believe the highest quality essential oils and skincare oils come from plants that are grown where they thrive. We source from over 40 countries to secure the best oils possible. Our source visits allow us to obtain firsthand knowledge of growing practices, harvest cycles, environment, and worker conditions to ensure Aura Cacia’s vision, values and expectations are being met.
- PURITY TESTING - Gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC/MS) testing is the primary way to ensure an essential oil is an unadulterated, true botanical. All Aura Cacia essential oils are GC/MS tested.
- ABOUT US - Aura Cacia was founded over 40 years ago on pure essential oils and true aromatherapy benefits. We partner with suppliers to source high quality botanicals and rigorously test every batch to ensure purity. We then provide premium products with consumer safety at the forefront. And importantly, Aura Cacia is part of a member owned co-op that puts people and planet ahead of profits.
- This Rose Water for Face is made with natural vegetable glycerin and delightful rose petal extract for supple skin hydration and an uplifting aroma.
- Used as a rose water toner, vegetable glycerin holds and attracts water molecules, providing increased hydration. It can also act as a barrier on your skin against the wind and inclement weather.
- This rosewater with glycerin is a great moisturizer and humectant for hair too! Splash all over face, hair and body after you shower or anytime during the day for a quick lavishing refresh.
- The rose scent is delightful! Clean smell of freshly cut roses. A gentle and completely natural smell of pure rose with no hidden scents. Perfectly soothing and cooling at the end of a long day.
- Never Tested on Animals (We love them!) This luscious Rose Water and Glycerin Moisturizer has been allergy tested and does not contain artificial fragrance, parabens or artificial colors. Made in USA.
- PREMIUM GRADE FOR SKIN AND HAIR CARE: PURA D’OR USDA Organic Glycerin, derived from coconut, is an odorless and colorless vegetable glycerin for skin and hair that provides superior moisturization and maximum hydration to complete your beauty ritual.
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED FROM COCONUT: Unlike competitor’s cheaper palm-based alternative, PURA D’OR 100% pure Organic Vegetable Glycerin is sustainably sourced from coconut offering superior absorption without sticky residue.
- MULTI-PURPOSE: Premium organic liquid glycerine is both versatile and hypoallergenic for use in countless DIY recipes including soap-making, as a carrier oil for essential oils, or undiluted for massage therapy.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Healthy Skin, Happy Customers. We offer a satisfaction guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with our vegetable glycerin, please let us know and we will give you a FULL refund.
- Skin type: Sensitive
- CLEANSING OILS – Vegetable glycerine liquid can be used as a base for facial cleansing oils or creams. This glycerin naturally hydrates skin with a mild cooling effect which of course adds a great soap making base for making homemade soap.
- VEGETABLE GLYCERINE FOR SKIN – is a natural humectant for skin and hair hydration. Humectants are known for drawing up moisture from deeper layers of the skin and trapping it in by slowing down evaporation, preventing excessive drying. Because of these hydrating properties, glycerine is often a popular ingredient in many face moisturizers, body lotions, shampoos, conditioners and other cosmetics.
- FOR HOUSEHOLD USES –Tired of food sticking to the bottom of the pan? Try coating it with MD. Life Vegetable Glycerine. Glycerine liquid can help lubricate pans and other cookware, preventing food from sticking and can naturally preserve fruits and vegetables.
- VEGETABLE GLYCERINE FOOD GRADE - is 100% palm derived, USP Pharmaceutical grade, cruelty free, self sustaining, Kosher and non-GMO. Vegetable glycerin is an odorless, sweet tasting liquid with a viscous consistency. Because it has a long shelf life, is hypoallergenic and water soluble, glycerin is great for cosmetic applications.
- 99.7% PURITY, USP GRADE – MD. Life Vegetable Glycerin liquid is made using the highest standards in the industry and is packaged in the USA inside our FDA registered facility, MD. Life food grade Vegetable Glycerin is made in a SQ Level 2 and GMP certified, undergoing extensive third-party testing. Having third party certification means these cruelty-free products comply with specific standards set for safety, quality and performance.
- Hydrates and Moisturizes
- Natural Humectant
- Excellent for Crafting - Soap Making, Slime Making, and More
- Pure Glycerin - No Additives
- Water Soluble for Easy Use
- Glysolid has been a favorite skin care product in Europe for over 70 years.
- Skin softening hand and body cream made from an advanced European formula for softening your dry, troubled spots: hands, feet, elbows, heels and knees.
- This thick, smooth skin cream, which combines allantoin with a high glycerin content, greatly improves the look and feel of skin in just one application. Adds a light protective film, locking in your skin's natural oils and moisture.
- Made without mineral oils, parabens, petroleum and cheap fillers. Glysolid does not contain perfumes, coloring or preservatives so it works well with all skin types. Vegan.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Glycerins for Skin
When it comes to choosing the best glycerin for skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a glycerin.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best glycerin for skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best glycerin for skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best glycerin for skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best glycerin for skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the glycerin you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which glycerin you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best glycerin for skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best glycerin for your needs.
Which one of these glycerins are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.