With so many options, finding the best exfoliator for sensitive skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best exfoliator for sensitive skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Exfoliators for Sensitive Skin
- GENTLE NON-ABRASIVE LEAVE-ON EXFOLIANT: with 2% BHA (Beta hydroxy acid), to unclog & diminish enlarged pores, exfoliate dead skin cells, smooth wrinkles, and brighten and even out skin tone. Combats redness, wrinkles, aging, enlarged pores, and blackheads. PACKAGING MAY VARY.
- Dramatically improves skin's texture for radiant youthful even-toned skin. Beta hydroxy acid (BHA also known as salicylic acid) mimics the natural exfoliation process of younger skin by helping it shed extra layers while unclogging and clearing pores.
- HYDRATE, BRIGHTEN & SMOOTH FINE LINES: Our unique, non-abrasive, leave-on exfoliant is gentle enough for daily use on all skin types. Exfoliates dead skin cells while clearing pores for a more even tone, plus it visibly reduces fine lines & wrinkles.
- Paula's Choice facial exfoliants are gentler on delicate skin of the face & neck than an abrasive face scrub, which can cause micro-tears. A BHA leave-on exfoliator delivers hydration & can exfoliate directly inside the pore & improve how the pore works.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
- This gentle face scrub exfoliates and purifies skin. With ultra-fine pumice particles, it gently helps remove excess dead skin cells, while respecting the sensitivity of the skin.
- Formulated with Perlite, a powder derived from volcanic rock. It is able to absorb water or oil and is known to provide a matte finish on skin and glycerin to help hydrate skin.
- Soap free, alcohol free and paraben free
- Ultra fine particles help reduce the potential for skin irritation. Safe for sensitive skin
- Use 2-3 times a week and massage gently into wet skin.
- [ EXFOLIATING BODY WASH ] Salicylic Acid (SA) is a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), an exfoliator that removes dead skin cells and smooths skin. It acts as a chemical exfoliant, which feels less harsh than physical ones like exfoliating body scrubs.
- [ HYDRATING & SMOOTHING ] Salicylic Acid helps exfoliate rough skin and bumps that can appear on the upper arms and legs, leaving a softer, smoother look and feel. Contains Hyaluronic Acid to help retain skin's moisture and Niacinamide to help calm skin.
- [ SALICYLIC ACID SKIN CARE ] Massage CeraVe Salicylic Acid Body Wash into skin in gentle, circular motions with a washcloth or shower loofah. Can be paired with CeraVe Salicylic Acid Moisturizing Cream for Rough and Bumpy Skin to moisturize & exfoliate.
- [ 3 ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ GENTLE ON SKIN ] Fragrance free, paraben-free, allergy-tested, and non-comedogenic
- FACE CLEANSING DEVICE: This dermatologist-designed exfoliating facial brush boosts the performance of your cleanser for a deep clean
- MAXIMIZE YOUR MOISTURIZER: Prime skin to maximize the hydrating effect of your moisturizer — like Olay Regenerist Whip
- 2 SPEEDS FOR 2 CLEANS: Choose between a daily deep clean or gentle exfoliation
- MAKEUP NO MORE: Our facial cleansing brush delivers superior cleansing on hard-to-remove makeup
- WATER RESISTANT: Safe for in-shower use
- INCLUDES: 1 facial cleansing device handle, 2 soft bristle brush heads, 2 AA batteries
- 5-ounce tube of Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening & Exfoliating Daily Face Scrub cleanses & buffs away dead skin, surface impurities, & oil for softer, brighter skin. This scrub helps improve skin's tone & texture & reveals radiant-looking skin
- The unique formula of this brightening facial exfoliant scrub contains moisture-rich soy extract & naturally derived granules designed to gently exfoliate & cleanse, while removing dirt, oil, & bacteria
- Gentle enough for everyday use & sensitive skin, the daily exfoliating face wash reveals your skin's youthful texture & glow while helping even tone face wash reveals your skin's youthful texture & glow while helping even tone
- From a dermatologist recommended brand, this scrub is soap-free, oil-free, paraben-free, phthalate-free, sulfate-free, dye-free & hypoallergenic. Suitable for everyday use in a beauty or skincare routine, & is non-comedogenic so it won't clog pores
- The Aveeno Positively Radiant collection is designed to enhance your natural radiance & give you a lit-from-within glow. With Soy extract, this product targets skin tone & texture to reveal radiant-looking, smooth, youthful, & healthy-looking skin
- EXFOLIATING & MOISTURIZING FACIAL & BODY SCRUB: Our Brown Sugar Body Scrub and Face Scrub is a gentle sugar scrub that can be used as a Facial Scrub, Body Scrub, and Foot Scrub. It is a triple action body and face exfoliator and moisturizer. Containing only pure and natural ingredients, it acts as a natural exfoliator removing dead skin, and moisturizing to reveal fresher healthier clear skin.
- GREAT FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: While salt scrubs may be too harsh for sensitive skin, this Brown Sugar Scrub is a great facial scrub exfoliator and for sensitive skin. It is softer than regular sugar scrubs, while remaining strong enough to scrub away dead skin cells and make way for the healthier, glowing clear skin. Use our Brown Sugar Facial Scrub, Body Scrub, and Foot Scrub for moisturized smooth skin.
- A VERSATILE SKIN CARE MUST HAVE! Our Brown Sugar Body Scrub and Facial Scrub is perfect for all your skin care needs. This facial scrub and body exfoliator can help clear pimples, blackheads, and bumps on your back, face, and body, making it a must have in your skincare routine. You can use it as both an exfoliator and moisturizer, and it smells great! It can also be used as a lip scrub.
- NOURISHING MOISTURIZER: While certain exfoliating scrubs or dry brushes can leave your skin dry and dull, Brown Sugar Facial Scrub, Body Scrub, and Foot Scrub is actually moisturizing. Brown Sugar helps to keep the moisture in your skin locked in. It’s perfect for use before or after waxing and as a foot scrub.
- PROUDLY MADE IN USA: Our Brown Sugar Facial Scrub, Body Scrub, and Foot Scrub is made in NY, USA using only the highest quality ingredients. It does not contain alcohol, parabens, or sulfates. It is All-Natural, Vegan, and Cruelty Free.
- DEEP CLEANSING SKIN: Turmeric Exfoliating Scrub helps to deep clean pores, soften skin, exfoliates dead skin and unclogs pores. While helping skin reduce blackheads, acne and dark spots, even out skin tone and make skin brighten.
- ORGANIC PLANT INGREDIENTS：Our face scrubs are carefully selected these natural ingredients like turmeric, coconut oil, aloe vera, VC, walnut shell powder and strawberry extract. These high-quality ingredients can give your skin natural treatment and restore youthful state. The main turmeric and VC ingredients are rich in antioxidants, which can change the state of the skin from the inside out and you can enjoy the natural beauty.
- MILD AND NON-IRRITATING：The natural plant formula and delicate walnut shell powder and strawberry extract help exfoliate the skin. Coconut oil and aloe vera can effectively moisturize and soothe the skin, mild and non-irritating, suitable for all types of skin.
- HEALTHY AND SHINY SKIN：Vitamin C Exfoliating Scrub effectively help removes toxins from the skin, evens complexion， improve dull skin and deeply nourishes the skin. Restores your skin to a healthy condition and luster.
- SPA TREATMENTS：Let's say goodbye to rough scrubs to avoid hurt the skin. Using natural, safe and gentle ingredients, our scrub can help the skin effectively exfoliate and form a protective layer, making it easy to use for a spa treatment at home.
- Vitamin C Face Polish Scrub is a natural face exfoliating scrub using quartz crystals, strawberry seeds, and jojoba beads to gently buff skin for a smoother, softer skin texture.
- Ingredients: Brightening Vitamin C Polish Scrub combines Vitamin C with Lactic Acid to help brighten dull skin and dark spots and soften fine lines and wrinkles.
- For All Skin Types: Vitamin C Polish Scrub also contains green tea, coconut water and aloe vera, to hydrate and protect the skin against environmental damage.
- Best Paired With: Our face Polish scrub is best paired with InstaNatural's Vitamin C Facial Cleanser, Facial Toner and Moisturizer for a complete brightening and anti aging routine. For best results, cleanse the skin and follow with the scrub to exfoliate.
- InstaNatural Core Clean Promise: Our skin care products are formulated without 1500+ ingredients such as parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrance, PEGs, petroleum, and formaldehyde releasors. Our products are certified cruelty-free.
- Moderate exfoliation - Made with medium-sized exfoliating particles, Dove Exfoliating Body Polish Macadamia and Rice Milk is smooth and easily spreadable with a mild lather
- Moisture rich formula - Dove Exfoliating Body Polish is formulated with our ¼ moisturizing cream for instant softness.Aluminum free.Paraben free
- Removes dull dry skin and restores skin's natural nutrients - When used as a body scrub, Dove Exfoliating Body Polish gently removes dead skin cells to reveal a new layer of beautiful, radiant skin
- Indulgent fragrance: The collective synergy of Macadamia and floral notes increase comfort and care, every time you exfoliate. A fragrant addition to your skin care routine
- Care while you exfoliate - Massage Dove Exfoliating Body Polish onto wet skin in the shower, before you cleanse with your favorite Dove Body Wash or Dove Beauty Bar
- Thoughtfully made - This body scrub is PETA-certified cruelty-free. Feel good about switching to Dove. A great addition to your skin care routine
- CETAPHIL EXTRA GENTLE DAILY SCRUB: Three-in-one facial scrub cleanses, nourishes and soothes sensitive skin
- GENTLY EXFOLIATES SKIN: Micro-fine granules gently buff away dry, dull skin to support natural surface cell turnover without irritation
- CLEANSES WITHOUT OVERDRYING: Removes dirt, oil and impurities leaving skin soft and radiant
- NOURISHES SKIN: Infused skin conditioners and a vitamin complex keep skin comfortably hydrated
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All CETAPHIL products are effective yet non-irritating
- Packaging May Vary
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Exfoliators for Sensitive Skin
When it comes to choosing the best exfoliator for sensitive skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a exfoliator.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best exfoliator for sensitive skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best exfoliator for sensitive skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best exfoliator for sensitive skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best exfoliator for sensitive skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the exfoliator you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which exfoliator you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best exfoliator for sensitive skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best exfoliator for your needs.
Which one of these exfoliators are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.