With so many options, finding the best face wash for oily skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best face wash for oily skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Face Washes for Oily Skin
- [ FOAMING FACIAL CLEANSER ] Dispenses as a clear gel cleanser and transforms into a foam as you lather. Cleanses without leaving skin feeling tight, dry, or stripped
- [NON- DRYING FACE CLEANSER] Fragrance-free, paraben free, non-comedogenic, non-drying, and non-irritating. Gently refreshes and effectively removes excess oil, dirt, and makeup
- [ MULTI-USE SKIN CARE ] Skin Cleanser for face and/or body and can be used as a hand wash. Suitable for daily cleansing morning (AM) and night (PM) for normal to oily skin
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products, formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II)to help maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ DEVELOPED WITH DERMATOLOGISTS & #1 DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED SKINCARE BRAND ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
- Toleriane Purifying Foaming Facial Cleanser is a daily foaming face wash for normal to oily, sensitive skin.
- Formulated with La Roche-Posay prebiotic thermal spring water, niacinamide, and ceramide-3, this face wash gently cleanses skin of dirt, makeup, and impurities while maintaining the skin's natural moisture barrier and pH.
- Gentle, yet purifying facial cleanser maintains skin's natural barrier and pH with consumers saying skin felt healthier and effectively cleansed.
- Its gentle foaming formula leaves skin feeling clean, fresh, and comfortable with no pore-clogging residue.
- Soap free; Oil free; Fragrance free; Non comedogenic; Allergy tested; Paraben free
- This gentle facial wash for oily skin with zinc pidolate effectively cleanses away dirt and oil while respecting skin's pH balance. Cleanses and purifies skin without over drying
- Cleanses and purifies skin without over drying. Tested on acne-prone skin (non comedogenicity test) and won't clog pores. Respects skin's pH balance and safe for sensitive skin
- Dermatologist Tested for Safety, Sensitive Skin Tested, Paraben Free, Allergy Tested, Non-comedogenic, Soap Free
- Formulated with Zinc Pidolate: Known for its purifying properties to help remove excess oil
- Cleanse morning and/or evening. Wet face with lukewarm water and apply small amount of gel, massaging the skin gently to form a rich lather. Rinse thoroughly with water
- Absorb excess oil with Neutrogena Skin Balancing and Mattifying Clay Cleanser with 2% PHA and kaolin clay for oily skin
- Conditioning face wash for oily skin is formulated with dermatologist-grade 2% Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA), a dual-action ingredient that gently exfoliates skin while attracting and retaining moisture.Wet face. Apply to hands, add water and work into a lather. Massage face gently. Rinse thoroughly
- Kaolin clay mattifying cleanser effectively targets 100% of pore-clogging dirt while respecting skin's natural moisture barrier, leaving your skin soft and perfectly balanced. Plus, it is effective for cleansing before and after wearing your mask
- This oily skin face wash is hypoallergenic, respects skin's natural pH and moisture barrier and is developed with dermatologists. From Neutrogena, a dermatologist recommended skincare brand
- Clay cleanser is formulated to be paraben-free, soap-free, sulfate-free, phthalate-free, alcohol-free, and dye-free. Recyclable bottle is made with 30% post-consumer recycled plastic
- CONTROL OIL WITHOUT DRYING SKIN: This concentrated cream-to-foam cleanser works quickly to thoroughly rinse away oil, buildup, sunscreen & makeup. It helps keep pores clear of congestion-causing debris to visibly reduce clogged & enlarged pores while helping control excess shine & oil.
- Paula's Choice SKIN BALANCING Oil-Reducing Cleanser whisks away the dirt, debris, and impurities from the day, restoring balance & refreshing skin. Skin feels perfectly prepped and refined - never tight or uncomfortable after cleansing.
- Use Paula's Choice SKIN BALANCING Oil-Reducing Cleanser twice daily as part of your morning and evening skin care, along with your favorite Paula's Choice toner, exfoliator, serums, spot treatments, and moisturizer with SPF for daytime wear.
- Paula's Choice products are made with YOUR SKIN in mind. Whatever your skincare concern, whether dryness, acne, fine lines, or sensitive skin; we've got a treatment line for you. The search for amazing skin care ends here. Finally, you found it.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
- 𝗣𝗨𝗥𝗜𝗙𝗬𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗖𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗡𝗦𝗘𝗥 – Natural Outcome Oily Skin Cleanser is used to exfoliate oily and acne prone skin. Cleansing unwanted pore clogging oils and dirt while preventing acne. Our oil control face wash is perfect for people with oily skin types that are tired of greasy skin. Purify your skin while removing unwanted oils.
- 𝗢𝗜𝗟 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗟 𝗛𝗬𝗗𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 – Treating oily skin has never been easy, until now! Natural Outcomes Oily Skin Collection makes it easy to achieve a balanced and hydrated complexion with just three easy steps. Take control of oily skin and jump into a new shine free mattifying complexion.
- 𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗔𝗟 𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦 - All Natural Outcome products are naturally sourced in the USA to provide the safest ingredients. Our oil-free purifying cleanser consists of Grapeseed Extract, a natural cleaning oil that balances skin surface. Citrus Fruit Extract is used as a natural skin clarifying agent that boost & regenerates skin. Tea Tree Extract helps clear acne & aids in controlling oily skin.
- 𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗬 𝗧𝗢 𝗨𝗦𝗘 – Our daily facial cleanser is easy and painless to apply. Simply pump a dab of our face wash into your hands, gently massage the solution onto your face in a circular motion until fully absorbed. This day and night cleanser is perfect for men and women struggling with oily skin.
- 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗔𝗟 𝗢𝗨𝗧𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 – Our belief is that all skincare should be made with pure and honest intentions. All Natural Outcome products are made in the USA using no sulfates, parabens, or dyes, and is never tested on animals. Giving you an organic glow with peace of mind.
- This salicylic acid face wash is formulated with 2% salicylic acid and lipo-hydroxy acid to remove impurities without harsh scrub particles that may irritate skin
- Helps clear acne breakouts, blemishes, pimples
- Clinically tested to reduce excess surface oil by upto 47 percent, leaving skin less oily throughout the day
- 2% Salicylic Acid: Known for its effective exfoliating properties to help clear and refine the appearance of pores. Lipo-Hydroxy Acid: Also known as LHA, has exfolaiting and skin renewing properties
- Tested on sensitive skin; Allergy tested; Dermatologist tested; Non-Comedogenic
- Specifically formulated with 2% salicylic acid acne medication to help clear breakouts
- Skin is deeply cleansed, breakouts are diminished
- Skin looks even and smooth
- CLEANSES, BALANCES, AND REFRESHES SKIN: Superbloom’s Spotless Cleansing Gel gently washes away impurities and reduces excess oil without stripping or overdrying skin. A moisturizing face wash for normal, combination and oily skin
- CRAFTED WITH PLANT-BASED SCIENCE FROM PASSIONFLOWER: High in vitamins C and A, passionflower oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help moisturize skin and calm irritation while fending off free radicals from pollution and sun exposure
- MOISTURIZING FACIAL CLEANSER: A hydrating face wash that can be used daily and leaves skin feeling soft and refreshed. This gel cleanser is non-foaming. Simply massage a dime-sized amount over wet skin, working into a gentle lather, and rinse
- GENTLE FACE CLEANSER: This face cleanser will gently cleanse and balance skin making it suitable for blemishes, pores and fine lines + wrinkles. An anti aging face wash that can improve uneven skin tone with daily use
- VEGAN FACE WASH, CRUELTY FREE, AND EWG VERIFIED: Every Superbloom formula is free of concerning chemicals. The entire line is vegan, cruelty free, lightly scented with 100% natural fragrance, and free of parabens, phthalates, sulfates, and silicones
- DERMACONTROL OIL REMOVING FOAM WASH: A clinically proven, pH-balanced formula is the first step of a daily skincare regimen designed to manage oily, combination skin
- CLEANSES WITHOUT STRIPPING OR OVERDRYING: Washes away dirt, impurities and makeup without overdrying the skin
- SOOTHES IRRITATED SKIN: Innovative Zinc technology reduces surface oil and shine, leaving skin feeling balanced
- HYPOALLERGENIC AND NONCOMEDOGENIC: Instantly forms a light foam that is paraben free and will not irritate the skin or clog pores
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All CETAPHIL products are effective yet non-irritating
- WITCH HAZEL FACE WASH - Cleanse your pores with this refreshingly cool face cleanser that removes 99% of blemish causing dirt and oil.
- SALICYLIC ACID ACNE TREATMENT - With a 2% Salicylic Acid formulation, Biore Witch Hazel Clarifying Cleanser helps to reduce acne breakouts and blackheads.
- CREATE A CLEAR COMPLEXION - Use the Bioré Daily Acne Fighting Cleanser for deep cleansing to treat blemish prone skin. Leaving you with a clearer complexion.
- BREAKDOWN DIRT AND RESIDUE - Formulated with Witch Hazel, a natural astringent, the Biore Pore Clarifying Cleanser breaks down dirt and residue for easy removal from pores.
- CLEARER SKIN WITH DAILY USE - Biore Witch Hazel Cleanser can be used daily on acne-prone skin for clarifying results.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Face Washes for Oily Skin
When it comes to choosing the best face wash for oily skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a face wash.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best face wash for oily skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best face wash for oily skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best face wash for oily skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best face wash for oily skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the face wash you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which face wash you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best face wash for oily skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best face wash for your needs.
Which one of these face washs are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.