With so many options, finding the best face wash for dry skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best face wash for dry skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Face Washes for Dry Skin
- Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser is a daily face wash for normal to dry, sensitive skin
- Formulated with La Roche-Posay prebiotic thermal spring water, niacinamide, and ceramide-3, this face wash gently cleanses skin of dirt, makeup, and impurities while maintaining skin's natural moisture barrier and pH
- Its gentle cream formula helps restore skin comfort and retains essential moisture, leaving the skin feeling comfortable and hydrated
- Soap Free; Oil Free; Fragrance Free; Non comedogenic; Allergy tested; Paraben Free
- Formulated with ceramides to restore moisture and a healthy skin barrier and niacinamide to soothe and visibly fade skin discolorations
- This product is non-sealed
- [ GENTLE FACE CLEANSER ] Daily face wash with hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and glycerin to help hydrate skin without stripping moisture. Removes face makeup, dirt, and excess oil, provides 24-hour hydration and leaves a moisturized, non-greasy feel.
- [ NON-FOAMING CLEANSER ] Moisturizing face wash with a lotion-like consistency feels smooth as it cleanses, even on sensitive, dry skin. Fragrance-free, paraben-free, non-comedogenic and non-drying. Certified by the National Eczema Association
- [ MULTI-USE SKIN CARE ] Skin Cleanser for face and/or body and can be used as a hand wash. Suitable for daily cleansing morning (AM) and night (PM) for normal to dry skin.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products, formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II)to help maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ DEVELOPED WITH DERMATOLOGISTS & #1 DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED SKINCARE BRAND ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more.
- CETAPHIL GENTLE SKIN CLEANSER: Clinically proven to cleanse while hydrating, providing 48 hours of hydration when wiped off versus rinsing
- IDEAL FOR DRY TO NORMAL, SENSITIVE SKIN: Hydrates and soothes as it cleanses, preserving skin's moisture barrier, even after repeat washes
- NEW AND IMPROVED INGREDIENT BLEND: Now with hydrating glycerin and skin essential vitamins B5 (panthenol) and B3 (niacinamide)
- DEVELOPED FOR EVEN THE MOST SENSITIVE SKIN: The hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic formula is free of fragrances, parabens and sulfates
- DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED for Sensitive Skin
- 12-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Facial Cleanser for sensitive skin effectively cleanses face while leaving skin feeling moisturized and naturally soft
- Our extraordinarily mild creamy face cleanser washes away oil, dirt, bacteria and makeup and cleanses even the most dry and sensitive skin, including skin with acne, eczema or rosacea
- Dermatologist developed daily face wash is formulated with minimal ingredients and is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic so it's gentle on skin and won't clog pores
- Clinically proven to be gentle on sensitive skin, our hydrating facial cleanser is oil-, soap-, fragrance- and paraben-free and contains no essential oils. Plus, it's effective for cleansing before and after wearing your mask
- With its unique skin-nourishing polyglycerin formula, this hydrating creamy face wash cleanses skin and is ideal for sensitive and dry skin care. It makes a great addition to a daily at-home skincare routine
- 6-ounce bottle of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Daily Hydrating Facial Cleansing Gel to boost skin's hydration for soft, supple skin
- This hydrating gel formula contains hyaluronic acid and is proven to increase skin's hydration and lock it in, leaving skin feeling refreshingly clean and touchably supple, every time you cleanse
- Lightweight cleanser is easy to apply. The gel transforms into a silky lather that effectively washes away dirt, oil and bacteria and lifts away make-up without stripping your skin for a refreshing and hydrating at-home self-care experience
- This hydrating cleanser & make-up remover is soap-free, oil-free, and paraben-free. From a dermatologist recommended brand, it is also non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost facial cleansing gel is effective for cleansing before & after wearing your mask. The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Collection also includes hydrating Hand Cream, Body Gel Cream, Facial Moisturizers and Cleansers with hyaluronic acid
- Melt away dirt & impurities with Neutrogena Skin Balancing Milky Cleanser with 2% PHA for dry & sensitive skin
- Soothing & silky face wash contains dermatologist-grade 2% polyhydroxy acid (PHA), a powerful liquid exfoliant and moisturizing humectant in one. It decongests down to the pores while conditioning skin
- This PHA formula was developed with dermatologists, is hypoallergenic, and respects skin's natural pH and moisture barrier. Suitable for dry & sensitive skin, the cleanser is also effective for cleansing before & after wearing your mask
- From a dermatologist recommended skincare brand, Neutrogena Skin Balancing face wash effectively targets 100% of pore-clogging dirt while respecting skin's natural moisture barrier, leaving your skin soft & perfectly balanced
- Moisturizing milky cleanser is formulated to be paraben-free, soap-free, sulfate-free, phthalate-free, alcohol-free, and dye-free. Recyclable bottle is made with 30% postconsumer recycled plastic
- You will receive (1) Cetaphil Hydrating Foaming Cream Cleanser, 8 oz
- CETAPHIL HYDRATING FOAMING CREAM CLEANSER: Gentle yet powerful foaming facial cleanser, clinically proven to effectively remove dirt, oil and makeup without drying the skin barrier
- LEAVES SKIN FEELING SOOTHED AND HYDRATED: Hydrates and soothes as it cleanses, preserving the skin's moisture barrier and maintaining its natural pH
- TRANSFORMS INTO A FOAMY TEXTURE: Formulated with soothing prebiotic aloe vera, hydrating glycerin and skin essential vitamins B5 (panthenol) and B3 (niacinamide)
- DEVELOPED FOR EVEN THE MOST SENSITIVE SKIN: The hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic formula is free of fragrances and parabens
- Toleriane Purifying Foaming Facial Cleanser is a daily foaming face wash for normal to oily, sensitive skin.
- Formulated with La Roche-Posay prebiotic thermal spring water, niacinamide, and ceramide-3, this face wash gently cleanses skin of dirt, makeup, and impurities while maintaining the skin's natural moisture barrier and pH.
- Gentle, yet purifying facial cleanser maintains skin's natural barrier and pH with consumers saying skin felt healthier and effectively cleansed.
- Its gentle foaming formula leaves skin feeling clean, fresh, and comfortable with no pore-clogging residue.
- Soap free; Oil free; Fragrance free; Non comedogenic; Allergy tested; Paraben free
- HYDRATING FACE WASH Restore your face to its natural state of moisture & suppleness while cleansing & removing makeup. Gently cleanses without dehydrating or leaving skin feeling tight. Contains skin restoring ingredients safe for use in eye area
- Paula's Choice RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Facial Cleanser replenishes moisture and helps to preserve skin's healthy barrier while effectively cleansing skin. The result? Visibly smoother hydrated softer and younger-looking skin with each use!
- Use RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Facial Cleanser twice daily as part of your morning and evening skin care routines along with your favorite Paula's Choice toner, exfoliator, serums, spot treatments, and moisturizer with SPF for daytime wear.
- Paula's Choice products are made with YOUR SKIN in mind. Whatever your skincare concern, whether dryness, acne, fine lines, or sensitive skin; we've got a treatment line for you. The search for amazing skin care ends here. Finally, you found it.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Face Washes for Dry Skin
When it comes to choosing the best face wash for dry skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a face wash.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best face wash for dry skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best face wash for dry skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best face wash for dry skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best face wash for dry skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the face wash you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which face wash you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best face wash for dry skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best face wash for your needs.
Which one of these face washs are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.