With so many options, finding the best drugstore shampoo for fine hair can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best drugstore shampoo for fine hair. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Drugstore Shampoos for Fine Hair
- OUR HAIR VOLUME PROMISE: Love Beauty and Planet Volume and Bounty Sulfate Free Shampoo with Coconut Water and Mimosa Flower gently cleanses thin hair and provides body and hair volume
- SHAMPOO FOR FINE HAIR: This volumizing shampoo is our best shampoo for fine hair and lightly moisturizes while working as a hair thickener and giving your hair volume and strength
- COCONUT WATER AND MIMOSA FLOWER SHAMPOO INGREDIENTS FOR HAIR: Infused with coconut water, this hair thickening shampoo is our best hair volumizing shampoo and is certified vegan and cruelty-free
- THICKENING SHAMPOO: This volume shampoo includes coconut oil for hair and is a suitable shampoo for fine hair
- SHAMPOO FORMULA: This lightweight coconut shampoo is also a paraben-free shampoo, silicone-free shampoo, and dye-free shampoo and it's a vegan shampoo and hair volumizer suitable for colored hair.HAIR PRODUCTS FOR VOLUME: Love Beauty and Planet guilt-free volumizing hair products, like this sulfate-free shampoo for thin hair, are gentle enough to use daily on all hair types
- REFRESH & VOLUMIZE: Infused with oats, rosemary, peppermint & cucumber, this farm-fresh inspired shampoo clarifies, thickens & adds light moisture to make it a perfect shampoo for fine to medium hair
- CLARIFY & THICKEN: Infused with rosemary, peppermint and cucumber for cooling freshness, this shampoo enhances natural beauty. It's free of sulfates, dyes & parabens & safe for color treated hair
- FARM FRESH INSPIRED: We make hair care products that promote healthy hair & scalp, from shampoo & conditioner to hair masks, leave-in milks, mists & oils.
- SOOTHING PROPERTIES: We've been a trusted household brand since 1945. We're best known for our skin & hair care products, where oat's soothing properties are put to work on body, face and scalp
- BEAUTIFUL HAIR FROM ROOT TO TIP: Our hair care products are blended in perfect balance with wholesome ingredients to help soothe your scalp and nourish your strands for beautiful hair from root to tip
- Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Shampoo: This paraben and silicone free formula with Aloe Extract and Vitamin E cleans your hair with the goodness your hair wants for beautiful, healthier hair at every wash
- Garnier Fructis Shampoo and Conditioner formulas are paraben free, vegan, and gentle enough for everyday use to clean and fortify hair
- Nourish and Style with Garnier Fructis: From Mega Full to Anti Frizz hair products Garnier has shampoos, leave in conditioners, hair masks, texturizing sprays and more to help you care for your hair your way
- Over 100 Years of Pioneering in Hair Care: Since 1904 Garnier has blended naturally inspired and derived ingredients into breakthrough formulas; Nourish your hair with hair color and care from Garnier
- Inspired By Nature: Garnier carries an array of products for your hair and skin care needs, from shampoos, color care and styling products to formulas that cleanse, moisturize and repair skin
- Color Safe Shampoo: Low pH shampoo for color-treated hair helps prolong color vibrancy. Gently cleanses to prevent unnecessary stripping of color. Suitable for color-treated or natural hair. Paraben free
- Benefits: Inspired by nature's orchid, Color Last helps maintain the color, depth, tone and shine for vivid color-treated hair. Gives hair salon-vibrant color for up to 9 weeks when using the system
- Additional Benefits: A professional inspired hair treatment to help protect hair balance moisture and even out the hairs surface for saturated shiny vibrant color that stays radiant for weeks
- Suggested Use: Apply to wet hair and lather with a massaging motion. We recommend that you pair Color Last Shampoo with Color Last Conditioner to help maintain your color-treated hair.
- Color Last Collection: Color Last system of Shampoo and Conditioner, nourishes and protects to help maintain the shine of color-treated hair. Color last Shampoo with low pH prolongs color vibrancy.
- Pantene Pro-V Fine Hair Sheer Volume Shampoo - 12.6 oz
- OUAI FINE SHAMPOO. Tired of saying "I'm fine"? Us too. This shampoo breathes life into fine hair, cleans strands and adds bounce and volume. It's the 'pick me up' your hair has been waiting for.
- GET THE BODY YOU'VE ALWAYS WANTED. Strengthening keratin, nourishing biotin and moisturizing chia seed turn the volume up on fine hair. Wet hair, lather up and rinse clean. Follow up with OUAI Fine Conditioner for healthy, luscious hair.
- OUAI MEANS YES. In that casual Parisian way. OUAI is about being better IRL than on Instagram. It's about having honest conversations with our community. It's about letting go of unrealistic expectations and embracing your imperfections.
- INGREDIENTS THAT GET THE JOB DONE. All OUAI products are carefully crafted to cut styling time and nourish your hair health. We put the good stuff in and leave the bad stuff out, without ever sacrificing quality. We are always trying to do better for the planet.
- FOR REAL LIFE, FOR REAL PEOPLE. Celebrity stylist Jen Atkin had used every product on the market but couldn't find a brand she or her friends could relate to. OUAI offers luxury products at affordable prices that are user friendly — no glam squad needed.
- Restores moisture and adds shine to dry, brittle hair
- Shampoo gently cleanses and softens dry hair
- Conditioner detangles and provides increases manageability and shine
- Best for fine to medium hair types in need of moisture and nourishment
- Features Redken's Moisture Complex with Argan Oil
- GENTLY DEFINE YOUR CURLS: OGX Lightweight + Coconut Fine Curls Shampoo is a gentle blend to help cleanse and define curls and add moisture without weighing them down
- FOR CURLS THAT BOUNCE: A non-oily, naturally refreshing blend to help keep your curls defined, shiny and bouncing with joy
- INFUSE YOUR CURLS: This lightweight shampoo is infused with flaxseed oil, coconut water and a touch of citrus oil to help gently cleanse, de-frizz and promote curl volume without weighing them down
- CLEAN, LIGHTWEIGHT CURLS: Apply the shampoo generously to wet hair and massage into a lather. Rinse hair thoroughly and follow up with OGX Lightweight + Coconut Fine Curls Conditioner
- UP TO 5x STRONGER HAIR in 2 washes* vs non conditioning Shampoo
- Moisturizing Shampoo: Hydrate vegan shampoo deeply hydrates and moisturizes hair of all types and textures, but ideal for normal to thick, dry, color-treated and natural hair. Leaves dry hair hydrated
- Moisturizing Formula: This creamy, moisturizing formula works into a luxurious lather; emollient Jojoba leaves hair feeling hydrated, Green Tea supports scalp health, and Sage stimulates follicles
- Key Benefits: Moisturizes dry, damaged hair. Not just safe for color-treated hair but actively protects hair color. Hydrates all hair textures. Cleanses hair and scalp, leaving hair soft and touchable
- Suggested Use: Apply a dime-sized amount to wet hair at the scalp, emulsify into a rich lather and work it down to the ends. Repeat for extra cleansing. Follow with Hydrate Conditioner
- Trusted by salons and professionals, Pureology's shampoo formulas are sulfate-free, paraben-free, vegan, and safe for color treated hair. Try the full Hydrate range for maximum moisturizing benefits
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Drugstore Shampoos for Fine Hair
When it comes to choosing the best drugstore shampoo for fine hair, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a drugstore shampoo.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best drugstore shampoo for fine hair.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best drugstore shampoo for fine hair, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best drugstore shampoo for fine hair, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best drugstore shampoo for fine hair. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the drugstore shampoo you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which drugstore shampoo you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best drugstore shampoo for fine hair. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best drugstore shampoo for your needs.
Which one of these drugstore shampoos are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.