With so many options, finding the best drugstore product for acne can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best drugstore product for acne. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Drugstore Products for Acne
- GENTLE NON-ABRASIVE LEAVE-ON EXFOLIATOR: with 2% BHA (Beta hydroxy acid) to unclog & diminish enlarged pores, exfoliate dead skin cells, smooth wrinkles & brighten & even out skin tone. Combats redness, wrinkles, aging, enlarged pores, & blackheads. PACKAGING MAY VARY.
- Dramatically improves skin's texture for radiant youthful even-toned skin. Beta hydroxy acid (BHA also known as salicylic acid) mimics the natural exfoliation process of younger skin by helping it shed extra layers while unclogging and clearing pores.
- HYDRATE, BRIGHTEN & SMOOTH FINE LINES: Our unique, non-abrasive, leave-on exfoliant is gentle enough for daily use on all skin types. Exfoliates dead skin cells while clearing pores for a more even tone, plus it visibly reduces fine lines & wrinkles.
- Paula's Choice facial exfoliants are gentler on delicate skin of the face & neck than an abrasive face scrub, which can cause micro-tears. A BHA leave-on exfoliator delivers hydration & can exfoliate directly inside the pore & improve how the pore works.
- Paula's Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
- Hardcover Book
- Fu, Victoria (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 240 Pages - 03/23/2021 (Publication Date) - Weldon Owen (Publisher)
- Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer is formulated with dermatologist-recommended ingredients including ceramide-3, niacinamide, glycerin and La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water
- Double action helps repair skin’s natural protective barrier after 1-hour and provide up to 48-hour hydration. Produces a unique prebiotic action on the skin microbiome and restores healthy-looking skin
- Its lightweight cream texture easily absorbs into the skin to provide immediate comfort
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive. Fragrance free, paraben free, oil free, alcohol free, non comedogenic
- Formulated with Ceramide-3: to help retain moisture and maintain a healthy skin barrier. Niacinamide: helps restore skin's moisture barrier, and visibly fading skin discolorations. Glycerin: hydrates skin
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Hirons, Caroline (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 296 Pages - 06/25/2020 (Publication Date) - HQ (Publisher)
- 🍃3-IN-1 BLEMISH TREATMENT CONCEALER — Why just cover a blemish when you can both conceal+heal it? Our multi-purpose pimple concealer combines makeup with skincare to reduce the visibility of acne and other blemishes. Also helps improve overall skin and prevent unnecessary breakouts. Made for Women, Men & Teens. #GenderNeutral He/Him She/Her They/Them Ze/Zie
- 🍃CONCEAL+HEAL PIMPLES ALL-IN-ONE — Use Day & Night ① Primer Face Makeup ② Blemish Concealer ③ Acne Spot Treatment for Face, & Body. NEW blemish treatment for face, acne spot treatment, proactive acne treatment, salicylic acid spot treatment, pimple spot treatment, acne concealer, dark spot corrector, etc… highlight ways it can be utilized. Our concealer makeup, acne cream is a great alternative to acne patches, pimple patches, zit cream & benzoyl peroxide spot treatment.
- 🍃 NEW COLOR-BURSTING TECHNOLOGY — When used as a concealer with salicylic acid (proven acne-fighting medicine) the formula blends smooth from WHITE to COLOR using heat of clean fingers & circular motion application, helping best match the pigment of your skin. Reduce redness, conceal pimples w/ pigment-bursting bead technology. Blends darker the more you rub in, a little goes a long way. Create 20+ shades from light/medium to medium & NEW fair & dark ranges coming soon!
- 🍃 CLEAN INGREDIENTS — Vegan, Non-Toxic, Plant-Based, Cruelty-Free, Paraben Free, Sulfate Free, Fragrance Free — meet the Clean at Sephora Standard! Healthy skin ingredients include; Aloe, Arnica, Bakuchiol, Squalane, Salicylic Acid Cream & Vitamin C Serum for Face. Help as proactive emergency blemish treatment, face primer, acne treatment, spot acne treatment, hormonal acne treatment, acne treatment for teens, and helps fade acne scars. Peace out acne scars✌️ Fight Maskne!
- 🍃 CUSTOMER HAPPINESS PROMISE — 100% say it covered blemishes used as an acne concealer & 95% showed a reduction in pimple size within one single use. Mask acne treatment, best pimple cream spot treatment, best pimple-blemish concealer & best pimple drying lotion. Most experience noticeable results within 1-2 applications. Get help with product questions & usability on our FAQ page | Unisex & For All Skin Types | Create 20+ Color Shades | 0.12 Fl Oz | 3-6 month supply
- ANTI AGING FACE SERUM - Vitamin C blends with Botanical Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E, Witch Hazel, and Jojoba Oil in an anti aging, skin brightening formula designed to improve wrinkles and dark spots
- OUR CUSTOMERS KNOW BEST - Don't just take our word for it, see thousands of reviews from real Amazon customers rave about brighter, fresher looking skin
- PLANT-BASED FORMULATION - No added synthetic colors, fragrances, parabens, phthalates, sulfates, PEGs, or GMOs. Our active botanicals combine in a silky smooth anti-aging serum that can be used day or night.
- CERTIFIED CRUELTY FREE by Leaping Bunny, our Vitamin C facial serum is also formulated, manufactured and bottled in the USA for guaranteed freshness
- EXTENDED MANUFACTURER GUARANTEE - Love it or your money back! If for any reason you decide this product isn't a good fit for your skin, we offer a 90-day money-back refund. The expiration date is printed on the barcode sticker attached to the packaging.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Roth, Leah (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 154 Pages - 06/04/2019 (Publication Date) - Skyhorse Publishing (Publisher)
- SKINCARE ON THE GO: The e.l.f. Jet Set Hydration Kit contains all of your skincare favourites in a TSA-ready travel-sized kit, including Cleanser (30ml), Balm (6g), Moisturizer (25ml), Eye Cream (7g) and Night Cream (15g).
- NOURISH & HYDRATE: Packed with skincare essentials such as Aloe, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Peptides and Hyaluronic Acid.
- FOR EVERYONE: Perfectly compatible with all skin types.
- SKIN-LOVING INGREDIENTS: All e.l.f. products are made from skin-loving ingredients you want, minus the toxins you don’t—all at good-for-you prices. All e.l.f. products are 100% cruelty-free and Vegan.
- Matte Setting Spray: For a matte makeup look that stays put, use our lightweight setting spray to reduce shine and leave a fresh, just applied look all day; Works with all makeup including foundation, eyeshadow, and powder
- Lock In Your Look: Get a smooth, long lasting finish for your makeup with this lightweight setting spray that helps extend makeup wear up to 16 hours, until it's time to party
- Face From Foundation To Finish: Complete your makeup look with our full line of face products to aid in color correction and coverage from concealer, blush, bronzer, foundations and contouring to palettes and powders
- Cruelty Free Cosmetics: We believe animals belong in our arms, not in a lab; All of our makeup is certified and acknowledged by PETA as a cruelty free brand; We don't test any of our products on animals
- Discover NYX Professional Makeup: Try all of our professional makeup products today from eyeshadow, eyeliner, and false lashes to liquid lipstick, lip gloss, primer, concealer, setting sprays and eyebrow makeup
- New look, same great formula; packaging may vary
- Award-winning, bestselling double-sided mascara plus lash primer for ultimate length and volume
- Ophthalmologist Tested
- Cruelty free
- EWG Certified
- 100% tree-free paper carton
- MADE WITH: Jojoba Esters
- MADE WITHOUT: Parabens, Paraffins, Synthetic Fragrances, Silicones, Mineral Oil
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Drugstore Products for Acne
When it comes to choosing the best drugstore product for acne, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a drugstore product.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best drugstore product for acne.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best drugstore product for acne, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best drugstore product for acne, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best drugstore product for acne. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the drugstore product you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which drugstore product you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best drugstore product for acne. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best drugstore product for your needs.
Which one of these drugstore products are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.