With so many options, finding the best exfoliator for sensitive skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best exfoliator for sensitive skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Exfoliators for Sensitive Skin
- GENTLE NON-ABRASIVE LEAVE-ON EXFOLIANT: with 2% BHA (Beta hydroxy acid), to unclog & diminish enlarged pores, exfoliate dead skin cells, smooth wrinkles, and brighten and even out skin tone. Combats redness, wrinkles, aging, enlarged pores, and blackheads. PACKAGING MAY VARY.
- Dramatically improves skin's texture for radiant youthful even-toned skin. Beta hydroxy acid (BHA also known as salicylic acid) mimics the natural exfoliation process of younger skin by helping it shed extra layers while unclogging and clearing pores.
- HYDRATE, BRIGHTEN & SMOOTH FINE LINES: Our unique, non-abrasive, leave-on exfoliant is gentle enough for daily use on all skin types. Exfoliates dead skin cells while clearing pores for a more even tone, plus it visibly reduces fine lines & wrinkles.
- Paula's Choice facial exfoliants are gentler on delicate skin of the face & neck than an abrasive face scrub, which can cause micro-tears. A BHA leave-on exfoliator delivers hydration & can exfoliate directly inside the pore & improve how the pore works.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
- 4-fluid ounces of Aveeno Calm + Restore Nourishing PHA Exfoliator facial cleanser for sensitive skin with a non-abrasive PHA and oat oil formula to gently exfoliate and cleanse, leaving skin feeling moisturized and smoooth
- Daily facial cleanser gently and effectively exfoliates to renew skin's surface and reveal a refreshed complexion. Its formula features hydrating PHA and nutrient-rich Oat Oil that respects skin's natural moisture barrier and leaves skin feeling hydrated
- The exfoliating cleanser is made with Polyhydroxy-Acid (PHA), a non-abrasive, liquid exfoliant suitable for sensitive skin. This gentle formula renews skin surface and leaves skin feeling clean while removing dirt and impurities
- The silky, hypoallergenic formula of the exfoliating cleanser has been tested on sensitive skin. The nourishing cleanser is non-comedogenic, so it won’t clog pores, and it is free of fragrances, parabens, sulfates, alcohols, dyes and phthalates
- From a dermatologist-recommended brand, Aveeno Calm + Restore Nourishing PHA Exfoliator provides gentle yet effective exfoliation to renew skin's surface revealing a refreshed complexion, making it a great addition to any skincare routine
- This gentle face scrub exfoliates and purifies skin. With ultra-fine pumice particles, it gently helps remove excess dead skin cells, while respecting the sensitivity of the skin.
- Formulated with Perlite, a powder derived from volcanic rock. It is able to absorb water or oil and is known to provide a matte finish on skin and glycerin to help hydrate skin.
- Soap free, alcohol free and paraben free
- Ultra fine particles help reduce the potential for skin irritation. Safe for sensitive skin
- Use 2-3 times a week and massage gently into wet skin.
- CETAPHIL EXTRA GENTLE DAILY SCRUB: Three-in-one facial scrub cleanses, nourishes and soothes sensitive skin
- GENTLY EXFOLIATES SKIN: Micro-fine granules gently buff away dry, dull skin to support natural surface cell turnover without irritation
- CLEANSES WITHOUT OVERDRYING: Removes dirt, oil and impurities leaving skin soft and radiant
- NOURISHES SKIN: Infused skin conditioners and a vitamin complex keep skin comfortably hydrated
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All CETAPHIL products are effective yet non-irritating
- M3 Naturals Activated Charcoal Body Polish Scrub provides a quality exfoliating experience as a body scrub, face scrub, hand scrub, or foot scrub! Working together, our natural charcoal granules and coconut oil will help restore your natural skin glow and wash away those unwanted toxins and dead skin cells!
- Infused with Collagen and Stem Cell our moisturizing charcoal scrub will take your skin care routine to the next level by boosting natural collagen production and increasing skin cell longevity. A truly powerful combination that delivers unmatched anti-aging skincare results! *
- Help Reduce Skin Blemishes - Whether you choose to use our natural charcoal as a face scrub or body exfoliator our unique ingredients will help to reduce the appearance of acne, cellulite, wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, stretch marks, varicose veins, spider veins and so much more! *
- Spa Quality Results for Men and Women: Cleanse your skin naturally and scrub away those unwanted toxins from your pores while balancing systemic pH. A top-quality pore minimizer that cleans and restores your natural skin glow and continues working to maintain its silky-smooth results! *
- Made in the USA: M3 Naturals is proud to provide men and women beauty products with the highest quality ingredients that are not only cruelty-free but made right here in the United States of America. *
- FOLLOW OUR BRAND STORE Be the first to know about new products, exclusive offers and more! Follow our brand store to stay up to date on all things Bliss.
- GENTLE EXFOLIATION- Pineapple and Papaya enzymes act as non-abrasive exfoliants to help loosen dead skin cells for easy removal.
- HYDRATING MOISTURIZER- Seals in hydration by boosting the skin barrier while revitalizing skin cells
- DEEP CLEAN- Cellulose plant fibers ball up when they come in contact with oil on your skin, forming soft clumps that cling to dead skin, rolling them away as they are rinsed.
- PREMIUM INGREDIENTS- Fruit Enzymes, Cellulose, Coconut Fruit Extract, Pro Vitamin B5, Niacinamide and Sodium Hyaluronate
- NO NONSENSE- This product is blissfully free from parabens, phthalates, sulfates, SLS & SLES. All Bliss products are PETA-certified and 100% cruelty-free.
- Instantly Feel the Baby-Soft, Silky Skin: It's time to say goodbye to dry, flaky, and dull skin! This Korean facial exfoliator instantly smoothens rough skin texture by removing dead skin cells, impurities, and buildups in pores and helps you achieve a brighter complexion with ease
- Super Gentle Exfoliation To Skin: Unlike harsh microdermabrasion scrubs or strong chemical acid peels that dissolve proteins, MOTHER MADE Exfoliating Aqua Peel Gel is formulated with moisture-rich cellulose fiber that softly balls up with grime only, without strong chemicals or stress to skin
- Best Preps for Skincare & Makeup: Effective & regular removal of rough surface skin helps improve the absorption of the next-step skin care products and prevents flaky makeup for youthful, glowing skin that lasts all day long
- Hydrating & Soothing: Infused with natural skin conditioners such as Green tea, Vitamin E, Hyaluronic Acid, and Baobab Seed Extract, this vegan face peeling gel works without stripping the skin of essential moisture and leaves it supple even after peeling!
- Use as a Body & Feet Scrub: Exfoliate anywhere you want with this peeling gel to have smooth, glowing skin! Hand, elbows, strawberry legs, armpits or feet (heels)
- Advanced Vegan Formula: Great for the most sensitive skin, this mild exfoliator is formulated only with carefully sourced, plant-based ingredients. Dermatologist-tested; Perfect for all skin types, Men & Women, Hypoallergenic, Cruelty-free
- ♻️MOTHER MADE Sustainable Package: Our commitment to #zerowaste, 𝟒𝟎% 𝐏𝐂𝐑 (𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐲𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐝) 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐬 for the body of the tube and soy ink printed FSC-boxes are used
- BEWARE! Wildpier beauty INC is the manufacturer and only original seller, and we do not sell to any other sellers. GENTLE YET DEEP EXFOLIATION – Slough away dead skin and leave your skin soft and radiant with the Wildpier Luxe Exfoliating Glove. Our plant based deep exfoliating mitt helps improve the skin’s texture and complexion.
- EXFOLIATES SKIN NATURALLY – Exfoliate your skin naturally with our exfoliating body scrub. Use this body exfoliator glove dead skin remover for body and you’re on your way to velvety, glowing skin.
- REDUCES MARKS, KP, AND SCARRING – Using a skin exfoliator glove helps to reduce acne, ingrown hairs, stretch marks, keratosis pilaris, and scarring. The unique fabric weave of the hand exfoliator glove allows it to remain soft yet durable.
- PROMOTES BLOOD CIRCULATION – Increase blood circulation with our bath exfoliating gloves. Leaving your body feeling energized, the easy-to-use bath scrubber will smooth, cleanse, and refresh your skin.
- SENSITIVE SKIN – Designed for ultra-soft and gentle exfoliation. This shower and bath glove is best suited for adult sensitive skin, skin conditions, and use on children’s skin with adult supervision.
- Sugar Face Scrub: Palmer's Coconut Sugar Exfoliating Facial Scrub uses natural Coconut Sugar to gently buff and polish away dirt and dead skin cells, revealing a brighter, fresher and purified complexion
- Natural Factors: This hydrating and calming blend of coconut water, chamomile and coconut oil helps exfoliate while maintaining skin's moisture and balance and promoting a soft and dewy complexion
- Finest Ingredients: We use only the finest natural, raw ingredients for soft, hydrated and beautiful hair & skin. We support sustainable production of Shea & Cocoa Butter and Coconut Oil. You can feel good about what you put on your hair and skin
- Choose What's Real: Our nourishing skin care and hair care products feature real, high-quality, plant-based ingredients. Our product line for whole body care includes body butter, creams, balms, lotions, oils, soaps, pregnancy and stretch mark care
- Why Palmers? For over 180 years, Palmer's has crafted treatment-oriented beauty products using Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil & Vitamin E to soothe, hydrate, soften, replenish and revitalize skin and hair
- The Best Facial Scrub For Dull, Dry, Sensitive Skin. Get Beautiful, more youthful looking skin. Help remove stubborn blackheads, cleanse and minimize pores, exfoliate dull/dead skin cells and moisturize to the base of your skin with each wash. No machine needed.
- Don't Damage Your Skin With Harsh Scrubs. Most exfoliators tear and damage your skin. Our microdermabrasion sugar scrub gently helps loosens dirt, grime and dull skin while nourishing your cells leaving healthy, beautiful looking skin. Get a softer, more youthful look in minutes.
- Say Goodbye To Dull, Dry Skin. Our premium face and body scrub can remove daily build up so your face can replenish and look radiant again. Microdermabrasion at home helps gently polish away damaged skin, blackheads, stretch marks and is a powerful acne scar treatment. Less irritating than chemical peel facials.
- Luxurious 2 In 1 Facial Treatment. Leave on to use as a facial mask to help balance your skin tone, reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. Your skin will soak up vitamin and mineral nourishing agents to help restore and protect skin. Finally, an anti aging mask that works.
- Made For Sensitive Skin. This scrub is non toxic with no parabens or alcohol. It's of the highest quality botanical skin care products containing organic Aloe Vera, Manuka Honey, Walnut and powerful Vitamin C to help protect skin from damaging free radicals and premature aging in our exfoliating scrub and mask for face care.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Exfoliators for Sensitive Skin
When it comes to choosing the best exfoliator for sensitive skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a exfoliator.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best exfoliator for sensitive skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best exfoliator for sensitive skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best exfoliator for sensitive skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best exfoliator for sensitive skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the exfoliator you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which exfoliator you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best exfoliator for sensitive skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best exfoliator for your needs.
Which one of these exfoliators are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.