With so many options, finding the best drugstore moisturizer for dry skin can be overwhelming. There are so many things to consider such as ingredients, formula, brand name, price, and so much more. Needless to say, this can be pretty time-consuming.
To save you the hassle, we researched hundreds of products and sifted through thousands of customer reviews. Then we checked the ingredients, formula, efficacy, and price. Based on this, we bring you the best drugstore moisturizer for dry skin. Let’s have a look.
Top 10 Best Drugstore Moisturizers for Dry Skin
- CETAPHIL DAILY HYDRATING LOTION FOR COMBINATION SKIN: Instantly hydrates and locks in moisture for 24 hours to protect skin from dryness
- IMMEDIATE AND INTENSE HYDRATION: Hyaluronic acid and powerful moisturizing agents provide long lasting hydration
- FAST ABSORBING, LIGHTWEIGHT FORMULA: Non-greasy moisturizer won't clog pores
- NO ADDED FRAGRANCE AND HYPOALLERGENIC: Clinically tested to be gentle on combination, sensitive skin
- DESIGNED FOR SENSITIVE SKIN: All CETAPHIL products are effective yet non-irritating
- FROM THE #1 DOCTOR RECOMMENDED SENSITIVE SKINCARE BRAND
- Lightweight Moisturizer For Face: This oil free moisturizer instantly locks in moisture; With Vitamin C and Fruit Water Antioxidant Complex, this face lotion is suitable for all skin types, but is ideal for dry skin types
- Gel Texture Face Cream with Brightening Vitamin C: This face moisturizer delivers deep hydration, with a light texture that leaves skin feeling hydrated, soft, fresh and smooth
- Garnier SkinActive Moisturizer: Whether you need intense hydration to quench thirsty, dry skin, brightening Vitamin C, anti aging moisturizer with hyaluronic acid, or a moisturizer with spf, there's a Garnier SkinActive moisturizer for you
- Garnier Skin Care: We developed Garnier SkinActive with gentle formulas to leave your skin looking fresh and healthy, no matter your skin type; Find the face wash, moisturizer, bb cream, makeup remover, eye cream, serum, or mask for you
- Commited to making Garnier a greener beauty brand: As a leading global beauty brand, we aspire to create a positive impact by paving the way towards more sustainable beauty. Approved by Cruelty Free International under the Leaping Bunny Program.
- Moisturize and soothe: Use our body cream to hydrate, restore and maintain a normal moisture level for relief from irritated, cracking or itchy skin
- Ingredients for sensitive skin: Free of dyes, fragrance, masking fragrance, lanolin, parabens and formaldehyde releasers; this non-comedogenic skin cream won’t clog pores
- Directions: Apply moisturizer as often as needed to face, hands, feet and body or as directed by a physician. Ideal for the entire family.
- Dermatologist tested: Awarded Seal of Acceptance from the National Eczema Association
- Please note: There are no fragrances or masking fragrances in Vanicream products, but there may be a slightly different aroma to each batch; packaging may vary
- Firmer Skin Fast: Dermatologically tested NIVEA skin firming lotion helps firm and improve skin's elasticity in as little as two weeks
- Enriched with Antioxidants: The creamy formula in this NIVEA lotion promotes firmer skin, and is enriched with CoQ10 and Vitamin C
- Ideal for Dry Skin: NIVEA Nourishing Skin Firming Body Lotion is perfect for those looking for a daily dry skin lotion
- Rely on NIVEA Products: NIVEA is a trusted leader in skin care products, with more than 130 years of experience
- Includes one (1)16.9 fluid ounce bottle of NIVEA Nourishing Skin Firming Body Lotion with Q10 and Vitamin C
- [ HYALURONIC ACID MOISTURIZER ] With hyaluronic acid, ceramides and MVE technology for 24 hour hydration. Rich, velvety texture that leaves skin feeling smooth, it is absorbed quickly for softened skin without greasy, sticky, feel.
- [ ESSENTIAL CERAMIDES ] Ceramides are found naturally in the skin and make up 50% of the lipids in the skin barrier. All CeraVe products are formulated with three essential ceramides (1, 3, 6-II) to help restore and maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- [ DRY SKIN RELIEF ] A deficiency of ceramides in skin can often be associated with dry skin, which can feel itchy and look flaky. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream was shown to increase the skin's level of ceramides after 4 weeks.
- [ DERMATOLOGIST RECOMMENDED ] CeraVe Skincare is developed with dermatologists and has products suitable for dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, acne-prone, and more. This skin care product comes with a lid seal
- [ GENTLE DAILY MOISTURIZER ] For face and body or can be used as a hand cream for dry skin relief. Holds National Eczema Association (NEA) Seal of Acceptance. Fragrance free, paraben free, allergy-tested, and non-comedogenic.
- OIL-FREE: This oil-free, water cream releases a burst of skin-improving Japanese nutrients, powerful botanicals and optimal hydration for pure, poreless skin.
- PROVIDES NUTRIENT-RICH, BALANCED HYDRATION: Unique water-burst cream breaks upon application to deeply deliver treatment benefits, hydrating without leaving skin sticky or greasy.
- CLARIFIES AND REFINES skin with pure, powerful Japanese botanicals: Japanese Wild Rose visibly tightens pores and smoothes skin texture. Japanese Leopard Lily helps control excess oil and clarify skin by encouraging natural skin turnover.
- JAPANESE SUPERFOODS: Hadasei-3, a trinity of green tea, rice & algae, restores healthy-looking, youthful radiance. Imparts a subtle, shine-free glow with a touch of 23-karat gold.
- BEAUTIFUL FACES, BEAUTIFUL FUTURES: Every Tatcha purchase supports education equality worldwide. In 2014, we created this fund to help girls stay in school through the Girl’s Education Program in Asia and Africa. As of 2021, your purchases also bring diverse books to underserved communities in the United States through Room to Read’s U.S. Literacy Initiative.
- Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer is formulated with dermatologist-recommended ingredients including ceramide-3, niacinamide, glycerin and La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water
- Double action helps repair skin’s natural protective barrier after 1-hour and provide up to 48-hour hydration. Produces a unique prebiotic action on the skin microbiome and restores healthy-looking skin
- Its lightweight cream texture easily absorbs into the skin to provide immediate comfort
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive. Fragrance free, paraben free, oil free, alcohol free, non comedogenic
- Formulated with Ceramide-3: to help retain moisture and maintain a healthy skin barrier. Niacinamide: helps restore skin's moisture barrier, and visibly fading skin discolorations. Glycerin: hydrates skin
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Roth, Leah (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 154 Pages - 06/04/2019 (Publication Date) - Skyhorse Publishing (Publisher)
- 4-fluid ounces of Clean & Clear Essentials Dual Action Face Moisturizer made with 0.5% salicylic acid acne medication helps treat and prevent pimples while also moisturizing dry skin, leaving it feeling smooth and soft
- Formulated for acne-prone skincare but suitable for all skin types, this daily facial moisturizer features an oil-free formula that works to target blemishes without over-drying skin
- Acne face moisturizer is made with salicylic acid, an acne medication that has been proven to effectively fight pimples and help prevent new breakouts from forming
- Part acne treatment, part moisturizer, its unique formula is designed for daily use in an acne skincare routine to help keep acne in check and skin looking healthy
- Recommended as part of a 3-step routine with Clean & Clear Essentials Facial Cleanser and Astringent to help keep acne under control and skin looking clear
- Restores moisture and adds shine to dry, brittle hair
- Shampoo gently cleanses and softens dry hair
- Conditioner detangles and provides increases manageability and shine
- Best for fine to medium hair types in need of moisture and nourishment
- Features Redken's Moisture Complex with Argan Oil
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Drugstore Moisturizers for Dry Skin
When it comes to choosing the best drugstore moisturizer for dry skin, the most important thing to consider is the ingredients. If you’re particularly allergic to a specific ingredient, make sure to only choose products that don’t contain it. This way, you won’t experience allergies or irritation when using a drugstore moisturizer.
Another important thing to consider is the price. You shouldn’t always chase the cheapest product on the market as it can cause problems in the long run. Similarly, just because a product is expensive doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for you. Make sure to do your due diligence when shopping for the best drugstore moisturizer for dry skin.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
When looking for the best drugstore moisturizer for dry skin, it’s better to avoid harsh chemicals. Generally, it’s better to look for a product that doesn’t contain synthetic fragrances, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, etc. Even the reputable products can sometimes contain these chemicals, it’s important to look at the formula. Too much of these chemicals can be bad for you.
If a product is well-received on Amazon, chances are it’s usually pretty good. These reviews are generally a testament to the efficacy of a product. When shopping for the best drugstore moisturizer for dry skin, you should usually go with product with the star rating of 3. 5 or more. The higher the better!
Read Customer Reviews
Reading customer reviews can also be helpful when purchasing the best drugstore moisturizer for dry skin. It’s possible that someone else who has the same needs as you has already tried and reviewed the product. Reading their review will give you an idea on whether or not the drugstore moisturizer you’re looking to buy is worth your time and money.
Finally, when it comes to beauty, skincare, or hair care products, it’s usually better to stick with reputable products. There are so many products available on the market, but the brands which have stood the test of time are the ones that you should generally go for. At the same time, don’t be afraid of experimenting with new products.
No matter which drugstore moisturizer you’re considering, it’s important to do a patch test first (even if a product is well-received). Everyone is different and so are their needs. So, always be sure to do a patch test when you try out a new product.
It can be challenging to find the best drugstore moisturizer for dry skin. However, we’ve done all the heavy-lifting for you. We hope this article helped you find the best drugstore moisturizer for your needs.
Which one of these drugstore moisturizers are you going to try? Let us know in the comments below. If you have any questions, ask away.