With so many options, finding the best drugstore sunscreen for face can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best drugstore sunscreen for face. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Drugstore Sunscreens for Face
- SPF 100 sunscreen for face and body, specifically formulated to help protect skin that burns easily. Ideal for: face + ears, nose, scalp + hairline, arms + hands, full body, neck + chest.
- The only oxybenzone-free SPF 100 Sunscreen with Cell-Ox Shield Technology: broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with antioxidants.
- Oxybenzone and Octinoxate-free sunscreen for face & body helps protect sun-sensitive skin and skin prone to burning from UVA (aging) and UVB (burning) rays with our highest SPF level of 100
- Blends easily without leaving a white cast behind. Wearable under makeup. Water resistant up to 80 minutes
- Formulated and rigorously tested for skin tolerance, even on sensitive skin. Formulated with Vitamin B5: Panthenol (provitamin B5) is a key ingredient used in some La Roche-Posay formulas to help the skin feel soothed and moisturized.
- 1.4-fluid ounces of Aveeno Positively Mineral Sensitive Skin SPF 40+ Sunscreen Face Milk with naturally-sourced zinc oxide & titanium dioxide for superior broad spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection
- Our oil-free liquid facial sunscreen is specially formulated for sensitive skin with a water-light texture that spreads easily over skin and absorbs instantly allowing it to layer invisibly under makeup
- Made with naturally-sourced 100% mineral active ingredients--zinc oxide & titanium dioxide--for effective broad spectrum SPF 40+ sun protection from UVA & UVB rays that melts into your skin with a weightless feel
- This lightweight liquid face sunscreen is designed to be water- and sweat-resistant for up to 80 minutes and features a gentle formula that is hypoallergenic, fragrance-, paraben- and phthalate-free. It is also non-comedogenic so it won't clog pores.
- From a dermatologist-recommended brand for over 65 years, Aveeno Positively Mineral Sensitive Skin SPF 40 Sunscreen Face Milk is available in a convenient travel-size for superior sun protection both at home and on-the-go
- EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 face sunscreen for oily skin contains 9.0% Zinc Oxide, Niacinamide and an antioxidant to promote healthy skin while blocking harmful UVA and UVB rays from the sun
- Apply this face sunscreen for sensitive skin daily to help soothe sensitive skin types prone to acne, rosacea and hyperpigmentation
- EltaMD UV Clear oil free sunscreen protects against breakouts and is an essential acne sunscreen for those with acne prone skin care concerns
- Broad-spectrum SPF 46 coverage ensures this sensitive skin sunscreen helps protect you from the sun and is a daily face sunscreen for your everyday skin care needs
- This Zinc Oxide sunscreen is a non greasy sunscreen sensitive skin lotion recommended by Dermatologists that is fragrance-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free, and noncomedogenic
- CETAPHIL SHEER MINERAL FACE LIQUID SUNSCREEN SPF 50: Nourishes sensitive skin while providing hydrating, chemical free sun protection
- MICROBIOME GENTLE FORMULA: Locks in moisture to hydrate and protect skin delicate microbiome
- NON-COMEDOGENIC, ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT FORMULA: Blends quickly into the skin without leaving a white cast or greasy residue and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes
- SHEER, COSMETICALLY ELEGANT: Glides effortlessly onto skin leaving a dry, matte finish for daily use alone or under makeup; dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested
- REEF SAFE SUNSCREEN: This product is a reef friendly sunscreen.
- ORIGINAL SPF 50 FRAGRANCE-FREE SUNSCREEN FACE LOTION . This is the stuff we use every day. The sunscreen that started it all. We wanted a sunscreen to protect those who live and love in the sun, so we made it.
- MOISTURIZING SUN PROTECTION. Dermatologist and Sonny approved, this non-comedogenic sunscreen delivers UVA/UVB protection and is packed with Vitamin E. Our oil-free, water-resistant and reef friendly SPF 50 Face Lotion is great for all skin types.
- HOW TO USE. 15 minutes before sun exposure, apply liberally to all areas of the skin and avoid the eye area. For best results, reapply after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating. Sonny’s Tip: Apply every 2 hours for maximum sun protection.
- PROTECT YOUR SKIN. The key to practicing safe sun is to protect and moisturize your skin. Our Original Sunscreen line is Hypoallergenic and Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Gluten, Cruelty and Paraben Free to ensure a fun day in the sun.
- TRUST THE BUM. What does that mean? It means trust us, the ones who live on the beach and need products that work on the most intense days in the sun. The simple truth is, when you make products to protect the ones you love, you make ‘em better.
- 1.7-fluid ounces of Neutrogena Invisible Daily Defense Face Serum with SPF 60+ to help even skin tone prep skin for makeup application & preserves skin's natural moisture barrier while guarding against the sun & environmental aggressors
- Designed especially for face, this non-comedogenic facial serum helps prevent sunburn & provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection to help fight against signs of skin aging due to UV exposure, such as wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines & sagging
- Fragrance- & oil-free & non-greasy, the lightweight hydrating serum is infused with ginger extract to help improve skin radiance & an antioxidant complex, which helps fight environmental aggressors that can damage skin & lead to premature skin aging
- Tone-evening SPF 60+ serum is also free from oxybenzone, parabens & mineral oil & provides long-lasting hydration while protecting skin from the sun & environment. Plus, it is invisible on all skin tones
- From the dermatologist recommended sun care brand, it is water- and sweat-resistant up to 80 minutes & can be reapplied on the go without messing up makeup to leave skin looking radiant and renewed
- A water-based, SPF 36 sunscreen for face that delivers invisible, non-white cast sun protection with reef safe and friendly ingredients. Our natural facial sunscreen lotion delivers lightweight hydration to skin in a travel size tube.
- Infused with a blend of green tea and sunflower seed oil, this watery formula blends away seamlessly for a fresh glow. Perfect for adults and safe to use for kids.
- Green Tea: Nurtures skin with soothing and calming hydration benefits
- Cica: Soothes skin and reduces visible signs of irritation and redness
- Sunflower Seed Oil: Delivers lightweight moisture and protection to skin.
- Innisfree offers innovative, accessible, effective skincare beauty solutions powered by responsibly sourced natural ingredients from Jeju Island, South Korea. We treat skin without the use of harmful chemicals and preservatives.
- MULTITASKING SUNSCREEN - Supergoop! Glowscreen is a broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF 40 that helps filter blue light andt doubles as a makeup-gripping primer for dewy, glowing skin that isn’t greasy or oily.
- YOUR NEW GLOW-TO - Glowscreen’s hydrating formula perfects skin, giving it a healthy dose of pearlescence and creating a totally dewy base layer for your look.
- GOOD TO GLOW - With hyaluronic acid, vitamin B5, and niacinamide, this face sunscreen leaves skin naturally supple and dewy from the inside out. One step, and you’re good to glow.
- POWERFUL INGREDIENTS - Our hydration blend helps boost moisture in the skin, leaving it feeling soft and nourished. Sea lavender provides antioxidant protection, while supporting long-lasting hydration.
- HOW TO APPLY - Apply generously and evenly as the last step in your skincare routine and before makeup.
- EltaMD UV Facial sunscreen moisturizer face lotion is beneficial for all skin types needing a moisture boost and UVA/UVB sun protection
- Key hydrating ingredients in this sunscreen like Hyaluronic Acid provide instant hydration to your dry skin and lock in moisture to keep your skin feeling soft
- Enjoy the luxurious feeling of super soft, silky smooth skin when you use this SPF moisturizer face lotion daily
- This non-greasy EltaMD UV face sunscreen with Zinc Oxide is designed for daily use year-round and can be worn alone or under makeup
- Easily pack this TSA-approved travel size sunscreen for quick trips or for on-the-go occasions where you need a daily face moisturizer with spf
- 3-fluid ounces of Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Mineral Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 60 pus provides gentle sun protection against skin aging UVA and skin burning UVB rays to help prevent sunburn
- Specially formulated mineral sunscreen is made with 100% naturally-sourced physical sunscreen active ingredients titanium dioxide and zinc oxide and helps protect against sun damage and sunburn
- Face and body sunscreen lotion features a hypoallergenic formula designed to be gentle on skin, and contains Purescreen Technology to absorb, reflect & scatter dangerous sunrays
- Our sunscreen lotion is both fragrance- and oil-free so as not to irritate sensitive skin, and provides water-resistant protection from sun damage for up to 80 minutes
- Get effective sun protection for your sensitive skin. Apply prior to sun exposure to protect skin during outdoor activities like gardening, biking, hiking, boating or going on a walk with the family
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Drugstore Sunscreens for Face
When it comes to choosing the best drugstore sunscreen for face, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a drugstore sunscreen.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best drugstore sunscreen for face.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best drugstore sunscreen for face, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best drugstore sunscreen for face, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best drugstore sunscreen for face. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the drugstore sunscreen you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which drugstore sunscreen you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best drugstore sunscreen for face. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best drugstore sunscreen for your needs.
Which one of these drugstore sunscreens are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.